Mini Normal 2275: Roguelikes - Day 3: Endgame!

Confidently Wrong
Confidently Wrong
Goon
Confidently Wrong
Goon
Goon

Post Post #900 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:08 pm

Post by Confidently Wrong »

Hi , loftwing is obvtown, lets vote out either lowell or eira please
Confidently Wrong
Confidently Wrong
Goon
Confidently Wrong
Goon
Goon

Post Post #901 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:09 pm

Post by Confidently Wrong »

If i die going into day 2, my number 1 legacy is eira scum
Yes shoshin that means you too should vote eira once you know i am town 100%

Lowell/irrelephant/eira is a team im heavily considering with BBT as backup PoE
Everyone else i feel have towntold to some capacity
Loftwing
Loftwing
Goon
Loftwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #902 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:24 pm

Post by Loftwing »

Cw,
why
am I town?
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #903 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:25 pm

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

20 hours left and I don't like either of the leading wagons.

Fantastic stuff.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #904 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:36 pm

Post by Cat Scratch Fever »

In post 890, MalcolmTucker wrote:
In post 873, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 860, MalcolmTucker wrote:
In post 846, Eiralox wrote:UNVOTE: Loftwing

Loftwing has offered us nothing. they've been.... openly non-committal. Seeing as it's at -1 im unvoting to give Loft time, some1 might go on and hammer anyway at this point and i don't see the value in that. at least.... try.

but in a twisted way loftwing can still flip town so idk..... will i vote there again? lowell wagon... no. fred? i can totally see scum fred, but the fact that they thoroughly asked me to share my viewpoint then shifted to mala is.... something which makes me wary of mobbing fred 2day.

So loftwing idk i mean i guess my vote can shift back to u at this point, i'm not having options atm. but i wann at least give you time... if u do nothing impressive in the interim well meh.
Unless Eiralox is gambling on Loftwing going out anyway/can rely on the wagon being pushed through by fellow scum, this is an incredibly townie post given Eiralox has been under pressure themselves and has been a possible elimination for the latter half of day one. Even if they don't feel they can vote Loftwing if the slot is town, I don't think there would be any benefit for scum actively leaving the wagon at the moment.
This post seems to exclusively assume loftwing will flip town - why?
It's not, I'm explaining why I don't think Eiralox is scum by reasoning why they wouldn't back off Loftwing if they were.
You didn’t consider that Eiralox and loftwing were svs

If loftwing flipped scum (which you should be considering giving you’re voting for them), what would you conclude about Eiralox’s alignment
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #905 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:37 pm

Post by Cat Scratch Fever »

In post 903, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:20 hours left and I don't like either of the leading wagons.

Fantastic stuff.
Then make a case for yours!
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #906 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:38 pm

In post 836, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Is anyone interested in a Fred or Malcolm wagon?

Fred is preference.
I would still do this if we can get any traction at all
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Eiralox
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #907 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:43 pm

Post by Eiralox »

Summary:

Kenny: calls eira poss scum for 'foiling' freds plan of hammer.theres more than 12 hrs left here. Kenny pretty sure that eira/loft scum but doesnt want to switch to loft to reinforces freds intent to hammer? My earlier statement that kenny is very wary of joining loft wagon gains even more weight in my mind now. I almostvoted kenny here but can I justify that vote over loftwing? Idk. Eh. If loft flips red this post doesnt look good for kenny.

Cw: my thinking still is that they form reads in a pretty blaise manner. Even loftwing wants to know why theyre town.thats all imma say on that.

'...........

I mean I guess its loft? I might not vote there tbh. If loft flips red, im looking at kenny, cw, toffee, in that order. If loft flips green, i'll start by looking at llowel, fred and malcolm.
Eiralox
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #908 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:46 pm

Post by Eiralox »

And if loft flips green ill still look at cw and toffee, scum can manufacture pre_flip townreads to look good.
Fredrick A Campbell
Fredrick A Campbell
Any
Mafia Scum
Fredrick A Campbell
Any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #909 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:52 pm

Post by Fredrick A Campbell »

VOTE: Loftwing

E-1

Fine with a hammer since we have less than 24 hours anyway and not everyone might be online at the right time and we might end up with no executions if we wait too long.
Loftwing
Loftwing
Goon
Loftwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #910 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:10 pm

Post by Loftwing »

In post 906, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
In post 836, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Is anyone interested in a Fred or Malcolm wagon?

Fred is preference.
I would still do this if we can get any traction at all
Why either of them? Neither of their deaths would allow the game to progress quite as much as mine would.
Loftwing
Loftwing
Goon
Loftwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #911 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:16 pm

Post by Loftwing »

I suppose I shall claim before my death is finalized.

I am a 1-shot neighborizor, and a secret second role which I will gladly take to the grave. I had no plans to use my ability tonight, as I trust none of you most, although given my revealed status at this point, I feel that, should I survive today, it will be of utmost importance that I neighborize with someone tonight.

Now then, decide my fate. I have revealed this information, now I shall sleep through what I hope is not my last and crucial hours of life. Goodnight.
Loftwing
Loftwing
Goon
Loftwing
Goon
Goon

Post Post #912 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:19 pm

Post by Loftwing »

Well, I shall take one more action before I sleep. I predict that you will know what it will be.

