Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1526 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2022 6:10 am

Post by Crescent »

Also I've been waiting for Elsa to actually react to Alex's vote and we got nonsense like 1509 and 1515 instead. Anyways, I have to leave for a while. I'm being pulled into a movie. Not a clue when I'll be back.

I feel like unless the scrutiny comes directly from me, she just doesnt really care about it. It's very deliberate parsing of responses.

Anyways before I go, money where my mouth is:

VOTE: Elsa

P.S.

Eira popping in just to revote Vivax does not give off good vibes, especially with almost everyone who isn't on him saying they townlean him.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1527 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2022 6:10 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 1525, Corwinoid wrote:Goddammit Crescent
Uh

What
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #1528 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2022 6:11 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 1520, Crescent wrote:NM is tomorrow's policy elim if he doesn't get shot tonight, I think. I don't think it should go the full 7 days, either. Just policy him out after like, two days, so the game doesn't stagnate waiting to kill him.
This hatred is not healthy

Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1529 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2022 6:12 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 1528, Not_Mafia wrote:
In post 1520, Crescent wrote:NM is tomorrow's policy elim if he doesn't get shot tonight, I think. I don't think it should go the full 7 days, either. Just policy him out after like, two days, so the game doesn't stagnate waiting to kill him.
This hatred is not healthy

Ok Boomer.
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion
Pronoun: He or She. Idc.

Post Post #1530 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2022 6:15 am

Post by Elsa Jay »

I thought you wanted to be casual Cres. Why is "casual" Cres not okay with me playing a game with other people in the game?
Corwinoid
Corwinoid
Goon
Corwinoid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1531 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2022 6:16 am

Post by Corwinoid »

In post 1527, Crescent wrote:
In post 1525, Corwinoid wrote:Goddammit Crescent
Uh

What
THINK BEFORE YOU POST, EVEN IF YOU'RE TOWN
gibus
gibus
Goon
gibus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1532 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2022 6:29 am

Post by gibus »

In post 1490, Alexcellent wrote:
In post 1362, gibus wrote:
In post 1358, Crescent wrote:How did this day suddenly turn to me being -3 and just as suddenly turn into two guys voting for each other and vying for my hand?

This entire progression feels unnatural.

Gibus why did you vote BBT? I think his inquiry was rational.
I've definitely answered all of his queries sufficiently, but he makes no attempt to reconsider. Town is never that confident on scumreads.
It seems like he's doing everything in his power to throw hade at my iso (try hard entry for example, which obviously isn't genuine town thought process)
I am conflicted by this post.
Town is never that confident on scumreads.
Unsure how you can have this mindset and also think Corwin and Vivax are both town. Those dudes have spent 98% of this game confident that each other are scum with the flimsiest arguments and you think they're TvT. (I agree btw, I also think they're probably TvT), but BBT is scum for being confident. The defensive vote with this as the reason is iffy.

The thing here conflicting me is that I feel BBT's push on Gibus is quite forced and I don't mind the rest of Gibus's reaction - but this stands out to me.
Confident even after I provided adequate answers that dismantle his reasoning- it's not the same.
outsmarts bullet
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #1533 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2022 6:33 am

Post by Vivax »

In post 1532, gibus wrote:
In post 1358, Crescent wrote:How did this day suddenly turn to me being -3 and just as suddenly turn into two guys voting for each other and vying for my hand?

I've definitely answered all of his queries sufficiently, but he makes no attempt to reconsider. Town is never that confident on scumreads.
It seems like he's doing everything in his power to throw hade at my iso (try hard entry for example, which obviously isn't genuine town thought process)
Unsure how you can have this mindset and also think Corwin and Vivax are both town. Those dudes have spent 98% of this game confident that each other are scum with the flimsiest arguments and you think they're TvT. (I agree btw, I also think they're probably TvT), but BBT is scum for being confident. The defensive vote with this as the reason is iffy.

The thing here conflicting me is that I feel BBT's push on Gibus is quite forced and I don't mind the rest of Gibus's reaction - but this stands out to me.
Confident even after I provided adequate answers that dismantle his reasoning- it's not the same.
Best you could explain imo is how you got to word town read as white knighting.
Because white knighting, also called simping has nothing to do with town reading.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #1534 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2022 6:37 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 1531, Corwinoid wrote:THINK BEFORE YOU POST
I refuse
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
gibus
gibus
Goon
gibus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1535 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2022 6:42 am

Post by gibus »

In post 1412, Elsa Jay wrote:With 2 days left, I expect the same final crunch we had day 1 to happen again. Maybe even the 8 wagons too. Tho with only 10 alive that becomes significantly harder to do.

I think we can at least agree who we are NOT eliminating today?

Nobody's really going for Alex, Eira, or me today, so I think we can take
those
3 out. Funnily enough the three of
them
are also the only ones not getting voted in the last VC either.

