Mini Normal 2275: Roguelikes - Day 3: Endgame!

MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:28 pm

Post by MalcolmTucker »

I worry some people are confusing Eiralox's abrassive posting style for scum. Not sure scum gets into such a deliberate dogfight with CW here, it's clearly not helped Eiralox and unless they're on a mission to eliminate themselves I fail to see why scum would take such an approach.

Loftwing's vote above is, again, incredibly opportunistic.
Eiralox
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:49 pm

Post by Eiralox »

oh wow lol y'all more suggestible than i thought.

irrelphant and catscratch vote... meh, i can, live with it. don't have a take on cats atm but from what ive seen they look better 'n a lot of others.

loftwing and fred? loftwing who i susssed earlier, fred who despite all the content reads pretty null 2 me... well now. my eyes are def gonna ber turning there.

And if y'all mob me Imma lol hard at ur trust in Con Wrong ; )

I'm not reading their posts dont care what they blurt so if yall wanna form actual reasons fro voting in the meantime that'd'b great.
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:51 pm

Post by Irrelephant11 »

575 has good points. But on the other hand sometimes scum get defensive and flustered when pressured. Loftwing’s vote is the worst on the wagon so far, for sure, if Eira is town.

@malakittens @shoshin, thoughts on Eiralox ISO?
Hey all! Excited and nervous to play my first game with you!
Eiralox
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:54 pm

Post by Eiralox »

In post 566, Loftwing wrote:VOTE: Eiralox

Dearest Eiralox,

I hope this vote finda you in good health
and in a prosperous position to put wealth
into the pockets of people like me, down on their luck
you see, your readlist is not something to fuck.

I can understand nullreading everyone around you, to keep your options cleared and your paths open. However, it feels rather contradictory when you state that CW and CSF, two users whom's initialisms start with C, are both indistinguishably equal. Please answer the the following charge that I am putting against you now:

You say that CW is null to you, however in your own posts, you say that they feel worse and worse to you as well. How can you read them as being the same as Kenny, a user whom you have greenlit while also keeping them inside the nightmarishly thin grouping of null? This is a charge of nonsensical behaviour, and should this remain unresolved, the punishment shall be death.

Yours Truly,

Daker, Loftwing.

this is word salad wow. i mean i can see Con Wriong being town in a very obsessive ego driven authoritarian kind of way. thinking atm by guts that if i shift my vote off Con Wrong it's gonna land on Loftwing.

this post is just........ what are you saying?

at this point i'm thinking folk are taking offense at my playstayle, and perhaps even Con Wrong wanna solve me cos i don't care for METAaaaaaaaaahhhhh(echo). well too bad.
Eiralox
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:00 pm

Post by Eiralox »

In post 577, Irrelephant11 wrote:575 has good points. But on the other hand sometimes scum get defensive and flustered when pressured. Loftwing’s vote is the worst on the wagon so far, for sure, if Eira is town.

i mean i find it funny that Con Wrong is so 100% sure that scumteam is found just cos someone took issue with their read methodology XD

and me continually stating i havenbt read lowell or Mala one way or another and Con wrong keeping saying i'm defending there? and that it's the team? i mean in what world does..... COn's vaunted 'logic' support this setup? just say its ur three scummiest players and leave it at that.

first Con pairs me with loyyd, i make it pretty clear i wasnbt for loyyd today and straight up tell Con that a eira/mala paiating woyuld give more room for attack. later they do launch this line of reasoning >.<

Con Wrong pairing me with them and telling me i shoulda voted this way or that way at the start of this game...

whether COn Wronf is scum or town right jow well, all i'm feeling is they being way too forceful and bullying regarding their belief in what a town player should be doing.

if some1 attacks me cos im not voting the way they want me to vote? so forceful and arrogant?

im not taking that shit lying down.
Eiralox
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:13 pm

Post by Eiralox »

i can totally see town! Con wrong, same as Malcolm/Irrelphant says about me: why would scum! con spas out like this and not instead pursue a more subtle attack on lloyd/eira/mala?

i'll be going through things and probs gonna change my vote cos i don't see Con Wrong the Arbitoor of Playstyle's wagon going anywhere anytime soon.

imma prob switch my vote to loftwing or Malakittens. I never trust my day one reads, ive misread and misguillotined way too many townies day one in my time. I've found that going with my gut produces better results than logical and rational analysis this early. I will be studying what wagons were shifted off by those with their vote on me. if there isn't at least 1 scum voting me rn i'd be surprised.

