Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #3000 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2022 5:52 pm

Post by Isis »

the reaction test might be townier than the bussing considering how late in the day it was, as skitter points out
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #3001 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2022 5:53 pm

Post by Isis »

skitter is now voting the slot she is most associatively tied to so that's intersting
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #3002 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2022 5:54 pm

Post by Coral »

Isis, is my point accurate here or am I off base?
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3003 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2022 5:54 pm

Post by Faker »

In post 2996, Coral wrote:
In post 2994, Faker wrote:Not worth dialoguing about, waiting for skitter to read or other players to check in.
Explaining your thought process further so that I may understand if it is legit seems worthwhile to me
There is virtually nothing else to explain.
In post 2991, Coral wrote:The only world where you would think that specific reaction test (at the start of day, after you didn't escape) would pay dividends is a world where Pav is town, and a different scum escapes.

I don't believe that you genuinely figured out that Pav was mechanically near confscum at eod, and thus chose to hammer after having that realization, while also believing that you were doing a reaction test that would only come into play if Pav was town.
If we want to be pedantic "Mechanically near confscum" is too strong of a statement, "Matching scum Trust Fall meta and likely frozen" is more accurate.

If it is particularly important, I also did know exactly what was saying well in advance, I was referring to a smattering of speculation as wagonomics but the discussion about the implication of this mechanic was one of them. Blitzing with no pressing need is situationally dependent.

The test was thought of and decided on the moment I saw the post, with virtually zero thinking required because it is neither rocket science nor particularly elaborate.
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3004 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2022 5:55 pm

Post by Faker »

Something you seem to believe is that the fact no one had in fact blitzed Pavowski was a factor in my hammer. It was not even remotely a factor in my actual hammer.
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3005 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2022 5:56 pm

Post by Coral »

In post 2982, Faker wrote:rather than someone who was watching their scumread vote escape while everyone else voted wrong.
I don't know why you would think this would be what I thought was happening. Pav was almost certainly scum after being left at E-1 for that long.
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3006 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2022 5:57 pm

Post by Coral »

In post 3004, Faker wrote:Something you seem to believe is that the fact no one had in fact blitzed Pavowski was a factor in my hammer. It was not even remotely a factor in my actual hammer.
That does explain your thought process further then, thank you! Now the question is whether I believe this, because that was not at all the impression I had when seeing it happen live
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3007 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2022 5:57 pm

Post by Faker »

Coral wrote:
In post 2982, Faker wrote:rather than someone who was watching their scumread vote escape while everyone else voted wrong.
I don't know why you would think this would be what I thought was happening. Pav was almost certainly scum after being left at E-1 for that long.
Probably because I openly claimed scum and blitzed Pavowski the second you explained a blitz mechanic to me.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #3008 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2022 6:03 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 2998, Faker wrote:
In post 2995, skitter30 wrote:You seem to be arguing that these two posts are evidence of you being disaligned with pav

I'm saying this is ridiculous because at that point pav was looking p likely and scum-you is incentivized to bus, so why shouod this be clearing
It is not explicitly clearing if that is your concern. It is merely a reason that can be waived away if you really want.

I don't think there ground to be had here so I will suggest a different approach.

viewtopic.php?t=89546&f=51&st=0&sk=t&sd ... er_sort=Go
Soooo what was the point of , as i asked originally ?

I was ~nulltown on gamma but i think u've been scummy thus far
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3009 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2022 6:05 pm

Post by Coral »

I think that if you are scum then you were already aware of the blitz mechanic, and more likely than not were aware if you're town as well, but there's less requirement of having thought through those specific setup quirks as town (I hadn't fully realized it until Ari brought it up, and I've been here longer). So the world where you were scum and genuinely were blitzing Pav because you only just realized it was possible seemed highly unlikely to me.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #3010 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2022 6:05 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 3004, Faker wrote:Something you seem to believe is that the fact no one had in fact blitzed Pavowski was a factor in my hammer. It was not even remotely a factor in my actual hammer.
Why did u hammer then
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3011 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2022 6:05 pm

Post by Faker »

skitter30 wrote:Soooo what was the point of , as i asked originally ?
In post 2998, Faker wrote:It is merely a
reason
legitimate progression that can be waived away if you really want.
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3012 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2022 6:07 pm

Post by Faker »

In post 3010, skitter30 wrote:
Why did u hammer then
...Are you sure that you read 2956?

