Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2022 2:06 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 431, MalcolmTucker wrote: Luke doesn't strike me as the type of player to go after if you're scum wanting to appear busy.
I have never played with Rad before, so he really only had this game to base that decision on. And I have been pretty tame this game if I do say so myself.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2022 2:10 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 445, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:oh snap forgot to add my main man Pengy

he should be on there I think.

Cult Recruitment Drive 1.0:

Pengy
Dunnstral
Malcolm
Bell
Klick
Cat Scratch Fever
Toogeloo

If you're on the above list, congrats you received a Townread of DUBIOUS accuracy and I will be recruiting you into my awesome cult for at least today.

This will entitle you to the following perks:

(1) Your choice of COLOR in the OFFICIAL PAGETOP SCOREBOARD
(2) A Nickname picked out by me[Please let me know if you want to opt out or if you do not like your nickname]
(3) Extremely well written fanfiction about your exploits on the Island[Please let me know if you want to opt out]
(4) Premium Front Row Seats to a Day One Bandwagon of Pooky's Choice[First Come First Serve, Suggestions Welcome!]
(5) Your profile picture edited into memes that may or may not accurately represent things that happened in the game.
I demand access to the cult.

Hell, you already put a nickname for me on the page top scoreboard, so I'm feel like I should already be in there by default.

Thank you for your understanding.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2022 2:16 am

Post by Frogsterking »

is making me lean towards Malcolm and I being TvT. I'll just swallow my pride now and get it over with.

UNVOTE: Malcolm

I see a similar situation coming with Off the Hook, who CSF is townsending, so I'm sticking my vote here:

VOTE: Bellaphant

Johnny is next in line if they fail to elaborate their naked vote on me.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2022 2:19 am

Post by Lukewarm »

I also didn't really care for Bella's recent postings.

She can be on the list of people that I am willing to vote today.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2022 2:23 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 478, Lukewarm wrote:I also didn't really care for Bella's recent postings.

She can be on the list of people that I am willing to vote today.
Do you have any problems with my Town list in , Luke?
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2022 2:29 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 466, Frogsterking wrote:Pooky
Penguin
Dunnstral
The toad
Luke
Rad
Tbone
CSF
Klick

I think are all Town.
This is not similar to my own townreads.

Penguin and Dunn have both hit the "good enough for Day 1" threshold for me.

Pooky is hard for me to be confident on, but I can totally see why someone would town read pooky here. I am hesitantly leaning that way too.

The Toad, TBone, CSF, and Klick are all slots that I have had little to no thoughts about so far.

I scum read Rad.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2022 2:31 am

Post by Lukewarm »

I am roughtly at

Malakittens
Toogeloo
PookyTheMagicalBear
MalcolmTucker
Off the Hook (Gamma Emerald and Marcistar)
PenguinPower1928
Bell
Dunnstral

Being Town enough for Day 1
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2022 2:51 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 445, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:Cult Recruitment Drive 1.0:

Pengy
Dunnstral
Malcolm
Bell
Klick
Cat Scratch Fever
Toogeloo

If you're on the above list, congrats you received a Townread of DUBIOUS accuracy and I will be recruiting you into my awesome cult for at least today.
How reliable are your Bell townreads in particular? I don't trust myself enough to place them one way or the other; I don't know what their scum game entails.

PEdit:

Thank you for responding, Luke.

I think Toogle, Bell, Malcolm and Off the Hook are being townread enough by my own townreads to take them off my PoE.

I have played scum with scum!Mala and town with scum!Mala and I admit their start seems a little different in this game.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2022 2:58 am

Post by Dunnstral »

Don't sleep on Bell scum. That guy is capable of anything as scum and I suspect that he makes 'villain poses' when typing things out as mafia as a sort of psychological thing to hype himself up. I wouldn't be surprised if Bell ended up as the last mafia alive here after a series of calculated buses on his own team to gain favor with the town. You really can't let your guard down around him and it deeply concerning that a streak of town games from Bell has all but blinded many to the danger that is scum Bell. Like a shark attack that is feared but only very rarely happens, but once the scum Bell jaws close around you it's too late.
Rad
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:01 am

Post by Rad »

In post 483, Dunnstral wrote:Don't sleep on Bell scum. That guy is capable of anything as scum and I suspect that he makes 'villain poses' when typing things out as mafia as a sort of psychological thing to hype himself up. I wouldn't be surprised if Bell ended up as the last mafia alive here after a series of calculated buses on his own team to gain favor with the town. You really can't let your guard down around him and it deeply concerning that a streak of town games from Bell has all but blinded many to the danger that is scum Bell. Like a shark attack that is feared but only very rarely happens, but once the scum Bell jaws close around you it's too late.
This was funny but now I distrust Bell because of it. Was this your intent?
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:02 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 483, Dunnstral wrote:You really can't let your guard down around him and it deeply concerning that a streak of town games from Bell has all but blinded many to the danger that is scum Bell. Like a shark attack that is feared but only very rarely happens, but once the scum Bell jaws close around you it's too late.
I was wondering if this was the case.