Lloyd/Mala silence over this worries me. I know mala is basically AWOL, and don't know whether Lloyd is VLA or whatever? but at this point Mala/Lloyd input
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:31 pm

Post by Irrelephant11 »

Who’s Lloyd?
Eiralox
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:33 pm

Post by Eiralox »

In post 581, Irrelephant11 wrote:Who’s Lloyd?

my bad all instances of lloyd>llowel.
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:39 pm

Post by Irrelephant11 »

Eira it seems like part of your scumread of CW is he put you in a three-person team prematurely. But as he pointed out, you’ve shown suspicion on the other two slots. Why was your response to scumread CW? It seems like “great PoE, though I’m town” would make more sense as a response if you’re town who agrees with 2/3 of his stated scum team
Eiralox
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:57 pm

Post by Eiralox »

In post 583, Irrelephant11 wrote:Eira it seems like part of your scumread of CW is he put you in a three-person team prematurely. But as he pointed out, you’ve shown suspicion on the other two slots. Why was your response to scumread CW? It seems like “great PoE, though I’m town” would make more sense as a response if you’re town who agrees with 2/3 of his stated scum team

ok im not understanding all of this(i havent had coffee in like a week or more so maybe i should re-addict myself there)

anyway briefly cos at this point im at -2 so i dont see point in being vague:

my vote on Con Wrong was mostly experimental, my scumleans at that time were lloyd and loftwing, with me considering joining a mala vote cos that slot has done f-all that seems town, i know they might be inactive but at this point even if they flip town its better than other options. so my immediate reaction was, ok this is strange i dont feel groovy about mala and lloyd, so how do i fit in with them? esp as i've had eraly reason to sus lloyd for..... incomplete view among just a general scummy vibe(wanting everyone 2 hammer so early, think iv seen one other player suggest that? cant recall who)

so i mean it was sorta clear that these were the thre most scummy 2 Con Wrong but i wanted to push those reads, and then went through iso and decided Con Wrong's input has been way too watery for my taste. They can be town rn and them hangung back at start and trhwoing switches or whatever is their way, just like my vot n em is my way. who cares, im not going into that rn.

to further explain vote on Con Wrong. Cat Fever asked me why, i replied dungeons and dragons. this is meme, like my oyther votes(except llowel ione i forgot to do it i was tired).

This is a roguelike after all : 3

"When you suspect a trap, you can put the end of your 10-foot pole through that hole in the wall instead of reaching in with your hand."
Eiralox
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:01 pm

Post by Eiralox »

soory again lloyd> llowel.

mixing username of some1 on writing forum for some reason.
FancyPants
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:02 pm

Post by FancyPants »

Based on their aggressive tone, OMGUS (a town tell for me, see me thinking Kenny voting for me was the only town thing he's done), and her whimsical entrance I had a tonal town read on Eiralox.
That said if these tonal tells were always true mafia would be very easy indeed. Based on the content of their posts Eira looks terrible.

This post in particular I really don't like :
In post 499, Eiralox wrote: uuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhh?????? your shitty push at me? naming me scum for no reason and only expanding read after i vote u and only voting after irrelpant votes? You've been hiding this entire game. only now do you 'solve' everything.... i mean???? in what world do you pair me with lowell and mara? i'm happy to flip either of 'em if that'kll stroke your switches or whatever you use
In general she focuses quite a bit about CW being wrong about the "scum team" which is a very scummy thing to do, a way of calling out CW on what's he's actually wrong about, as opposed to defend herself (so scum Eira is smugly calling out CW for being wrong about something (the whole team) but not defending what he's actually right about (themselves being scum).)

I also agree with CW that their is a stark difference in play styles between CW's town games and this one. I'm personally very susceptible to being meta'd as I have no interest in being playing scum and usually don't post much and then replace out, so I understand the frustration with people using meta to catch you, but people do it because it's effective.

Then recently in post she expresses a desire to vote Mala? After giving CW shit for scum reading them based on nothing (to me it was pretty clear CW was using POE).

