Mini Normal 2275: Roguelikes - Day 3: Endgame!

Eiralox
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #875 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:54 am

Post by Eiralox »

Cats... yeah something pinged me in malcolm's post. not enough to call red but i had to note it.

Toffeee..... no. I said earlier i can see scum fred, but theres no way im voting fred over loftwing today. i havent really studied fred's launch against me, i think the one thing that stood out is they saying i got 12 in scumpile, later 12 in null pile. but we hashed it out and they unvoted so on that alone im not voting in that direction. considering loftwing's...... idk what to call it, plus loftwing's case on me(cw and fred[and 2 way lesser extent kenny] did way more trouble in explainin their votes.... loftwing sticks with the same single..... sploofy reason and even at -1 didnt go after me on any other point in any way... from what I saw? so no, loft over lloyd and fred for me. lloyd.... idk i just got a gut feel they might be uninterested town, while that gut feel isnt so strong in me RE: loftwing.
Eiralox
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:55 am

Post by Eiralox »

lloyd>llowel
Loftwing
Loftwing
Goon
Loftwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:57 am

Post by Loftwing »

In post 818, FancyPants wrote:Please do when you have time on Saturday just your justification for the scum reads.
After an ISO of you, it seems my initial stance was baseless. My apologies. You can go into the unjustifiably large grey sector.
Loftwing
Loftwing
Goon
Loftwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:58 am

Post by Loftwing »

In post 831, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Switching votes to self-pres isn't scummy. Not even in the slightest
Now, here's an interesting comment. I would like to hear you justify this remark, BBT.
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:03 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

I have no time to read the game but will hammer anything. Loftwing is my preference but I’ll help almost any wagon go through.
Hey all! Excited and nervous to play my first game with you!
Eiralox
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:09 am

Post by Eiralox »

@Loftwing imma prob go sleep in bout 2-4 hrs. at that point ill consider whether imma put you at -1 or not.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:23 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

Loft, can you give me a run down of where you're at?

Regarding the self-pres, if I'm at L-1 and my top town read is the next largest wagon, regardless of my alignment I'm voting the counter wagon to save myself. If I'm town, I can never be as sure on someone else's alignment as I am of my own and if I'm scum, well, I just want to live.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Loftwing
Loftwing
Goon
Loftwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:02 am

Post by Loftwing »

In post 836, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Is anyone interested in a Fred or Malcolm wagon?

Fred is preference.
In post 833, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:I can only go off early-ish posts and it's not a read I can say I'm wholly confident in either. Therefore, I'm not entirely comfortable explaining it - not yet anyway.

Ther
If you townread me, then surely you could give a more in-depth explanation than this.
kennyk
kennyk
Goon
kennyk
Goon
Goon

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:03 am

Post by kennyk »

So Fred intends to hammer Loftwing at a certain time and promises to hunt down anyone who does hammer before another time. I totally see and agree with the intention behind that.

Then Eira unvotes to not get Loftwing hammered early. A statement I can relate to in general. But with Fred's post I ask myself if it really was necessary in this case.

If I were scum and still off the wagon, I wouldn't hammer before Fred's deadline. No need to get into a bad light there. Someone else would do the dirty work for you.

And as town it isn't good to hammer either. Even if I were quite sure that Loftwing is scum, I would let the day go on to maybe get some useful Infos from his posts.

So there really is no need to unvotes. The only reasons I can think of are either you have doubts about his guilt (which you don't) or both are scum and Eira tries to make an elim less likely.

So in my eyes this feels a bit like a last ditch at saving a fellow scum.
Loftwing
Loftwing
Goon
Loftwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:06 am

Post by Loftwing »

In post 846, Eiralox wrote:UNVOTE: Loftwing

Loftwing has offered us nothing. they've been.... openly non-committal. Seeing as it's at -1 im unvoting to give Loft time, some1 might go on and hammer anyway at this point and i don't see the value in that. at least.... try.

but in a twisted way loftwing can still flip town so idk..... will i vote there again? lowell wagon... no. fred? i can totally see scum fred, but the fact that they thoroughly asked me to share my viewpoint then shifted to mala is.... something which makes me wary of mobbing fred 2day.

So loftwing idk i mean i guess my vote can shift back to u at this point, i'm not having options atm. but i wann at least give you time... if u do nothing impressive in the interim well meh.
In post 847, Lowell wrote:This is terrible ^
How is it terrible? Eiralox, despite being convinced that I am scum, wishes to give me a chance. I think that this is perfectly aligned with their attitude this game, and it won't reflect poorly upon them if I flip.
Loftwing
Loftwing
Goon
Loftwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:08 am

Post by Loftwing »

In post 853, Lowell wrote:Dudes loft posted 8 times in the last day and a half, listing all his suspects, what exactly you want from him? Vote him or don’t. BBT is scum, eira is probably town, I have this read in my head and can’t shake it now.
This isn't an explanation for why the post was terrible. Clearly they weren't entirely satisfied with what was said so far. Eiralox wants something that hasn't been said yet, or perhaps they want me to say more. In either case, it would be entirely reasonable to unvote me and wait for more.
Loftwing
Loftwing
Goon
Loftwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:11 am

