JohnnyFarrar
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2050 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2022 3:55 pm

Post by JohnnyFarrar »

Malcolm gets "my username is just my first and last name" points (pls don't dox us)

Mal was uneasy about Pooky townreads

looks poignant.
@Bell
what makes you think Mal dies d1 a lot?

I like the pushback on t-Bones post restriction push

I don't like Mal +1ing frogs idea to just make them use all their words

Mal townreads dweelee for a pooky vote???
@Mal
state your beef w/Pookington
Phone posting. Low effort, big fun.
"In my heart, Johnny will always be scum" - Not_Mafia
JohnnyFarrar
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2051 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2022 3:56 pm

Post by JohnnyFarrar »

Got excited and hit enter because of the pagetop, not done I don't think
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2052 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2022 3:58 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 2049, Dancing Puppets wrote:
In post 2048, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 2047, Dancing Puppets wrote:
In post 1612, Klick wrote:
In post 1567, Cephrir wrote:Klick why did you flip your read on me

I was thinking about how you would approach this as scum. At first I was thinking you wouldnt come for me early because youd see me as pocketable for you

But actually the timing along with the knowledge that bella is likely to sheep your vote per her implying as much makes it seem conveniently timed
Well to be completely honest all three of the players in my scumreads section are very weak reads and I'm a bit lost for direction. I've reconsidered and think that what you've posted so far could really reasonably come from you as scum. I think you're reacting fairly poorly under pressure and I could see it being the route you choose as scum here.

But like I don't feel strongly about it. Nothing feels right as scum atm. In contrast, everyone in the top rung of my townreads is a rather strong townread, as in I'd be surprised if they were scum
I like this post from Klick. It’s tends to be +town to be a lot more confident on your trs d1.
I don't have any statistics or anything, but this
feels
simply untrue.

Faking confident town reads is like one of the easiest things to do as scum lol
I suppose but in general scum likes to push fake srs > having confident trs. But it’s not just having strong trs, it’s the he’d be surprised part but yeah, I guess that could also be fakable.
That is not my experience either as scum, or against scum. Forming strong town reads is both easier then faking a scum read (because you are just telling the truth for one, but lying for the other) and can also be used to pocket other people, eek into townblocks, ect. But probably not worth arguing the point with you
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #2053 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2022 3:59 pm

Post by Cat Scratch Fever »

Luke, what was the thing about Johnny you wanted to say earlier?
JohnnyFarrar
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2054 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2022 3:59 pm

Post by JohnnyFarrar »

Actually nvm, the rest is a readslist and voting me, which I'll leave off talking about
JohnnyFarrar
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2055 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2022 4:02 pm

Post by JohnnyFarrar »

In post 2047, Dancing Puppets wrote:I like this post from Klick. It’s tends to be +town to be a lot more confident on your trs d1.
I don't necessarily agree, but klick's not our guy rn
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2056 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2022 4:07 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1791, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 1788, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 1006, JohnnyFarrar wrote: Pooky is always town until he shows me otherwise
Rad cuzza what Luke said (also I'm in their pocket)

<snip>
In post 1017, JohnnyFarrar wrote:The attitude you described out of Rad in the bottom of felt townie to me
Johnny, I'm looking at your ISO, and I'm finding the bolded is a confusing way to describe why you think Rad is town.

At the bottom of Luke's was used to scumread Rad. In fact, you seem to be townreading Rad
in spite of
what Luke said.

It kind of looks like you forgot why you were townreading Rad, and made up something after the fact tbh

Spoiler: post 360
In post 360, Lukewarm wrote:Like. The amount of annoyed for the reason he perceived that I was using to scum read him feels out of line with a townie getting misread by a single player.

And also, he literally just moments ago was making comments about me possibly being scum, and there is not hint of him now saying that I am scum making a shit push.