All their posts since page 18 just come across as an implosion, even if Eira is town and they are just drunk or high or something, I'm going to have trouble A) reading a slot that acts so illogically (or at least so different from me that I can't understand their reasoning for anything) and B ) ever being secure in their towniness - I'm ready to vote Eira.

I'm going to quickly go back and make double extra sure of the votecount first, and I'd like to hear everyone's opinion on the wagon before they hangs.
Eiralox
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:08 pm

Post by Eiralox »

oh wow fancy now im feeling way worse about u. i don't do meta, peroid, ever, if ya'll wanna be pricks about that go ahead.

and between Loftwing, Lloyd, and Mala, i'm your pick? cos you can't read me?

well Fancy Pants has shifted full null for me again.

only players i'm greenish ion atm are Malcolm, Irrelphant, Cat Scratch.
FancyPants
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:09 pm

Post by FancyPants »

Can I specifically get clarity from Kenny and Loftwing, exactly what they think of Eira and why, I know Loftwing gave reasoning when he voted, but can you clarify why her behaviour is scummy in your eyes.
Please don't say you have no opinion.

@Loftwing, nice Hamilton reference.
FancyPants
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:24 pm

Post by FancyPants »

In post 587, Eiralox wrote:oh wow fancy now im feeling way worse about u. i don't do meta, peroid, ever, if ya'll wanna be pricks about that go ahead.

and between Loftwing, Lloyd, and Mala, i'm your pick? cos you can't read me?

well Fancy Pants has shifted full null for me again.

only players i'm greenish ion atm are Malcolm, Irrelphant, Cat Scratch.
I like you and Loftwing for scum actually. I didn't say I can't read you, I think you're scum because:
- After going after CW about scum reading Mala, you now want to vote Mala.
- You talked a lot about CW being wrong about the scum team, in particular you said " in what world do you pair me with lowell and mara? i'm happy to flip either of 'em if that'kll stroke your switches or whatever you use" which I find scummy as hell.
- Your whole demeanour changed after CW voted you and you basically went a bit nuts.
- Your main pushes seem to be Mala and Lowell, people who haven't said much - which strikes me as opportunistic "Save myself at any cost" type of behaviour.

And yes your meta looks bad but that's only a part of it.

In general I find your
kind
of tone to be townie so I'm having a little trouble reconciling you as scum, but when it comes to voting; content trumps tone.

I
did
say that if you are town I don't mind eliminating you anyway, because I find your posts too confusing, and your thought process impenetrable - so we're never going to be able to effectively work together.
Eiralox
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:26 pm

Post by Eiralox »

@FancyPants u havent read yo. i said i was leaning scum on llowel and considering joining mala vote at time of Con Wrong poling. u got no input on this?

cos right now i've seen a lot of egomaniacal vapidity from Con, an utter mess of a scummish post from Loftwing, and u basically saying u wanna vote me cos me not joining the meta club is confusing ur reads and that im either drunk/high and therefore sunhuman to defend myself against Con Wrongs blatant self-assertiveness.

Irrel and Cat are the only ones voting me who are keeping cool heads imo, and that's points for them.
FancyPants
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:29 pm

Post by FancyPants »

In post 590, Eiralox wrote:@FancyPants u havent read yo. i said i was leaning scum on llowel and considering joining mala vote at time of Con Wrong poling. u got no input on this?

cos right now i've seen a lot of egomaniacal vapidity from Con, an utter mess of a scummish post from Loftwing, and u basically saying u wanna vote me cos me not joining the meta club is confusing ur reads and that im either drunk/high and therefore sunhuman to defend myself against Con Wrongs blatant self-assertiveness.

Irrel and Cat are the only ones voting me who are keeping cool heads imo, and that's points for them.
It's true you've been inconsistent in your suspicions of Lowell.

Can you ISo yourself and show me where you were suspicious of Malakittens? I must have missed that.
Eiralox
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:29 pm

Post by Eiralox »

In post 589, FancyPants wrote: I
did
say that if you are town I don't mind eliminating you anyway, because I find your posts too confusing, and your thought process impenetrable - so we're never going to be able to effectively work together.

yeah again i'm right "Fancy is confused so want Eira dead." what a farce. In what world do you wanna elim an active player who's forming reads and getting things going over Mala, whose done jack squat, or Loft, who's vapid air?

