Goon
hutmeil
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1725 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2022 7:00 am

Post by hutmeil »

In post 1633, Datisi wrote:i see what mala is saying, but that is probably not going to stop me from demanding more effort from her today

i'm gonna go eat something, then start going through on-wagon slots
Ditto. I re-read some of VP's post and saw this . I guess VP was no longer SRing Mala towards the end.

But same point as Dats, Mala should post more today.

In post 1636, Datisi wrote: @hut, what is the current status of your save the dragons read, and why?
Vulture's mason thing is still noted. However, I don't see anything scummy with what STDs been doing up to now. Plus the fact that he TRs me eventhough I've SRd that slot at first tells me that he's really playing the game and analyzes things. STD!scum could have seen I was LHF and pushed there but didn't.

So overall, I'm getting townie vibes from the slot.
In post 1657, Andante wrote:
In post 1628, hutmeil wrote:Just want to point out that VP had 3 SRs - Peng/Mala/Andante. He got Peng right. Maybe that got him NKd? I get the Mala SR. But Andante I have to think about more...
he tunneled me at one point sure, but if he still SRed me he'd have kept tunneling? so idk what the point you're trying to make here even is? Scum was obv hunting for masons, killed someone that no one SRed, assuming he'd be mason, and they were wrong, there's is no way scum kills him for his reads cause I'm town, and if this is your attempt to start a tunnel on me? think again
Hmmm, I'm not sure he dropped his SR on you? See . I acknowledge implo's post on why you might be town. But this could be WIFOM so I'm still sus on that since the only conftown (VP) we have , has been SRing you from the beginning.
In post 1700, Save The Dragons wrote:i know hut was trying to say BREAKING DAWN PART 1 but the thread was locked before they could and i tr them for that
LOL!
In post 1704, Save The Dragons wrote:sorry if you're not a he hutmeil, i don't know what your pronouns are and i default to he
Yup, I'm a he!
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1726 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2022 7:03 am

Post by fireisredsir »

yea ok hut can be town

this game is easy let's gooooo

VOTE: georgebailey
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1727 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2022 7:05 am

Post by Andante »

In post 1725, hutmeil wrote:Hmmm, I'm not sure he dropped his SR on you? See 1371. I acknowledge implo's post 1626 on why you might be town. But this could be WIFOM so I'm still sus on that since the only conftown (VP) we have , has been SRing you from the beginning.
hut if you want to 1v1 me let's go. Why am I scum. We're not playing this game all day of "oh you must've killed VP for his read on you" let me hear the case. lets go. let me hear it.
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1728 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2022 7:06 am

Post by Andante »

cause I don't like this weak push on me, you are literally waiting to see if someone agrees with you before you push this take, so let's hear it. Why is andante maf?
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1729 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2022 7:14 am

Post by Andante »

Actually, hut I have an easier question for you, as much as I want you to actually commit to this SR on me,

I also want to know, do you genuinely believe the only reason VP died was cause of his reads being "100% correct"

Why is it so hard to believe he died due to being a universal TR, and SRed by literally no one.. meaning, from a mafia pov, he would most likely be a mason. This is also kinda tripping me up, cause hut, you're all "VP died cause of andante!!!" but that's the "entire case" also... lol at the pop in right as we're talking about you
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1730 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2022 7:14 am

Post by implosion »

In post 1631, Datisi wrote:my first thought is that the day's yeet should be on-wagon. while i'm not gonna force this if someone off-wagon scumclaims, my recent experience from the champs game is telling me that there's probably scum on-wagon, at least one if not both. i think most scumteams can't help but jump onto the wagon as they see the buddy going down. especially with a wagon that seemed as easy (or stalled i guess?) as penguin's
In post 1632, Datisi wrote:i agree there are a lot of *possible* explanations for why penguin didn't fight back, but i think all of them (other than "other scum were literally not playing at all and had no clue what was going on") mean that at some point, other scum were going to be inclined to bus penguin. do you disagree with this assessment?
I feel that this washes over an important layer of nuance. Scumteams aren't hiveminds, they're players who are already embroiled in the gamestate. Could GeorgeBailey have jumped on the wagon as he saw Penguin going down? No, because his only stated scumread was hutmeil, the other wagon, there'd have been no way to do so convincingly. Could Malakittens? Not really, she posted almost no content after the wagons got to their late-day state, she probably didn't have RL time to craft a narrative for a bussing jump that would look legitimate (evidenced by the fact that she didn't jump on Penguin even as the alternative shifted from hutmeil to her). Could Something_Smart? He's not exactly known as a wagon hopper but yeah, he could have in theory, but is Something_Smart the kind of player that would feel that sort of pressure to bus? I don't think he is, or at least not in the same way, due to his meta. I could go through this exercise for more players but basically this is a blanket statement that I think ignores the realities of how scum have to play a game.
Datisi wrote:and i skimmed a bit around that vc, it seems like baltar was pretty loudly advocating for penguin and against hutmeil wagons? which makes it at least more likely someone bussed imo
Why does this make it more likely someone bussed? Wouldn't scum typically want to kill on-wagon if there were no bussers?
hutmeil
hutmeil
He
Goon
hutmeil
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1731 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2022 7:19 am

