Mini Normal 2275: Roguelikes - Day 3: Endgame!

Confidently Wrong
Confidently Wrong
Goon
Confidently Wrong
Goon
Goon

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:35 am

Post by Confidently Wrong »

VOTE: Mala

I want pressure on this slot so i can start solving the game from slots i feel Comfortable solving fast
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:46 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 161, Loftwing wrote:
In post 156, Fredrick A Campbell wrote:Here's something we could all do. Give any three reads on any three players you are willing to make public. The consequences of not doing so will be determined by everyone that participates.

I'll start

Cat Scratch Fever - Town ()
FancyPants - Town ()
Eiralox - Town (Not answering questions)
I don't particularly have any reads.
In post 166, Loftwing wrote:
In post 162, Fredrick A Campbell wrote:
In post 161, Loftwing wrote: in spoiler below
Spoiler:
In post 156, Fredrick A Campbell wrote:Here's something we could all do. Give any three reads on any three players you are willing to make public. The consequences of not doing so will be determined by everyone that participates.

I'll start

Cat Scratch Fever - Town ()
FancyPants - Town ()
Eiralox - Town (Not answering questions)

I don't particularly have any reads.
Seen everyone's post? Select a few posts that are most alignment indicative for you now and get yourself a few.
I have read the entire game, and nothing is particularly notable.

I do think that CSF and BBT show a genuine interest in pushing the game forward, rather than a fabricated reason to go after their respective targets.
In post 168, Loftwing wrote:Now that you mention it, kenny hasn't said anything of substance despite saying many things.

VOTE: kennyk
In post 198, Loftwing wrote:UNVOTE: Kennyk

I like their recent posting, it feels a lot better than before.
@ Fancy Pants - you've suspected Kenny for being a bit too on the fence/not having any notable reads, do you find it suspect at all that Loftwing is pretty much taking an identical approach, just much more openly?

I guess the fact they're happy to admit they don't have much to say at the moment isn't something self-conscious scum would do, but I disagree with the idea there isn't much to comment on at the moment...there's plenty of content, even if it's early on.

I also think the vote/unvote for Kenny could read as quite opportunistic potentially once Loftwing saw pressure on the slot was starting to die down a bit.
Confidently Wrong
Confidently Wrong
Goon
Confidently Wrong
Goon
Goon

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:54 am

In post 183, kennyk wrote:
In post 179, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:But what you posted wasn't relevant. You posted a bunch of stuff but didn't actually give any reads, so the question is this; why post it at all?
I never claimed it to be reads. Just my impressions about things that were relevant in my eyes. Like Irrelephant believing Shoshin is town without giving a reason why.

It was just things that I think are noteworthy. They were and are not enough to make it a read in my eyes.

And btw.: the quoted post doesn't contain a read either. Why did you post it at all?
In post 185, kennyk wrote:
In post 180, Shoshin wrote:Kenny is town.

More votes on Malcolm, please.
And here is another "X is town" post without any reason. This time it is Shoshin on the giving and not the receiving end.

Mind to share, why you think I am town?

And why voteing Malcolm (except maybe for not posting much)?
In post 186, kennyk wrote:
In post 184, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:My post wasn't intended to look like I was doing stuff.

Your post is posted under the guise of actually contributing.
No it was not. FancyPants asked me about my thoughts. And I did post those thoughts. They aren't much in regard of reads, but those were the thoughts I have about this game.
it definitely wasn't the fact that he cited kenny's post that happened between then and there that you can freely read, malcom, right.
Confidently Wrong
Confidently Wrong
Goon
Confidently Wrong
Goon
Goon

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:55 am

reading and interpreting posts hard, assumptions easy
Loftwing
Loftwing
Goon
Loftwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:19 am

Post by Loftwing »

In post 199, FancyPants wrote:@loftwing, Can you point out specifically what you like about Kenny's recent posts?
I feel like it was a resolution to my misgivings about them, which was mainly "There's a lot of nothing here"
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:32 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 202, Confidently Wrong wrote:
In post 179, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:But what you posted wasn't relevant. You posted a bunch of stuff but didn't actually give any reads, so the question is this; why post it at all?
I never claimed it to be reads. Just my impressions about things that were relevant in my eyes. Like Irrelephant believing Shoshin is town without giving a reason why.

It was just things that I think are noteworthy. They were and are not enough to make it a read in my eyes.

And btw.: the quoted post doesn't contain a read either. Why did you post it at all?
In post 185, kennyk wrote:
In post 180, Shoshin wrote:Kenny is town.

