Micro 1056: Moderators of the Discord Server [game over]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2022 3:54 am

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 384, Lukewarm wrote:@Penguin, let me know when you have gotten your fill on talking about other minigames, and I will vote you
Pooky and I are pretty aligned on our thoughts, so I don't really have much to add.
<(") | (")>
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2022 3:55 am

Post by PenguinPower »

I mean - I guess I could effort on SGB, but we only need 2/3 to win so i don't wanna.
<(") | (")>
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2022 5:16 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 450, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 384, Lukewarm wrote:@Penguin, let me know when you have gotten your fill on talking about other minigames, and I will vote you
Pooky and I are pretty aligned on our thoughts, so I don't really have much to add.
In post 451, PenguinPower wrote:I mean - I guess I could effort on SGB, but we only need 2/3 to win so i don't wanna.
Do you have any thoughts on Faker and what I said about her last night
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2022 5:32 am

Post by PenguinPower »

Could you be more specific about what you said about her last night? From a quick read through, what you said seems to be dependent on me being scum.
<(") | (")>
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2022 6:36 am

Post by Lukewarm »

My thoughts were that if you were scum, she was lock town. But if you are town, I could see the scum motivation behind her actions.

So, I kinda expected you to have thoughts on the "if you are town" portion of the equation.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2022 6:40 am

Post by PenguinPower »

That's interesting thing to point out, because I was starting to kinda see her more as a partner with you based on her wanting you to be speedvoted as an option 2 (this is using my assumption that you are scum).

Guess that just means we should trust in pooky and I feel bad for having stray thoughts.
<(") | (")>
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2022 6:41 am

Post by Faker »

What thoughts are aligned? This is not at all obvious skimming your ISO.

Suppose you do not get voted today and were placed with the decision instead. What has Pooky said that is even remotely persuasive?
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2022 6:42 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 419, Lukewarm wrote:If pooky flips scum, then I could see this coming from either alignment tbh. Scum her would need to keep me from spiraling out and to give pooky an out into reconsidering our minigame, to keep it from quickly resolving.
In post 436, Lukewarm wrote:If she is scum with pooky. Their combined win condition for this minigame would be penguin voting pooky, so they need me to slow down, and they need pooky to have a reason to hold off voting, but they need penguin to not be 100% convinced that it is pooky not me.
And her posting is kinda that? she is posting directly in a way to diffuse me by saying I should be the one voted, while simultaneously giving pooky an out to reconsider by going out of her way to quote the scum chat from the last game - but also calling it inconclusive (not over selling it to peng), and that we should wait it out (let peng get here)
Are you worried about this?

Did you spot that everything that I said about Faker+Pooky would equally be applicable to Faker+Luke?

Spoiler:
In post 419, Lukewarm wrote:If
pooky
Luke flips scum, then I could see this coming from either alignment tbh. Scum her would need to keep
me from spiraling out
Pookey from voting Penguin and to give
pooky an out into reconsidering
Luke an out from voting penguin in our minigame, to keep it from quickly resolving.
In post 436, Lukewarm wrote:If she is scum with
pooky
Luke. Their combined win condition for this minigame would be penguin voting
pooky
Luke, so they need
me
pooky to slow down, and they need
pooky
Luke to have a reason to hold off voting, but they need penguin to not be 100% convinced that it is pooky not me.
And her posting is kinda that? she is posting directly in a way to diffuse me by saying I should be the one voted, while simultaneously giving pooky an out to reconsider by going out of her way to quote the scum chat from the last game - but also calling it inconclusive (not over selling it to peng), and that we should wait it out (let peng get here)

She is saying things that should make Luke not want to vote at all (advocating Luke be voted) while simultaneously trying to get Pooky to reconsider Luke.
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2022 6:43 am

Post by Faker »

I am actually howling laughing at the idea that anyone could read Pooky's last set of posts and align with them, and again I do not care if Lukewarm is in fact scum. Those Pooky posts were absolutely awful.
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2022 6:44 am

Post by Faker »

Alright well if people are determined to lose this minigame I will wash my hands of it, am trying to take more of a break today.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2022 6:45 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 455, PenguinPower wrote:That's interesting thing to point out, because I was starting to kinda see her more as a partner with you based on her wanting you to be speedvoted as an option 2 (this is using my assumption that you are scum).

