Mini Normal 2276: Around the World - Game Over!

scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:33 pm

Post by scamper »

crescent idk how much you even want to talk about it but i hope u can set aside ur feelings of...distate for shoshins play and read the slot independent of that

if she was still in the game i was going to lecture both of u on empathy but it wouldnt feel right to do it now
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:37 pm

Post by Crescent »

In post 574, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 564, scamper wrote:
In post 517, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 515, Shoshin wrote:Gamma, you always misread me for stupid reasons. What are your concerns here?
You’re wishy-washy as fuck here, with no tangible reasons as to why
Also, I don’t take well to this sort of comment. Plus, pretty sure you were scum that I read correctly in A Littls Boonie Told Me
shoshin was far from wishy-washy, i think ur misuing that word, and if u meant that shoshin was rapidly changing stances, i need you to explain why its scum motivated, because i saw it as *far* more likely to be coming from town than not
It feels like her SR on me was reacting to me voicing suspicion of her

Also, my scum MO is to pick side in situations rather arbitrarily vs. fence sitting, at least in early scenarios. So the accusations of me being scummy for saying one of crescent/shoshin were scum doesn’t track with my actual playstyle. As scum I would have most likely just gone after shoshin from the first moment I thought I wanted to act on that.
The SR of Roden came directly from Roden voting her. Instant countervote.

But... I think sitting here trying to figure out a psychotic player that's no longer in the game is bad for both the game and for town in general, especially when we lack information. It could very easily become a distraction and I'd much rather just focus on the replacement.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:37 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 571, scamper wrote:
In post 567, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 555, scamper wrote:i saw but didn't want to comment on shoshin until i was caught up, but *big sigh* at the replace of shoshin, i was p darn sure she was town and page 19 is just very very unpleasant to read

i dont think the way she spitefully 180'ed on a read because of Crescent is something that ever comes from scum here an in general the way she was playing is just completely against what scum does, ever, because she was making enemies of so many people without regard for optics or "consistency"
I don’t feel the same townvibes because I got similar vibes from her that I’ve previously gotten from a different person who
also
tried to whip out that sort of borderline trust tell (and as scum too!) when she was saying I keep reading her wrong
im sorry i think too wrapped up in disliking the play of shoshin to see the motivation behind what she was doing because i think she was acting in a very petty way that is *far* more likely to come from town than scum
I don’t place any value on the petty behavior I think, I’m more interested in her trying to play the same deck as I have seen someone else do multiple times as scum.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:38 pm

Post by Crescent »

In post 575, scamper wrote:crescent idk how much you even want to talk about it but i hope u can set aside ur feelings of...distate for shoshins play and read the slot independent of that

if she was still in the game i was going to lecture both of u on empathy but it wouldnt feel right to do it now
That's exactly what I said I intend to do.

As far as I'm concerned, the best thing for this game in general is to act like Shoshin did not exist and to interact directly with Freedom instead.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:39 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 576, Crescent wrote: The SR of Roden came directly from Roden voting her. Instant countervote.

But... I think sitting here trying to figure out a psychotic player that's no longer in the game is bad for both the game and for town in general, especially when we lack information. It could very easily become a distraction and I'd much rather just focus on the replacement.
You might be right but scamper is trying to advocate a townread on her meltdown and I object based on my own personal history
So at the very least you should also direct that advice in his direction too.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:39 pm

Post by scamper »

In post 574, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 564, scamper wrote:
In post 517, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 515, Shoshin wrote:Gamma, you always misread me for stupid reasons. What are your concerns here?
You’re wishy-washy as fuck here, with no tangible reasons as to why
Also, I don’t take well to this sort of comment. Plus, pretty sure you were scum that I read correctly in A Littls Boonie Told Me
shoshin was far from wishy-washy, i think ur misuing that word, and if u meant that shoshin was rapidly changing stances, i need you to explain why its scum motivated, because i saw it as *far* more likely to be coming from town than not
It feels like her SR on me was reacting to me voicing suspicion of her