More votes on Malcolm, please.
And here is another "X is town" post without any reason. This time it is Shoshin on the giving and not the receiving end.

Mind to share, why you think I am town?

And why voteing Malcolm (except maybe for not posting much)?
In post 186, kennyk wrote:
In post 184, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:My post wasn't intended to look like I was doing stuff.

Your post is posted under the guise of actually contributing.
No it was not. FancyPants asked me about my thoughts. And I did post those thoughts. They aren't much in regard of reads, but those were the thoughts I have about this game.
it definitely wasn't the fact that he cited kenny's post that happened between then and there that you can freely read, malcom, right.
I'm aware of why they've changed their mind on Kenny, and I don't disagree with what they're necessarily saying since I also don't particularly suspect Kenny right now, but then one of the jobs is scum to convincingly make town believe they're on their side, and this felt like a very easy and convenient switch for Loftwing to make after a few other players had either backed off or offered up a defence of Kenny. The fact they've done this while admitting they have no other reads of note is interesting to me.
FancyPants
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:34 am

Post by FancyPants »

In post 204, Loftwing wrote:
In post 199, FancyPants wrote:@loftwing, Can you point out specifically what you like about Kenny's recent posts?
I feel like it was a resolution to my misgivings about them, which was mainly "There's a lot of nothing here"
Which implies his recent posts aren't 'nothing' anymore, can you take a look at the posts and tell me wha you think makes them 'something'.
In other words - you had an opinion, that opinion has now changed - I'm asking you to please explain why it's changed.
Loftwing
Loftwing
Goon
Loftwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:19 am

Post by Loftwing »

This post explained why kenny felt out of place and why it felt like nothing, it was nothing but only if you were looking for reads.

Once I was satisfied, I relieved the pressure.
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2022 1:06 pm

Post by Irrelephant11 »

In post 193, MalcolmTucker wrote:[a bunch of Irrelephant11 quotes]

If Shoshin is town then I feel like Irrelephant could potentially be scum trying to pocket them a bit going forward.

There's several posts here repeatedly indicating Irrelephant thinks Shoshin is town, based on their past experience together, but we're never given a sense as to why this is beyond what must presumably be a gut-read. But Irrelephant appears to be viewing Shoshin's slot completely uncritically - it's more like they desperately want them to be town more than anything else.

The eventual vote on me is weird in that regard, Irrelephant doesn't particularly suspect me, and doesn't actually see me as scum but...votes for me anyway? This just seems really odd. Why waste time voting for a slot you don't think is mafia purely on the gut-read of a player who has made six posts so far?
I will probably explain better at a later date. For now, I'll say that because of past experience, I treat Shoshin pretty differently than I treat the rest of the playerlist (because I don't think I've played with anyone else). So if you think I'm playing weirdly when it comes to Shoshin, probably I am
Hey all! Excited and nervous to play my first game with you!
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2022 1:11 pm

Post by Irrelephant11 »

Starting a townblock

[FancyPants, BBT, Frederick]

I would put myself in it but I promised myself I wouldn't over-effort this game so I'd like some town leadership that doesn't rely on me doing too much. That said, if you three like the townblock and then decide to add me later I will not fight it, because again, that would require effort
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2022 1:14 pm

Post by Irrelephant11 »

Has anyone here watched the Doctor Strange movie AND ALSO watched the new Ms. Marvel show? I'm trying to decide which to watch first
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2022 1:30 pm

Post by Irrelephant11 »

kennyk, what are your reads?
Fredrick A Campbell
Fredrick A Campbell
Any
Mafia Scum
Fredrick A Campbell
Any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2022 1:37 pm

Post by Fredrick A Campbell »

In post 182, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Fred, what happened?
His reply post appears to add up to me.
Fredrick A Campbell
Fredrick A Campbell
Any
Mafia Scum
Fredrick A Campbell
Any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2022 1:42 pm

In post 209, Irrelephant11 wrote:Starting a townblock

I would put myself in it but I promised myself I wouldn't over-effort this game so I'd like some town leadership that doesn't rely on me doing too much. That said, if you three like the townblock and then decide to add me later I will not fight it, because again, that would require effort
What even is a townblock?
Fredrick A Campbell
Fredrick A Campbell
Any
Mafia Scum
Fredrick A Campbell
Any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2022 1:56 pm

I'll vote for Lowell, Malakittens and Shoshin depending on who has the most votes
Fredrick A Campbell
Fredrick A Campbell
Any
Mafia Scum
Fredrick A Campbell
Any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2022 1:56 pm

Fredrick A Campbell's Unofficial Votecount
kennyk
(2): FancyPants, BlueBloodedToffee
MalcolmTucker
(2): Shoshin, Irrelephant11
BlueBloodedTofee
(2): Malakittens, Cat Scratch Fever
Lowell
(2): Eiralox, Fredrick A Campbell
Cat Scratch Fever
(1): Lowell
FancyPants
(1): kennyk
Malakittens
(1): Confidently Wrong
Confidently Wrong
(0):
Fredrick A Campbell
(0):
Not Voting
(2): MalcolmTucker, Loftwing
With 13 alive, it takes 7 to eliminate.

