PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1825 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:31 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

I legit don't know if there is a wolf in ShadyKrew at all. I'm much more comfortable taking a shot in the TownBlock.

This just feels like you want to do scumtheatre with Arete and then let him go and go straight for the LHF pile again

which is pretty much what you said Wolves should be doing
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
staypositivefriend
staypositivefriend
Goon
staypositivefriend
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1826 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:33 pm

Post by staypositivefriend »

In post 1824, Arete Lastname wrote:
In post 1821, staypositivefriend wrote:gth i think that n_m is actually more likely to be a wolf than penguin (assuming there's only one between them) and the only thing throwing me off about that is pooky saying he thinks nm is town lol
why

(to the first part not the second)
i think n_m is more actively wolfy and incomprehensible than penguin (ie: his push on the sabi/brad slot) and in a world where ur a wolf, i also think that your interactions with n_m are more likely to be partner indicative than penguin's lol
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1827 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:33 pm

In post 1746, staypositivefriend wrote:if i operate under the assumption that the wolfteam is probably going to be focused on killing the mafia (and vice versa), it actually makes it >rand unlikely that the wolves are contained within the people directly pushing on me. this is because from the perspective of the wolves, i am obviously not mafia, since i'm not stupid enough to hardbus ydrasse when it would be much more optimal for me to try to hunt for the wolves instead

like you literally said this is the wolf agenda

and you/arete only make modest distancy pokes at each other without actually voting each other

and you both want to lim in shadykrew

so there's no reason you can't be the wolf team with arete
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
staypositivefriend
staypositivefriend
Goon
staypositivefriend
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1828 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:34 pm

In post 1825, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:I legit don't know if there is a wolf in ShadyKrew at all. I'm much more comfortable taking a shot in the TownBlock.

This just feels like you want to do scumtheatre with Arete and then let him go and go straight for the LHF pile again

ok but there's obviously a wolf in the shadykrew from my perspective, so why is it wolfy that i want to kill between them? u can be paranoid about the townblock all you want but it's obvious from my vantage point that there needs to be at least 1 within penguin/n_m

but yeah im doing scum theater with arete tbh
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1829 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:34 pm

In post 1825, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:I legit don't know if there is a wolf in ShadyKrew at all. I'm much more comfortable taking a shot in the TownBlock.

This just feels like you want to do scumtheatre with Arete and then let *them* go and go straight for the LHF pile again

fix'd pronoun sorry arete
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
staypositivefriend
staypositivefriend
Goon
staypositivefriend
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1830 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:35 pm

In post 1827, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 1746, staypositivefriend wrote:if i operate under the assumption that the wolfteam is probably going to be focused on killing the mafia (and vice versa), it actually makes it >rand unlikely that the wolves are contained within the people directly pushing on me. this is because from the perspective of the wolves, i am obviously not mafia, since i'm not stupid enough to hardbus ydrasse when it would be much more optimal for me to try to hunt for the wolves instead

like you literally said this is the wolf agenda

and you/arete only make modest distancy pokes at each other without actually voting each other

and you both want to lim in shadykrew

so there's no reason you can't be the wolf team with arete
????? i said that the wolf agenda is going to be focused on snuffing out the mafia team as quickly as possible, not that the wolf agenda is going to be focused on killing between not_mafia and penguin power. did u read my post correctly?
Arete Lastname
Arete Lastname
They/Them
Goon
Arete Lastname
They/Them
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #1831 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:36 pm

Post by Arete Lastname »

In post 1829, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:

This just feels like you want to do scumtheatre with Arete and then let *them* go and go straight for the LHF pile again

fix'd pronoun sorry arete
all good I'm kind of used to it lol
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1832 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:36 pm

In post 1828, staypositivefriend wrote:

ok but there's obviously a wolf in the shadykrew from my perspective, so why is it wolfy that i want to kill between them? u can be paranoid about the townblock all you want but it's obvious from my vantage point that there needs to be at least 1 within penguin/n_m

I don't have your perspective.

I only have my perspective.