In post 1160, JohnnyFarrar wrote:
In post 1151, Lukewarm wrote:Johnny I would still like clarification on what part of what I said led you to believe Rad to be town
Like I see what you're saying that you think Rad forgot his fake scumread of you when talking off the cuff, but I think scum Rad doesn't fail to be opportunistic there. The fact that he had that layup and didn't capitalize on it says he's less interested in winning an argument. Which plays townie in my ears
Another supplemental explanation that came later, but again, I feel like nothing Luke said convinced you of town!Rad.
I have a thought about this, but currently phone posting and not gonna try to dig for posts.
I am going to touch back base on this, because I also originally did not like this from Johnny at first, but once I asked him a few questions and looked back at the interaction, I actually ended up leaning back town on it.

Here are a string of posts all from the same page, back on page 15

First, there is the conversation that Johnny was already involved with (light posting with frog)
Spoiler:
In post 358, Frogsterking wrote:I'm tempted to townread Johnny here.

Then, the immediate next post is my case against Rad.
Spoiler:
In post 360, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 357, Rad wrote:I find it hilarious that you found 1 post in a past game where I do ask for a follow up from someone and claim I'm scum for it
No.

When I read your post, my thoughts were "this approach does not feel like someone who is actually trying to sort me"

But I was worried that it was a personality quirk that I was misreading as alignment. So I spot checked the only meta that I have avaliable to see if that was the case.

I did not think you were scum because of meta.

Also, 357 just feels to me like scum annoyed at the reason they are being called scum
In post 357, Rad wrote:
You're going to meta read me on 1 completed game and your 13 minutes of researching it? My first game since 2014? lol

I
find it hilarious
that you found 1 post in a past game where I do ask for a follow up from someone and claim I'm scum for it.
That's right. I'm incapable as town of doing anything but asking people for follow ups and my strategy there can never, ever change, adapt, evolve, or do anything slightly different.

And oh look, Frogster responded with good content for everyone to read and analyze. I wish I had just asked you a question about your read instead of making all this happen instead.
What a fail move I made
:(
Like. The amount of annoyed for the reason he perceived that I was using to scum read him feels out of line with a townie getting misread by a single player.

And also, he literally just moments ago was making comments about me possibly being scum, and there is not hint of him now saying that I am scum making a shit push.

Johnny's very next post, and clearly made in response to my 360 is:
In post 370, JohnnyFarrar wrote:Luke reads great to me, y'all. No Luke or Rad votes today
This is actually the very first post where either Rad or myself show up in Johnny's iso.

So, it looks like Johnny did not think either of us were worth talking about. Read 360. Decided we were both town.

Then the post in question, where johnny is fairly clearly quick firing from memory why he town reads people
In post 1006, JohnnyFarrar wrote:
In post 934, JohnnyFarrar wrote:PookyTheMagicalBear
Rad
Corwinoid
Dunnstral
JohnnyFarrar
Cytosine and Guanine (Ircher and RH9)
T-Bone
Cat Scratch
Lukewarm

I reserve the right to add/remove
Pooky is always town until he shows me otherwise
Rad cuzza what Luke said
(also I'm in their pocket)
Corwin because some things are more important
Dunn looks solvey all over the dang place
Johnny because I like his butt
Hydra and TBone I covered
Cat Scratch has good vibes and I find myself agreeing with some of their takes
Luke cuzza that Rad case
and other general solviness. Plus us folks- that-have-actually-seen-lost have to stick together
So, while I struggled to see why what I said would result in Johnny deciding that Rad was town, it is actually incredibly consistent with what played out in thread.

Pedit: CSF, I was already working on it!
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #2057 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2022 4:16 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

klick might be more polarized then bell ngl
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
JohnnyFarrar
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2058 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2022 4:17 pm

Post by JohnnyFarrar »

In post 2057, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:klick might be more polarized then bell ngl
I don't follow

Also I'm in Luke's pocket now too
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2059 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2022 4:27 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

Pooky, I was looking at your chart, and you have mine wrong.

I specifically wanted the "I have not retained any thoughts about this slot" people red
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #2060 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2022 4:32 pm

In post 2059, Lukewarm wrote:Pooky, I was looking at your chart, and you have mine wrong.

