Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1025 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2022 4:03 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 1021, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:VOTE: Frog
That's one naked vote too many.

VOTE: BBT

I imagine my wagon looks like a convenient place to park a vote right now and BBT is pretty, you know, not present in the game.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
Rad
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #1026 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2022 4:04 am

Post by Rad »

In post 1024, Galron wrote:
In post 817, Rad wrote:@Galron - Based on your experience with Roden, is "Can we please scum read each other?" something you think would be risky to say to Roden as scum!Galron? Do you believe this statement from Roden?
Roden is going to scum read me regardless so I don't know. What would it mean to you if I said yes? What if I said no?
Roden seemed to have some insight into you, so I wanted to see what kind of insight you had in him. I don't think a "yes" or "no" means anything specific here. Just wondered what kind of reaction you'd get out of that.
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1027 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2022 4:10 am

Post by Galron »

In post 1026, Rad wrote:
In post 1024, Galron wrote:
In post 817, Rad wrote:@Galron - Based on your experience with Roden, is "Can we please scum read each other?" something you think would be risky to say to Roden as scum!Galron? Do you believe this statement from Roden?
Roden is going to scum read me regardless so I don't know. What would it mean to you if I said yes? What if I said no?
Roden seemed to have some insight into you, so I wanted to see what kind of insight you had in him. I don't think a "yes" or "no" means anything specific here. Just wondered what kind of reaction you'd get out of that.
We seem to scum read each other in about every game. But as I was skimming I saw something were he said he has had some irl changes that have affectied his mafia play. So maybe that isn't valid any longe.r
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1028 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2022 4:12 am

Post by Galron »

I don't necessaritly view it as an empty question like he did, but when I'm asked for self-meta I get a funny feeling I"m bein g played. csf did it earlieer and now you.
Rad
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1029 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2022 4:18 am

Post by Rad »

Yeah I hear you Galron. I kinda like that paranoia from you here, reads townie to me. He made a pretty specific meta call on you, so I wanted to see what you thought of it. Maybe nothing comes out of it, maybe you find the call strange, maybe you find it totally accurate, maybe you read me scum for asking it. All potentially good content.

He viewed it as an empty question, you didn't. So I get to chew on that some.
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1030 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2022 4:26 am

Post by Galron »

In post 941, Bell wrote:I don't recall saying that Corwin was lying. I never think a person is lying about their circumstances nor do I doubt them. They can just be scum while also dealing with life stuff.

I also don't see how Corwin being eliminated now would be a bad thing beyond a loss of information this day phase. It is not something that is fundamentally bad to be voted out in a game of mafia.
It would be good to have information rather than a senseless death no?
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1031 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2022 4:27 am

Post by T-Bone »

In post 866, Dancing Puppets wrote:
In post 847, Bell wrote:More corwinoid votes for saying they were gunna catch up and then never catching up.
Lim all liars.
In post 640, Corwinoid wrote:I'm sorry everyone, I've been our the last day and a half with some unexpected family issues, I'm catching up now.
@Bell are you seriously kidding me?
VOTE: Bell

Ezclap
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #1032 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2022 4:37 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

Taly replaces Toogeloo
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #1033 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2022 4:39 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

Flavor

Iteration 17294530 : "If anybody can hear this, they are dead. Please help us. I'll try to make it to the Black Rock. It [or he] killed them. It [or he] killed them all."

Vote Count 1.166 Frogsterking (JohnnyFarrar, Roden, Cephrir, Lukewarm, Galron, BlueBloodedToffee)

3 BlueBloodedToffee (Dunnstral, Cat Scratch Fever, Frogsterking)

2 Galron (Bellaphant, The toad)
2 T-Bone (PenguinPower, Enchant)

1 Cephrir (PookyTheMagicalBear)
1 The toad (Rad)
1 Dancing Puppets (Malakittens)
1 Rad (Off the Hook)
1 Bell (T-Bone)
1 Dwlee99 (Bell)

Not Voting (Dancing Puppets, Taly, MalcolmTucker, Corwinoid, Cytosine and Guanine, Klick, Dwlee99)

With 26 alive, it takes 14 to yeet.

Deadline: (expired on 2022-07-18 12:42:51)

Mod NotesTaly replaces Toogeloo
Last edited by Save The Dragons on Fri Jul 08, 2022 5:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #1034 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2022 4:42 am

Post by T-Bone »

Low blow post on a VLA player aside, I feel a lot of manipulation coming from Bell's posts in the last 12 hours. Galton so helpfully quotes 941 for example. Bell is recanting now that there's pushback. Bell very clearly stated Corwin was lying about catching up. But in 941 we retcon to "oh well Corwin could just be scum because of random draw". (I am paraphrasing) Yeah, no shit. Then it's 'no big deal if we eliminate a content less player'. What a goalpost shift if I've ever saw one.