Corwin is more townread then Vivax who is more likely to get elimed between the two so he's safe too. Seems the Crescent stuff has also died now.

So that leaves us with Gibus, Toffee, NotMaf, Vivax, and Gera. Minus Toffee so far it matches what I think we should be between.

If your vote isn't on one of those you should probably get moving soon.
Strangr wording here. Why refer to herself in third person?
Sounds survivalistic while trying not to come off as such.
outsmarts bullet
gibus
gibus
Goon
gibus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1536 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2022 6:45 am

Post by gibus »

In post 1533, Vivax wrote:
In post 1532, gibus wrote:

Best you could explain imo is how you got to word town read as white knighting.
Because white knighting, also called simping has nothing to do with town reading.
Thought it did. That's what I got from the wiki at least.
outsmarts bullet
gibus
gibus
Goon
gibus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1537 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2022 6:47 am

Post by gibus »

https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?ti ... reviations
WKing: White Knighting. Aggressively defending another player, implied to be town.
outsmarts bullet
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #1538 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2022 6:53 am

Post by Vivax »

I see. We didn't use that back at my community.
So, what's with the gibus votes?

And that pseudo-scumslip by Crescent everyone seems hung on, isn't one. The expectation that vig can shoot again isn't scummy.
Corwinoid
Corwinoid
Goon
Corwinoid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1539 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2022 6:54 am

Post by Corwinoid »

In post 1538, Vivax wrote:The expectation that vig can shoot again isn't scummy.
That's not the slip I care about.
Alexcellent
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1540 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2022 7:39 am

Post by Alexcellent »

It's 4am and I can't sleep. Some thoughts:

Feeling more town on Gibus, tbh. feels sincere. Don't think scum just blatantly says "idk where my vote goes, maybs here?". I do agree with TBT that there isn't a lot of scumhunting in Gibus's ISO, but it looks as though he is trying to sort out town though to me. The worst thing he did D1, IMO, is vote on George.
and are good but maybe I just think they're good because I agree with the thought pattern there?
Generally don't mind his respond to BBT's push for the most part.

Ultimately also don't feel good about Vivax launch. Of the two -- Gibus and Vivax -- think Vivax gives more info? But still don't like it.
There's stuff I don't like. D1 vote on George, puts at L-1 and doesn't say he's at L-1. Then there's reachy stuff on D2, mainly the stuff around me "rolefishing" with a Sherlock Holmes clipart. General interaction with Corwin feels like a couple of tunnelling townies. Moved his vote around a lot (Corwin>NM>Geraintm>Crescent) which could be read as flailing. But reads more like a townie who thinks he's genuinely got a good read. I think scum!Vivax stays on Gera? Definitely a feel of self-preservation in Vivax's posts once people start voting him -- I'd normally see scumminess in that except for the fact that he's pretty open about that being the post . also looks pretty sincere.

I don't feel good about either wagon, and I don't think I'll vote either place today. But if there was a gun to my head I'd go Vivax over Gibus as I feel there's more info to be gained there. But also I'd prefer that neither of these are today's lunches.
Alexcellent
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1541 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2022 7:54 am

Post by Alexcellent »

Goldish felt scummy to me. Avoided any real hard stances, flew under the radar a lot. Had what I'd consider a "don't rock the boat" approach to the game. and both sort of rubbed me the wrong way but not enough for me to call her out on it because it could have been nothing? Calls out mine and Gibus's interaction as weird -- but not scummy. Felt like she wanted attention brought to it, but didn't want to be the one to openly call it scummy or take a stance there. Very timid approach to the game. reads come with a lot of qualifiers. "Take all these with a grain of salt". Town reads are loose. No real hard stances on anything. Says that Elsa or I could be scum but doesn't want to take a side.
Only real act of doing anything independently that pushed the game forward at all was , votes NM but tells him she doesn't think he's scum at the same time. Very weak vote.
Only person at end of D1 to not have a vote anywhere.
Her few D2 posts are bad. Her only firm reads happened to be on people that are now dead -- which is absolutely possible -- but also very convenient. Doesn't defend herself in any of her posts, just kind of admits to bad play and then disappears. I've seen this approach come from newbie scum -- maybs someone who has played very little scum before. Trying to appease people, like I said, flying under the radar. There's like, no firm reads or stances she takes anywhere and only vote once and that was on the no-content troll poster which didn't even have any weight to it. I have seen town play a bit like this before, but it's normally newbie town in their first game, and this isn't Goldfish's first game.
BBT replaces in. Threw a lot of votes around, which made me uncomfortable. (I am well aware that I've been loose with my votes very recently too). I will put some doubt here because his posts do feel a bit like a stream of consciousness where he is catching up and still getting up to date with the game and such. Dislike his push on Gibus though. and the posts around it ping me as scummy. Gibus has had some anti-town posts and I'd agree at an apparent lack of scumhunting -- but it feels like he's called Gibus scum and now he's trying to find scum motivation in everything Gibus has done all game. A lot of the argument feels soft. It's the sort of attack I see from scum trying to fabricate a case or it's tunnel town, and if it's the latter that's a very short amount of time to begin tunnelling someone. At the same time, idk, maybe he's seeing something I'm not but I just don't like that push which is in turn making me not like the Gibus wagon.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1542 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2022 7:59 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

In post 1532, gibus wrote: Confident even after I provided adequate answers that dismantle his reasoning- it's not the same.

