Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #3175 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2022 6:13 am

Post by Meuh »

Considering I don't think a single person went into their reserves, idk if that's true? But maybe people would be less scared of getting into their reserves so they'd post more. (Wasn't Lukewarm on day 2 the only one who got close?)

To me it feels like compelling the players to compile their thoughts into 1 post is good so we don't get people flooding the thread. (I'm probably the one who did this the most this game so :lol:) But if it prevents shitposting it's less good. So it's good and bad. Don't know what to make of it, but I'd definitely not be opposed to playing another postcap game in the future.
I'm also curious about the impact it had on private thread activity (and if this is good or bad for the health of the game)
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3176 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2022 6:17 am

Post by Meuh »

percentage based postcaps also interest me as a way to specifically stop 1-3 players from just hijacking the thread, but they sound harder to implement. Plus harder to follow, both for players and hosts.
and also it feels like it'd punish people for trying to make a game more active when a large amount of the list aren't doing much, which sounds not very fun.
So maybe just a preset universal cap like this one is good.
gorilla
gorilla
Mafia Scum
gorilla
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3177 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2022 6:19 am

Post by gorilla »

Actually, I realistically don't care anymore. Rhyme & Reason's play has been genuinely pathetic and I want them to lose this game. I won't selfvote because then I'll get yelled at for gamethrowing, but realistically their play should be seen as the single biggest determinant factor in this town loss. It's not about being wrong, of course - everyone is going to be wrong at points in a game of mafia and plenty of people have been wrong. It's the fact that as confirmed town, they and Bell have been completely gutless and spineless, utterly inept and unwilling to take charge or engage substantively. It is genuinely infuriating and the most absurdly poor play imaginable. Make no mistake, they are the single biggest catalysts of a loss here.

So go ahead and vote me.
I will be flipped, and I will reveal as town, and then I will be MORE confirmed town than either of them. (I don't think it's likely that either of them have been falsely cleared by bastard shenanigans or a godfather role. But the only way to be 100% sure is when someone is dead and revealed by the moderator). After that, you should listen to
ME
, and not them, because their cowardly ineptitude has allowed this game to to reach a horrible state. They cannot and should not be trusted to make correct decisions. They have proven themselves incapable of doing so.

You will do the following:

Invictus Dunnstral.
I have had one scumread since the start of day 2. The game has repeatedly refused to kill him, while he has continued to do nothing but reactively accuse those who suspect him. It completely pathetic if you allow yourselves to lose to someone who has done as little as he has. He is flamingly obvious scum.

Kill Meuh, then Fey.
The order realistically doesn't matter here, you can do it the other way around, but the spiteful side of me wants Meuh shoved over during the day because I think she's pushing absolute bullshit right now.

That
should
net you at least 2/3 scum, if not the entire team. If not, you were pretty much always going to lose this game.

Depends on flips:

If Fey is somehow town -> kill gammagooey.
His protection of Meuh and attempts to un-align her and Dunnstral while pushing Fey as an elim have obvious scum motivation.

If Meuh is somehow town -> kill fire.
His attempt to divert the elim to her today is an obvious setup to get me invictus'd tonight and win the game outright for scum. Gammagooey is never scum with a Dunn/Fey team.

I think this is a reasonable and logical path forward. It should be enough to win the game in spite of the play of the clears, as long as they have the sense to actually LISTEN to what other people are saying in this game for once.
gorilla
gorilla
Mafia Scum
gorilla
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3178 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2022 6:22 am

Post by gorilla »

I say meuh/fey because those two were the ones who did the most obvious work at dismantling a Dunnstral wagon. If it's some scenario where scum were trying to bus him and town pulled the vote off, then again, we just deservedly lose there. But I don't think that is super likely.
gorilla
gorilla
Mafia Scum
gorilla
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3179 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2022 6:25 am

Post by gorilla »

In post 3125, Prism wrote:No elimination has been achieved. The Day 4 deadline is in 2 days, 4 hours, 22 minutes.
If Bell/R&R continue to dither and hedge uselessly, I will vote myself in 24 hours, for the sake of ensuring an elimination actually happens. I frankly do not trust them to act decisively within the time alotted.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #3180 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2022 6:53 am

Post by Prism »

Fey and Gammagooey have been prodded. They have 24 hours to post before I begin searching for a replacement.
Kovu
Kovu
Goon
Kovu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3181 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:09 am

Post by Kovu »

In post 3179, gorilla wrote:
In post 3125, Prism wrote:No elimination has been achieved. The Day 4 deadline is in 2 days, 4 hours, 22 minutes.
If Bell/R&R continue to dither and hedge uselessly, I will vote myself in 24 hours, for the sake of ensuring an elimination actually happens. I frankly do not trust them to act decisively within the time alotted.
I mean, I'd much rather people just vote whoever they SR, like, sitting around the entire D4 cause "must sheep clears" gets us exactly no where...
Kovu
Kovu
Goon
Kovu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3182 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:10 am

Post by Kovu »

plus, we have 0 information going into the night with VC analysis stuff..

VOTE: Fey
Fey
Fey
Goon
Fey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3183 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:37 am

Post by Fey »

Bleh. I'll vote whoever. It feels like everyone is viable and trying to hardline decide who I wouldn't kill for the sake of being alive right now is... difficult, which is also stupid because of how like. Easy it looks, opportunistic.