I'm also starting to find the way Bell decides whom to think could be scum or town to be arbitrary. I get that Bell is a meta player, and it's well documented I think meta is trash... but I feel Bell has applied this inconsistently thus far. Maybe someone else who feels like they use meta can comment on this. Some players get meta dives, some players get recollections from previous games, and some players Bell just takes someone else's word for it. I understand that not all 25 player slots can be treated equally 48 hours into the game. What Bell does feels to me more like just searching for an elimination for the sake of an elimination, rather than for the sake of eliminating scum. I know Bell has already said to the effect that he'll support any lim that isn't him but that's not really a defense for scummy behavior, just an excuse. It's way too early in the day phase for that.

The tl;dr is come to my aid trash meta users :p

Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1035 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2022 4:58 am

Post by Cephrir »

VOTE: BBT

wake up
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #1036 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2022 5:02 am

Post by PenguinPower »

VOTE: bbt
<(") | (")>
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #1037 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2022 5:04 am

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 999, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 987, Cephrir wrote:
In post 986, Frogsterking wrote:Nope, you asked and I answered. Posting style changes = meds wore off = probably an increase of "grenade style" posting like Bell was describing, among other things.
pooky are you still sure this is scum because im not
I wouldn't like bet a kidney on it.

I don't see anything he's posted that makes me think oh yea this is town Frogster.
so why aren't you voting there, partner?
<(") | (")>
Corwinoid
Corwinoid
Goon
Corwinoid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1038 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2022 5:09 am

Post by Corwinoid »

In post 1034, T-Bone wrote:I understand that not all 25 player slots can be treated equally 48 hours into the game.
Wow, I didn't realize we were only 48 hours in. It feels like it's been a lot longer than that for me.

And yeah, Bell, I fell asleep reading last night, sorry for being human.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1039 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2022 5:11 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1034, T-Bone wrote:Low blow post on a VLA player aside, I feel a lot of manipulation coming from Bell's posts in the last 12 hours. Galton so helpfully quotes 941 for example. Bell is recanting now that there's pushback. Bell very clearly stated Corwin was lying about catching up. But in 941 we retcon to "oh well Corwin could just be scum because of random draw". (I am paraphrasing) Yeah, no shit. Then it's 'no big deal if we eliminate a content less player'. What a goalpost shift if I've ever saw one.

I'm also starting to find the way Bell decides whom to think could be scum or town to be arbitrary. I get that Bell is a meta player, and it's well documented I think meta is trash... but I feel Bell has applied this inconsistently thus far. Maybe someone else who feels like they use meta can comment on this. Some players get meta dives, some players get recollections from previous games, and some players Bell just takes someone else's word for it. I understand that not all 25 player slots can be treated equally 48 hours into the game. What Bell does feels to me more like just searching for an elimination for the sake of an elimination, rather than for the sake of eliminating scum. I know Bell has already said to the effect that he'll support any lim that isn't him but that's not really a defense for scummy behavior, just an excuse. It's way too early in the day phase for that.

All in all, I think that Bell is town so far.

Bell Alignment Flow ChartDoes Bell have more posts then me this game?

If yes->Town
If no-> Scum

That is a hyperbole, but the fact that he is the number two poster this game is a good sign for him in my opinion. Also tone stuff makes me think town.
I know Bell has already said to the effect that he'll support any lim that isn't him but that's not really a defense for scummy behavior, just an excuse. It's way too early in the day phase for that.
This line in particular feels like you read that line from him completely divorced from the context of the conversation where he said it

Spoiler: Relevant Quotes
In post 872, Bell wrote:
In post 867, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 863, Bell wrote:I wish I could vote 5-8 people right now.
You could always just put a list of people you'd be willing to vote for instead of actually voting
No order:

Pooky
Cephrir
Penguin(?)
Corwin
CSF
In post 876, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 851, Bell wrote:
In post 849, Lukewarm wrote:Bell, do you have thoughts on Frog or Galron?
I don't like them.
So you don't like them, but they are not on you list of vote considerations?
In post 878, Bell wrote:There's a difference between who I'm willing to vote versus who I want to vote right now.
I'm willing to vote anyone but me if the argument or the circumstances are good enough.
I want to vote those people.

He had a distinct list of people he wanted to vote, I asked about 2 other people, he said that he would be willing to vote them (or anyone if he had too) but they were not his preference.