Post by hutmeil »

In post 1727, Andante wrote:
In post 1725, hutmeil wrote:Hmmm, I'm not sure he dropped his SR on you? See 1371. I acknowledge implo's post 1626 on why you might be town. But this could be WIFOM so I'm still sus on that since the only conftown (VP) we have , has been SRing you from the beginning.
hut if you want to 1v1 me let's go. Why am I scum. We're not playing this game all day of "oh you must've killed VP for his read on you" let me hear the case. lets go. let me hear it.
Uhmmmm I'm quite zzzzzz ..... You're not a sure scum for me, if you remember my list D1, I actually TL you. Others here do too. But I can't ignore our only conftown's SR on you though. Of course he could be wrong.

You tried to divert the Peng wagon to Mala. Implo said Andante!scum would not this because it's useless to save a scummate that's about to go down. But I say maybe Andante!scum is trying to WIFOM and devious so she goes with it to appear towny.

I'm just putting this out here for everyone to think about since you asked for more info.
hutmeil
hutmeil
He
Goon
hutmeil
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1732 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2022 7:23 am

Post by hutmeil »

In post 1729, Andante wrote:Actually, hut I have an easier question for you, as much as I want you to actually commit to this SR on me,

I also want to know, do you genuinely believe the only reason VP died was cause of his reads being "100% correct"

Why is it so hard to believe he died due to being a universal TR, and SRed by literally no one.. meaning, from a mafia pov, he would most likely be a mason. This is also kinda tripping me up, cause hut, you're all "VP died cause of andante!!!" but that's the "entire case" also... lol at the pop in right as we're talking about you
I don't remember saying that's my only reason? That post was just a different point of view that we could look into.

To be clear, I agree that scum is mason hunting just because that's they're best play.
hutmeil
hutmeil
He
Goon
hutmeil
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1733 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2022 7:23 am

Post by hutmeil »

*their
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1734 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2022 7:27 am

Post by implosion »

In post 1660, Andante wrote:And my implosion issues were with 1111 and 1113
Like, those posts talking about penguin just feel super odd/distancey to me, cause this is the point where the Penguin SR is gaining momentum, so it's like "here's awkward posts that will later justify my SR on penguin... and to me they feel very odd, but then his response to me last night didn't seem too bad? but these 2 posts, I still can't get over how non towny they seem with their approach to penguin
I kind of feel like just not responding to this but bleh.

I sort of disagree that this is the "point" where the penguin SR gains momentum; it's the point where my read on Penguin is refining from "absent but should be easy to read if he shows up" to "okay, he really needs to actually show up at this point bc what he's posted is slightly nonsense".

The 1111 question is me trying, essentially one last time, to get Penguin to interact meaningfully with me.

1113 I sort of see what you're saying; it's also sort of a desperate "if Penguin is town I should be able to figure that out but he's not letting me", but it's also sort of the first thing in Penguin's play that I actually found explicitly scummy. So yeah like. The explanation you gave is theoretically sound if I'm scum. I just happen to not be. I can understand someone not liking the way I jumped on Penguin, but also it's really not like it was inevitable that Penguin was going down by the time I jumped him, and also if this is the point where momentum shifted against Penguin, then I'm like, a significant reason for that shift. I mean you cited your earlier post as the "first good point against penguin" or something, but in that post, you also say that I've already kind of said what you're saying there about penguin >_>

(still catching up)
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1735 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2022 7:27 am

Post by Andante »

