Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #2301 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:16 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 2298, Vivax wrote:
In post 2293, Not_Mafia wrote:
In post 2291, Vivax wrote:Hey NM.
My only possible partners if I'm mafia are geraintm and Crescent. They didn't hammer me at L-1.

Might want to point that out.
Why is that?
Because you look like a deer in the headlights
Actually he looks more like a "well, survival mode didn't work out, so let's try another tactic..."
gibus
gibus
Goon
gibus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2302 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:16 am

Post by gibus »

In post 2299, Crescent wrote:Also I feel like you actually work in a team with most people. If you got voted off and flipped scum, Gibus just gets shot and we have 0 indication of who he actually thinks would be scum with you.
Gera obviously.
outsmarts bullet
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2303 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:17 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 2300, gibus wrote:It's too late for policy lims, cres.
Vote me if you think it's NM/me.
The fact that you're still calling NM a policy limit proves you are not actually reading the, thank you.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2304 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:18 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 2302, gibus wrote:
In post 2299, Crescent wrote:Also I feel like you actually work in a team with most people. If you got voted off and flipped scum, Gibus just gets shot and we have 0 indication of who he actually thinks would be scum with you.
Gera obviously.
What indications have you given that makes this obvious?
gibus
gibus
Goon
gibus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2305 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:19 am

Post by gibus »

Well, his sudden spike in activity isn't scummy if that's what you mean.
Him dying as either alignment loses him the game.
outsmarts bullet
gibus
gibus
Goon
gibus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2306 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:20 am

Post by gibus »

In post 2304, Crescent wrote:
Gera obviously.
Scum!elsa can't throw NM under the bus, given she's in a 1v1 with me.
Vivax I still think is town.

So poe says gera is the partner.
outsmarts bullet
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2307 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:21 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 2305, gibus wrote:Well, his sudden spike in activity isn't scummy if that's what you mean.
Him dying as either alignment loses him the game.
Missed the point again.

He spiked in activity, then
completely vanished
for ~24 hours again as soon as this spike in activity was called out. The very moment he was accused of going into survival mode, he went back into hiding.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2308 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:24 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 2306, gibus wrote:
In post 2304, Crescent wrote:
Gera obviously.
Scum!elsa can't throw NM under the bus, given she's in a 1v1 with me.
Vivax I still think is town.

So poe says gera is the partner.
So you voted him first post, went inactive for over 30 hours with him sitting there on 4 votes, and said nothing about Vivax in any conceivable way today. You just left the blank vote there and disappeared.

And now you say he's
town
? The guy you nondescript voted and then sat back waiting to see die is
town
?
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2309 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:27 am

Post by Crescent »

I'm not sure there's any conceivable explanation that will satisfy me on how bad that contradiction between actions and words is.

But I look forward to you trying anyway!
gibus
gibus
Goon
gibus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2310 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:30 am

Post by gibus »

I voted vivax out of impulse for calling me clueless - cus scum (with a rb I thought) just let me be last night.
Terrible reasoning I know, I voted somewhere else the next time I came online.
outsmarts bullet
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2311 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:32 am

Post by Crescent »

Oh it gets even better!

#2306 "Vivax I still think is town" is only the second time Gibus mentions Vivax all day. The first? When he votes for him.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2312 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:33 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 2310, gibus wrote:I voted vivax out of impulse for calling me clueless - cus scum (with a rb I thought) just let me be last night.
Terrible reasoning I know, I voted somewhere else the next time I came online.
...Which was only after the Vivax train was dying off.
gibus
gibus
Goon
gibus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2313 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:38 am

Post by gibus »

I can't defend a lack of activity. What can I say except I had other things to do?
Same goes for NM too.
outsmarts bullet
gibus
gibus
Goon
gibus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2314 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:42 am

Post by gibus »

Whatever. Guess it wasn't that obvious. I think vivax and eira are both town.
outsmarts bullet
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2315 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:46 am

Post by Crescent »

Gibus is in that vaunted territory where he's bordering on so bad it makes me internally question if scum could actually play so poorly. Anyways the prevailing themes seem to be "One of Gibus and Elsa" and "One of Gera and NM".

