BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2400 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 11:46 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

Mine?
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2401 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 11:46 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 2373, Taly wrote:
In post 2328, JohnnyFarrar wrote:
In post 2289, Taly wrote:im curious, i came in with several slots cautious or scumreading me but you've taken to conversation very well, why?
Is this a question for me?
si amigo por favor
In post 2329, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:@Taly
In post 2022, Taly wrote:nah im not feeling the johnny scumreads, largely because of how constructively they're discussing reads with me and mindmelding on a few takes so far. since the game is still relatively fresh it seems to be pure to me.
About your Johnny read, I found this and the tail end of

I don't know if pooky town is a hot take. Even with some people here clearly wary of their scumgame, they're still in the top 5 townreads

I saw the PoE stuff, and I was kind of interested to see where he landed with that. But I think you may be overremembering how much discussion you had with them? I didn't find that much beyond asking you to explain some TRs and crossing names off the list.

Looking at their recent posts, I like though I don't agree with it. Penguin is kind of an easy mislim when town, so I could see scum coming in to push them.

---

About Galron, it seems to be mostly a metaread and a TvT interaction with Rad. If you could quote some posts where they've done something that is outside their scumrange, that'd be helpful. My general feeling about their posting is in - another example is the "Challenge me" post that was just ??? random and other tonal stuff like that, and their thought process feels opaque to me.
my approach to joining this game was pretty passive, to have someone actively think of a mutual solve when it was already expressed that many people, including myself, had difficulty sorting a definite scumread, seemed much more likely town in my eyes. nothing in
johnny's
post has overtly signaled to me that he's leading me to any specific conclusion that i must follow, and him thanking me for my participation felt sincere.

so no, my read on
johnny
isn't based on how much we have discussed reads, it's how reads were discussed.

i agree with
penguin
, if memory serves, ive mislimmed them before so im good with taking more time to sort the slot. nothing ive skimmed has caught my attention.

~

ooof wasn't prepared for
galron
rep

Math
, you'll have to flesh out why
galron's
rep warrants an FOS. feels NAI off principle since there was no indication a rep-out would occur

@Bella will get to you, something IRL caught my attention
It felt like Galron replaced out due to fearing I would FoS them and they’d be sunk.

When I calmed down that was unlikely.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Dancing Puppets
Dancing Puppets
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Dancing Puppets
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #2402 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 11:47 am

Post by Dancing Puppets »

I'll be posting later tonight. Social engagement first. Intended to post last night but something IRL happened.

~Titus
Dance, dance
And these are the lives you love to lead
~ Fall Out Boy

Hydra of Titus and Nancy Drew 39
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2403 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 11:52 am

Post by Bell »

Question. Has anybody played hollow knight and does anybody know how you're supposed to kill the nightmare king, because I cannot for the life of me kill this absolute bastard.
JohnnyFarrar
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2404 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 11:53 am

Post by JohnnyFarrar »

Gaw Titus so popular

@Bell I'm trash at that game, kudos getting that far
Phone posting. Low effort, big fun.
"In my heart, Johnny will always be scum" - Not_Mafia
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #2405 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 11:54 am

Post by Bell »

Even youtube advice cannot help me. I knew it was a mistake to play a new category of game without like paying a billion other games of the type. But you have to start somewhere.
Rip.

Oh well.

I'm happy to kill someone soon. Who are we missing from the list of reads lists Pooky?
Off The Hook
Off The Hook
Goon
Off The Hook
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2406 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 11:55 am

Post by Off The Hook »

i think uve gotta memorize his movements bell ^.^
Don't get cooked, stay Off The Hook!
Dancing Puppets
Dancing Puppets
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Dancing Puppets
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #2407 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 11:59 am

Post by Dancing Puppets »

Spoiler:
In post 2401, MathBlade wrote:
In post 2373, Taly wrote:
In post 2328, JohnnyFarrar wrote:
In post 2289, Taly wrote:im curious, i came in with several slots cautious or scumreading me but you've taken to conversation very well, why?
Is this a question for me?
si amigo por favor
In post 2329, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:@Taly
In post 2022, Taly wrote:nah im not feeling the johnny scumreads, largely because of how constructively they're discussing reads with me and mindmelding on a few takes so far. since the game is still relatively fresh it seems to be pure to me.
About your Johnny read, I found this and the tail end of

I don't know if pooky town is a hot take. Even with some people here clearly wary of their scumgame, they're still in the top 5 townreads

I saw the PoE stuff, and I was kind of interested to see where he landed with that. But I think you may be overremembering how much discussion you had with them? I didn't find that much beyond asking you to explain some TRs and crossing names off the list.

Looking at their recent posts, I like though I don't agree with it. Penguin is kind of an easy mislim when town, so I could see scum coming in to push them.

---

About Galron, it seems to be mostly a metaread and a TvT interaction with Rad. If you could quote some posts where they've done something that is outside their scumrange, that'd be helpful. My general feeling about their posting is in - another example is the "Challenge me" post that was just ??? random and other tonal stuff like that, and their thought process feels opaque to me.
my approach to joining this game was pretty passive, to have someone actively think of a mutual solve when it was already expressed that many people, including myself, had difficulty sorting a definite scumread, seemed much more likely town in my eyes. nothing in
johnny's
post has overtly signaled to me that he's leading me to any specific conclusion that i must follow, and him thanking me for my participation felt sincere.

so no, my read on
johnny
isn't based on how much we have discussed reads, it's how reads were discussed.

i agree with
penguin
, if memory serves, ive mislimmed them before so im good with taking more time to sort the slot. nothing ive skimmed has caught my attention.