Guess that just means we should trust in pooky and I feel bad for having stray thoughts.
This is basically why I was surprised to see you settle it as "I am aligned with Pooky, lets end the minigame"

Pooky's only expressed thoughts on the Faker mini game was that Marci is scummy, so Faker town.

But I kinda expected you to have been at least somewhat suspicious of Faker stepping in to try and stop you from being voted, and considering she could be partnered with one of us.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2022 6:49 am

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 456, Faker wrote:
What thoughts are aligned? This is not at all obvious skimming your ISO.

Suppose you do not get voted today and were placed with the decision instead. What has Pooky said that is even remotely persuasive?
me + pooky = town
marci = scum

I can't express my pooky read. We gut read each other, though he is much better at reading me than the other way around.
<(") | (")>
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2022 6:50 am

Post by PenguinPower »

and again - no thoughts on SGB atm
<(") | (")>
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2022 6:53 am

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 460, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 455, PenguinPower wrote:That's interesting thing to point out, because I was starting to kinda see her more as a partner with you based on her wanting you to be speedvoted as an option 2 (this is using my assumption that you are scum).

This is basically why I was surprised to see you settle it as "I am aligned with Pooky, lets end the minigame"

Pooky's only expressed thoughts on the Faker mini game was that Marci is scummy, so Faker town.

But I kinda expected you to have been at least somewhat suspicious of Faker stepping in to try and stop you from being voted, and considering she could be partnered with one of us.
Well - it's more of, I know that I'm town and you both expressed a desire to vote for me so let's get a W.

I'm returning to mafia after a 9 month break, so I'd rather the players involved in SGB and MD make those decision as I'm not sure the value that I'm going to be able to add to that discussion.
<(") | (")>
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2022 6:55 am

Post by Faker »

Alright well I'm going to tab out and hope we magically win this minigame despite Pooky being logically wrong on literally everything.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2022 6:56 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

In post 370, Faker wrote:Also, contextually, while it's not really pressing or might be of interest, this is where I'm coming from with spitballing that this might be a scum/scum swap to avoid Dragons going in a game with me:
In post 1624, Save The Dragons wrote:im about halfway through but after that shitty post by you i'm almost content letting you lose if your town
In post 1625, Save The Dragons wrote:stop whining that i'm not playing how you want me to play and accept that we're different here
In post 1630, Save The Dragons wrote:congrats prism i guess you win either way unless you do something stupid like vote me

maybe chill next time
There were no props or discussion postgame. It was not even remotely a fun 3 way for him. He claims to want a rematch, and maybe he genuinely does. I doubt he holds my play in high regard, and I'm sure he'd love to see me lose, but it's hard to believe he'd legitimately want to go through the
process
again. Sometimes you're satisfied with your own opinion and judgments of yourself and another, and there's no need to pay the steep price of testing them.
I was pretty tilted and regret how tilted I got but I've moved on and don't really care about facing you or not tbh. I wouldn't mind trying again but I don't know if I'd avoid it as scum or seek it out as town
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:16 am

Does faker protect Luke to this extent if they're scum together?
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:31 am

Post by Faker »

Do you think Luke is scum to begin with?

Pooky's point is SINGULARLY that Luke does not lock Sillyposting as town and instead YOLO goes to SGB to yeet a page 1 scumread.

I pulled out the receipts showing not only that Luke wanted Sillyposting before marcistar even posted, but posts another game showing Luke has
always
wanted to quickly lock Sillyposting as town.

While secondary, his reactionary read on me was also extremely clean.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:40 am

Post by Lukewarm »

The Swap Options

Option 1) Forced swap, all town in MDMAFIA DISCUSSION
not voting [3]:
RH9, Faker, Meuh

STOP GETTING BANNED
not voting [3]:
Marci
Dwlee99, Save the Dragons

This feels like it make sense. Leaving Marci in SGB feels bad if they could avoid it, and I could see scum!dwlee or scum!STD not wanting to bet the game on being able to 1v1 Faker. (If they thought leaving Marci in SGB was a loss, then losing the Faker 1v1 would be game)

Option 2)Forced Swap, all town in SGBMAFIA DISCUSSION
not voting [3]:
RH9, Faker
Meuh

STOP GETTING BANNED
not voting [3]:
Marci, Dwlee99, Save the Dragons

This feels like it doesnt make sense. Like, scum!RH9+Faker just leaves Marci in SGB with Dwlee, and swaps one of them with StD or even swaps with Dwlee for a bit of WIFOM. Swapping RH9 with Marci feels like the single worst choice for RH9 to try to win SGB. Which makes me want to discard this possibility.