VOTE: Lowell
FancyPants
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #913 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:39 pm

Post by FancyPants »

In post 911, Loftwing wrote:I suppose I shall claim before my death is finalized.

I am a 1-shot neighborizor, and a secret second role which I will gladly take to the grave. I had no plans to use my ability tonight, as I trust none of you most, although given my revealed status at this point, I feel that, should I survive today, it will be of utmost importance that I neighborize with someone tonight.

Now then, decide my fate. I have revealed this information, now I shall sleep through what I hope is not my last and crucial hours of life. Goodnight.
I've never played with a neighbourizor but it sounds like he can clear himself by talking to someone tonight?

It's not a particularly useful power so it's not a huge loss if he dies, but perhaps it's pointless to take a shot at someone we can probably confirm.

I suppose if he neighbourizes, scum they could lie, I'm not really sure how to approach this.

I've mostly played newbie games with simply roles and semi-open set-ups.

UNVOTE: Loftwing

Just for now I will be online for the next 10 hours, so I am committing to seeing someone lynched, I could live with Eira or Lowell TBH, the latter mostly on PoE, my thoughts on Eira I've already stated clearly.
FancyPants
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #914 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:39 pm

Post by FancyPants »

In post 911, Loftwing wrote:I suppose I shall claim before my death is finalized.

I've never played with a neighbourizor but it sounds like he can clear himself by talking to someone tonight?

It's not a particularly useful power so it's not a huge loss if he dies, but perhaps it's pointless to take a shot at someone we can probably confirm.

I suppose if he neighbourizes, scum they could lie, I'm not really sure how to approach this.

I've mostly played newbie games with simply roles and semi-open set-ups.

UNVOTE: Loftwing

Just for now I will be online for the next 10 hours, so I am committing to seeing someone lynched, I could live with Eira or Lowell TBH, the latter mostly on PoE, my thoughts on Eira I've already stated clearly.
Eiralox
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #915 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:44 pm

Post by Eiralox »

*sigh*

I mean.... my gutfeel is lowell is town. In the end? Either fred or kenny? Shoshin/mala feel green. At this point I feel good abt toffee and toffee feels good about lowell so meh I guess ill VOTE: Fredrick

Do I feel good abt that vote? No. Do I see the need for wagons beside mine and lowells if yall rightly decide to give loft the benefit of the doubt? Yes.

Lowell felt very scummy 2 me at start but now im thinking thats ther abrasive nature, from feels alone I cant vote there. Fred gave me some slack, then shifted to mala to lowell to loft. But freds natures is wavey as toffee rightly notes so idk.... right now I trust toffees judgement way more than cw's.

Meh. Meow. Maaaah.
Eiralox
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #916 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:15 pm

Post by Eiralox »

And if it turns out that look loftwing claim is true trues this wil be my main list of folk that imma scrutinize: Fred, FancyPants, Kenny, Lowell, Malcolm, CW, Irrelephant, Toffee.
FancyPants
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #917 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:57 pm

Post by FancyPants »

After looking up some rules about normals I see that neighbourizer can be a scum aligned role (but is usually pro-town).
I'm looking for guidance from a more experienced player I'm pretty sure is town, so CW or Irrelevant basically, although I'll take input from anyone.
Eiralox
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #918 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2022 11:14 pm

Post by Eiralox »

In post 911, Loftwing wrote: I am a 1-shot neighborizor,
and a secret second role which I will gladly take to the grave.
In post 913, FancyPants wrote:
Fredrick A Campbell
Fredrick A Campbell
Any
Mafia Scum
Fredrick A Campbell
Any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #919 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2022 11:28 pm

Post by Fredrick A Campbell »

By the way, it is only possible to confirm that Loftwing is a neighbouriser, not that Loftwing is town.
Eiralox
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #920 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2022 11:31 pm

Post by Eiralox »

so ur not unvoting? loft claimed a second role. im not gonna speculate whether that's true or what it is but FancyPants in their uncertainty at least unvoted. so i mean it's either shift off loft or have no exe. if ya'll power through and flip loft.... sure, loft can flip scum. but that's not a gamble im at all willing to take after a claim.
FancyPants
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #921 (ISO) » Sat Jul 02, 2022 11:50 pm

Post by FancyPants »

Him claiming a second role is useless because he didn't tell us what it is, I can only operate based on the information in front of me.
Also him having two roles seems kinda weird, it could even be his cheeky way of saying he's a scum neighbouriser.

@Fredrick, I do understand that he might be a scum neighbouriser, but I'd like an informed opinion about the likelihood of that, the likelihood of him having two roles, even just how often scum claim roles in closed set-ups, is it the case that they usually claim roles etc.

For reference, after dwelling on it I'm starting to lean towards just voting Loft again.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #922 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 12:02 am

Scum can be neighbourizer, but as you say, it's usually town aligned.

I see no town reasons for hiding the rest of the claim now. Also, unless the other ability is very specific, my town read on Loft is not as strong.

Either way, can we not do Loft today? Fred or Malcolm are juicy, no? Also, Fred jumping on the Loft wagon as his name starts being spoken about as a potential elim looks fishy, no?
FancyPants
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #923 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 12:05 am

Post by FancyPants »

Can you briefly outline why Fred and Malcom are scummy?
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #924 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 12:06 am

Give me 10-15 mins

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”