He failed and after I threatened a hammer to drag content out of him he made an anti-spew stall post.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #3013 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2022 6:09 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 3011, Faker wrote:
skitter30 wrote:Soooo what was the point of , as i asked originally ?
In post 2998, Faker wrote:It is merely a
reason
legitimate progression that can be waived away if you really want.
Ok
I fail to see why i should townread u for that progression
Show
Hiatus once more.

Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3014 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2022 6:10 pm

Post by Faker »

I also was just sick and tired of reading the wagonomics, so that was also a factor in the exact timing. Coral giving me the troll opportunity was accidentally giving me the loaded gun.
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3015 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2022 6:11 pm

Post by Faker »

In post 3013, skitter30 wrote:I fail to see why i should townread u for that progression
Well, in that case:
In post 2998, Faker wrote:It is not explicitly clearing if that is your concern. It is merely a reason that can be waived away if you really want.

I don't think there ground to be had here so I will suggest a different approach.

viewtopic.php?t=89546&f=51&st=0&sk=t&sd ... er_sort=Go
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3016 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2022 6:12 pm

Post by Coral »

In post 3014, Faker wrote:I also was just sick and tired of reading the wagonomics, so that was also a factor in the exact timing. Coral giving me the troll opportunity was accidentally giving me the loaded gun.
How confident would you say you were in Pav being scum?
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #3017 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2022 6:13 pm

Post by skitter30 »

Sorry, i'm exhausted >.>
You did indeed answer that already

Not sure i want to depend on gamma tbh, i cant read him either

If ari tells me you're town i'll drop it but otherwise i'm satisfied voting u rn
Show
Hiatus once more.

Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3018 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2022 6:13 pm

Post by Faker »

Coral wrote:
In post 3014, Faker wrote:I also was just sick and tired of reading the wagonomics, so that was also a factor in the exact timing. Coral giving me the troll opportunity was accidentally giving me the loaded gun.
How confident would you say you were in Pav being scum?
I wasn't, and I don't like numbers.
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3019 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2022 6:25 pm

Post by Faker »

In post 3008, skitter30 wrote:I was ~nulltown on gamma but i think u've been scummy thus far
As far as I can tell you have given absolutely zero reason to find my play scummy, and have repeatedly stated a lack of confidence in ability to read me.

It is very unclear why you think my slot is scum given the Gamma-nulltown read.

I can speculate several, but I don't like to speculate, and I should perhaps repeat something: This is not Lake Melancholia where I believed the game was lost on Page 1. I do not play parlor tricking trash as scum in a game where I can 80%+ easily strongarm out a win playing standard.
Coral
Coral
She/her
Goon
Coral
She/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3020 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2022 6:26 pm

Post by Coral »

In post 3006, Coral wrote:
That does explain your thought process further then, thank you! Now the question is whether I believe this, because that was not at all the impression I had when seeing it happen live
hmmm :igmeou: :igmeou: :igmeou:

okay, update, I think I believe it. Or at least I believe that it's believable. Or at least, I believe that it's believable that she did already understand the blitz mechanic and/or it wasn't a deciding factor in her vote. That isn't very clearing, because she would as scum, and I still think that everyone else becoming aware of the blitz mechanic could have been a deciding factor in her vote, but I can see a path for her to be town here and just... setting up a reaction test for the case where she was wrong? Still think something doesn't quite add up there but for now I'll

UNVOTE:

I may still end up back here but I'm at least convinced that I should reread things more thoroughly.
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3021 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2022 6:30 pm

Post by Faker »

In post 3019, Faker wrote:I do not play parlor tricking trash as scum in a game where I can 80%+ easily strongarm out a win playing standard.
And jesus christ if I am doing so I am not linking Gamma Emerald's ISO ever, I am finding the biggest rug I can to throw over that black hole and hoping people forget that it ever existed
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #3022 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2022 6:50 pm

Post by Isis »

In post 3002, Coral wrote:Isis, is my point accurate here or am I off base?
hmmmm
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #3023 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2022 6:53 pm

Post by Isis »

80% strongarm a win with pav as a partner seems weird take
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #3024 (ISO) » Sun Jun 19, 2022 6:57 pm

Post by Isis »

what if i just made an excell spreadsheet of every aggro from the whole game and with 5 clears of data you can like probably get a top pick of people who aggroed town the most
"Well, I..."

Return to “Completed Open Games”