Also, my scum MO is to pick side in situations rather arbitrarily vs. fence sitting, at least in early scenarios. So the accusations of me being scummy for saying one of crescent/shoshin were scum doesn’t track with my actual playstyle. As scum I would have most likely just gone after shoshin from the first moment I thought I wanted to act on that.
i mean it *was* in response to you but but it wa because you were staking out a position she saw as scummy...just because you know yourself to be town it doesnt mean she can perfectly assess that and from an outside perspective the way she was cyling through scumreads and looking for people who might be trying to take advantage of the conflict shows a clear solcing mindset, even as she was pushing on crescent she was trying to get her opinion on things and allow for the possibility she was wrong. as it is ur read to begin with didnt have particularly strong reasoning so i entirely get why she would take issue with it. if u can set aside the personal aspect of feeling slighted because her read on you was wrong, i think u should be able to glean the town motivation there
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:40 pm

Post by scamper »

anyway i caught up and heres where im at rn:

Datisi - scum
Bellaphant - scumlean?
Ausuka - town
Crescent - town?
Alexcellent - townlean
JohnnyFarrar - scumlean
Corwinoid - scumlean
Save The Dragons - nulltown
scamper - radiant lodestar of towniness
Roden - townlean
Freedom - town
marcistar - null
Gamma Emerald - town
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:41 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

vote count 1.06

with 13 votes in play, it takes 7 to make a decision. day 1 ends in (expired on 2022-07-12 12:00:00).

yeet
Alexcellent[3]:
Ausuka, Datisi, Roden
Datisi[3]:
Freedom, Marcistar, Scamper
Freedom[2]:
Save the Dragons, Gamma Emerald

Not Voting[5]:
Corwinoid, Crescent, JohnnyFarrar, Bellaphant, Alexcellent

mod note
reminder to please be respectful of other players, even if they are not in the game. thanks

FlavorImage
Last edited by PookyTheMagicalBear on Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:43 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

who tf says “radiant lodestar” lmao
Also my scum feelings on shoshin were never based on feeling slighted so I would rather you not attempt to discredit me like so.
<Embrace The Void>

scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:45 pm

Post by scamper »

ok well then walk me through it

you said that you thought there was one between shoshin/crescent at first - why did you think that was the case?
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:46 pm

Post by Crescent »

I actually Googled Radiant Lodestar wondering if it was some kind of reference.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:49 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Their fight didn’t feel like either one was making wholly solid points, it felt like a mud wrestling match how dirty they both felt
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:49 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 585, Crescent wrote:I actually Googled Radiant Lodestar wondering if it was some kind of reference.
It’s just another way to say “shining beacon” :)
<Embrace The Void>

Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:51 pm

Post by Crescent »

And on the note about Corwin going after SYD's VLA... That VLA was made at virtually the start of the game, in post #56. It kinda ended up a little bit irrelevant anyway because SYD has still been around and posting, albeit at a low clip (Tied with Bella for lowest poster). I don't really understand the basis behind attacking it. It feels kinda dirty.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:55 pm

Post by Crescent »

In post 586, Gamma Emerald wrote:Their fight didn’t feel like either one was making wholly solid points, it felt like a mud wrestling match how dirty they both felt
It's hard to make anything solid against a player who's "reads" are so fickle that you can never pressure them on any of them (The last person to question them on a "read" was
instantly voted
for it). All you can do is point out how obscenely anti-town said player is being and hope others see it.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:57 pm

Post by Crescent »

In post 587, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 585, Crescent wrote:I actually Googled Radiant Lodestar wondering if it was some kind of reference.
It’s just another way to say “shining beacon” :)
I'm a kitten with shiny hair who likes shiny things because what kitten doesn't like shiny things?
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 2:58 pm

Post by scamper »

In post 586, Gamma Emerald wrote:Their fight didn’t feel like either one was making wholly solid points, it felt like a mud wrestling match how dirty they both felt
does that necessitate one being scum tho? if theyre *both* not making solid points and one is probably town then i dont see why the other cant be. at least thats how messy tvts feels most of the time, like both ppl involved are more concerned with wanting to "win" the argument over making sense. i think a lot of shoshins attacks were kinda rude and personally uncalled for but at the same time they are ones i struggle to see scum making...i didnt like crescent at first but as things wore on i got to see that she was just someone who was playstyle clashing very hard
Alexcellent
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:45 pm

Post by Alexcellent »

In post 570, Crescent wrote:Interesting. The only comment I'm making on it is that the fairest thing for the spirit of the game to do now is to play that slot like the new person has always occupied it, so that's what I'm going to do.

