Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #2176 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2022 11:57 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 2173, Elsa Jay wrote:And I'm selfish and don't really wanna die and keeping Gibus alive forces scum to keep my alive a day longer to keep the fake claim up. That I didn't mention as much.

Edit: hence getting rid of NotMaf now and trying to actually know who's the final partner with Gibus is best. Let's pray Gibus voted Vivax to launch as an indication of Vivax being town similar to Corwin being town because of Owen.

So yeah NotMaf first and day 4 we'll get Gibus.
One part of my tinfoil last night was I find it really hard to see the Gibus vote and run on Vivax as scum/scum. If Gibus was a claimed VT I could see it. But a claimed doctor doing that? It just doesn't make any sense.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2177 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:33 pm

Post by Crescent »

I'm not sure what now looks worse between the three contentless votes he's placed today.

Maybe it's just a tie.. They all lose.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2178 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:38 pm

Post by geraintm »

In post 2166, Crescent wrote:Also

If NM is scum do we just murder the hell out of Gibus for that joke of a return?

Vivax/Gera and NM/Gibus both make sense for teams, though I'd argue NM/Gibus makes more sense due to game balance. I can't see that post of Gera's I scrutinized coming from an NM/Gera team.

But yeah I'm like the last person in the universe to hope for an undisciplined hammer from.

But yeah it's very interesting how I and Corwin don't hammer and NM suddenly gets louder.
I can see how you think me and vivax are paired, I've been pretty much hit on not voting them for a while. But that is mostly because of not mafia
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2179 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:39 pm

Post by geraintm »

Is this end game not mafia?
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2180 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:40 pm

Post by geraintm »

In post 2175, gibus wrote:OK

VOTE: Not_Mafia
Your last 4 votes have been 4 different people :(
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2181 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:41 pm

Post by geraintm »

In post 2154, Corwinoid wrote:I think it's time to sort the sorting hat.

VOTE: gibus
I don't follow this vote, all the notes you made at the end of yout very, very long post didn't mention them
gibus
gibus
Goon
gibus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2182 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:50 pm

Post by gibus »

UNVOTE:
outsmarts bullet
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2183 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:52 pm

Post by Crescent »

Gibus appears to have lost his mind.
gibus
gibus
Goon
gibus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2184 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:53 pm

Post by gibus »

Is it too far fetched to think there might be 4 mafia aligned players in a universe where both me and Elsa are town prs?
outsmarts bullet
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2185 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2022 1:00 pm

Post by Crescent »

In post 2184, gibus wrote:Is it too far fetched to think there might be 4 mafia aligned players in a universe where both me and Elsa are town prs?
No, because with vig it would set up a scenario where town could be lylo on
day 2
. That's totally bonkers.

It's still super duper interesting though how Vivax falls off a bit as a train, and suddenly both Gibus and NM are active.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2186 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2022 1:14 pm

Post by Crescent »

In post 2173, Elsa Jay wrote:And I'm selfish and don't really wanna die and keeping Gibus alive forces scum to keep my alive a day longer to keep the fake claim up. That I didn't mention as much.

Edit: hence getting rid of NotMaf now and trying to actually know who's the final partner with Gibus is best. Let's pray Gibus voted Vivax to launch as an indication of Vivax being town similar to Corwin being town because of Owen.

So yeah NotMaf first and day 4 we'll get Gibus.

In post 2182, gibus wrote:UNVOTE:

This is essentially the entire progression of his NM vote. There is essentially no reason to put the vote there and no reason to take it off. This is also shortly after it was pointed that Gibus/NM does make sense for a team.
Corwinoid
Corwinoid
Goon
Corwinoid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2187 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2022 2:00 pm

Post by Corwinoid »

In post 2181, geraintm wrote:
In post 2154, Corwinoid wrote:I think it's time to sort the sorting hat.

VOTE: gibus
I don't follow this vote, all the notes you made at the end of yout very, very long post didn't mention them
If I relent on Vivax being scum, then the remainder of the pool is gibus, Crescent, UNOwen. gibus is the suspected fake claim, and I'd certainly prefer to lynch scum than lynch town just to clear a slot and get closer to endgame.
Corwinoid
Corwinoid
Goon
Corwinoid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2188 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2022 2:02 pm

Post by Corwinoid »

I'm not even sure I follow the logic of NM being a better launch than gibus here, but I'm pretty tired at this point also.
Corwinoid
Corwinoid
Goon
Corwinoid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2189 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2022 2:17 pm

Post by Corwinoid »

That doesn't really make sense from a town perspective though, does it Elsa? Why would we want competing mislaunches in MyLo? Remind me why town wouldn't want a no-kill today to get the odd/even advantage back, now that we know there's no vig left to uneven it?
Corwinoid
Corwinoid
Goon
Corwinoid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2190 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2022 2:23 pm

Post by Corwinoid »

@gibus: Did you do anything to hint at who your protection was going to be before the night?
Corwinoid
Corwinoid
Goon
Corwinoid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2191 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2022 2:31 pm

Post by Corwinoid »

UNVOTE:
Corwinoid
Corwinoid
Goon
Corwinoid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2192 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2022 3:13 pm

Post by Corwinoid »

In post 2180, geraintm wrote:

Your last 4 votes have been 4 different people :(
You've voted 6 times the entire game, on 6 different people. In what way is this a relevant point?