I guess I'd default to Meuh ATP. I've softened on gorilla and Gamma enough for different reasons.

Feels weird everyone's complaining about Dunnstral but no one's like doing anything about Dunnstral. Maybe I'm missing why though.
Fey
Fey
Goon
Fey
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3184 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:38 am

Post by Fey »

VOTE: Meuh

I don't have anything else to offer/claim, wasted my shots I guess but felt the best choice in a game like this. At least I was right on Lavar.
gorilla
gorilla
Mafia Scum
gorilla
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3185 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:18 am

Post by gorilla »

In post 3181, Kovu wrote:
In post 3179, gorilla wrote:
I mean, I'd much rather people just vote whoever they SR, like, sitting around the entire D4 cause "must sheep clears" gets us exactly no where...
I am voting who I scumread. Bell and R&R are holding the game hostage with their terrible play. What more can I do?

I'll move over to Meuh if there's will there. It is genuinely impossible to eliminate her if she's scum, though. You won't get the votes.
gorilla
gorilla
Mafia Scum
gorilla
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3186 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:21 am

Post by gorilla »

I guess Bell is voting Fey. If he's decided on that vote I will follow it.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #3187 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:23 am

Post by Bell »

Hi.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #3188 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:33 am

Post by Bell »

In post 3175, Meuh wrote:Considering I don't think a single person went into their reserves, idk if that's true? But maybe people would be less scared of getting into their reserves so they'd post more. (Wasn't Lukewarm on day 2 the only one who got close?)

To me it feels like compelling the players to compile their thoughts into 1 post is good so we don't get people flooding the thread. (I'm probably the one who did this the most this game so :lol:) But if it prevents shitposting it's less good. So it's good and bad. Don't know what to make of it, but I'd definitely not be opposed to playing another postcap game in the future.
I'm also curious about the impact it had on private thread activity (and if this is good or bad for the health of the game)
In post 3176, Meuh wrote:percentage based postcaps also interest me as a way to specifically stop 1-3 players from just hijacking the thread, but they sound harder to implement. Plus harder to follow, both for players and hosts.
and also it feels like it'd punish people for trying to make a game more active when a large amount of the list aren't doing much, which sounds not very fun.
Last question.

@Everyone: one person who do you want to kill? Who is essentially your top scum read. Keep it extremely concise.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #3189 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:35 am

Post by Bell »

In post 3078, Dunnstral wrote:For real though, I don't think I make sense in any team because I was almost eliminated on day 3. And I feel like every time the votes are on me the game goes dead silent. There were 2-3 mafia voting me at the same time on day 3
Dunnstral lost the previous game with the worst response by a mile.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #3190 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:40 am

Post by Bell »

In post 3175, Meuh wrote:Considering I don't think a single person went into their reserves, idk if that's true? But maybe people would be less scared of getting into their reserves so they'd post more. (Wasn't Lukewarm on day 2 the only one who got close?)

In post 3176, Meuh wrote:percentage based postcaps also interest me as a way to specifically stop 1-3 players from just hijacking the thread, but they sound harder to implement. Plus harder to follow, both for players and hosts.
*looks at watch*

Top scum read, go.
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3191 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:55 am

Post by Meuh »

Dunnstral
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #3192 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:03 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 3188, Bell wrote:@Everyone: one person who do you want to kill? Who is essentially your top scum read. Keep it extremely concise.
fey
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3193 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:07 am

Post by Meuh »

Dunn/Fey in lim and invictus gets us to day 5 like 99% of the time
Unless we live in the cursed Fire/Gamma/Gorilla world, in which case I’ll just cry
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #3194 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:29 am

Post by Gammagooey »

@Bell - Fey

Omw home after visiting my dad, ill be available to talk about shit around 9/9:30 eastern
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3195 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:40 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 3188, Bell wrote:@Everyone: one person who do you want to kill? Who is essentially your top scum read. Keep it extremely concise.
Gorilla
Rhyme and Reason
Rhyme and Reason
They
Goon
Rhyme and Reason
They
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: They

Post Post #3196 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:26 pm

Post by Rhyme and Reason »

Right, we’re doing Gorilla

VOTE: gorilla

~Rhyme
A hydra with no rhyme or reason.

"i wanna kill s_s but leave mena alive" ~Datisi
Rhyme and Reason
Rhyme and Reason
They
Goon
Rhyme and Reason
They
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: They

Post Post #3197 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:31 pm

Post by Rhyme and Reason »

Dunn, vote gorilla if you’re still around

Meuh, put your vote back on gorilla

Kovu and Bell will vote gorilla once they get here.

There’s jackshit to read Gorilla as town from, my townreads have been overwhelmingly correct from early game which makes me want to go back to my stronger earlier reads which was that Gorilla!scum is a thing, the claim was the only clearing thing but the repeated hard dips into AtE and crying is doing nothing for me

If I’m wrong, fine, we can sheep Gorilla. But so far the “vote the scummy slot that didn’t do much” approach has been awful given that Cakez and Enchant were both town and so I think scum have had a stronger influence than it appears — who has been pushing for that type of policy lim most strongly? Gorilla

And I think there’s a major disconnect between the words and the actions e.g. trying to leave a winning blueprint while simultaneously going on about how he wants our slot to lose

~Rhyme
A hydra with no rhyme or reason.

"i wanna kill s_s but leave mena alive" ~Datisi
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him