Question for Gibus though... Why does scum Gera hardlock onto NM when Vivax is supposedly at two town votes (you+nm) in a blink? I actually do have an answer to this question. I want to see yours.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2316 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:47 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 2313, gibus wrote:I can't defend a lack of activity. What can I say except I had other things to do?
Same goes for NM too.
So you don't agree that suddenly spiking in activity, then instantly disappearing when you get called out for appearing to be in survival mode scummy?
gibus
gibus
Goon
gibus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2317 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:52 am

Post by gibus »

Not in NM's case, no.

Going for him is the strat with least resistance. Lim town!NM, and then me (1v1 with elsa) to win the game.
outsmarts bullet
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #2318 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:55 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

My only possible partners if I'm mafia are geraintm and Crescent. They didn't hammer me at L-1.

Why is that?
I'm a cow
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2319 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:07 am

Post by Crescent »

People with a chance to hammer Vivax: Me, Corwin, Gera

People with a chance to hammer NM: Me, Eira, Gibus

Someone who didn't hammer on someone is probably scum based on the following: If you assume all above people are town, that leaves just Vivax, Elsa, and NM.

You actually pointed out why Elsa/NM doesn't work yourself. I got you to do some work!

Elsa can't bus Vivax to start the day for the same reasons you pointed out with NM.

NM can't relentlessly bus Vivax for two solid days because he's inevitably getting policy voted. If Vivax is town, NM has quick-voted town every single day, by the way.

So this virtually mandates one of the people who did not hammer is scum. Elsa/Gera and Elsa/Eira are the only two Elsa teams that actually work (reminder: Elsa did not care who of Owen/Corwin died day 1, which suggests Elsa/Corwin doesn't work), and I don't think Elsa draws so much attention to Eira if they're scum together.

This is much tighter on further review.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2320 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:24 am

Post by Crescent »

And lord #2056 still looks horrendous anytime I look at it. But anyways:

By far the most likely partner for Gibus is NM
By far the most likely partner for Elsa is Gera

I kind of think this is where we're at now. Both of these being town with a protective JOAT is virtually impossible.

If anything seriously worries me, it's the potential of Corwin trying to throw the game tomorrow if we're wrong today.

Even disregarding Owen, Corwin/Gibus Corwin just hammers Vivax in a second. Corwin/Elsa feels wrong because of Elsa's actions on day 1.

Gera/Gibus day 2 does not feel like a scum/scum interaction. There isn't a lot that links these two, but I don't think scum gets wall posted by another scum at me and just replies with "Nah". Almost any time Gera has defended Gibus, it has been a justified reaction to a bad vote rather than something forced.

Elsa/Eira doesn't feel good because Elsa just drew, frankly, a little more attention to Eira than I was comfortable with. Eira/Gibus would mean Eira bus voted on both days 1 and 2.

Elsa/NM doesn't work because Elsa needs her partner to survive the day and rode him to -1.

Elsa/Vivax doesn't work because Elsa needs her partner to survive the day and rode him to -1. Gibus/Vivax doesn't work for the exact same reason, unless either Elsa or Gibus went insane.

Are there any holes in here? Gera/Gibus is the only argument here that even feels particularly weak.
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #2321 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:35 am

Post by Vivax »

Crescent that's an impressive improvement over your D1. If I didn't know any better, one could think your alignment changed.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2322 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:44 am

Post by Crescent »

I'm the kind of player who will consistently get more dangerous over time and as I have more data to process. The more posts are in the game, the better for me. I can absorb 2,000+ posts in a 48 hour span... This pace is trivial in comparison.

My biggest issue early on is there just isn't enough to read on day 1 and I'm just as likely to murder a doctor as I am a scum. The problem is I'm good at picking up when people are hiding something.. But as town on day 1 I struggle to separate people hiding because they're PRs and people hiding they're scum.

I'm effectively the protege of a player who was legendary for his day 1 doctor killing powers as town and started half-assing day 1s just to make it stop~

But anyways, the interesting thing is both scenarios make you town, so is there anything in there you particularly don't like?
Corwinoid
Corwinoid
Goon
Corwinoid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2323 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:48 am

Post by Corwinoid »

In post 2318, Not_Mafia wrote:

Why is that?
I'm a cow
A surprisingly salient defense.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #2324 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:58 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 2322, Crescent wrote:I'm the kind of player who will consistently get more dangerous over time and as I have more data to process. The more posts are in the game, the better for me. I can absorb 2,000+ posts in a 48 hour span... This pace is trivial in comparison.
To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Rick's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick & Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick's existential catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them.

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Rick & Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”