Mini 2274: Terminator: Salvation Game Over!

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2022 1:51 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

hmm
what do you think he means by a secret coin flip?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
ejjinami
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2022 1:53 am

Post by ejjinami »

In post 225, Gamma Emerald wrote:hmm
what do you think he means by a secret coin flip?
as far as i understand it he said he had reads
ejjinami
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
ejjinami
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2022 1:55 am

Post by ejjinami »

that’s also why it felt also forced
bad mix of trying to act memey and mentioning “by chance” that he’s working on reads
imo
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2022 2:02 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

okay
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2022 2:36 am

Post by Roden »

In post 212, Loki Dokie wrote:
In post 211, Roden wrote:Aisa Eiji Loki Gamma all feel town so far

FB seems like he's kinda just posturing
Can you elaborate more on that? Both you and NAHA have been sussing to on FB. and yeah, it’s the only sr of theirs that makes any sense to me as a possibility, since I think ejj’s reaction to Andante read like exasperated town to me.

@Andante, if you really are that not okay with being leader, I will unvote you.
The scum claim jokes don't feel natural. I get the feeling that they would be making those jokes regardless of their alignment, but tonally it comes off to me like they're only doing it because they already established that they're gonna be doing it. I'm seeing a lot of jokes and messing around, but it's like they're playing a character.

Then again, idk if this is just how they typically play.
Loki Dokie
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:34 am

Post by Loki Dokie »

In post 221, ejjinami wrote:[heal.]aisa[/heal]
pending…. Edited and broke the code cuz I realized that I don’t know how the vote count looks like.
Will repeat if it’s safe
I want my heal there but I’m not exactly confident enough to hammer
--------------
In post 212, Loki Dokie wrote: @Andante, if you really are that not okay with being leader, I will unvote you.
you know… why not just be honest?
I find it kinda amusing how you’ve justifying unvoting right now with their request despite blatantly ignoring it when you first made the vote. They said nothing about that recently, which makes it feel like at first you ignored the request in order to paint a confident/decisive self-image and now you’re using it as an excuse to vote elsewhere.
For the sake of clarity, you could unvote without explanation and no one would bat an eye. The excuse wasn’t even necessary.

This is not a scum-read btw. I don’t think I know you personally and this action in particular doesn’t seem to be linked to anything besides a giant attachment to how people perceive you.
Tho I find myself unable to see through performative behavior after a few days, I will most likely seriously consider yeeting just for the sake of safety. Honesty is greatly appreciated.
I don’t have a read on asia yet and I don’t see why you view my asking Andante if she really doesn’t want to be leader, I would unneal her, “performative”?

Because I did that right after Roden made his post saying pretty much that or did you somehow miss that?
Like how do you have this take and completely ignore that?
Loki Dokie
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:37 am

Post by Loki Dokie »

In post 229, Roden wrote:

Can you elaborate more on that? Both you and NAHA have been sussing to on FB. and yeah, it’s the only sr of theirs that makes any sense to me as a possibility, since I think ejj’s reaction to Andante read like exasperated town to me.

The scum claim jokes don't feel natural. I get the feeling that they would be making those jokes regardless of their alignment, but tonally it comes off to me like they're only doing it because they already established that they're gonna be doing it. I'm seeing a lot of jokes and messing around, but it's like they're playing a character.

Then again, idk if this is just how they typically play.
It is but I could possibly see an argument that maybe they seem more muted? here like in Squid? Idk. So far, I really can’t tell but NAHA was right on Fire in Squid, so it’s something I need to consider.
Loki Dokie
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:39 am

Post by Loki Dokie »

In post 210, Roden wrote:HEAL: NotAHecticAlt

I town read Andante but I understand that she doesn't want to be nominated. So my second heal will just go to whichever of her town reads I agree with the most.

Here @ejjanami

Tell me how I wasn’t being “honest” again, I’ll wait.
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2022 4:41 am

Post by Andante »