I feel like the context of that conversation makes the "It's way too early in the day phase for that." part of you point moot imo.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1040 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2022 5:11 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1035, Cephrir wrote:VOTE: BBT

wake up
Cephrir, are you secretly a Koba alt?
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him, she/her

Post Post #1041 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2022 5:14 am

Post by Taly »

hey lovelies it's the beakiest bitch of them all ;)

uh I only read this past page and I think Gal/Rad town/town is above rand

Theres like 5 scenarios I imagine mutual paranoia going between S/S and T/S and "how would you react to that" and "we do this all the time so is this valid?" do not strike as scum dialogue

Also Bell townlean for healthy caution in the PT
"Taly is going to be a hot mess all game and I am entertained" ~ Gammagooey
"The human race is bad at reading Taly." ~the worst
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
"Taly wins for the most fence-sitty reads in a game ever" ~Battle Mage
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1042 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2022 5:15 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1041, Taly wrote:Also Bell townlean for healthy caution in the PT
Bell had not claimed being in a PT with you.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him, she/her

Post Post #1043 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2022 5:15 am

Post by Taly »

Fuck, sorry Bell
"Taly is going to be a hot mess all game and I am entertained" ~ Gammagooey
"The human race is bad at reading Taly." ~the worst
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
"Taly wins for the most fence-sitty reads in a game ever" ~Battle Mage
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1044 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2022 5:17 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 657, Toogeloo wrote:My PT partner brought up the fact that they don't trust me, that I could be scum, and that I basically asked for a free pass through Day 1.
It appears that Bell has been on an anti-lurker sentiment outside of just Corwinoid
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #1045 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2022 5:19 am

Post by T-Bone »

In post 1039, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 1034, T-Bone wrote:Low blow post on a VLA player aside, I feel a lot of manipulation coming from Bell's posts in the last 12 hours. Galton so helpfully quotes 941 for example. Bell is recanting now that there's pushback. Bell very clearly stated Corwin was lying about catching up. But in 941 we retcon to "oh well Corwin could just be scum because of random draw". (I am paraphrasing) Yeah, no shit. Then it's 'no big deal if we eliminate a content less player'. What a goalpost shift if I've ever saw one.

All in all, I think that Bell is town so far.

Bell Alignment Flow ChartDoes Bell have more posts then me this game?

If yes->Town
If no-> Scum

That is a hyperbole, but the fact that he is the number two poster this game is a good sign for him in my opinion. Also tone stuff makes me think town.
I know Bell has already said to the effect that he'll support any lim that isn't him but that's not really a defense for scummy behavior, just an excuse. It's way too early in the day phase for that.
This line in particular feels like you read that line from him completely divorced from the context of the conversation where he said it

Spoiler: Relevant Quotes
In post 872, Bell wrote:
In post 867, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 863, Bell wrote:I wish I could vote 5-8 people right now.
You could always just put a list of people you'd be willing to vote for instead of actually voting
No order:

Pooky
Cephrir
Penguin(?)
Corwin
CSF
In post 876, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 851, Bell wrote:
In post 849, Lukewarm wrote:Bell, do you have thoughts on Frog or Galron?
I don't like them.
So you don't like them, but they are not on you list of vote considerations?
In post 878, Bell wrote:There's a difference between who I'm willing to vote versus who I want to vote right now.
I'm willing to vote anyone but me if the argument or the circumstances are good enough.
I want to vote those people.

He had a distinct list of people he wanted to vote, I asked about 2 other people, he said that he would be willing to vote them (or anyone if he had too) but they were not his preference.

I feel like the context of that conversation makes the "It's way too early in the day phase for that." part of you point moot imo.
I don't agree with your interpretation of 878

Rad
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1046 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2022 5:20 am

Post by Rad »

Luke's is towny as fuck, and I especially liked him spotting this:
In post 1039, Lukewarm wrote:This line in particular feels like you read that line from him completely divorced from the context of the conversation where he said it
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1047 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2022 5:22 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1040, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 1035, Cephrir wrote:VOTE: BBT

wake up
Cephrir, are you secretly a Koba alt?
no, koba is a me alt
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1048 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2022 5:23 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 1043, Taly wrote:Fuck, sorry Bell
Taly, what made you think Bell had claimed?
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #1049 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2022 5:23 am

Post by T-Bone »

Like I understand the context of being asked who he is leaning on voting on. What I'm saying in 878 is that its a statement Bell made that supports my observation that his reads and the way he's gone about them feels arbitrary to me. Not that it's the end all be all statement.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”