Day 1 ends in (expired on 2022-07-04 11:14:00).
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2022 2:00 pm

Post by Irrelephant11 »

A group of townies who townread each other, are generally accepted as town by most players, and have outsized influence on deciding who to eliminate. If you can make a townblock of about 5 or 6 players on D1 that has 0-1 scum in it, you're more likely to hit scum because town voices will be amplified and the townies inside the townblock are basically safe from being eliminated that day

It kinda naturally happens in a lot of games without being named as such, but I want to name it and get it going before scum have much momentum. And the nice thing about me leaving me out of it, is people will trust it more. Because would I really put both of my partners in a 3-person townblock? No. And everyone should be able to see that you three have generally been pretty towny so far, so you don't need to rely on my being town to trust the townblock. I would have added Eiralox too but tbh I forgot why Eiralox was a townread earlier, and starting with 4 people felt risky

pedit: sorry shoshin Malcolm isn't happening rn, going back to VOTE: Lowell
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2022 2:04 pm

Post by Irrelephant11 »

Honestly I'm torn on how to play this game because my usual style of play gets me pretty widely townread and sometimes even puts me adjacent to a town-leader spot, and that's fun and can be helpful (when my reads are good and/or I manage to make scum uncomfy). But I really don't want a game on my shoulders right now. I want a stress free gallavant in the field where I high five my teammates as they do the heavy lifting and I sort Shoshin for them and spread native wildflower seeds as I go
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2022 2:12 pm

Post by Irrelephant11 »

I will probably end up somewhere in the middle
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2022 2:19 pm

Post by Irrelephant11 »

Malakittens what do you think about kenny?

Loftwing what do you think about Confidently Wrong?

As an aside, I have no idea how to read Confidently Wrong, so if someone has a strong read on that slot, please notify me so I can sheep it
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2022 3:07 pm

Post by Malakittens »

Tell me who to sheep
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2022 3:09 pm

Post by Malakittens »

In post 209, Irrelephant11 wrote:Starting a townblock

The last time I asked to be in a townblock with you , I got rejected hardcore

<\3
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2022 4:20 pm

Post by Lowell »

On the road all day. Prod dodging. Which seems to be the best way to avoid suspicion here for clown reasons. I’ll look this over tomorrow.
Fredrick A Campbell
Fredrick A Campbell
Any
Mafia Scum
Fredrick A Campbell
Any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2022 5:09 pm

VOTE: Malakittens
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:26 pm

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 208, Irrelephant11 wrote:
In post 193, MalcolmTucker wrote:[a bunch of Irrelephant11 quotes]

If Shoshin is town then I feel like Irrelephant could potentially be scum trying to pocket them a bit going forward.

There's several posts here repeatedly indicating Irrelephant thinks Shoshin is town, based on their past experience together, but we're never given a sense as to why this is beyond what must presumably be a gut-read. But Irrelephant appears to be viewing Shoshin's slot completely uncritically - it's more like they desperately want them to be town more than anything else.

The eventual vote on me is weird in that regard, Irrelephant doesn't particularly suspect me, and doesn't actually see me as scum but...votes for me anyway? This just seems really odd. Why waste time voting for a slot you don't think is mafia purely on the gut-read of a player who has made six posts so far?
I will probably explain better at a later date. For now, I'll say that because of past experience, I treat Shoshin pretty differently than I treat the rest of the playerlist (because I don't think I've played with anyone else).
So if you think I'm playing weirdly when it comes to Shoshin, probably I am
I'm not even sure it's that you're playing "weirdly" though, it's just that you're incredibly willing to hand out a free townread early on without much of a reason for doing so. I understand meta will often come into games and that's fine, but your posts could easily read as an opportunistic attempt to cosy up to Shoshin and get on her side early on if she's town and you're not. Your townblock, for what it's worth, gives me a similar fear...we're not that long into the game, I'm wary to put too much faith and trust in anyone at this stage.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”