In post 126, NotAHecticAlt wrote:oh roden/fidget prob town i forgot lmao
the people not really posting are "prob town" ?? what kind of logic is that...
In post 128, NotAHecticAlt wrote:does anyone have any issue with a pairing of Penguin - Andante for team leaders btw?
yeah, Penguin isn't really talking...
In post 136, Firebringer wrote:
In post 125, NotAHecticAlt wrote:blah why does no one feel towny
maybe got to lower ur standards
LOL I laughed too hard at that
In post 143, NotAHecticAlt wrote:regardless im fine with my heal there as i think the controversy around it spews penguin town :3
uhh what? like, even if I heal scum as leader, I'm healing people who actually talk/do stuff, like.. I'm not making anyone who is doing NOTHING a leader... and I certainly don't want to be leader with anyone who is doing nothing.. and I have a feeling whatever town we do elect leader is gonna feel the same way
In post 152, NotAHecticAlt wrote:believe it or not im not actually informed of your alignment and need to sort to figure it out.
I can't tell if you're trying too hard to look towny, or what you're doing.. like, Aisa went "Andante seems towny for lots of posting" or whatever, and then you just started spamming random posts.. like, I think all these posts actually made me TR you less, cause like, there's a post cap, you're posting literally just for the sake of posting...
In post 162, NotAHecticAlt wrote:im not even trying to be townread ..? im trying to be leader, yes, but im overall trying to hardsolve the game d1 because im like always n1d as town nowadays
nothing in your iso thus far says you're trying to hard solve...
In post 164, Firebringer wrote:have you tried being bad so u don't get n1ed. I can teach u a thing or two on how to live to endgame as town.
LMAOOOO
NotAHecticAlt
NotAHecticAlt
Goon
NotAHecticAlt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2022 4:49 am

Post by NotAHecticAlt »

No I literally naturally post a lot, I've had the top post count since I entered thread.
NotAHecticAlt
NotAHecticAlt
Goon
NotAHecticAlt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2022 4:50 am

Post by NotAHecticAlt »

I think maybe you are not reading my posts if you think im not trying to hard solve when I have reads on every player
NotAHecticAlt
NotAHecticAlt
Goon
NotAHecticAlt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2022 4:52 am

Post by NotAHecticAlt »

In post 218, ejjinami wrote:
In post 191, NotAHecticAlt wrote:RR trying to hedge a read without appearing to do so

very creative strategy, I'll have to try it sometime
forgive me for being blunt, accusing people for doubtful reasons at best won’t accomplish much at this point
You wrote that read without thinking much, possibly a response to a scum-read on you.
Possibly as a way to maintain the leader-persona
please, quit it.
it just makes you appear unpredictable. It would be good to have some way to determine whether you seriously think of scum-reading someone or it’s just a reaction-test
In post 192, Firebringer wrote:dont we all hedge. i mean ur hedging on me.
I am hedging on a secret coin flip on a few players.

Hedging keeps the game turning
bleh
forced
Give me the result tho
The point was they made a scumread by dressing it up as a maybe townread - I dont think this kind of "testing the waters" is towny and frankly, looks outing to me.
NotAHecticAlt
NotAHecticAlt
Goon
NotAHecticAlt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2022 4:54 am

Post by NotAHecticAlt »

HURT: Penguin
HEAL: ejj
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2022 4:59 am

Post by Andante »

In post 185, Gamma Emerald wrote:actually based on the event name "encrypted communications" they probably get a hood
pearing time hell yeah
oh yeah.. and that'd be why town would benefit, cause 2 town in a hood... can be pretty good
In post 188, Radical Rat wrote:Also, I thought the post cap being 150 per phase was high enough as to be largely inconsequential, but at the rate some of you are going... Yikes.
yeah... like 150 is a max, and it feels like people are doing everything in their power to ensure they hit 150.. like people, SLOW DOWN please, this game doubled in size overnight...
In post 196, Radical Rat wrote:If you thought I'd have super committed and confident reads a few hours into the game, then well. This probably won't be the last time I disappoint you
I think you're good thus far!! lol I mean, half the table is doing nothing, so then options for leaders are smaller.. and uhh NAHA is spamming, and yeah.. that's about all there is, so I think what you have is great!
In post 207, Loki Dokie wrote:So, I’m still good with my vote because Andante is currently the only slot, I’d currently bet the game on being town.
WOOOOOO I DID IT!!! IM A STRONG TR FOR SOMEONE!!! I win!!! gg!!!
In post 208, Fidget wrote:Do you like scum @Andante?
Yeah, I love scum
In post 210, Roden wrote:I town read Andante
hmmm, why do you TR me? I only had like what? 3 or 4 posts? so what makes me town? cause I know everyone else is throwing around I'm town, so are you just like agreeing with them to look towny or what?

