Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #2425 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:56 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

Strongman is a modifier, not an action
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Corwinoid
Corwinoid
Goon
Corwinoid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2426 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:56 am

Post by Corwinoid »

In post 2417, gibus wrote:What are all the possible modifiers that interfere with checks
Any ascetic, blocker, commuter, redirector, or relocator (bus driver). Neither of the latter two in Normal games.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #2427 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:56 am

Post by Crescent »

Also is strongman the only unblockable action here because I've seen things like unblockable roleblockers before
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2428 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:58 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 2425, Not_Mafia wrote:Strongman is a modifier, not an action
My OCD is super showing right now weeeee
Corwinoid
Corwinoid
Goon
Corwinoid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2429 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:58 am

Post by Corwinoid »

In post 2412, gibus wrote:
In post 1800, gibus wrote:Cres, Alex, Eira.
Preferably Eira
Scum me wouldn't target town!me or Crescent, regardless of her alignment. The discord is too useful. Which is why I didn't think me, her, or vivax were targets last night.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #2430 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:59 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 2428, Crescent wrote:
In post 2425, Not_Mafia wrote:Strongman is a modifier, not an action
My OCD is super showing right now weeeee
Wut
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2431 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:00 pm

Post by Crescent »

I didn't tell it to quote a post there and have no idea why it did.
gibus
gibus
Goon
gibus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2432 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:02 pm

Post by gibus »

In post 2426, Corwinoid wrote:
In post 2417, gibus wrote:What are all the possible modifiers that interfere with checks
Any ascetic, blocker, commuter, redirector, or relocator (bus driver). Neither of the latter two in Normal games.
I meant manipulative roles, yeah.
outsmarts bullet
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2433 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:07 pm

Post by Crescent »

And BBT had two powers that could mess with a checker type role.

But anyway, true "untargetables" don't seem to exist here. Like, in most games I've played, a bus driver can redirect a strongman-type shot, or a commuter can dodge one. They still go through direct forms of protection like doctors and bulletproof, but they actually have to be able to hit their target.

This is kinda what I needed to know.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2434 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:09 pm

Post by Crescent »

'Cause if that actually meant "all" I could see it pairing with Gibus' claim and a strongman quite well, but it doesn't work that way here.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #2435 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:14 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 2433, Crescent wrote:But anyway, true "untargetables" don't seem to exist here.
Commuters are untargettable
Corwinoid
Corwinoid
Goon
Corwinoid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2436 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:15 pm

Post by Corwinoid »

Technically so is a Hider.

Commuter would have claimed earlier Today though, right?
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #2437 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:16 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

BBT had a commuter in his JOAT
Corwinoid
Corwinoid
Goon
Corwinoid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2438 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:17 pm

Post by Corwinoid »

God that was a terrible launch
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2439 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:21 pm

Post by Crescent »

In post 2435, Not_Mafia wrote:
In post 2433, Crescent wrote:But anyway, true "untargetables" don't seem to exist here.
Commuters are untargettable
So would a commuter beat a strongman then?
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #2440 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:22 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

It would
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #2441 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:25 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

Strongman modifies a kill, so that it nullifies any actions protecting their target. A commuter stops a player from being targetted in the first place.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2442 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:48 pm

Post by Crescent »

I didn't know if rolestopper was simply protection or effectively turned their target untargetable to everyone else. My brain just cannot let such questions rest yay.

Checker can be scum.. Though it's hard to see scum checker meaningfully interacting with stopper and commuter. I guess unless the checker was also another form of power. I learned in 2272 that scum doctor counters gunsmith but we don't have gunsmith here so that at least would make no sense.

Imma go have dinner.
Eiralox
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2443 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:06 pm

Post by Eiralox »

so it's elsa/gibus. elsa reacted emotional to corwin vote. gibus only started to mount a defense now, waaaaay after elsa-attack. i can see scum elsa, but voting gibus is..... safer? maybe?

Crescent talks about Elsa claming 28 minutes after gibus and how that's not enough time, thing is elsa only contested gibus claim way after both claims so elsa culd've claimed(using redacted to play safe) and later mounbted gibus attack. Elsa/Gera team and way less likely Elsa/Vivax and others.

