Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #850 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2022 7:04 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 849, Enchant wrote:
In post 848, Firebringer wrote:
In post 846, Enchant wrote:You are blatant mafia worrying i deduce you all.

RIP ya.
Ohhh so you do think im mafia. Lets go into that why don't we???
malculm first.
want to convince me on why i should buss malcom?
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #851 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2022 7:05 am

Post by Enchant »

In post 850, Firebringer wrote:
In post 849, Enchant wrote:
In post 848, Firebringer wrote:

RIP ya.
Ohhh so you do think im mafia. Lets go into that why don't we???
malculm first.
want to convince me on why i should buss malcom?
Nah.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #852 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2022 7:06 am

Post by Firebringer »

RIP ya.
also since when do u have the ego to make this post. it reads more like posturing/acting
Show
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #853 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2022 7:07 am

Post by Firebringer »

enchant i don't know if ur intentionally trying to annoy me or if this question i asked really triggered ur decision just to be as unhelpful as possible

But i gotta say. Good job annoying me.
In post 829, Firebringer wrote:
In post 827, Enchant wrote:It's possible.

Considering main goal of setup is "HEY THERE'S FOR SURE GUNSMITH".
hey pooky was worried about you. should i be?
Show

Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #854 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2022 7:08 am

Post by Enchant »

It's dumb question "Are you mafia" in other way, they are annoying.
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #855 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2022 7:09 am

Post by Vivax »

Firebringer shook at the prospect of what Enchant was about to unleash and was in denial at the sight of the metamorphosis unfolding in front of him
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #856 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2022 7:11 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 854, Enchant wrote:It's dumb question "Are you mafia" in other way, they are annoying.
and instead of just answering honestly like that, you gave a ridiculous answer that looked fake as hell.

w/e ill drop it now. Think ur checked out from actually talking to me and I don't believe ur answers are ai anymore.
Show

Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him; they/them

Post Post #857 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2022 7:12 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 830, Crescent wrote:
In post 828, Firebringer wrote:
In post 826, Crescent wrote:
In post 823, Firebringer wrote:
In post 820, Greeting wrote:
In post 818, Crescent wrote:Also Bugspray randomly claiming GS as scum to start day 2 would be insane why are they even on your list?
Claiming Gunsmith is not automatically town indicative. There could be a mafia-aligned Gunsmith, and if there is,
bugspray
could be trying to gain towncred by claiming this and working with town.
Or you know....if bs is mafia. They are just faking being gunsmith. The idea they have to be gunsmith is weird idea to assume is the truthful part if you think could be mafia.
Only way he's scum is if he's actually "scum aligned gunsmith", or scum otherwise
knows
town doesn't have a gunsmith, or else he gets instantly countered and slaughtered.

Between that and Fred countertraining him against Meg, I don't even have an interest in humoring Bugspray being scum at the moment.
ummm its very easy to fake claim gunsmith as mafia.
why would scum assume town has a gunsmith here to counter?
Wait why am i going down this argument.

We both agree Bug isn't mafia. I should avoid pointless arguments
Because it's statistically the most likely PR town has given the setup. Claiming the role blind at the start of the day is absolutely bonkers unless they have a reason to think otherwise.
I would not make assumptions about what a closed setup is and whatnot, and even less would I treat them as fact and assume that the opposite is 'bonkers'. That's all I have to say on the matter of setup speculation.

While my list could have been seen as PoE, truthfully it is not - it is just a list of players which I did not townclear. Regardless of whether he's a town-aligned or mafia-aligned Gunsmith, it is not worth our time to consider eliminating him, at least for the time being.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #858 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2022 7:13 am

Post by Firebringer »

VOTE: Malcolm
Show

Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #859 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2022 7:17 am

Post by Enchant »

In post 856, Firebringer wrote:
In post 854, Enchant wrote:It's dumb question "Are you mafia" in other way, they are annoying.
and instead of just answering honestly like that, you gave a ridiculous answer that looked fake as hell.
Run in fear
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #860 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2022 7:18 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 825, Firebringer wrote:
In post 814, Greeting wrote:I suppose I could leave Firebringer and geraintm out for the time being. Although I am not very sure about these two, they have given me some stuff to townread them for, while the rest are all kinda shady.
i am interested in what i have done that is shady
Well, my mind registered you as solely interacting with
Pooky
on Day 1 and that is behavior which I read as abnormal/not expected from an average townie.

