Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 5:40 am

Post by Vivax »

In post 514, FancyPants wrote:I'm still not sold on the Meg wagon, the case seems so flimsy, and I had a town read on the slot.
His lurking does make me suspicious though, so I'm less certain.
There's more peeps around lurking than just Meg. Reads like a strange reason, but just a little, just a little.
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 5:41 am

Post by Vivax »

My plan to pull out UNOwen from his emotional foxhole and exchange friendly headbutts to see what persona he is hiding isn't going too well.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 5:48 am

Post by Crescent »

I didn't even notice that Meg's postcount per day has dropped to the level of Lowell and Bugspray until now. Meg has 3 posts in the last 44 hours. The lurker comment is on point.
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 6:27 am

Post by Vivax »

I'd give FancyPants maybe a 90% chance to flip mafia and a 10% chance that he started posting forced reads as town.

VOTE: FancyPants

Because Greeting asked and I respect that, here's a bunch of reasons.
Though it's mostly stream of consciousness in FPs ISO so conf bias alert:
In post 86, FancyPants wrote:@Greeting/Bugspray, do you generally find LAMIST posts to be scum aligned?

For reference, I'm timezone +2, I've been playing Mafia for years but I have about 10 games on this site, also have taken a hiatus from Mafia scum for the last 5 years but I don't feel rusty. I'm also generally fairly inactive during weekend, and I have a boozy BBQ today, so today is one of those days.
I find timezone and "how experienced you are" information useful to me personally if you're willing to share.

UNVOTE: Crescent
Early town vibes from them.
The first question in this post is just feigned activity. No reason to ask that to Bugspray at all but FP included them anyway.
Timezone timezone something. More filler.
Lighthearted unvote and weak read.
In post 301, FancyPants wrote:Apologize for my absence. I had a very rough weekend, catching up in the next couple hours.
After two days of enjoying the chaos, guilty conscience for not being around. Benefit of the doubt etc. etc.
In post 311, FancyPants wrote:Town in:
{vivax, greeting, Crescent, Prince, Andante, MegAzumaril}

VOTE: MalcomTucker
Reason:

@Bugspray, can you explain your scum reads on Vivax and Thread?
@Firebringer, who's scum?
Posts a PoE but not really cause he just said it may contain town, not that it has to.
Votes Malcolm for some post but instead of explaining why that post he follows it up with two questions.
Question to Bugspray reads to me like an intent to get someone to expand a wrong scumread on me without taking part in it.
Question at Firebringer is just whatever/null. Probably had merit.
In post 328, FancyPants wrote:The Fred and Azumaril wagons are bad, everyone should vote Malcom.
Calls Fred wagon bad when they weren't even in the pseudo-PoE before. Half-arsed push on Malcom.
In post 344, FancyPants wrote:I didn't call Fred town, I'm actually not sure of the slot I don't like the wagon for meta reasons I can't talk about because the game is still ongoing.
After calling the wagon bad for no apparent reason, here comes the excuse but too late.

Otherwise, less apparent reasons, and I didn't leave out much from his ISO anyway:

1. Questions to Firebringer led to nowhere but he seemed content to just ignore that slot or pretend it didn't matter.
2. He seems to avoid getting on a more personal level with players. Save maybe that post where he calls some other post from geraintm trash.
3. Bunch of LAMIST-y posts that seem designed to artificially balloon the confidence displayed, example in bolded:
In post 473, FancyPants wrote:Scum: MalcolmTucker (non-commital scum) /Bugspray (Lurking scum)/Geraintm(Newb-scum) /PookyTheMagicalBear(Experienced scum who's sad they rolled scum)

Maybe's: Firebringger/Dwlee99/Lowell

This is the post I use to gloat endgame.
Will defend these opinions to the death, come at me.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 6:33 am

Post by geraintm »

Who is this Vivax and what have you done with the old one?
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 6:38 am

Post by bugspray »

In post 527, Crescent wrote:I didn't even notice that Meg's postcount per day has dropped to the level of Lowell and Bugspray until now. Meg has 3 posts in the last 44 hours. The lurker comment is on point.
a player reactively changing their posting behavior is a strong positive indicator of scumposting, can you pinpoint the exact time this change occured and what may have prompted it?
MY PRONOUNS ARE THEY/THEM

do not assume my posts follow coherency they do not imagine that every time i post i put half of my knowledge into a clone and then the clone murders me
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 6:41 am

Post by MegAzumarill »

I think it directly correlates with the amount of things in the game I have seen that I have found AI.
Imprefection is the spice of life.
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 6:43 am

Post by MegAzumarill »

Most of the past few days has been shuffling nulls around
A few players I consider strongly town but those havent shifted much since my initial impressions.
Imprefection is the spice of life.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 6:57 am

Post by Lowell »

VOTE: Meg. Here's a good wagon.

Fancy and prince are also scum.
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 7:00 am

Post by Vivax »

In post 533, Lowell wrote:VOTE: Meg. Here's a good wagon.