In post 1731, hutmeil wrote:if you remember my list D1, I actually TL you.
I do, which is why I'm confused why you're suddenly like "the only reason VP died was his reads"
In post 1731, hutmeil wrote:But I can't ignore our only conftown's SR on you though. Of course he could be wrong.
so when he's alive, you didn't care about his reads, but now that he's dead. we must put his "reads" on this high pedestal? you town leaned me, and he had me as like lock scum half the day.. if you actually cared about his reads, why did you not interact while he was alive?
In post 1731, hutmeil wrote:You tried to divert the Peng wagon to Mala.
Yeah, because he was copying his town game... as I literally pointed out.. said he was town or scum copying his town meta.. I had penguin as a SR till he got townier, and then mala continued to do nothing, except when she was under pressure, like, I have no problem with the fact I was trying to flip it to mala, remember how you were sheeping VP? VP also SRed Mala. So if we're playing by VP's reads, I flipped it from 1 maf to another... we have no way of knowing what the exact situation was till mala flips. And if mala flips red, I'd almost bet we're not having this conversation about how I'm maf for trying to flip the wagon to mala
In post 1731, hutmeil wrote:Implo said Andante!scum would not this because it's useless to save a scummate that's about to go down. But I say maybe Andante!scum is trying to WIFOM and devious so she goes with it to appear towny.
Right, cause I'd make a SOLID case about penguin being scum, then completely move on... as scum. I litereally was like "yall. I really think penguin scum" at one point, and shortly after that penguin was changing up his play, so I had doubts, and a mala wagon literally was not bad there...
In post 1731, hutmeil wrote:I'm just putting this out here for everyone to think about since you asked for more info.
What is there to even think about?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1736 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2022 7:33 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 1694, Save The Dragons wrote:that was a joke but the fact that gamma felt liberated enough to do that makes me feel town vibes
Idk, in RC's uPick Gamma spammed for pages to make it the longest D1 ever. I think if she felt liberated enough to do that as scum she can make a single Twilight joke.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1737 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2022 7:35 am

Post by Andante »

In post 1734, implosion wrote:
In post 1660, Andante wrote:And my implosion issues were with 1111 and 1113
Like, those posts talking about penguin just feel super odd/distancey to me, cause this is the point where the Penguin SR is gaining momentum, so it's like "here's awkward posts that will later justify my SR on penguin... and to me they feel very odd, but then his response to me last night didn't seem too bad? but these 2 posts, I still can't get over how non towny they seem with their approach to penguin
I kind of feel like just not responding to this but bleh.

I sort of disagree that this is the "point" where the penguin SR gains momentum; it's the point where my read on Penguin is refining from "absent but should be easy to read if he shows up" to "okay, he really needs to actually show up at this point bc what he's posted is slightly nonsense".

The 1111 question is me trying, essentially one last time, to get Penguin to interact meaningfully with me.

1113 I sort of see what you're saying; it's also sort of a desperate "if Penguin is town I should be able to figure that out but he's not letting me", but it's also sort of the first thing in Penguin's play that I actually found explicitly scummy. So yeah like. The explanation you gave is theoretically sound if I'm scum. I just happen to not be. I can understand someone not liking the way I jumped on Penguin, but also it's really not like it was inevitable that Penguin was going down by the time I jumped him, and also if this is the point where momentum shifted against Penguin, then I'm like, a significant reason for that shift. I mean you cited your earlier post as the "first good point against penguin" or something, but in that post, you also say that I've already kind of said what you're saying there about penguin >_>

(still catching up)
hmmm I don't think I want to flip you for now.. I guess you're safe lol

and yall, is it a bad idea to flip mala? like, she needs to give like significantly towny stuff to save her here, but like, I kinda still agree with my d1 "case" where she does nothing unless there's actual pressure, and especially since the counter was a maf wagon, I really don't see why the mala wagon gained no momentum
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1738 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2022 7:38 am

Post by fireisredsir »

im also good with mala

im trying not to get too confbiased here but everything i see continues to fit with how i currently view the gamestate

and that gamestate includes the scumteam being exactly mala+george
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1739 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2022 7:38 am

Post by implosion »

In post 1713, Andante wrote:I mean, I'm 100% certain there's at least 1 partner on that wagon, basically why I was really looking at implosion like "what are these posts..." with 1111 and 1113
Strong statement.

Why do you think e.g. a Malakittens/GeorgeBailey scumteam is literally 0% likely to be the case? Like,
george didn't do anything all game, and mala was VERY absent at that eod.... you're trying to tell me, scum!george and scum!mala were trying to wagon hut to save penguin??? WHAT KIND OF LOGIC IS THIS???
I know this was responding to fire, but no I'm not saying this, I'm saying they could be scum who just... didn't jump, and not for any real reason. Just because they didn't. They weren't there to, and even if they were there, maybe they wouldn't have.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1740 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2022 7:39 am

Post by implosion »

VOTE: GeorgeBailey
hutmeil
hutmeil
He
Goon
hutmeil
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1741 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2022 7:39 am

Post by hutmeil »

