Eiralox
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1275 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:29 pm

Post by Eiralox »

gibus seems scummy. they were prodded, we'll see.
Corwinoid
Corwinoid
Goon
Corwinoid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1276 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:31 pm

Post by Corwinoid »

In post 1274, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
In post 1172, Corwinoid wrote: I'm glad you joined us, now how about some thoughts about someone else, in particular Elsa?
I didn't even see this.

Elsa can be town. Or at least town enough that elimming there makes no sense Today.

You really can't have players like Gibus and NM making D3 in a game. I understand we can only get one Today, but leaving these slots around is dangerous. Sounds like policy elim, and kind of is, but I have seen enough from Gibus which makes me think he could be scum. Vig should shoot NM to sort that shit out
I did that math. NM only gets vigged tonight if we launch town. I'm a bit more ambivalent about gibus, but why would I policy elim someone when I think there's at least one better sort?
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1277 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:31 pm

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

Gibus isn't a policy elim
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Corwinoid
Corwinoid
Goon
Corwinoid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1278 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:32 pm

Post by Corwinoid »

And that's assuming it wasn't a 1-shot. NM does not get launched today.
Corwinoid
Corwinoid
Goon
Corwinoid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1279 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:39 pm

Post by Corwinoid »

Explain why you think gibus is a better launch than Vivax today?
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1280 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:44 pm

Because Vivax is town? It's difficult to build a case for scum when they have 30 posts in 52 pages
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Eiralox
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1281 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:45 pm

Post by Eiralox »

so toffee what do you think about Vivax's D1 votes?
Corwinoid
Corwinoid
Goon
Corwinoid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1282 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:45 pm

Post by Corwinoid »

A compelling argument indeed.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1283 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:54 pm

In post 1281, Eiralox wrote:so toffee what do you think about Vivax's D1 votes?
Haven't seen anything of note yet
Eiralox
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1284 (ISO) » Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:55 pm

Post by Eiralox »

ok. so gibus scummy. got it. you also found crescent scummy, first impression, first vote. so if not gibus, crescent? if not them, who?
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1285 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2022 12:01 am

Crescent scum was for a number of reasons (both early and current game)

Nobody else has really stood out to me. I'm pretty sure I'm not elimming Alex/Vivax/Corwin Today, probably Elsa, too. I do have something from early game that pinged with Elsa but it's an associative and I don't really do pre-flip associatives so need to hold onto it.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1286 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2022 12:09 am

Owen talks about Gibus a lot in the early game.
Corwinoid
Corwinoid
Goon
Corwinoid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1287 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2022 12:12 am

Post by Corwinoid »

In post 1285, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:I'm pretty sure I'm not elimming Alex/Vivax/Corwin Today, probably Elsa, too.
And I'm pretty sure I'm not elimming gera, NM, Eira, and probably gibus. If we're trying to reach a consensus that would leave you or Crescent, and I'd really hate to leave my Vivax wagon right now.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1288 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2022 12:14 am

Because you want a game with both NM and Gibus in D3? Super stuff.

How do you plan to read these players?
Corwinoid
Corwinoid
Goon
Corwinoid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1289 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2022 12:15 am

Post by Corwinoid »

You can't, you treat them with probability, and probability does not favor launching them today -- it's explicitly anti-town.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1290 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2022 12:17 am

This reads list is horrific.

Gibus is probably scum. Can we elim them now?
Eiralox
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1291 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2022 12:18 am

Post by Eiralox »

Uuuhhhhhh that's Not_MAfia...... ...
Corwinoid
Corwinoid
Goon
Corwinoid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1292 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2022 12:19 am

Post by Corwinoid »

That has been the most town post of the game. Look at all the effort he had to put into that shit post to color every character differently. I was literally in awe.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1293 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2022 12:24 am

I know who NM is...I recently did a thread in GD I think it was titled 'Old faces' to see who was still around that I played with years ago. NM posted and it made me want to vote him but I couldn't remember why.

Now I do.
Corwinoid
Corwinoid
Goon
Corwinoid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1294 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2022 12:26 am

Post by Corwinoid »

He does provoke that kind of visceral reaction doesn't he?

Regardless, he's been useful for filtering the game into the groups of players who want to do an explicitly anti-town thing after having it explained to them that it's explicitly anti-town, and those who don't. Oddly, the former group currently only consists of you and Vivax.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1295 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2022 12:29 am

That's because people are bad at playing this game.

They allow these players into ELo and go on to lose and wonder why. D1 elim really should have been NM or Gibus.

