Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2022 3:41 am

Post by Vivax »

Imagine playing mafia for the logic, but you can't play chess while at it. Where are the hard feelings, the sore backsides and the drama? The best stories aren't made out of logic.

I'm nominating myself to narrator for this game since I'm universally townread anyway, somebody has to.
In post 774, Crescent wrote:
In post 758, Vivax wrote:Coming around to Andante town ftr
For the record, you came off to me all day as town who knows he kinda shit the bed in 2273, and is trying too hard to make up for it here. It's why Meg led you onto Andante so easily.

I'm very much doubting that Meg saw all that attention on one scum, and then decided to immediately start a train on another scum. Andante being scum would be one hell of a 3D chess play that we have no reason to entertain anytime soon.
Sorry, with probably at least a hundred games under my belt I have come to realize that it's not about success in the game, but about the funny stories in them for reminiscing and entertainment purposes. So you can bet I won't try to make up for anything except for low activity.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2022 3:48 am

Post by Crescent »

Oh, Pooky passed Fred in posts during that rush of shitposts, and I only just noticed that now. He was third most of the day. I just know someone is going to nitpick at this so let me nitpick myself <3
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2022 3:49 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 775, Vivax wrote:Imagine playing mafia for the logic, but you can't play chess while at it. Where are the hard feelings, the sore backsides and the drama? The best stories aren't made out of logic.

I'm nominating myself to narrator for this game since I'm universally townread anyway, somebody has to.
For the record, you came off to me all day as town who knows he kinda shit the bed in 2273, and is trying too hard to make up for it here. It's why Meg led you onto Andante so easily.

I'm very much doubting that Meg saw all that attention on one scum, and then decided to immediately start a train on another scum. Andante being scum would be one hell of a 3D chess play that we have no reason to entertain anytime soon.
Sorry, with probably at least a hundred games under my belt I have come to realize that it's not about success in the game, but about the funny stories in them for reminiscing and entertainment purposes. So you can bet I won't try to make up for anything except for low activity.
Didn't you say you were new in 2273?

You certainly played like you were new.
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2022 3:49 am

Post by Vivax »

Another pagetop stolen, another one of Datisis jimmies rustled. Silent curses echoed in the halls of a derelict Croatian castle as quick fingers rustled through dank memes.
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2022 3:51 am

Post by Enchant »

In post 775, Vivax wrote:Imagine playing mafia for the logic

AHAHAHAHHAHAHAH
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2022 3:59 am

Post by Crescent »

Anyways on a more serious note:

I mentioned during day 1 that I'm presumably returning to work from my injury absence tomorrow, and there's no way I'm risking posting while at work after being out for weeks. I gotta reestablish my "I'm so good at my job the managers will overlook me being on my phone for a bit" cred. I really have no idea how this is going to impact my play.

Maybe it's time for... BLOODLUST
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2022 4:01 am

Post by Vivax »

In vain, Crescent wildly scratched at the homunculus that below the surface hid a slumbering beast of supreme power: The great Satyricon. Modern witches had forgotten the ancient ways of text thaumaturgy, so they resorted to more crude means of getting the reactions they wanted to see. Little did she know that the homunculus passed many years of rigorous training at the battlegrounds of TLmafia, the MMA Octagon of mafia now almost deserted. Most players left from having their souls crushed, the few remaining ones scattered. The survivors of the wild fights with minimal moderation that left many a people scarred, and others empowered for they drained their opponents of precious sanity and made it their own.
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2022 4:01 am

Post by UNOwen »

Malcolm's hammer was bad, he needs to explain what arguments he was convinced by and why it took him until Meg was at E-1 to be convinced.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2022 4:11 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 782, UNOwen wrote:Malcolm's hammer was bad, he needs to explain what arguments he was convinced by and why it took him until Meg was at E-1 to be convinced.
It's worse because he was shaded for almost completely ignoring Meg's train before that. It felt obligatory, in a sense.

Anyways ngl bloodlust sounds fun right now. I've played some really measured minis so far, but this is a large and I kinda don't want to wait two whole weeks to impale Fred's head on a spike.

