Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion
Pronoun: He or She. Idc.

Post Post #2075 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:17 pm

Post by Elsa Jay »

In post 2074, Crescent wrote:Oh durr I forgot Gera exists. Vivax/Gera is also a possible team. Vivax even said when he voted Gera earlier today that the vote wasn't serious and he still wanted to kill me and Corwin for reasons he has never quantified.

NM could be scum with most people. I feel like it's very limited who could be scum with Vivax.
Why is it when anyone mentions Gera they also have to mention they forgot he exists?
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #2076 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:21 pm

Post by Crescent »

In post 2056, geraintm wrote:
In post 2043, Not_Mafia wrote:
F
I
G
H
T
T
H
E
R
E
A
L
E
N
E
M
Y
!

VOTE: Vivax
If this all you are going to do, and if somehow you manage to persuade enough people to vote vivax today, I am still going to vote for you tomorrow
On that note, this is Gera's last post, and it is
hellishly bad
. What Vivax actually flips is not taken into account in any way. This post gives me a sense that Gera already knows Vivax's alignment.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2077 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:22 pm

Post by Crescent »

In post 2075, Elsa Jay wrote:
In post 2074, Crescent wrote:Oh durr I forgot Gera exists. Vivax/Gera is also a possible team. Vivax even said when he voted Gera earlier today that the vote wasn't serious and he still wanted to kill me and Corwin for reasons he has never quantified.

NM could be scum with most people. I feel like it's very limited who could be scum with Vivax.
Why is it when anyone mentions Gera they also have to mention they forgot he exists?
He should try to be more memorable!
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion

Post Post #2078 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:26 pm

Post by Elsa Jay »

To be fair in this game when you are neither serious enough nor trolly enough you fade into the background.

Also I rechecked and I'm still the third most poster. And the one who's the balance between troll and serious. Fun times.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2079 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:38 pm

Post by Crescent »

Ok let's go over the relevant post again. He basically scoffs at NM voting Vivax, when NM voting Vivax again was... Honestly obvious. Then he basically acts like Vivax getting voted off would be something "NM would somehow have to persuade people to do" rather than something that would happen as a result of Vivax's play. Then he says he'll vote NM tomorrow no matter what. Today was the day for that, if anything. Apparently, it's not happening.

Vivax flips green: Of course NM is the vote.

Vivax flips red: Why is NM still the absolute vote, after spending so long voting Vivax?

Am I the only one who gets the impression Gera is speaking with the knowledge of Vivax's alignment here?
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2080 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:41 pm

Post by Crescent »

And there's a scum motive behind both alignments Vivax could flip. If Vivax/Gera are scum, they have to know a Vivax red flip looks good on a LOT of people, but not Gera. Trying to act like NM is still the obvious vote on a red flip could easily just be a scum desperation play because of how bad a Vivax red flip would hurt them.
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #2081 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:41 pm

Post by Vivax »

Your egos can't handle my existence.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2082 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:45 pm

Post by Crescent »

I've decided I don't want to hammer as the only person who has really addressed that Gera post. I personally think it's a really bad look - especially on a red flip. This isn't the kind of thing I can in good conscience shut down the discussion of before it's even happened.

...Unfortunately.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2083 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:46 pm

Post by Crescent »

Funny how Vivax tried to bait a hammer as I was writing that.
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2084 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:14 pm

Post by Vivax »

I'm bigger, bluer, faster, better than not_mafia
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion

Post Post #2085 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:15 pm

Post by Elsa Jay »

I still don't know what brought this personality shift from you. It's weird.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2086 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:20 pm

Post by Crescent »

In post 2085, Elsa Jay wrote:I still don't know what brought this personality shift from you. It's weird.
Vivax can't explain his way out of his own behavior and has taken to shitposting. I actually think he's trying to get someone to hammer him right now.

It would be nice if you'd actually comment on the only actual content on this page though.
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2087 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:25 pm

Post by Vivax »

In post 2085, Elsa Jay wrote:I still don't know what brought this personality shift from you. It's weird.
What personality would you like.
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion

Post Post #2088 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:46 pm

Post by Elsa Jay »

Eh. I can't answer for Gera. It's suspicious for me too but (and stop me if you heard this before) we got bigger problems RN. If he suddenly hammers like Owen did yeah do something about it. But at this point, unless Vivax flips town AND we can find enough evidence putting Gera and Gibus together, I don't think Gera is really worth anything atm. To me anyway.
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2089 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:52 pm

Post by Umlaut »

Vote Count 3.2

Vivax (4):
gibus, Elsa Jay, Not_Mafia, Eiralox
Not_Mafia (1):
geraintm
Crescent (1):
Corwinoid

Not voting (2):
Crescent, Vivax

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to launch.