I was
trying
to sleep, but someone's decided to shoot off a billion fireworks. I guess Imma get myself caught up on this and maybe they'll be spent by the time I'm done.
Yeah I'm not going to pretend like Shoshin and their 72 posts never existed regardless of how they exited the game
Freedom
Freedom
he/him, they/them
Mafia Scum
Freedom
he/him, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him, they/them

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:48 pm

Post by Freedom »

In post 588, Crescent wrote:And on the note about Corwin going after SYD's VLA... That VLA was made at virtually the start of the game, in post #56. It kinda ended up a little bit irrelevant anyway because SYD has still been around and posting, albeit at a low clip (Tied with Bella for lowest poster). I don't really understand the basis behind attacking it. It feels kinda dirty.
I agree.
STD made a brilliant take in which I don't think that he'll ever post as scum.
Though, I know that he's wrong on who scum is in our hood.
JohnnyFarrar
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:50 pm

Post by JohnnyFarrar »

I prolly shoulda gone VLA for the holiday weekend, wasn't expecting it to be so busy. Oops.

I'm laying down now, will be around for a while to catch up and chat if anyone's on
Phone posting. Low effort, big fun.
"In my heart, Johnny will always be scum" - Not_Mafia
Alexcellent
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:52 pm

Post by Alexcellent »

In post 554, scamper wrote:
In post 433, Alexcellent wrote:
In post 41, Datisi wrote:VOTE: marci

i think ausuka is town for the simple reason i've never seen scum claim miller and i'm running with it until proven otherwise
In post 66, Datisi wrote:still think marci is scum and i'll be looking at everyone who is ignoring weighing in on this discussion

Been feeling town on Datisi based largely on posts like these. Second post read as though he's trying to force activity and discussion and prevent people from ignoring the whole Ausuka/Marci thing, which felt pro-town to me.
Gut feeling is also that I don't think scum immediately calls Ausuka's claim town but maybe I'm bad at scum.

Happy to be corrected though

P-edit: l-word brah
my problem is these are posts from the first 3 pages of the game and since then hes done not much at all, and while you could probably say that about half the players in the game i dont particularly find it towny...
I mean yeah that's true, it isn't a very early read so nothing solid but everything else from him has mostly felt null since then. I don't have any meta with him though so I don't know what to expect from him.
In post 581, scamper wrote:anyway i caught up and heres where im at rn:

Datisi - scum
Bellaphant - scumlean?
Ausuka - town
Crescent - town?
Alexcellent - townlean
JohnnyFarrar - scumlean
Corwinoid - scumlean
Save The Dragons - nulltown
scamper - radiant lodestar of towniness
Roden - townlean
Freedom - town
marcistar - null
Gamma Emerald - town
I actually vibe with this list for the most part
Are you buying Bella's "I have a slightly odd role" post?
JohnnyFarrar
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:57 pm

Post by JohnnyFarrar »

Prolly taking Crescent off the table Today for , pretty townie
Alexcellent
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 3:58 pm

Post by Alexcellent »

In post 476, Bellaphant wrote:Wow, that's a lot of words about me.

I'm just really busy this weekend, I'm not all over the thread in a way id like so I am just trying to find town today.

With the 'i buy ausaks's claim', I think it would be easy to infer that I've had a slightly odd role pm - it looks like there a few odd things in this game, so of course I'm going to then be more acceptig of theirs, even more so when backed up by a weird neighbourhood/where the roles aren't defined.

It's super weird how many words there have been about me with very little ...reason? It feels like busy work
In post 519, Bellaphant wrote:@aus, I didn't want to, I assumed people would infer enough and back off and instead people repeatedly didn't read my answer, got pissed with u fy pointing it out and still wouldn't stop a fuss over nothing. Apart from you it's made everyone involved, even crescent, look scummy to me
I mean you still didn't really have to semi-claim that or infer anything in the first place

"Slightly odd role PM" doesn't really indicate alignment, but I thiiiink 519 is more likely to come from annoyed town
JohnnyFarrar
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:03 pm

Post by JohnnyFarrar »

Woah neighborhood claim outta nowhere
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:05 pm

Post by Crescent »

In post 596, JohnnyFarrar wrote:Prolly taking Crescent off the table Today for , pretty townie
No one else has even mentioned this post that I can remember.

Why does it stick out to you?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”