Is there anyone here that you trust yet, Dunn?
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:10 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 474, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 428, MalcolmTucker wrote:
In post 208, Bell wrote:Malcolm, what's up?
How are you? Are you still getting eliminated every day 1?
How has all of the being eliminated effecting your playstyle this game or how do you predict it will if at all?
I've actually never been eliminated D1! As a general rule when I'm town I manage to get through the first day, but after that I'm sometimes eliminated. Either way I tend not to let it impact my playstyle all that much - I wouldn't even say I have that much of a specific playstyle for the most part, I simply analyse and try to find connections between different players but tend to be pretty uncertain in how I approach the game.
I kinda like this post as coming from a town mindset for Malcolm.

Because several of us here know he was eliminated day 1 as scum in the Web of Lies games (and is what Bell is refering to here I believe).

But he didn't even think of that game. His thoughts went to "I never get
mis
eliminated day 1." And [I'm town this game, so I am immediately comparing this game to my other town games] feels like a genuine thought process. While I would kinda expect scum!Malcolm to be more aware of the scum game where he crashed and burned
To be fair I forget about that game quite often because I was a replacement and rather infamously managed to immediately out myself as scum within about 10 mins.
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:12 am

Post by Enchant »

Scumclaim TAS Speedrun.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:15 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 477, Frogsterking wrote: is making me lean towards Malcolm and I being TvT. I'll just swallow my pride now and get it over with.

I see a similar situation coming with Off the Hook, who CSF is townsending, so I'm sticking my vote here:

I do like that you're willing to explore new ideas but do find your read on me changing to be a big leap from where you were "confident" I was scum after just a handful of posts.
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:16 am

Post by Enchant »

Imo if i didn't hit your top townread already, then you are mafia or for certain throwing game, and i gonna snitch on you to GODS, so last thing you see is laser from sky immolating your sorry ass from this topic.
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:20 am

Post by T-Bone »

In post 464, Cytosine and Guanine wrote:
In post 463, T-Bone wrote:
In post 421, Cytosine and Guanine wrote:STD said signatures don't count.
:lol:

What a fake post restriction if I've ever saw one.
Which part?
If signatures don't count, why not use them every post? In the very few posts you've made I don't feel like you've been either careful with your words or consistent in your application. It looks like to me you're making it up on the fly (or that you and your partner didn't agree how to fake the restriction).

I'm skeptical for other reasons that I'll discuss with the other players, but we can start there.

Look, I am aware that if the restriction is real I risk wasting your word counts or whatever, and you're limited in your ability to explain... :left: but how everyone else reacted is exactly how you would want if you were faking a restriction. Sorry, thems the breaks.
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:27 am

Post by T-Bone »

I guess for everyone else. I'm sorry for metagaming a bit but I am hugely skeptical of a 100 word post restriction in a 26 player game on Day 1. There's no way for that player to communicate, and I'm not even sure that they could make enough posts to meet the minimum post requirement in a 14 day phase AND effectively play with us. Plus we are on pace for at least 100 pages. That's 1 word per page lolol

Already Cyto/Guan are applying the restriction inconsistency. Sure, it's possible a hydra would do that. I suspect it's because they didn't nail down exactly how they would fake it.

I also think that faking a post restriction, especially one about communication, is a safe Day 1 move. I can pressure them, others can pressure them, and they already have a built in excuse to ignore it.

/inb4boneisscumforlowhangingfruit

PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:30 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

i agree that it seems fake af but have u ever played with rh9

that dude loves to talk. literally nonstop all the time. i dont understand he would decide to fake a pr that limits his ability to talk. it feels super anti fun.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:39 am

Post by Frogsterking »

Enchant, Ceph, Johnny, BlueBlooded, Bella, C&G, Galron, Dwlee, Corwin, Roden, DancingPuppets

are where I'm most expecting to get a successful D1 hit, based on PoE combined from myself and the players I (relatively) trust.

Right now I'm most interested in any takes which can help narrow down that pool of 11, including elaboration from those players themselves.

PEdit:

If Rh9 rolled scum and they love to talk then they can talk in the scum PT.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:44 am

Post by Frogsterking »

I want to add that in addition to the C&G slot, DancingPuppets and Bellaphant also have made excuses for lying low.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:59 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 488, MalcolmTucker wrote:
In post 477, Frogsterking wrote: is making me lean towards Malcolm and I being TvT. I'll just swallow my pride now and get it over with.

I do like that you're willing to explore new ideas but do find your read on me changing to be a big leap from where you were "confident" I was scum after just a handful of posts.
I'm reading your stubbornness as unhelpful and more likely to come from town than scum.
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2022 4:03 am

Post by Enchant »

Did you just pull all lurkers in list.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2022 4:03 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 495, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 488, MalcolmTucker wrote:

I'm reading your stubbornness as unhelpful and more likely to come from town than scum.
And yes, it was foolish/impatient/impulsive of me to say that I was confident you were scum so early, only to change my mind a few posts later.
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2022 4:06 am

Post by T-Bone »

In post 492, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:i agree that it seems fake af but have u ever played with rh9

that dude loves to talk. literally nonstop all the time. i dont understand he would decide to fake a pr that limits his ability to talk. it feels super anti fun.
Yeah but I believe both players are cerebral enough to come up with this.

T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Thu Jul 07, 2022 4:07 am

Post by T-Bone »

It being non-fun is a good point I hadn't considered though.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”