Scum/Scum SwapMAFIA DISCUSSION
not voting [3]:
RH9
, Faker, Meuh[/color]

STOP GETTING BANNED
not voting [3]:
Marci
, Dwlee99, Save the Dragons

This also feels like it makes sense scum!Marci would rather not be in SGB with a town!Dwlee.
Option 4) Town/Town SwapMAFIA DISCUSSION
not voting [3]:
RH9
Faker
Meuh

STOP GETTING BANNED
not voting [3]:
Marci
Dwlee99, Save the Dragons

This feels like an underwhelming choice? Like it does not feel like it does a lot to make me think : Ah ha, the scum would want this, but there is also nothing to make me say that they would not want it either.

I kinda want to think about options 3 and 4 in comparison to making a swap into silly posting.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:41 am

I'm not sure. My gut says it's pooky but my gut needs to be recalibrated. I'm just curious if scum you defends scum Luke to this extent or if you let Luke go
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:43 am

Post by Faker »

In post 468, Lukewarm wrote:Ah ha, the scum would want this, but there is also nothing to make me say that they would not want it either.
I've seen a lot of RH9 and feel like I know how to speak his language. He's a hyper-rational lad who can be unpredictable at times, but there's a decent chance I get in his ear, stick to pure rationality and encourage him to ignore any gut/tone, and wind up singlehandedly winning off of that. A decent chance of winning the full game off of a single pocket is something you take when presented to you.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:47 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 466, Save The Dragons wrote:Does faker protect Luke to this extent if they're scum together?
My opinion on this question is probably worth zero, but it reminded me that I wanted to respond to faker's earlier post about not doing this if partnered with Pooky.

This one:
In post 437, Faker wrote:Even with SGB slanted in scum's favor it is never worth it for me as a player to trade 1 for 1, Luke flipping town should essentially clear me despite his statement.
I don't think that my flip will clear Faker.

Their approach of stating that I should be voted is never a risk while partnered with Pooky. Obviously, nothing she says about me is gonna run the risk of scum!pooky voting me, but also with me and pooky both having stated preference to vote penguin, there is little risk that penguin shows up and votes me either. Regardless of his alignment, in that game state, his best play is to wait for one of us to vote him.

But it can delay the game resolving. Which she would need to do.

But also, delaying the game by stating that I should be voted, does not directly tie her to pooky.

----

This feels like a weird argument to make, because GTH, faker is town and marci is scum, but I don't like the idea of her getting a hard clear for a zero risk play for her to make as scum.
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:48 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 443, Meuh wrote:
In post 380, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 378, Meuh wrote:Pooky if Marci and Lukewarm are scum together, why does that swap happen? To me it doesn't really feel like it'd work towards their agenda.

I mean they're screwed either way so they might as well go for maximum wifom
This feels absolutely terrible
Assuming scum are just doing whatever because they already lost the game on
day 1
is a massive stretch.
imo swapping Lukewarm into MD or even swapping Lukewarm with Marci makes more sense as something for that pair to do. Trying to get Luke and the third hacker to win their games sounds best and I don't see the swap really does that at all.
Okay maybe I'm too caught up on this but I'm still not over this post from Pooky, it seems so disinterested in actually thinking about the game.
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:50 am

Post by Faker »

I think there are other considerations, such as scum-Pooky having a plan of his own (Pooky is the one who set the terms of this entire game to begin with for the most part) and it is not likely he immediately needed my intervention to bail him out.

I think that the argument is surface-level riskfree might be valid, so sure, I will drop it.
Faker
Faker
Mafia Scum
Faker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:52 am

Post by Faker »

It's also worth noting that it is fundamentally a good thing for MD as a whole, ie. to the town wincon for me or against the scum wincon for me, to delay Sillyposting because of your input on marcistar.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”