What do you tr about Aisa?
In post 212, Loki Dokie wrote:@Andante, if you really are that not okay with being leader, I will unvote you.
If it happens it's fine!! Cause umm if it's a PT like Gamma suggested it might be... I would love a PT.... hahahaha like even if it's a PT with maf, maf gonna be so obvious...

~~~

Meh that's good enough for now, I'm like getting sick IRL, it's great, but yeah I had a partner read I don't remember who, it was fidget and someone... ahhh should've just written it down. whelp yeah.

HEAL: Radical Rat
HEAL: ejjinami

I think those 2 are good to heal though
Loki Dokie
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2022 5:00 am

Post by Loki Dokie »

In post 210, Roden wrote:HEAL: NotAHecticAlt

I town read Andante but I understand that she doesn't want to be nominated. So my second heal will just go to whichever of her town reads I agree with the most.

@Roden, if you feel good about Eiji, me and Gamma, why wouldn’t you heal one of them > NAHA?

What does you hard tr on Andante have anything to do with your reads, unless you tr NAHA more than Eiji, me or Gamma?
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2022 5:01 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 191, NotAHecticAlt wrote:RR trying to hedge a read without appearing to do so

forgive me for being blunt, accusing people for doubtful reasons at best won’t accomplish much at this point
You wrote that read without thinking much, possibly a response to a scum-read on you.
please, quit it.
it just makes you appear unpredictable. It would be good to have some way to determine whether you seriously think of scum-reading someone or it’s just a reaction-test

bleh
forced
Give me the result tho
The lie detector says:
Inconclusive
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2022 5:10 am

Post by Firebringer »

my last post doesn't make sense.
anyways to clarify i have no reads to share.
Show
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

Loki Dokie
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2022 5:11 am

Post by Loki Dokie »

In post 240, Firebringer wrote:

please, quit it.

bleh
forced
Give me the result tho
The lie detector says:
Inconclusive
In general waffling=town and hedging=scum so nothing to do with my read on you but it’s very different. Waffling is making a read, doubting, going back on it, reconfirming it, etc. Hedging is more like well X is doing stuff that I could see coming from town, otoh, they’re also doing this thing that scumpings me. See my point?
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2022 5:19 am

Post by Firebringer »

makes sense but ur going to have to point out why and how ur certain on someone isn't a waffler vs hedger
Show

NotAHecticAlt
NotAHecticAlt
Goon
NotAHecticAlt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2022 5:23 am

Post by NotAHecticAlt »

it depends on if they own a waffle maker or a pair of hedge trimmers
NotAHecticAlt
NotAHecticAlt
Goon
NotAHecticAlt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2022 5:28 am

Post by NotAHecticAlt »

oh fuck im at 56 posts

pooky you are evil

I'm going to take like a 24 hour break rn

my 2 heals are my biggest endorsements for leader atp, i may change andante at some point but I dont see a viable candidate. I myself dont care about things like personality for this and strictly only care about towniness. I heavily doubt pooky would give leaders the ability to completely screw over the game - in squid game they had impact but it wasn't *bad*, for example.

I'm not explaining ejj at this time - I realize I flipped my read there and I want to see how the gamestate adjusts to that shift.
Loki Dokie
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2022 5:32 am

Post by Loki Dokie »

In post 237, NotAHecticAlt wrote:HURT: Penguin
HEAL: ejj
That’s a 180 degree switch up? Especially on Penguin.
In post 243, Firebringer wrote:makes sense but ur going to have to point out why and how ur certain on someone isn't a waffler vs hedger
Waffling tends to occur in different posts with usually a logical timegap betweeh those changed reads. Hedging can either occur in the same post or subsequent posts that progressionwise don’t make much sense.

So for example, waffling: I have a strong town or sr on a player and then either new information or a new assessment makes me switch that read. The read changes but the logical progression behind it makes sense.

Hedging is more like you look like you’re making an actual read but failing to commit to it. It’s a way to make it easy to at some point out of nowhere flip your read on a player, since you’ve already laid the groundwork for having either kind of read on them. If you make a read where you outline points for where they can be either alignment, you don’t need to account for your read change.

It’s not black and white but it’s far easier to be outed as scum for illogical progression or fake waffling thznhedging because you’ve already laid the groundwork to be uncommitted to that read. So as long as there’s clear logical progression on a read, waffling is usually town indicative where as hedging makes it far easier for scum to hide.
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2022 5:33 am

Post by Andante »

so much waffle talk... this is not a mafia theory 101 class... like whaaat?? lol
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2022 5:35 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 247, Andante wrote:so much waffle talk... this is not a mafia theory 101 class... like whaaat?? lol
yes it is and your home work is due miss andante
Show

Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2022 5:37 am

Post by Andante »