In post 1735, Andante wrote:
In post 1731, hutmeil wrote:But I can't ignore our only conftown's SR on you though. Of course he could be wrong.
so when he's alive, you didn't care about his reads, but now that he's dead. we must put his "reads" on this high pedestal? you town leaned me, and he had me as like lock scum half the day.. if you actually cared about his reads, why did you not interact while he was alive?
He TRd me, and I TRd him. I don't think there was anything to discuss.
In post 1731, hutmeil wrote:You tried to divert the Peng wagon to Mala.
Yeah, because he was copying his town game... as I literally pointed out.. said he was town or scum copying his town meta.. I had penguin as a SR till he got townier, and then mala continued to do nothing, except when she was under pressure, like, I have no problem with the fact I was trying to flip it to mala, remember how you were sheeping VP? VP also SRed Mala. So if we're playing by VP's reads, I flipped it from 1 maf to another... we have no way of knowing what the exact situation was till mala flips. And if mala flips red, I'd almost bet we're not having this conversation about how I'm maf for trying to flip the wagon to mala
Exactly why I don't like meta-gaming. Anyone can game others by copying their meta.
In post 1731, hutmeil wrote:Implo said Andante!scum would not this because it's useless to save a scummate that's about to go down. But I say maybe Andante!scum is trying to WIFOM and devious so she goes with it to appear towny.
Right, cause I'd make a SOLID case about penguin being scum, then completely move on... as scum. I litereally was like "yall. I really think penguin scum" at one point, and shortly after that penguin was changing up his play, so I had doubts, and a mala wagon literally was not bad there...
You have a point here. But still that's just one possibility.
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1742 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2022 7:43 am

Post by fireisredsir »

datisi can we do off-wagon today pls

i think ari's vca is good
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1743 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2022 7:49 am

Post by implosion »

I like StD's reasons for townreading hutmeil, for both StD and hutmeil. I think it doesn't really feel like a sort of pet townread or a pocket from StD scum, I think he feels earnest in not being totally sure but having these vibes and wanting to explain them. I think the points around hutmeil essentially looking like he's trying make sense. I'd been thinking after the flip that hutmeil is probably town mostly for wagon reasons because I don't really feel like yesterday shakes down the way it did if it was 2 scum wagons, though I can't really give a good explicit reason why.

I think my reads right now are something like this (unordered within tiers):

{StD, hutmeil, Andante, Datisi, Gamma}
-gap-
{fire, S_S}
{Aristeia}
{Mala, GeorgeBailey}

Some caveats/descriptions for some people I haven't elaborated on: 1) I think Datisi becomes somewhat more likely scum if he lives for like, two more days. But I still would probably think he's more likely town than scum. 2) Aristeia is in a sort of limbo. I need to put more effort into sorting her. 3) Gamma just feels strongly like PYP to me and StD was also in that game, and is describing a Gamma scum game that was very different, and I feel like meta is a pretty effective way to read Gamma in general. And I don't think I've been wrong about her in a while iirc.
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1744 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2022 7:50 am

Post by Andante »

VOTE: Malakittens
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1745 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2022 8:24 am

Post by Aristeia »

I feel like if hutmeil/pengy were scum/scum it would've made much more sense for them to consolidate on Fire or decide to sheep there rather than consolidate on each other and make two big s/s wagons which is kind of ???
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1746 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2022 8:26 am

Post by Aristeia »

implosion's reasoning for his pengy progression makes sense to me - I also don't see why scum!implosion doesn't just sheep VPBaltar on the Andante push rather than waiting to sheep him on the Pengy push instead - that seems silly and self-defeating.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1747 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2022 8:29 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

In post 1695, Save The Dragons wrote:i regret posting that because now people are going to be like "your town read of gamma sucks because it's based on her saying Eclipse" when it's really more importantly based on vibes about her play this game
In post 1736, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 1694, Save The Dragons wrote:that was a joke but the fact that gamma felt liberated enough to do that makes me feel town vibes
Idk, in RC's uPick Gamma spammed for pages to make it the longest D1 ever. I think if she felt liberated enough to do that as scum she can make a single Twilight joke.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1748 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2022 8:29 am

Post by Aristeia »

In post 1735, Andante wrote:Yeah, because he was copying his town game... as I literally pointed out.. said he was town or scum copying his town meta
I think this is factually untrue.

Town penguin under pressure is kind of angry sounding - this penguin came back to being top wagon and lol-catted and claimed it would be sad he wouldn't get to analyze these wagons or w/e. There was no blaming the town for being "wrong".
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1749 (ISO) » Fri Jul 08, 2022 8:34 am

Post by Something_Smart »

I literally didn't say the thing you said you were afraid of people saying
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!

Return to “Completed Open Games”