If you don't judge NM on his content (using that word very loosely) such as an extremely poor reads list, what do you judge him on?
Eiralox
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1296 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2022 12:32 am

Post by Eiralox »

imma bounce to town back in 5-7 hours.

if mafia didn't know who third was then policy-lynch d1 might not be greatest of ideas, nor going for most scummy person... unless owen dropped enough hints to be known. but scum might also then use policy-lynch as a smokescreen, suggesting it but not voting/pushing enough to get it seen done.

that's only directly relevant to D1 tho, and haven't done another gross re-read to be approaching this with any factual conclusion, just one of the ideas floating around in my brain.

owen knew to hammer on gerorge, did owen follow one or more of the scum team, or hammered away from where they voted with purpose? that's another question.
Corwinoid
Corwinoid
Goon
Corwinoid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1297 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2022 12:33 am

Post by Corwinoid »

I somewhat-agree he should have gone D1, but it's not D1 and now things have changed.

If I put 8 green balls and 2 red balls in a bag, blindfold you and ask you to take one out and guess what color it is, what would you guess?

I judge him like my balls.

And I'll leave you with that thought as I go to bed.
gibus
gibus
Goon
gibus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1298 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2022 1:08 am

Post by gibus »

Man that was a very busy week. Here are some thoughts on the start of D2.

Spoiler:
In post 902, Vivax wrote:
In post 900, Vivax wrote:
In post 899, clidd wrote:
Speaking of which, does anyone know why this image is in Alex's ISO? ^
I don't, but maybe you do.
Ok, that's a crumb probably would be my best guess.
Methinks this is a bit too laid back to come from scum.
Mafia try not to leave any vulnerabilities in their posts, and discussing pr crumbs is an easy target for being anti town.
Could be calculated but considering the timing of his response, idt that's likely.

Spoiler:
In post 934, Alexcellent wrote:I'm assuming that the scum team didn't actually know Unowen's alignment given he's a traitor

Clidd is an interesting kill. RIP Clidd and George. Sorry for the bad read on you George.
I'm going to have to review some stuff but I sorta felt weird about Clidd/Elsa throughout D1. Not sure how Clidd's death affects things. Elsa is still high up there for me I think.
Def want pressure on Goldfish today. Felt a lot of apprehension and not a lot of scumhunting from her D1.

Nothing super exciting jumps out at me from a glance at Unowen's ISO. He voted Corwin all day long until he hammered George. Maybe worth noting he asked Elsa for an opinion on Corwin and seemed very interested in the answer to the point of repeatedly questioning her. Maybe that's a traitor trying to find out what his scum companion thinks without being able to directly communicate? But also it's admittedly pretty loose. It just kind of jumps out at me because of him repeatedly directing the question her way. And then there's this:
In post 452, UNOwen wrote:I don't think Elsa suggesting she didn't give me any further thought until now after my lame response to her initial poke is a good sign for her alignment.
Also this is prob worth noting:
In post 429, UNOwen wrote:
In post 393, Corwinoid wrote: I really want to know what your fascination with me is.
I think you're scum.
Does the traitor super bus his scum buddy all D1 long like this? I know this is WIFOMy but I like getting it out into the open. Felt like Owen would have stayed on that wagon and IMO Corwin was at genuine risk of being eliminated yesterday until George wagon got bigger. I feeeeeel like that makes me slightly more leaning town on Corwin. But yeah, WIFOM.
Owen's insistence by itself is wifom sure, but I like Corwin's response.
Quoting the wiki page on traitors:
"identity is not known by the Mafia team, although they should know a Traitor exists"

If corwin is scum, wouldn't it have been better play for him to first ponder over whether this was a signalling attempt or not? Instead there's an immediate OMGUS with 0 hesitation or reconsiderations later.
In post 393, Corwinoid wrote:
In post 307, UNOwen wrote:
In post 305, Elsa Jay wrote: Won't say who yet but reading the last four pages made 2 people move up in my town list and 1 down. I'm here to interact all day as well.
Where is Corwin on your list and why?
I really want to know what your fascination with me is. Since your RVS vote you haven't even looked anywhere else or engaged meaningfully with any other slot in the game. Seriously, what's going on here?

VOTE: UNOwen

Spoiler:
In post 968, Corwinoid wrote:
In post 967, Alexcellent wrote:What makes you think NM is town?
Because there's a 75% chance he's not scum. None of his activity has moved that.
This also is a good post from corwin altho I don't agree with the sentiment. He made it clear that his stance on null players is that they are town by default based on probabilities, meaning scum!him won't be able to push any policy elims on them in the future. Basically the opposite of keeping his options open.

I've got a good townread on this slot so far.

Spoiler:
In post 978, Corwinoid wrote:I'm perfectly happy to die on this hill. Are you?

Better for me to be alive and hunt your partner, but it's perfectly fine town to trade me for scum this early when we've already got one too.

VOTE: Vivax
To anyone still scumreading corwin - pause for a second and explain to me why scum would EVER in a million years continue to death tunnel someone more trusted in this situation?
Wasn't that what got him so close to an elimination yesterday? And to keep doing the same as scum with only 1 teammate left.. No way.
outsmarts bullet
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1299 (ISO) » Sat Jun 18, 2022 1:11 am

All of that to explain a town read on someone under 0 pressure.

Cool.

Who is scum?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”