Post by Loftwing »

In post 862, MalcolmTucker wrote:[...]Loftwing says they're too busy to solve at the moment but still ultimately makes a whole bunch of posts anyway. You don't need to have the whole game figured out to make some reads.
I have made some reads, and I have posted them. I've sorted everyone by how I percieve them, and very little has changed between then and now.
Loftwing
Loftwing
Goon
Loftwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:14 am

Post by Loftwing »

In post 866, Shoshin wrote:Only thing that gives me pause about Loftwing is that it feels too easy.
Well, that's always been the case, regardless of what mask I wear. Despite being a LHF, I still try my best to find a playstyle that suits both me and everyone around me. Perhaps this one isn't it.
Loftwing
Loftwing
Goon
Loftwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:20 am

Post by Loftwing »

In post 881, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Loft, can you give me a run down of where you're at?

Regarding the self-pres, if I'm at L-1 and my top town read is the next largest wagon, regardless of my alignment I'm voting the counter wagon to save myself. If I'm town, I can never be as sure on someone else's alignment as I am of my own and if I'm scum, well, I just want to live.
I am in a mega-coroporation stocking various icey things into cold containers.

Less literally, I am currently a little lost as to what to do here. I don't particularly have a preffered direction or goal other than to offer as much as I can in the limited time I have here.

If you're town, then the most you can do is try to provide as much content before your death, as everything you say will come from a town perspective, guarenteed. Self preservation denies this avenue of information to your fellow bretheren, which in turn makes everyone worse off.

In any case, I must return to the land of ice and frost until my lunch rest.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:12 pm

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 865, Eiralox wrote:Malcolm dont get me wrong I can still totally see scum loftwing. Just might be me bein loony but you feel way to certain about alignments in above post. Ur still a townlean for me, just need to voice my instincts I guess.
I'm probably not as certain as that post conveys. I'm never certain about anything, there's always a nagging doubt. I'm usually wary to go for the "easy" elimination in most games D1, and there's an argument that this is an easy lim here, but Loftwing's tone has been indicating scum to me.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #890 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:14 pm

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 873, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 860, MalcolmTucker wrote:
In post 846, Eiralox wrote:UNVOTE: Loftwing

Loftwing has offered us nothing. they've been.... openly non-committal. Seeing as it's at -1 im unvoting to give Loft time, some1 might go on and hammer anyway at this point and i don't see the value in that. at least.... try.

but in a twisted way loftwing can still flip town so idk..... will i vote there again? lowell wagon... no. fred? i can totally see scum fred, but the fact that they thoroughly asked me to share my viewpoint then shifted to mala is.... something which makes me wary of mobbing fred 2day.

So loftwing idk i mean i guess my vote can shift back to u at this point, i'm not having options atm. but i wann at least give you time... if u do nothing impressive in the interim well meh.
Unless Eiralox is gambling on Loftwing going out anyway/can rely on the wagon being pushed through by fellow scum, this is an incredibly townie post given Eiralox has been under pressure themselves and has been a possible elimination for the latter half of day one. Even if they don't feel they can vote Loftwing if the slot is town, I don't think there would be any benefit for scum actively leaving the wagon at the moment.
This post seems to exclusively assume loftwing will flip town - why?
It's not, I'm explaining why I don't think Eiralox is scum by reasoning why they wouldn't back off Loftwing if they were.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #891 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:17 pm

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 869, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Is there anyone openly opposing the Loftwing wagon except for myself? Lack of counter wagon should also be a concern if true.
There also does seem to be some resistance to forcing the wagon through though as well. Definitely some hesitancy there. Although if Loftwing is town, suppose that could be interesting if scum are perhaps wary to hammer because they feel it's too obvious.
Fredrick A Campbell
Fredrick A Campbell
Any
Mafia Scum
Fredrick A Campbell
Any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #892 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2022 2:09 pm

Post by Fredrick A Campbell »

In post 844, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Fred, I would like to know why you think Loft is scum.

I find you haven't given your read/position on many players in the game
Loftwing is just not doing anything and wants to do nothing in this game.
Fredrick A Campbell
Fredrick A Campbell
Any
Mafia Scum
Fredrick A Campbell
Any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #893 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2022 2:11 pm

In post 845, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Also, can you explain your fascination with Eiralox not voting someone?

And why this fascination was not also applied to Malcolm?
Eirialox wasn't doing anything when I had my suspicion.
Fredrick A Campbell
Fredrick A Campbell
Any
Mafia Scum
Fredrick A Campbell
Any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #894 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2022 2:13 pm

As for MalcolmTucker, they seemed to be doing something that they believe will allow them to know a person's alignment.