Except, you didn't?

You couldn't explain how GB felt 'rushed and panicky' and you couldn't explain why you didn't question a town read from Crescent in bad faith (unless you can somehow prove she thought your initial vote was a serious vote?)
In post 1537, gibus wrote:https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?ti ... reviations
WKing: White Knighting. Aggressively defending another player, implied to be town.
A player implied to be town... who you never town read. You can't whiteknight scum.

Again though, a very minor point in the grand scheme of things.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1543 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2022 8:01 am

Alex you have contradicted yourself with two reads?

Fish was scummy because 'qualified reads'. Is that not exactly what Gibus did in 425 that you like so much where he says 'Feels rushed and panicky, just a feel though'

I'm trying to find scum in everything Gibus does? I have referenced 7 posts out of the 30 he had when I made the case. What are you talking about?
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Alexcellent
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1544 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2022 8:08 am

Post by Alexcellent »

Plus side to Elsa and Cres is that I don't think they can be scum together. But I have a conundrum there since they both present compelling arguments against each other which I kind of agree with. Would not hate a launch here.
Would not shock me if Elsa flipped red. Talk of policy elim only 3 pages in, very defensive reaction to my D1 push on her and overall has appeared on and off throughout the game as though she's wanting others to push the game forward rather than her do much herself. Maybe it's a playstyle thing? I don't think it's a pro-town thing though. For what it's worth, Mafia Traitor Owen refers to and talks of Elsa a lot in his short ISO and appears to townread her? I know we tread into WIFOM territory looking at his ISO, but it's worth pointing out I think.
On the other hand, I can absolutely see a scenario where scum!Cres has been lumped with an unknown traitor and a low activity partner. Lots of frustration over the lack of activity - maaaybe that's originating from her scum partner not being active and that's a cause for her anger. Her taking a break once votes got stacked against her is interesting timing. At times some of her posts have also bordered on feeling a bit appeal to emotion (like more or less implying how doomed the town is if she gives up or dies or whatever). I've noticed when people come after her she tends to aggressively attack and discredit more so than just defend herself. I asked before if her case against Elsa was the first time she had suggested it, because I found the timing of her coming out with that right after Elsa declared suspicion on her to be pretty convenient. But apparently Cres has said it before, I'll probably have to do a re-read and ISO there.
There's questionable stuff that Cres has posted but ultimately I think her frustration with town seems genuine and she does appear to be someone trying to solve the game.

Sorry for the blocks of text, wanted to get my thoughts out into the ether.

I'm still happy with BBT/Elsa launch today. NM as a policy. If you guys need to launch Gibus or Vivax I'd prefer it's Vivax, for the info, and also I dislike who is on Gibus's wagon.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1545 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2022 8:14 am

Alex's resistance to the Gibus wagon should be noted if he flips red.

No way he should be this against an elim on a player he barely has a read on.
Alexcellent
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1546 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2022 8:21 am

Post by Alexcellent »

In post 1543, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Alex you have contradicted yourself with two reads?

Fish was scummy because 'qualified reads'. Is that not exactly what Gibus did in 425 that you like so much where he says 'Feels rushed and panicky, just a feel though'\
Gibus has had the nerve to actually call some people town in this game. Fish (your predecessor)'s only firm reads conveniently ended up being dead people after they'd already flipped :lol:
I'm trying to find scum in everything Gibus does? I have referenced 7 posts out of the 30 he had when I made the case. What are you talking about?
It reads to me like you're spinning null/random early game stuff that's anti-town at best as being a lock for him as scum. He could well be scum but I don't think your push on him is good. This wagon feels off.

P-edit: that's cool with me dude
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1547 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2022 8:23 am

If that's how it feels, you didn't read my reasons very well.
Alexcellent
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1548 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2022 8:39 am

Post by Alexcellent »

Actually my brain is working again and you might be right about something.

Gibus’s town reads are easy to fabricate if he’s scum given the info he has.
Goldfish could have just been lost town.
Think I still prefer Vivax in this moment. But maybe Gibus does give more info than I thought.
Alexcellent
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1549 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2022 8:43 am

Post by Alexcellent »

I’m gonna sleep on this for a bit
Man this game makes me feel dumb

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”