Fun fact: The moment Meg flipped scum, I was thinking about first-post voting Fred and saying "That's one down, and you're next" today if I lived the night. Damnit that would've been baller I should've just done it.
Fredrick A Campbell
Fredrick A Campbell
Any
Mafia Scum
Fredrick A Campbell
Any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2022 4:26 am

Post by Fredrick A Campbell »

I'm kind of thinking the reason I was townreading PookyTheMagicalBear is useless due to WIFOM.

Posting this before I sleep.

Will look through my notes tomorrow.

Off the top of my head, Crescent and bugspray I currently townread.

Vivax did something that caught my attention but I don't quite remember.

That's all I have to say, but there will surely be more.
Fredrick A Campbell
Fredrick A Campbell
Any
Mafia Scum
Fredrick A Campbell
Any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2022 4:28 am

Post by Fredrick A Campbell »

Remember now. Vivax mentioned more in the mafia thread or something like that. After that is when all his nonsensical posting started
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2022 4:31 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 784, Fredrick A Campbell wrote:Off the top of my head, Crescent and
bugspray
I currently townread.

In post 582, Fredrick A Campbell wrote:VOTE: bugspray

Come along, let's pressure this player into giving some opinions.
In post 586, Fredrick A Campbell wrote:Oh, I actually don't mind bugspray getting executed.
In post 595, Fredrick A Campbell wrote:
Spoiler: post 592
In post 592, Andante wrote:
In post 582, Fredrick A Campbell wrote:VOTE: bugspray

Come along, let's pressure this player into giving some opinions.
In post 585, Enchant wrote:VOTE: BUGSPRAY

OBVSCUM DIE
In post 587, Vivax wrote:VOTE: Bugspray

Disclaimer: Not a scumread, but killing not_mafia or people who could be them is always fun.
did bugspray claim maf? what did I miss?

There is no point keeping a player that is not participating in the game.
In post 596, Fredrick A Campbell wrote:bugspray has had five 24-hour days to attempt to find the mafia. That goes for any other player who hasn't been attempting as well.

He has 4 posts the entire rest of the day after this. The justification for the vote is limp as a wet noodle and isn't trying to find scum at all. Now he's calling Bugspray
town
for no reason?

VOTE: Fred

Yeah I should've first post voted this this is so goddamned obvious.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2022 4:42 am

Post by Crescent »

I'd like to specifically note the two people he just called town are the one person who's voting him, and the one person other than the person voting him who clearly wants him dead, and he did this in flagrant disregard of his actions towards the one who voted him yesterday.

Yeah this isn't town. This isn't town thought process.
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2022 4:50 am

Post by Andante »

You TR me doing nothing?

VOTE: Malcolm

this still maf tbh
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2022 4:53 am

Post by Andante »

How would me being scum be a 3d chess move??

I’m actually confused by how easily I’m being TRed for just… not being here?? I don’t think I mentioned Meg once day 1, and now half yall are all “Andante for sure town!!” like, idk how I feel about this, 1 minute yall are like “stupid push on fred… fake annoyance” and next it’s “yeah andante town”

anyone wanna tell me why malcolm is town? or is he the next lim
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2022 5:01 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 789, Andante wrote:

How would me being scum be a 3d chess move??

I’m actually confused by how easily I’m being TRed for just… not being here?? I don’t think I mentioned Meg once day 1, and now half yall are all “Andante for sure town!!” like, idk how I feel about this, 1 minute yall are like “stupid push on fred… fake annoyance” and next it’s “yeah andante town”

anyone wanna tell me why malcolm is town? or is he the next lim
Meg's vote on you is the scummiest thing in Meg's entire ISO. It reeks of scum forcing a reason to go after town.