I specifically wanted the "I have not retained any thoughts about this slot" people red
ok i'll fix it
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2061 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2022 4:34 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

After doing some reading, I am narrowed down where I want to move my vote to either Corwinoid and The Toad, but struggling to decided between the two.

Maybe they should just be dueling wagons?
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2062 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2022 4:34 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

I don't actually know how to be town leader.
Rad
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #2063 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2022 4:35 pm

Post by Rad »

Just going to point out that Pooky appears to be using his own spreadsheet, as there was 1 difference between his reads post and what ended up in sheet reveal - Roden goes from null to town (with 24 Roden posts between these 2 Pooky posts, which is the majority of Roden's ISO)

And 1 more difference between and - Dancing Puppets goes from null to town (with 18 DP posts between these 2 Pooky posts)

So either town!Pooky is using the spreadsheet or scum!Pooky has planted this for someone to notice (Hello!). Pooky doesn't even mention the change in reads for Roden and DP, he just updates his chart and continues trying to gather more chart data (unless I missed it in the ISO skim, correct me if I'm wrong).

This is about the pace that my reads are changing as well, so while 2 seems kinda low maybe?.. it resonates with me at least.

I'm going with a strong town read on this, giving me 2 strong town reads now :D
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2064 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2022 4:37 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

Jesus
Rad
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2065 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2022 4:40 pm

Post by Rad »

In post 2061, Lukewarm wrote:After doing some reading, I am narrowed down where I want to move my vote to either Corwinoid and The Toad, but struggling to decided between the two.

Luke, are you still reading me as town? If so, I have some experience with scum!Corwin, so I don't mind doing an ISO dive on him now to refresh my thoughts and give an opinion. I can do it over the next 30-60min. Unfortunately I haven't read or played with a town!Corwin so I don't have a good comparison in that regard. Or we can do the dueling wagons like you suggest.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2066 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2022 4:44 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

Okay, I had been debating writing up a "I think that pooky would totally be down for doing this whole spread sheet thing as scum, because as scum he is not really reading the thread too closely, but this gives him a nice excuse to be active and posting, and look town, while really just having to keep an eye out for massive reads lists -- Plus, it is clear that pooky just had the idea that a massive table would be cool and I think he could both have that idea and decide to follow through with it as either alignment --- and like all in all, it is
probably[/i still more likely to come from town pooky, but I don't think people should just write him off as town just for it" But decided it wasn't worth it since, it felt like a lot to put out there to just land on "still leaning town, but don't forever bin"

But, I actually find that catch about his reads changing quietly on the spreadsheet as ++town for him.

Also, Rad moves from "town enough for day 1" to Town for finding that.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2067 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2022 4:46 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 2065, Rad wrote:
In post 2061, Lukewarm wrote:After doing some reading, I am narrowed down where I want to move my vote to either Corwinoid and The Toad, but struggling to decided between the two.

Luke, are you still reading me as town? If so, I have some experience with scum!Corwin, so I don't mind doing an ISO dive on him now to refresh my thoughts and give an opinion. I can do it over the next 30-60min. Unfortunately I haven't read or played with a town!Corwin so I don't have a good comparison in that regard. Or we can do the dueling wagons like you suggest.
Just answered this question. And yeah. Would love to see your thoughts.

But also, I am going to bed. I got like 3 hours sleep last night, and it is now like midnight my time, and I cannot look at this screen for a single minute longer. But I will look for it when I wake up
Rad
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2068 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2022 4:48 pm

Post by Rad »

Yeah Luke, I think we were thinking something similar there. I went into it with the aim of finding a scum!Pooky who accidentally didn't update their reads and found a couple changes. Then I researched those changes and found that it's totally viable they would be the 2 who changed. And Pooky not even mentioning the changes in the thread... it just all came together for me.
Rad
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2069 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2022 4:50 pm

Post by Rad »

I'll go research Corwin now. I'm good for another hour or two and that seems like a good focus. I think if The toad is town and he wants to save himself, he should come fix things in the meantime as I still don't get any sort of town read in his ISO (I've looked at it a few times).

