Mini Normal 2275: Roguelikes - Day 3: Endgame!

Eiralox
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #850 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2022 3:37 am

Post by Eiralox »

In post 848, Lowell wrote:Like pulling teeth around here. Let’s all call a guy useless and scummy and do nothing.
loftwing is at -1 and hasnt said anyhting yet. i want to hear from them. i unvote cos i dont want a hammer without at least a response. not liking your take here llowel.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #851 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2022 3:39 am

Post by Lowell »

Cool.

Unrelated: BBT is scum
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #852 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2022 3:39 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

You didn't answer the question.

Why is it terrible?
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #853 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2022 3:42 am

Post by Lowell »

Dudes loft posted 8 times in the last day and a half, listing all his suspects, what exactly you want from him? Vote him or don’t. BBT is scum, eira is probably town, I have this read in my head and can’t shake it now.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #854 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2022 3:43 am

No, no, no. What?

You're making no sense here. Why was Eira's post terrible?
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #855 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2022 3:45 am

Post by Lowell »

Because of the things I said already…?
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #856 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2022 3:48 am

I see.

Terrible =/= scum. I understand now, you should be clearer in how you say things.

It made it look like you thought Eira was scum.
Eiralox
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #857 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2022 3:49 am

Post by Eiralox »

i think lowell is saying at this point why not stick with my guns, it's prob gonna be loftwing elim so why dont we get this over with? that's the tone im getting at least, dont quote me on it. aaaand imma go smoke and maybe be back in.... 3-5 hrs for a check-in.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #858 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2022 3:56 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

Sorry been really busy, going to read the last few pages and catch up.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #859 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:00 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 790, Irrelephant11 wrote:
In post 787, Confidently Wrong wrote:
In post 785, Irrelephant11 wrote:CW could be scum trying to power a miselim through. I think loftwing is a pretty good flip

We should consider making a flip happen sooner rather than later because this weekend is a holiday weekend for everyone in the US and we have about 2.5 days left in this game day, during which the American players might barely post (e.g. me, I'll be hanging with family)
What signs do you see me being scum?

And why is Loftwing a good flip? Over Eira even?
I'm not confident Eiralox is scum, and you seem surprisingly confident. Could be posturing to get a miselim. It's not my #1 theory, but I know you're pretty good at mafia so I can't rule it out. I have no interest in flipping you in the near future though
I'm posting as I catch up and this may have been addressed - but CW (or their various assorted alts) tends to be a player who is very confident and determined once they hone in on a slot. Last time we played together they were saying I had "scumclaimed" and were determined I was scum when that ended up not turning out to be the case.

Of bigger concern to me would be that CW started the game is a very jokey way which largely saw them TR'd, but they've shifted into a style I'd much more typically associate them with as the game gone on. Whether that's just CW dropping their alt gimmick now the game is in full-flow because they sense they can eliminate a townie or not I'm unsure.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #860 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:08 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 846, Eiralox wrote:UNVOTE: Loftwing

Loftwing has offered us nothing. they've been.... openly non-committal. Seeing as it's at -1 im unvoting to give Loft time, some1 might go on and hammer anyway at this point and i don't see the value in that. at least.... try.

but in a twisted way loftwing can still flip town so idk..... will i vote there again? lowell wagon... no. fred? i can totally see scum fred, but the fact that they thoroughly asked me to share my viewpoint then shifted to mala is.... something which makes me wary of mobbing fred 2day.

So loftwing idk i mean i guess my vote can shift back to u at this point, i'm not having options atm. but i wann at least give you time... if u do nothing impressive in the interim well meh.
Unless Eiralox is gambling on Loftwing going out anyway/can rely on the wagon being pushed through by fellow scum, this is an incredibly townie post given Eiralox has been under pressure themselves and has been a possible elimination for the latter half of day one. Even if they don't feel they can vote Loftwing if the slot is town, I don't think there would be any benefit for scum actively leaving the wagon at the moment.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #861 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:09 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 845, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Also, can you explain your fascination with Eiralox not voting someone?

And why this fascination was not also applied to Malcolm?
I am generally a very sparse voter in most games, especially early on where I prefer to see how other players react to pushes and analyse the game based on that. Granted, this is obviously something I could do if I were scum, and I doubt I'd change that approach here by voting constantly, but it's consistent with my townplay not to vote a lot.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #862 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:12 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 809, Loftwing wrote:
In post 776, Eiralox wrote:VOTE: Loftwing

welp at least now vc is accu. I see no solving from loftwing. I see no relish for the hunt. The fact that kenny and loft are now voting together should be noted.