Also Meg also did it to protect Fred, who is dead obvious scum and is unquestionably the only person we should be voting right now.
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2022 5:04 am

Post by Andante »

OH SNAP yeah that's right!!! so wait... I had 2 scum day 1??? Let's freaking gooooo

uhh I need to look at fred's ISO read quick, I'm missing like the past 400 posts
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2022 5:07 am

Post by geraintm »

In post 761, bugspray wrote:hey just gonna hard claim odd night gunsmith rn and say that i investigated lowell and they do not have a gun

foir the crumb you can see i was immediately trying to challenge someone to a duel and the weapons i offered were all very odd guns

anyhow we yeet freddy
VOTE: frederich with the fucking one avatar of a history looking dude
Im making the assumption that this claim is true, and putting bugspray in my strong town pile and Lowell in likely town
In post 762, bugspray wrote:i think scum were3 freaking out in private when the wagon flashed from two at 4 to suddenly azu as the only wagon. one of the at 4 wagons was certainly scum and then suddenly they have to deal with a new wagon ons cum??? just absurd!
i don't understand this though
In post 765, Enchant wrote:
In post 763, Lowell wrote:Yay I’m harmless! Everyone hug me!
Confirmed Scum Doctor in game.
Check useless.
not useless, just not a clear. dont be bad mouthing Lowell like that
In post 767, Lowell wrote:VOTE: prince

Looks even better after the flip

dont get this
In post 768, Unsure wrote:VOTE: MalcolmTucker the premature hammer is probably last minute bus. MT showed no signs of sussing Meg before that and the excuse is weak. I dont see town MT going for that if theres a risk Meg is green.
i can get going after malcolm though
In post 771, Greeting wrote:No, I'm not going after
MalcolmTucker
, especially that
Unsure
jumped on that wagon so easily.

VOTE: Unsure
who would you have been happy with voting for Malcolm?
In post 785, Fredrick A Campbell wrote:Remember now. Vivax mentioned more in the mafia thread or something like that. After that is when all his nonsensical posting started
i dont understand this post
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2022 5:11 am

Post by Andante »

In post 172, Fredrick A Campbell wrote:PookyTheMagicalBear
Post 4 - Town
Interaction with MegAzumarill (Post 171) suggests not both are mafia

UNOwen
Interaction with Vivax (Posts 106, 108, 119, 122-128, 134, 137-138) suggests not both are mafia

Vivax
Interaction with MegAzumarill (Posts 21-22) suggests not both are mafia
Vote hopping - Non Alignment Indicative
Post 33 - Town
Post 41 - Town
Interaction with UNOwen (Posts 106, 108, 119, 122-128, 134, 137-138) suggests not both are mafia

MegAzumarill
In post 304, Fredrick A Campbell wrote:
In post 297, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:Fred why won't you vote for Meg?
I would vote for MegAzumarill if I have an idea of why MegAzumarill is being voted and I consider the reason warranted to vote MegAzumarill.
In post 564, Fredrick A Campbell wrote:I'm townreading MegAzumarill
In post 565, Fredrick A Campbell wrote:
Spoiler: post 334
In post 334, MegAzumarill wrote:
In post 330, FancyPants wrote:
In post 329, Firebringer wrote:if i had more to say on crescent i would say it. I just read her posts and was like "this person is someone i should look into later"

Why is azumaril wagon bad
Tonal town read on them.
If the only read you have on someone is tonal why would you think its a bad wagon.

To me this feels like tmi that I'm town.
Also dont like the MT vote.
VOTE: Fancypants

I don't believe a player who is Mafia would ask "If the only read you have on someone is tonal why would you think its a bad wagon."
Spoiler: post 337
In post 337, MegAzumarill wrote:The idea that someone is only town off "tone" is incompatible with thinking the wagon is bad. Feels like they know my alignment and so they know I flip town.

Firstly, I don't think a mafioso is going to even think about "The idea that someone is only town off "tone" is incompatible with thinking the wagon is bad."

The "Feels like they know my alignment and so they know I flip town." suggests MegAzumarill was thinking about this as town.
(I had the posts spoilered but it looked weird so I gave up)

It's a strange progression for sure, but meg was a 1-shot roleblocker, like, I DOUBT meg was the most powerful role scum had, so I'm not actually sold that maf would flip to this hard TR of a partner. idk, not too certain I can back a Fred lim right now. Malcolm however... Malcolm had the world's worst push on me, then hammered meg for town cred? lmao yeah no I'll keep my vote on malcolm
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2022 5:11 am

Post by Crescent »

Oh I actually totally missed that Bugspray meaninglessly claimed because to be frank I glanced right over their post.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2022 5:14 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 793, Andante wrote:
In post 172, Fredrick A Campbell wrote:PookyTheMagicalBear
Post 4 - Town
Interaction with MegAzumarill (Post 171) suggests not both are mafia