~

ooof wasn't prepared for
galron
rep

Math
, you'll have to flesh out why
galron's
rep warrants an FOS. feels NAI off principle since there was no indication a rep-out would occur

@Bella will get to you, something IRL caught my attention
It felt like Galron replaced out due to fearing I would FoS them and they’d be sunk.

When I calmed down that was unlikely.

Galron replacing out is totally nai, he replaced out Chromavalon and Slaughter Hour.
Dance, dance
And these are the lives you love to lead
~ Fall Out Boy

Hydra of Titus and Nancy Drew 39
Off The Hook
Off The Hook
Goon
Off The Hook
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2408 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 12:07 pm

Post by Off The Hook »

In post 2403, Bell wrote:Question. Has anybody played hollow knight and does anybody know how you're supposed to kill the nightmare king, because I cannot for the life of me kill this absolute bastard.
Learn his patterns, and avoid getting hit more than once between each balloon phase (where Grimm appears in the middle and spews a bullet pattern of fireballs). An unexpected mistake can snowball into a defeat so keep calm.

~GE
Don't get cooked, stay Off The Hook!
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2409 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 12:21 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 2399, Off The Hook wrote:VOTE: johnnyfarrar
We think this is worth voting rn

~GE
VOTE: Johnny

Yeah get this slot out of here IMO
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2410 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 12:25 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 2383, MalcolmTucker wrote:Re 2368 Johnny - I'd not noticed Frog's posts you're referring to. Understandable reason to leave a SR alone for a while, I get that.
It's also AtE from Johnny to get players off his back.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2411 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 12:36 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 1980, Frogsterking wrote:Yes and 1963 is bad even still. What caused Johnny's read to change, and if it did, why is he still voting me? I think scum!Johnny is too lazy to move his vote around, town!johnny moves his vote in 1963 if he hasn't done it already.
I stand by what I said earlier about the slot. "Haha yeah Frog's probably town" > followed by no unvote is a bad look regardless of Johnny's alignment. Now Johnny is attempting to frame his bad/scummy play as being my fault for saying something he can't be bothered to consider. Johnny is well within his right to play this way if he would like to, I just believe it makes him a good candidate to get booted off the island first.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2412 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 12:41 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 2360, JohnnyFarrar wrote:I'd actually contend that this pushing on me is disingenuous and based on day old knowledge. I've made a POE that I'm slowly working through and have even ISOd YOU and you don't seem to have noticed or care. Why are you so against Pooky being townread? Why did you show up when Ceph voted you but not when I was talking about you yesterday?
You also claimed town!Johnny is too lazy to change their vote in .
JohnnyFarrar
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2413 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 12:42 pm

Post by JohnnyFarrar »

Does that quote match the post or?
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2414 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 12:43 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 2360, JohnnyFarrar wrote:I'd actually contend that this pushing on me is disingenuous and based on day old knowledge. I've made a POE that I'm slowly working through and have even ISOd YOU and you don't seem to have noticed or care. Why are you so against Pooky being townread? Why did you show up when Ceph voted you but not when I was talking about you yesterday?
Not lining up with your earlier excuses:
In post 1981, JohnnyFarrar wrote:I think you're overestimating town Johnny's effort levels
In post 1982, JohnnyFarrar wrote:I haven't posted a gif as a pagetop because I can't be bothered to remember/figure out how to do it
JohnnyFarrar
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2415 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 12:45 pm

Post by JohnnyFarrar »

Oh is the case still happening
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2416 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 12:47 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

Johnny "I don't care as long as I'm not getting voted" Farrar
JohnnyFarrar
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2417 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 12:48 pm

Post by JohnnyFarrar »

That's too long for a nickname
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #2418 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 12:49 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1770, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 1552, Bell wrote:I do think some people need to back track a little and start taking safer reads/stances. Since a lot of times I feel like they're town binning people for poor reasons or just because they responded to them.
This is not something I intend to do on day 1 of a large game
In post 2046, Lukewarm wrote:
Anyways, finally home. Guess I am gonna try and solve the damn thing.
In post 2061, Lukewarm wrote:After doing some reading
Does this make me scum too frog?
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2419 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 12:51 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 2418, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 1552, Bell wrote:I do think some people need to back track a little and start taking safer reads/stances. Since a lot of times I feel like they're town binning people for poor reasons or just because they responded to them.
I'm assuming this is a rhetorical question and you just wanted to make sure your posts are being seen.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #2420 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 12:53 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 2419, Frogsterking wrote:
I'm assuming this is a rhetorical question and you just wanted to make sure your posts are being seen.
No, I just hated 2414
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #2421 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 12:53 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

VOTE: mathblade
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2422 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 12:56 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 2420, Lukewarm wrote:
In [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=13437595#p134375 I95]post 1552[/url], Bell wrote:I do think some people need to back track a little and start taking safer reads/stances. Since a lot of times I feel like they're town binning people for poor reasons or just because they responded to them.
No, I just hated 2414
I don't really at all, Luke. The difference between what you quoted about yourself and the unrelated point I was making is that Johnny makes these comments to deflect suspicion away from himself, whereas you post them unprompted by others.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2423 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 12:56 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 2420, Lukewarm wrote:
In [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=13437595#p134375 I95]post 1552[/url], Bell wrote:I do think some people need to back track a little and start taking safer reads/stances. Since a lot of times I feel like they're town binning people for poor reasons or just because they responded to them.
No, I just hated 2414
I don't really at all, Luke. The difference between what you quoted about yourself and the unrelated point I was making is that Johnny makes these comments to deflect suspicion away from himself, whereas you post them unprompted by others.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2424 (ISO) » Sun Jul 10, 2022 12:57 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

VOTE: Lukewarm

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”