Fancy and prince are also scum.
Not that sure on Meg, can get behind the other ones.
If Meg is town and the other two are mafia, this is how I would bus. So sorry if you expected to be cleared at some point.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 7:06 am

Post by Crescent »

Lowell called Prince, Fred, and Meg scum in #357, and has now cycled a vote on each of them. At the very least, it's consistent.
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 7:14 am

Post by Vivax »

In post 535, Crescent wrote:Lowell called Prince, Fred, and Meg scum in #357, and has now cycled a vote on each of them. At the very least, it's consistent.
Not unlikely to be all correct, but I accepted Megs pocket.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 7:40 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

Why's Meg scum? Posts seem alright so far.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 7:41 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

I could see Lowell as possible scum, lot of jumping around in terms of reads and nothing that feels too solid or concrete other than maybe Meg.
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:08 am

Post by UNOwen »

Since Meg hasn't answered still, the reason I'm asking about his opinion on the wagon is that I'd expect someone who had the reaction they had to the mini pileup on Fred would also show a bit of concern about scum being involved in the almost completely unexplained five vote wagon against himself. Responding to it by ignoring the votes and instead accusing FancyPants of tmi for calling it a bad wagon doesn't seem consistent. To me it looks like Meg couldn't tell whether the wagon was a bluff or not and didn't want to risk looking scummy by overreacting.
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:19 am

Post by UNOwen »

In post 471, FancyPants wrote: For the love of all that is holy I can we not no-elim on day 1, there seems to be some talk that we won't reach a lim. For the record I stand by my townreads of:
{vivax, greeting, Crescent, Prince, Andante, MegAzumaril} from post and I'll add Enchant and Fred, I'll gladly vote with this block.
Where did this idea about no elimination come from?
Prince of Paterson
Prince of Paterson
he/him
Goon
Prince of Paterson
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:24 am

Post by Prince of Paterson »

In post 539, UNOwen wrote:Since Meg hasn't answered still, the reason I'm asking about his opinion on the wagon is that I'd expect someone who had the reaction they had to the mini pileup on Fred would also show a bit of concern about scum being involved in the almost completely unexplained five vote wagon against himself. Responding to it by ignoring the votes and instead accusing FancyPants of tmi for calling it a bad wagon doesn't seem consistent. To me it looks like Meg couldn't tell whether the wagon was a bluff or not and didn't want to risk looking scummy by overreacting.
Hadn't really thought Meg was scummy previously, but this is actually fairly convincing reasoning. I'm okay with this, maybe Pooky is right after all.

VOTE: MegAzumarill
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:31 am

Post by Vivax »

In post 541, Prince of Paterson wrote:
In post 539, UNOwen wrote:Since Meg hasn't answered still, the reason I'm asking about his opinion on the wagon is that I'd expect someone who had the reaction they had to the mini pileup on Fred would also show a bit of concern about scum being involved in the almost completely unexplained five vote wagon against himself. Responding to it by ignoring the votes and instead accusing FancyPants of tmi for calling it a bad wagon doesn't seem consistent. To me it looks like Meg couldn't tell whether the wagon was a bluff or not and didn't want to risk looking scummy by overreacting.
Hadn't really thought Meg was scummy previously, but this is actually fairly convincing reasoning. I'm okay with this, maybe Pooky is right after all.

VOTE: MegAzumarill
You think Meg gives off the impression that they'd show concern at something?
Prince of Paterson
Prince of Paterson
he/him
Goon
Prince of Paterson
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:38 am

Post by Prince of Paterson »

In post 542, Vivax wrote:You think Meg gives off the impression that they'd show concern at something?
Although UNOwen used the word "concern", I don't think that's exactly what he meant, or at least not how I see it. More that there's an inconsistency between the way that Meg responded to the wagon on Fredrick and the wagon on themself. As town, Meg would be more informed that the wagon was bad that they would be about the Fredrick wagon. So I would expect them not to be "concerned", but to be suspicious, or think that scum were taking advantage of the wagon in some way. That defensiveness and pushback can sometimes be scumread, however, so as scum they may choose to ignore it and hope it goes away. There's not really any drive to investigate if the reasons for being wagoned are valid, which is something that they already indicated they cared about when considering the Fredrick wagon.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:40 am

Post by Crescent »

I think Meg is at like 7 votes already by the way let's be careful.

The interesting thing is I don't really think there was anything to respond to at first, as basically no one was giving a reason to be voting him in the first place, and the train looked godawful. The wagon though has gradually become more "serious" in feel for a while now - As actual arguments have been popping up. Like the only thing Meg's responded to recently is an immediate response to my pointing out they only had 3 posts in 44 hours. Why is that the thing Meg bothered to focus on?

I'm not convinced this is scum, but the Andante vote was bad and I don't see anything that really seems defensible in this ISO. I need to see more that resembles content here. Like, the most recent post speaks of a "few players I consider strongly town", but they haven't provided fresh reads in 3 days aside from telling Lee they don't think Enchant is scum.

Also Meg's vote on Fancypants is kinda like DWLee's vote on Enchant. It's just sitting there without anything additional being added onto it, and no reason to actually follow it.

Speaking of Lee though, I asked Lee to talk about anything except for that one post by Enchant and they.... Just... Left?
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:42 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

i think it's wild that meg has yet to express any suspicion of me for pushing on meg when I have done absolutely 0 sorting of meg's slot and I think if meg was town they would at least think why the hell is pooky just shit tunneling me and doing nothing MB pooky is scum!?!?!? but instead Meg is like "this is fine" which feels more like a caught scum reaction
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:42 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

also i am town, I just happen to be insanely lazy
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:44 am

Post by Vivax »

I have seen this movie before
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:45 am

Post by Vivax »

Slow clap, I guess
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:47 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 545, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:i think it's wild that meg has yet to express any suspicion of me for pushing on meg when I have done absolutely 0 sorting of meg's slot and I think if meg was town they would at least think why the hell is pooky just shit tunneling me and doing nothing MB pooky is scum!?!?!? but instead Meg is like "this is fine" which feels more like a caught scum reaction
You've been one of the leading reasons why I've felt something off about the Meg train so this checks out.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”