Night Luke :D

Corwin if you're around, I wouldn't mind looking at a town game of yours after the ISO dive. Let me know, or I guess I can check your history.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Lukewarm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2070 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2022 4:51 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 2066, Lukewarm wrote:Okay, I had been debating writing up a "I think that pooky would totally be down for doing this whole spread sheet thing as scum, because as scum he is not really reading the thread too closely, but this gives him a nice excuse to be active and posting, and look town, while really just having to keep an eye out for massive reads lists -- Plus, it is clear that pooky just had the idea that a massive table would be cool and I think he could both have that idea and decide to follow through with it as either alignment --- and like all in all, it is
probably[/i still more likely to come from town pooky, but I don't think people should just write him off as town just for it" But decided it wasn't worth it since, it felt like a lot to put out there to just land on "still leaning town, but don't forever bin"

But, I actually find that catch about his reads changing quietly on the spreadsheet as ++town for him.

Also, Rad moves from "town enough for day 1" to Town for finding that.
Nightmare scenario:

Pooky+Rad scum team, and this is the most 5hbig brained plan, and I would happily lose to the scum team that came up with it, so gonna ignore that possibility
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #2071 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2022 4:51 pm

In post 2063, Rad wrote:Just going to point out that Pooky appears to be using his own spreadsheet, as there was 1 difference between his reads post and what ended up in sheet reveal - Roden goes from null to town (with 24 Roden posts between these 2 Pooky posts, which is the majority of Roden's ISO)

And 1 more difference between and - Dancing Puppets goes from null to town (with 18 DP posts between these 2 Pooky posts)

So either town!Pooky is using the spreadsheet or scum!Pooky has planted this for someone to notice (Hello!). Pooky doesn't even mention the change in reads for Roden and DP, he just updates his chart and continues trying to gather more chart data (unless I missed it in the ISO skim, correct me if I'm wrong).

This is about the pace that my reads are changing as well, so while 2 seems kinda low maybe?.. it resonates with me at least.

uh I obviously update my reads as they change in my spreadsheet but I don't like post every read change lol
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2072 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2022 4:54 pm

In post 2056, Lukewarm wrote:This is actually the very first post where either Rad or myself show up in Johnny's iso.
When I first read it, I just assumed Johnny's meant there was something about Rad's recent posting that pinged him as town (since Rad was also posting in the thread), not really because of something you wrote. Though yeah I'm not really convinced this is a bona fide slip, since what he said is plausible
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2073 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2022 5:01 pm

In post 1953, Dancing Puppets wrote:
In post 1924, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:Corwin -> town
Dancing Puppets -> null
Galron -> null
Taly -> red
Johnny -> red
Can you explain your Taly sr?
I noticed that they explained a lot of their town leans in , but didn't really go into the scum leans (null scum leans?), which I think is the harder part for scum. As in, it's easier for scum to explain townreads but more difficult to explain scumreads.
Rad
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2074 (ISO) » Sat Jul 09, 2022 5:06 pm

Post by Rad »

In post 2071, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 2063, Rad wrote:Just going to point out that Pooky appears to be using his own spreadsheet, as there was 1 difference between his reads post and what ended up in sheet reveal - Roden goes from null to town (with 24 Roden posts between these 2 Pooky posts, which is the majority of Roden's ISO)

uh I obviously update my reads as they change in my spreadsheet but I don't like post every read change lol
Yeah scum!Pooky should probably update their spreadsheet as well, and I was looking for a scum slip where you don't... but all the pieces just sort of fit together for you being town that's updating their reads properly as time goes and (icing on the cake) not making a big fuss about it in the thread. It just felt super natural after analysis.

You're the only one this can even possibly be relevant to. You're building the sheet for everyone. Are you doing this to look like you're useful to town? Are you even paying attention to the game? That was my goal to find out. And I think I found out.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”