By the way, by doing nothing I mean they weren't doing something that they believe will allow them to know a person's alignment.
Fredrick A Campbell
Fredrick A Campbell
Any
Mafia Scum
Fredrick A Campbell
Any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #895 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2022 3:51 pm

In post 811, Loftwing wrote:
In post 808, Shoshin wrote:What're your reads, Loft?
Town

Fredrick A Campbell
Confidently Wrong
---
Cat Scratch Fever
BlueBloodedToffee
Lowell
Irrelephant11
MalcolmTucker
Shoshin
Malakittens
---
kennyk
FancyPants
Eiralox
Scum
Loftwing, are these still your current reads?
Fredrick A Campbell
Fredrick A Campbell
Any
Mafia Scum
Fredrick A Campbell
Any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #896 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2022 3:55 pm

In post 838, Fredrick A Campbell wrote:
In post 832, FancyPants wrote:Why is loftwing town bbt?
I would like to know the answer to this question, BlueBloodedToffee.

Confidently Wrong, I would like to know your answer to this question too.
Loftwing
Loftwing
Goon
Loftwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #897 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:01 pm

Post by Loftwing »

In post 892, Fredrick A Campbell wrote:
In post 844, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Fred, I would like to know why you think Loft is scum.

I find you haven't given your read/position on many players in the game
Loftwing is just not doing anything and wants to do nothing in this game.
I haven't been doing nothing per se, just nothing that you would find productive. I have been divining the alignments of other players as they have come up, but I have not pro-actively hunted for scum. I feel like the first day of any game is more lackadaisical than future games. Unfortunately, my track record doesn't actually see me surviving the first day, regardless of alignment, so I usually lie down and wait to see if I die.

I am rather apathetic for this game.
Loftwing
Loftwing
Goon
Loftwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #898 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:09 pm

Post by Loftwing »

In post 895, Fredrick A Campbell wrote:
In post 811, Loftwing wrote:
In post 808, Shoshin wrote:What're your reads, Loft?
Town

Fredrick A Campbell
Confidently Wrong
---
Cat Scratch Fever
BlueBloodedToffee
Lowell
Irrelephant11
MalcolmTucker
Shoshin
Malakittens
---
kennyk
FancyPants
Eiralox
Scum
Loftwing, are these still your current reads?
Move FP up between CSF and BBT
KittyTacky
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #899 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:44 pm

Post by KittyTacky »

Flavor 1.4Image
Hack

Hack is a 1984 roguelike video game that introduced shops as gameplay elements and expanded available monsters, items, and spells. It later became the basis for NetHack.

Hack was created in 1982 by Jay Fenlason with the assistance of Kenny Woodland, Mike Thome, and Jonathan Payne, while students at Lincoln-Sudbury Regional High School. A greatly extended version was first released on Usenet in 1984 by Andries Brouwer. Brouwer continued to work on Hack until July 1985. Don Kneller ported the game to MS-DOS and continued development there. Development on all Hack versions ended within a few years. Hack descendant NetHack was released in 1987.

Hack is still available for Unix, and is distributed alongside many modern Unix-like OSes, including Debian, Ubuntu, the BSDs, Fedora, and others. Hack has also been ported to a variety of non-Unix-based platforms. NetHack is available for almost all platforms which run Hack. There is one exception: Hack is available, but NetHack is unavailable, for the Game Boy Advance.

This describes Brouwer's version 1.0.3, which is the most canonical version, being the one installed by package managers on Linux systems.

Being developed by one man means the game is more balanced. Even when the player has discovered all properties of monsters, wands, potions, and has fathomed the role of "luck", the game remains as playable as ever. It may take ages before the player reaches that stage. The player will be helped by rumors: cryptic hints, hidden in fortune cookies.

The object of the game is to delve into a dungeon to retrieve the Amulet of Yendor, and perish with as many game points as possible. The player can start out with a different ability set, such as Wizard or Cave(wo)man. The player confronts various monsters: hobgoblins, leprechauns, acid blobs, bats, centaurs, chameleons, dragons, ghosts, imps, trolls, and has weapons, armor, potions, wands, rings and special items to aid in this, e.g. related to fire there is a scroll, a ring, a monster and a wand, and their interplay is to be discovered.

There is time pressure because the player dies if their food runs out, though food is scattered around the dungeon. There is a limit to how much the player can carry, forcing them to leave valuable items behind. The amount of gold and gems the player possesses when they die increases their score, but holding them comes with a burden of more weight.

The player must enter Hell to recover the Amulet. Entering Hell for the uninitiated just means that "you burn to a crisp". (In NetHack, Hell is renamed.)

The player encounters special rooms such as shops, crypts, and vaults. Other spatial elements in the game are traps and swamps. As the player's experience grows, so do their abilities, score and the need for food.

Source: Wikipedia

Votecount 1.4
Loftwing
(5): FancyPants, Lowell, MalcolmTucker, Irrelephant11, Shoshin
[E-2]

Lowell
(3): Cat Scratch Fever, Fredrick A Campbell, Confidently Wrong
Eiralox
(2): Loftwing, kennyk
BlueBloodedToffee
(1): Malakittens
Fredrick A Campbell
(1): BlueBloodedToffee
Not Voting
(1): Eiralox

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to eliminate.

Day 1 ends in (expired on 2022-07-04 11:14:00).
If u dont elim me today, you are Minecrafters
~Vasex
When i open this game, and starting read, i immediatly close it because i starting strongly consider self last townie alive and others are just jesters.
~Enchant

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”