Dont expect much more from me today.
This is accurate. I am not currently solving the game, instead riding the waves and seeing where it takes me.
In post 812, Loftwing wrote:
In post 810, Shoshin wrote:
In post 809, Loftwing wrote:I am not currently solving the game, instead riding the waves and seeing where it takes me.
Behold, a scum.
Is there a problem with not trying too hard, because I am too busy for this game?
In post 814, Loftwing wrote:
In post 813, Shoshin wrote:Scum are the ones who don't try to solve the game.
Scum are the ones who try to hide this fact, yet here I am, flaying this fact open for all to see.
These posts aren't really making me feel any better about Loftwing to be honest. I don't like the reasoning of "I'm not scum because I'm not pushing very hard", because it looks like said posts are designed to obscure the fact Loftwing is very much trying to convince other posters to leave their wagon by implying it's a bad read to see they're scum. Loftwing says they're too busy to solve at the moment but still ultimately makes a whole bunch of posts anyway. You don't need to have the whole game figured out to make some reads.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #863 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:16 am

Malcolm, that was more a question towards Fred than yourself.

What do you make of Lowell saying Eira's unvote was a 'terrible' post?
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #864 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:19 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 863, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Malcolm, that was more a question towards Fred than yourself.

What do you make of Lowell saying Eira's unvote was a 'terrible' post?
I think that was more just frustration from Lowell.

Lowell clearly thinks Loftwing is scum given their vote, and Eiralox's post is basically indicating they think Loftwing has been too non-committal and scummy to actually come back as scum, which is logic I often agree with but not in this case. If Lowell's town I think it's genuine annoyance that a slot they reckon is scum could still potentially escape elimination by virtue of being too scummy.

If Loftwing comes back town though it's very much worth revisiting.
Eiralox
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #865 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2022 5:10 am

Post by Eiralox »

Malcolm dont get me wrong I can still totally see scum loftwing. Just might be me bein loony but you feel way to certain about alignments in above post. Ur still a townlean for me, just need to voice my instincts I guess.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #866 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2022 5:35 am

Post by Shoshin »

Only thing that gives me pause about Loftwing is that it feels too easy.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #867 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2022 5:36 am

Post by Shoshin »

It would be nice if we had two competing wagons here.
Eiralox
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #868 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2022 5:48 am

Post by Eiralox »

Hmmm I mean the toffee sus of malcolm and fred and the general interaction after that... fred didnt really respond, came in expressing intent to hammer.. Malcolm sorta did but by qouting a bbt post meant for fred. Lowell calls toffee scum. Im feeling better bt both toffe and lowell so no comment on that yet.Theres nothing distinct I can pinpoint but im storing these few pages in my lookit later bin.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #869 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:26 am

Is there anyone openly opposing the Loftwing wagon except for myself? Lack of counter wagon should also be a concern if true.
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #870 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:30 am

Post by Cat Scratch Fever »

Cw has been the most vocal opposition to a lofting wagon

I have not voted lofting either though i am more amenable to the idea
Eiralox
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #871 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:35 am

Post by Eiralox »

In post 869, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Is there anyone openly opposing the Loftwing wagon except for myself? Lack of counter wagon should also be a concern if true.
i think cw is the other one against it from what ive seen.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #872 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:36 am

Ah nice, shame nobody has been listening.

Fred seems like a good vote, no?
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #873 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:37 am

In post 860, MalcolmTucker wrote:
In post 846, Eiralox wrote:UNVOTE: Loftwing

Loftwing has offered us nothing. they've been.... openly non-committal. Seeing as it's at -1 im unvoting to give Loft time, some1 might go on and hammer anyway at this point and i don't see the value in that. at least.... try.

but in a twisted way loftwing can still flip town so idk..... will i vote there again? lowell wagon... no. fred? i can totally see scum fred, but the fact that they thoroughly asked me to share my viewpoint then shifted to mala is.... something which makes me wary of mobbing fred 2day.

So loftwing idk i mean i guess my vote can shift back to u at this point, i'm not having options atm. but i wann at least give you time... if u do nothing impressive in the interim well meh.
Unless Eiralox is gambling on Loftwing going out anyway/can rely on the wagon being pushed through by fellow scum, this is an incredibly townie post given Eiralox has been under pressure themselves and has been a possible elimination for the latter half of day one. Even if they don't feel they can vote Loftwing if the slot is town, I don't think there would be any benefit for scum actively leaving the wagon at the moment.
This post seems to exclusively assume loftwing will flip town - why?
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #874 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:40 am

*why did you not consider eiralox and loftwing to be s/s?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”