But..... ergh.... gibus feels green and elsa feel bliase these past few pages, except when socliding corwin, but i know im eira, i err, so chances ae my vote's still goin gibus rather than else.
Eiralox
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2444 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:11 pm

Post by Eiralox »

one thing that worried me yesterday when walking was that scum! Elsa also wouldn't want a gibus launch, rather a misluanch D3, then maybe a misslaunch D4 and when gibus finally swings eazy scum victory.

so yesterdAY i wanbtred to come in here and vote gibus, clear this whole thing up. diduin't, got stuck in with vivey. im not gonna vote there yet. Corwin.... town points for thinking about gibus/elsa launch today. choosing elsa over bibus? well maybe gibus swayed some folk wiht good intetnions but c'mon why didn't gibus mount this exact same defense days eralier?

I recall telling gibus they have 6 days six hours and a half. that they've only come with something againbst elsa claims now well.... time constraint, studying poss game layouts, patience, idk, or simply scum gibus caught flatfooted and only now bouncing back. idk it's unicorn logic from here on out so that's all imma say now.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2445 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:31 pm

Post by Crescent »

It was less the time and more the claim had to be entirely premediated early on.

I went back over Elsa's claim and did find something interesting. For some reason I remember her reacting way more harshly to me than she did (Was it someone else? There's basically nothing in her reaction to me), but there's something even better:

In post 1656, Elsa Jay wrote:Because if [Redacted] is either Doctor or Detective or possibly for scum's Roleblocker I'm not outting that shit until they kill me and see it on my card.

I'm not giving anymore hints on what it actually is.
This is a mere 10 posts after her claim in response to getting pressed, which is a direct as hell crumb, though she apparently never mentions this crumb specifically on day 3. Considering Elsa could
not
have known at the time a Jack with protective powers would flip, this is a pretty direct hint to why town Elsa would trust Gibus here. The specific fact that a different protection flipped could not have been part of a premeditated scum plan. Without that, Elsa's claim doesn't really do any significant harm to Gibus no matter what she does.
Corwinoid
Corwinoid
Goon
Corwinoid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2446 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:31 pm

Post by Corwinoid »

In post 2444, Eiralox wrote:one thing that worried me yesterday when walking was that scum! Elsa also wouldn't want a gibus launch, rather a misluanch D3, then maybe a misslaunch D4 and when gibus finally swings eazy scum victory.
Where have her votes been today?

Vivax, which looked like an easy mislaunch, and went to -1 before I cooled it off.
Not_Mafia, who town have wanted to self-destruct on all game.

She's the one pushing the mislaunch to have the gibus fight tomorrow.
Eiralox
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2447 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:36 pm

Post by Eiralox »

In post 2446, Corwinoid wrote:
In post 2444, Eiralox wrote:one thing that worried me yesterday when walking was that scum! Elsa also wouldn't want a gibus launch, rather a misluanch D3, then maybe a misslaunch D4 and when gibus finally swings eazy scum victory.
Where have her votes been today?

Vivax, which looked like an easy mislaunch, and went to -1 before I cooled it off.
Not_Mafia, who town have wanted to self-destruct on all game.

She's the one pushing the mislaunch to have the gibus fight tomorrow.
i'm considering this and that's why a gibus launch today would make me happy.

the thing for me is...case building. els might not be fully logical but their attack on gibus/N_M and gibus/eira is brave.

would scum elsa do this? maybe.

one can say that elsa calling Gibus/N_M Gibus/Eira is Elsa protecting either Gera or Vivax for when things go ball's up but idk.

if we launch gibus and it's a doc swing we'll be more certain about elsa.
Eiralox
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2448 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:37 pm

Post by Eiralox »

one thing that worries me is that both N_M and gibus are still bottom of elsa's pile, same as they were D1. this might be conincidence or might be strategy in motion, elsa was very evasive towards me D1 when I asked for an expansion on their gibus/gera reads.
Corwinoid
Corwinoid
Goon
Corwinoid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2449 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:38 pm

Post by Corwinoid »

Same logic works for flipping Elsa first to sort gibus though too. There might, however, be another way... give me some time to work this out solidly.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”