I'm not feeling good about your reasoning here Pants. You're nearing my scumleans.
FancyPants
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:30 pm

Post by FancyPants »

Sorry - the above sentence should read:
It's true you've been
consistent
in your suspicions of Lowell.
FancyPants
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:33 pm

Post by FancyPants »

In post 592, Eiralox wrote:
In post 589, FancyPants wrote: In what world do you wanna elim an active player who's forming reads and getting things going over Mala, whose done jack squat, or Loft, who's vapid air?
You see you continually say things I think are scummy.
Even the above quote.

You're basically saying you should be kept around because you're active and we should elim a lurker, but YOU were a lurker until pressure was mounted on you. Also scum players can be active. "No we should vote them instead" is not a defense.
Eiralox
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:33 pm

Post by Eiralox »

In post 591, FancyPants wrote:
In post 590, Eiralox wrote:@FancyPants u havent read yo. i said i was leaning scum on llowel and considering joining mala vote at time of Con Wrong poling. u got no input on this?

It's true you've been inconsistent in your suspicions of Lowell.

Can you ISo yourself and show me where you were suspicious of Malakittens? I must have missed that.

use your brain, just because im not posting anything doesnt mean im not thinking it. if u can read kinds good for u. i';ve been way focused on my other current's game day end two-four days back so didn't follow this thread as much as i wanted to. anyway.............

if i confuse you, if my way of doing things wearies you, well too bad. get better reasons for wanting to put me at -1 over other choices.
Eiralox
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:35 pm

Post by Eiralox »

In post 594, FancyPants wrote:
In post 592, Eiralox wrote:
In post 589, FancyPants wrote: In what world do you wanna elim an active player who's forming reads and getting things going over Mala, whose done jack squat, or Loft, who's vapid air?
You see you continually say things I think are scummy.
Even the above quote.

You're basically saying you should be kept around because you're active and we should elim a lurker, but YOU were a lurker until pressure was mounted on you. Also scum players can be active. "No we should vote them instead" is not a defense.
uuuuuhhhhhh no lol there was no pressure. no on asked Con Wrong to expand on Eira read, i'm the one who took the pole and jammed it in the hole to get clarity. well ur another person im sorta gonna tune out rn(not as much as COn Wrong but still i'm getting nowhere with u, imma rest and come back and look at where i wanna look. don't become too confused in the meantime >.<)
FancyPants
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:40 pm

Post by FancyPants »

" im not posting anything doesnt mean im not thinking it."
You've basically admitted earlier you didn't read most of the thread.

Moving on.

I have just accused you of first defending malakittens and then expressing a willingness to vote them. You also said earlier they were full null.
You said I was wrong because:
In post 590, Eiralox wrote:@FancyPants u havent read yo. i said i was leaning scum on llowel and
considering joining mala vote at time of Con Wrong poling.
u got no input on this?
The bolded part is what I'm talking about. Basically I want to know when and how you went from think Mala was Null, and attacking them is scummy, to now attacking them yourself.
FancyPants
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:41 pm

Post by FancyPants »

In post 596, Eiralox wrote: uuuuuhhhhhh no lol there was no pressure. no on asked Con Wrong to expand on Eira read, i'm the one who took the pole and jammed it in the hole to get clarity. well ur another person im sorta gonna tune out rn(not as much as COn Wrong but still i'm getting nowhere with u, imma rest and come back and look at where i wanna look. don't become too confused in the meantime >.<)
You must understand that Con Wrong scum reading you, and you "taking the pole and jamming it in the whole" is exactly what I mean when I say "you responded to pressure".
Eiralox
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:44 pm

Post by Eiralox »

In post 598, FancyPants wrote:
In post 596, Eiralox wrote: uuuuuhhhhhh no lol there was no pressure. no on asked Con Wrong to expand on Eira read, i'm the one who took the pole and jammed it in the hole to get clarity. well ur another person im sorta gonna tune out rn(not as much as COn Wrong but still i'm getting nowhere with u, imma rest and come back and look at where i wanna look. don't become too confused in the meantime >.<)
You must understand that Con Wrong scum reading you, and you "taking the pole and jamming it in the whole" is exactly what I mean when I say "you responded to pressure".

then you and i define pressure as different things. i was in a very amused frame of mind when i voted con wrong.

-fin-

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”