You might as well point out that despite her 600 posts, Crescent has 5 votes all game and none today.
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion
Pronoun: He or She. Idc.

Post Post #2193 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2022 3:51 pm

Post by Elsa Jay »

That's an unfair comparison. Gibus has been vote hopping to each possible wagon tho. Completely different.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2194 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:25 pm

Post by Crescent »

In post 2193, Elsa Jay wrote:That's an unfair comparison. Gibus has been vote hopping to each possible wagon tho. Completely different.
But the interesting thing his NM vote only seems to have been made for show. With Gera he at least
tried
to give a reason.

It's a mockery to compare my recent play to Gibus though. What I did last night was to give a completely dead game life again when I could've just let it stay dead. Guess what? It worked!

Nonsense like this is why I stopped reading Corwin posts. His hateboner for me is too strong for him to feel any need to rationally justify anything on me. I can derive exactly what he said just by reading yours.

Try manufacturing an actual scum motive for my actions this morning. The game had all but resigned itself to lazily voting off Vivax. I effectively revived the game not because I thought Vivax was town, but because I thought rushing the vote was premature and I was worried about some of the votes on him. I even went and theorycrafted possible scumteams for him just in case he actually was right. Meanwhile this stalled for time and that time got people's heads back in the game. I reaction tested Gera, and I ultimately dragged both Gibus and NM back into the game. Some of the points I made (like Vivax/Gibus not making sense as a team) even remained valid.

As scum in this situation, I can absolutely get away with doing nothing this morning and letting this game stay dead. I can even get away with playing the "Just end the suffering card" and hammering him, playing off of the natural exhaustion I feel for this game. If he's scum I look better for hammering him after he tunneled me for so long. If he's town I get away with it and I make sure we railroad NM tomorrow. Given you yourself blasted me for saying NM should be a set vote today in some posts yesterday, you can't turn around and argue I'm scum with NM. NM would be a vote I have set up on all game just for such a situation.

What you need to answer is simple: What could be my scum motive for my actions of the past 24 hours? Why do I not find an excuse to hammer? Why do I revive a game that felt like it had given up? Why do I invite more scrutiny onto myself with the strength of the actions I committed? Why do I push Elsa to live again? Why do I specifically theorize two teams that can both easily be disproven today depending on the vote? Who can possibly be scum with me if everyone I'm theorycrafting on is town?

If you can't answer all of these questions, you don't have a case on me. And
I
can't answer all of these questions right now.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2195 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:32 pm

Post by Crescent »

I'd like to think I just definitively shut down Corwin with that post, by the way. If he wants to continue coming after me just out of personal hatred, I have no control over that. He's the kind of player who doesn't understand how anti-town the way he acts is. Elsa's the only one in this game who's ever made an actually good argument against me. Co
Anyways.
In post 2167, Crescent wrote:It's funny to imagine a situation where Vivax is town and I'm sitting there for hours blowing him up and theorizing solely based off him being scum while scum is just sitting there internally screaming "JUST HAMMER HIM ALREADY DAMNIT".

I am amused by this thought.
This thought still amuses me, and I would not be surprised if it's exactly what happened. I'd like to note that once it was really pointed out that NM was posting more, he stopped.
In post 2164, Crescent wrote:NM has sure gotten talkative all of a sudden..
NM's last post? The very post
before
this one, post #2163. As soon as I pointed this out, he completely vanished again. This would be one hell of a coincidence.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2196 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:34 pm

Post by Crescent »

In post 2165, Elsa Jay wrote:His life is in danger. It appears it finally made him wanna focus on the game.
Oh and this is #2165, just to further my point.

Elsa and I
both
noted this change in behavior and NM essentially fled.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2197 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:39 pm

Post by Crescent »

Honestly though I feel like I just totally had a "mic drop" moment on Corwin there and it feels
really
good.

Hurray for late birthday presents <3
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion
Pronoun: He or She. Idc.

Post Post #2198 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:47 pm

Post by Elsa Jay »

You go girl. Can't say being the translator and saying a few of Corwin's posts every once in awhile sounds fun but I'll reword anything he says in a nice way for you I guess. So you know what's going on.

But yeah now it's just the wagons. Eira is still "studying" the thread but said the power went out so I'll cut that some slack. So it's just up to the rest of us to pick up the slack.

I think Gibus over extended here by giving away Vivax isn't bad. At this point I doubt it Crescent cuz even I don't believe my theories anymore. I know I'm not bad and Corwin is still cleared from Owen.

So the remaining thing is Gibus/NM, Gibus/Eira, or Gibus/Gera.

Cres you still think Eira is good even after the significant drops into day 2 and day 3 today?
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2199 (ISO) » Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:07 pm

Post by Umlaut »

“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”