Deadline:
(expired on 2022-06-30 12:40:00)

Notes:
  • Yes I know that strictly speaking math diagrams are not the same as science diagrams, thank you very much
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2090 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:09 pm

Post by Crescent »

The fact that it completely disregards how Vivax's alignment would reflect on player who has tunneled him since early day 2 is
glaring
to me, especially with him acting like NM is so "responsible" for the vote. It's like what Vivax might flip isn't even being taken into consideration.

And I actually think a scum flip looks significantly worse than a town flip. Even with the ridiculous mass of mistakes we've made, the scum is, somehow, almost cornered on a Vivax scum flip.

Gibus would be scum claiming doctor bussing him on the first post and going inactive because ???

Corwin tunneling him all game

NM tunneling him half the game

Vivax tunneling me half the game

If you and Eiralox are town, scum has to have little confidence they can vote either of you off. Who does that leave? It leaves practically no one. What does scum need to do? Break at least one of the people who looks better from Vivax's flip. Who's the easiest person to do that with? NM.

"If this all you are going to do, and if somehow you manage to persuade enough people to vote vivax today, I am still going to vote for you tomorrow"

If Vivax flips scum, this reads to me as "If you somehow get my scumbuddy voted off today despite doing nothing, I am still going to try to get town to vote you off tomorrow."

If Vivax flips scum and I die tomorrow, let my words join Clidd's and BBT's: Take Gera out.
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2091 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:28 pm

Post by Vivax »

I'm flattered that no matter where I play off TL, people go to such lengths to test me.
It's the best reward a town player can have.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2092 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:34 pm

Post by Crescent »

And lord I've played a bad game. A lot of us have played a bad game. A Vivax scumflip is pretty much the prayer we need right now.

He is actively trying to be annoying enough to get himself hammered, which is so crazy anti-town that it at least gives me hope. The only thing that holds me back on the Vivax/Gera combo is there does seem to be an awful lot of power in this game.

Let's analyze some behavior. Vivax has voted Gera twice: The first time was on day 2 where he immediately countervote him. Gera's reason for voting him were almost nonexistent. Just 12 posts later, he got off Gera to vote me for a nonsense reason and never moved again. The second time was today where he said the vote was not serious.

Gera spends quite a long time voting Vivax on day 2, but gives poor reasoning overall before shifting to Gibus for reasoning I gave him a 1.7/6 for. He has made zero indication of what he thinks of Vivax's alignment today.

And I just now noticed that, while he's done very little today, he shaded me and Corwin together.. In the same post he voted for NM. What happened to Vivax? Why is NM getting no credit for voting Vivax today that Gera was giving him yesterday?

The only thing in these interactions that give me any pause at all is how long he spent on Vivax day 2.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2093 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:50 pm

Post by Crescent »

Defending NM at all is making me feel so dirty I feel like I need to take a shower to get the filth off, even if it's just a theoretical scenario.

But really, a Vivax town flip effectively ends the game, so I don't even see the point to scenario building off of it.

...I actually napped earlier, which isn't helping me for sleeping now.

For Vivax to be town means he would have very clearly violated the golden rule of "playing to win." today. If that's what finally sinks town then so be it. I shake my head and I move on. I feared back on day 1 we wouldn't be able to keep enough actually committed players alive to survive the lategame.
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2094 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:24 pm

Post by Vivax »

Yes I know that strictly speaking math diagrams are not the same as science diagrams, thank you very much
I think you should play and I should host.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #2095 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:25 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

I think you should be eliminated
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2096 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:27 pm

Post by Vivax »

In post 2095, Not_Mafia wrote:I think you should be eliminated
Surely not a coincidence for you to say this with the same avatar.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #2097 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:42 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

Snooker loopy nuts are we
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2098 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:51 pm

Post by Vivax »

In post 2097, Not_Mafia wrote:Snooker loopy nuts are we
Careful, it could be contagious.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2099 (ISO) » Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:59 pm

Post by geraintm »

1st, Crescent I think says I was voting for vivax for a long time yesterday for bad reasons. There was that whole period where I thought someone had claimed to have night info on them, I thought they were looking a lot more red than they were

And why wouldn't I want to vote not mafia tomorrow. I think he is the vote today, and the reasons I want to vote him will apply even more so .
And not mafia is clearly only voting vivax today to save their own skin. They just stink and they won't smell any better given another day.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”