I am fairly sure shadyKrew is mostly mafia because of incentive structure in the game and how yesterday played out

I know ydra is yeeted mafia, the people who want her dead are the wolves, therefore they are in the townbloc, that's just basic VCA. I am going to hunt for wolves in the townblok

people in the townblok who come up with convoluted reasons to pretend everything is a-ok and the wolves are in the shady part of the town are probly just wolves trying to yeet mafia so I'm fine yeeting them.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1833 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:37 pm

In post 1830, staypositivefriend wrote:????? i said that the wolf agenda is going to be focused on snuffing out the mafia team as quickly as possible, not that the wolf agenda is going to be focused on killing between not_mafia and penguin power. did u read my post correctly?
NM/PenguinPower/STD have the highest mafia equity in the game period. 2/3 of them are likely mafia

you want to kill in that group

that's you hunting for mafia under the veneer of hunting for wolf

the same thing you just accused Arete of doing not even 15 minutes ago
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1834 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:38 pm

You claim you are "cleared" because Arete pushed you

I do not see Arete voting for you

I just see Distancing bullshit
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
staypositivefriend
staypositivefriend
Goon
staypositivefriend
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1835 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:38 pm

In post 1832, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 1828, staypositivefriend wrote:

I don't have your perspective.

I only have my perspective.

I am fairly sure shadyKrew is mostly mafia because of incentive structure in the game and how yesterday played out

I know ydra is yeeted mafia, the people who want her dead are the wolves, therefore they are in the townbloc, that's just basic VCA. I am going to hunt for wolves in the townblok

people in the townblok who come up with convoluted reasons to pretend everything is a-ok and the wolves are in the shady part of the town are probly just wolves trying to yeet mafia so I'm fine yeeting them.
and i'm fairly sure based on basic gamestate analysis that there needs to be at least one wolf within not mafia and penguin power and ive outlined my reasons for thinking so in excruciating detail

so, it's disingenious for you to act like im trying to "pretend that everything is a-ok" in the townblok when in reality i just want to find the obvious wolf and kill them so that i can win the game more easily and so that i can increase my chances of not dying today
Arete Lastname
Arete Lastname
They/Them
Goon
Arete Lastname
They/Them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1836 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:38 pm

Post by Arete Lastname »

In post 1826, staypositivefriend wrote:
In post 1824, Arete Lastname wrote:
In post 1821, staypositivefriend wrote:gth i think that n_m is actually more likely to be a wolf than penguin (assuming there's only one between them) and the only thing throwing me off about that is pooky saying he thinks nm is town lol
why

(to the first part not the second)
i think n_m is more actively wolfy and incomprehensible than penguin (ie: his push on the sabi/brad slot) and in a world where ur a wolf, i also think that your interactions with n_m are more likely to be partner indicative than penguin's lol
idt the push on Braddra makes them wolf-as-opposed-to-mafia, they don't seem like a player whose read accuracy is alignment indicative
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1837 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:38 pm

I do not care how much shade Arete throws at you.

they could drive by your house with a dump truck of manure and dump it all over your front door if they aren't voting for you then it's all fake
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1838 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:39 pm

In post 1835, staypositivefriend wrote:so, it's disingenious for you to act like im trying to "pretend that everything is a-ok" in the townblok when in reality i just want to find the obvious wolf and kill them so that i can win the game more easily and so that i can increase my chances of not dying today
if you are town it is much easier for you to hunt for wolf in the townblock rather than hunt for wolf in the shadykrew

your entire trajectory is nonsensical to me and I refuse to accept you pushing in shadykrew

I compromised yesterday and it got us nowhere, I am not repeating the mistake again today
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Arete Lastname
Arete Lastname
They/Them
Goon
Arete Lastname
They/Them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1839 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:40 pm

Post by Arete Lastname »

personally I am totally happy with yeeting SPF today!

I am mildly uncomfortable with putting them at E-1 although I acknowledge she was there earlier and nothing happened
Arete Lastname
Arete Lastname
They/Them
Goon
Arete Lastname
They/Them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1840 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:41 pm

Post by Arete Lastname »

that's a lie I'm not 'happy' with it it will probably cause me to feel sad even if it's right 'cause it means I had her and then let her go

but 'willing to go for it' yes
staypositivefriend
staypositivefriend
Goon
staypositivefriend
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1841 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:41 pm

i do think it's possible that arete could be town and that the team is n_m/penguin because the reasoning for thinking otherwise hinges on the idea that both teams played totally optimally, which is not a guarantee in a setup where only like 20% of people ae actually paying attention to the game. however, gth, i do think it's more likely than not that the exact solve is arete + one of penguin/n_m, which is the exact solve ive been repping since i started posting a few hours ago

at any rate, it's almost guaranteed that there's at least one wolf between not_mafia and penguin power, so why would i not be interested in trying to solve between them today? this forces arete (if they are a wolf) to take a stance that might be uncomfortable for them to take, and it increases the chances that i survive the day and am not the designated mischop, and me not getting chopped today raises the town equity for everyone here. it's the smart thing to do from both a solving POV and a survival POV

so you can theorize that im partnered with arete and trying to "protect" them if u really want, but dont act like it doesnt make complete and total sense for me to want to resolve between n_m/penguin from my current perspective
staypositivefriend
staypositivefriend
Goon
staypositivefriend
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1842 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:42 pm