UNOwen
Interaction with Vivax (Posts 106, 108, 119, 122-128, 134, 137-138) suggests not both are mafia

Vivax
Vote hopping - Non Alignment Indicative
Post 33 - Town
Post 41 - Town
Interaction with UNOwen (Posts 106, 108, 119, 122-128, 134, 137-138) suggests not both are mafia

MegAzumarill
In post 304, Fredrick A Campbell wrote:
In post 297, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:Fred why won't you vote for Meg?
I would vote for MegAzumarill if I have an idea of why MegAzumarill is being voted and I consider the reason warranted to vote MegAzumarill.
In post 564, Fredrick A Campbell wrote:I'm townreading MegAzumarill
In post 565, Fredrick A Campbell wrote:
Spoiler: post 334
In post 334, MegAzumarill wrote:
In post 330, FancyPants wrote:
In post 329, Firebringer wrote:if i had more to say on crescent i would say it. I just read her posts and was like "this person is someone i should look into later"

Why is azumaril wagon bad
Tonal town read on them.
If the only read you have on someone is tonal why would you think its a bad wagon.

To me this feels like tmi that I'm town.
Also dont like the MT vote.
VOTE: Fancypants

I don't believe a player who is Mafia would ask "If the only read you have on someone is tonal why would you think its a bad wagon."
Spoiler: post 337
In post 337, MegAzumarill wrote:The idea that someone is only town off "tone" is incompatible with thinking the wagon is bad. Feels like they know my alignment and so they know I flip town.

Firstly, I don't think a mafioso is going to even think about "The idea that someone is only town off "tone" is incompatible with thinking the wagon is bad."

The "Feels like they know my alignment and so they know I flip town." suggests MegAzumarill was thinking about this as town.
(I had the posts spoilered but it looked weird so I gave up)

It's a strange progression for sure, but meg was a 1-shot roleblocker, like, I DOUBT meg was the most powerful role scum had, so I'm not actually sold that maf would flip to this hard TR of a partner. idk, not too certain I can back a Fred lim right now. Malcolm however... Malcolm had the world's worst push on me, then hammered meg for town cred? lmao yeah no I'll keep my vote on malcolm
The biggest problem I have is that Fred completely avoided even
commenting
on the Meg train until Meg was already at -2. He was throwing his vote all over the place to form a countertrain. Meg and Fred blatantly distanced themselves from pressure on the other without actually calling each other town. Fred throws like 4 votes down as the Meg train is building but won't talk about the Meg train. This is inherently a highly scum-slanted action and Meg's alignment isn't even relevant to this point.
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2022 5:24 am

Post by Andante »

In post 795, Crescent wrote:The biggest problem I have is that Fred completely avoided even commenting on the Meg train until Meg was already at -2. He was throwing his vote all over the place to form a countertrain. Meg and Fred blatantly distanced themselves from pressure on the other without actually calling each other town. Fred throws like 4 votes down as the Meg train is building but won't talk about the Meg train. This is inherently a highly scum-slanted action and Meg's alignment isn't even relevant to this point.
I mean, I'm not saying Fred really had a defense for meg, just "meg is town" and that was that, but town can be wrong, idk, I feel really strongly that malcolm is maf

also, if bugspray claimed, why is pooky dead?
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2022 5:25 am

Post by UNOwen »

Adante = town.

My hesitation with Fred is that Lowell abandoned the Meg wagon for Fred just as it began to gather momentum, and then didn't return until it was clear the Meg wagon was serious. So it seemed like Lowell might have been trying to defuse the pressure on his buddy which obviously doesn't work if Fred is also scum.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2022 5:31 am

Post by Crescent »

It kinda sucks that the only defunct point I've is in the very post I voted him though~

Also I'm just going to let this loose:

I'm actually legit angry at Bugspray for flat out wasting their role on a godawful meaningless claim. Not getting voted off after Meg flipped scum. Too inactive to be worth killing at night. Claims random inno scan for absolutely no reason day 2.

Offensively awful play.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2022 5:32 am

Post by Firebringer »

sad day without pooky
who am i going to shit post with

who am i going to steal reads from
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”