In post 1839, Arete Lastname wrote:personally I am totally happy with yeeting SPF today!

I am mildly uncomfortable with putting them at E-1 although I acknowledge she was there earlier and nothing happened
yeah and that's probably because youre a wolf and dont want to be forced to bus ur partner today lol

and this is also why im probably going to get chopped if i try to push on you, since people are lazy and just gonna default to voting for me instead of actually trying to read my posts even though im towntelling out of my ass right now
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1843 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:43 pm

ok SPF tell me how Arete/You are Town/Town SabiHydra is town and I'm town, r u saying Catboi is scum?
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
staypositivefriend
staypositivefriend
Goon
staypositivefriend
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1844 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:43 pm

In post 1833, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 1830, staypositivefriend wrote:????? i said that the wolf agenda is going to be focused on snuffing out the mafia team as quickly as possible, not that the wolf agenda is going to be focused on killing between not_mafia and penguin power. did u read my post correctly?
NM/PenguinPower/STD have the highest mafia equity in the game period. 2/3 of them are likely mafia

you want to kill in that group

that's you hunting for mafia under the veneer of hunting for wolf

the same thing you just accused Arete of doing not even 15 minutes ago
no i want to kill specifically within penguin/STD, which is probably 50% mafia and 50% wolf. shockingly, this is because i want to kill the wolves
staypositivefriend
staypositivefriend
Goon
staypositivefriend
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1845 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:44 pm

In post 1843, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:ok SPF tell me how Arete/You are Town/Town SabiHydra is town and I'm town, r u saying Catboi is scum?
no in a world where you/me/arete/sabihydra are town, the exact team is probably not_mafia and penguinpower

there's an outside chance of catboi snowing all of us i guess but i dont really think it's the case rn
staypositivefriend
staypositivefriend
Goon
staypositivefriend
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1846 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:45 pm

In post 1838, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 1835, staypositivefriend wrote:so, it's disingenious for you to act like im trying to "pretend that everything is a-ok" in the townblok when in reality i just want to find the obvious wolf and kill them so that i can win the game more easily and so that i can increase my chances of not dying today
if you are town it is much easier for you to hunt for wolf in the townblock rather than hunt for wolf in the shadykrew

your entire trajectory is nonsensical to me and I refuse to accept you pushing in shadykrew

I compromised yesterday and it got us nowhere, I am not repeating the mistake again today
it makes perfect sense and it's not my problem if u arent able to accept the reasons why i want to kill within not_mafia/penguin just because ur paranoid that im partnered with arete
Arete Lastname
Arete Lastname
They/Them
Goon
Arete Lastname
They/Them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1847 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:45 pm

Post by Arete Lastname »

In post 1845, staypositivefriend wrote:
In post 1843, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:ok SPF tell me how Arete/You are Town/Town SabiHydra is town and I'm town, r u saying Catboi is scum?
no in a world where you/me/arete/sabihydra are town, the exact team is probably not_mafia and penguinpower

there's an outside chance of catboi snowing all of us i guess but i dont really think it's the case rn
he's asking who the mafia are in that world
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1848 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:45 pm

there's no way catboi is mafia with ydrasse and ATEs his ass off just to bus her instead and end up in the exact same position that's ridiculous
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
staypositivefriend
staypositivefriend
Goon
staypositivefriend
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1849 (ISO) » Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:46 pm

chopping within nm/penguin today increases the odds that i dont die today (which is optimal for town), increases the odds that i spew myself as town by pushing on the wolf between them (which is optimal for town), and increases the odds that arete is forced to make the tough choice between bussing or protecting their partner (which is also optimal for town)

but yeah i just want to hunt for the mafia tbh!!! look at me being nefarious and underhanded

Return to “Completed Open Games”