I have never played with you before though so I read you at face value, unlike
Pooky
or
Enchant
, both of whom I know from past games.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #861 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2022 7:25 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 816, Crescent wrote:
In post 814, Greeting wrote:So I just did an exercise where I took the names of all remaining players and removed the ones I'm townreading. Order is not relevant.

{
Unsure
Firebringer
Fredrick A Campbell
Dwlee99
Lowell
bugspray
geraintm
UNOwen
Prince of Paterson
}

I suppose I could leave
Firebringer
and
geraintm
out for the time being. Although I am not very sure about these two, they have given me some stuff to townread them for, while the rest are all kinda shady.
Crescent
made a good observation about
gera
In post 773, Crescent wrote:Gera's last two posts of the day are not posts I see him making as scum. Gera doesn't naughty point someone for a hammer if he knows the guy is going to flip scum.
I overlooked that post but yes, you are correct in that it does point towards town
geraintm

{
Unsure
Fredrick A Campbell
Dwlee99
Lowell
bugspray
UNOwen
Prince of Paterson
}

If I am correct, all the remaining mafia should be amongst the remaining seven. If we had a 5-member scumteam then more than half of them are scum, and if we had a 3-member scumteam then it's almost half.
I've been led to believe that 4 scum in minis and 5 scum in larges is effectively a hard no here. In 2272 I immediately assumed 4 scum in the game and was shot down on that rather quickly.
Do you think we have 4 scums then, as in 3 left? Or 6 scums and 5 left? Not sure how to interpret your answer.

I have played one 13p mini which had 4 scum, but the host was criticised for it in the post-game when game ended early with a mafia win.
Prince of Paterson
Prince of Paterson
he/him
Goon
Prince of Paterson
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #862 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2022 7:42 am

Post by Prince of Paterson »

In post 784, Fredrick A Campbell wrote:I'm kind of thinking the reason I was townreading PookyTheMagicalBear is useless due to WIFOM.
I don't know if this was intended to be a dumbtell, but I am having trouble believing that someone who early on was reading carefully enough to be noting down interactions as non-partnered and correcting the mod on votecounts would not notice who the nightkill was.

VOTE: Fredrick

I agree with Crescent's thoughts so far for the most part. I think it's fine to trust her as town for now. I expect that she is a pretty good scum player who would be willing and able to control the game, but I think especially her frustration near the end of day yesterday at the lack of action feels uninformed. Scum would know that it could look bad in the face of an imminent scumflip. I also think that the somewhat shaky townreading of Lowell for being active near end of day is the specific brand of not quite rational play that comes from town, letting your emotional take on the game influence your reads.

I would be fine with a Malcolm wagon as well.
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #863 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2022 10:24 am

Post by Vivax »

In post 797, UNOwen wrote:Adante = town.

My hesitation with Fred is that Lowell abandoned the Meg wagon for Fred just as it began to gather momentum, and then didn't return until it was clear the Meg wagon was serious. So it seemed like Lowell might have been trying to defuse the pressure on his buddy which obviously doesn't work if Fred is also scum.
I tried to puzzle together the purpose behind this post.

Looking at Lowell's ISO it doesn't seem like one should assume that they wanted to defuse pressure. Both Fred and Meg were their scumreads and it looks like they were flexibly swapping between the wagons.
The post above implies a 100% scumread on Lowell considering that the purpose of that post seems to be at most
to townread Fred off Lowells presumed mafia-alignment
, but nowhere else is there an indication of a Lowell scumread from Owen.

UNOwen claimed Malcolms hammer was bad and there's a decent wagon right from SoD, but didn't vote.

Spoiler:
In post 782, UNOwen wrote:Malcolm's hammer was bad, he needs to explain what arguments he was convinced by and why it took him until Meg was at E-1 to be convinced.

So
VOTE: UNOwen
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #864 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2022 10:44 am

Post by Vivax »

The game of mafia seems at times like an escape room game with two teams that have to eliminate each other. In a way, it‘s a bit like the SAW horror movie.
That room you‘re in can heat up quite a bit in the process, if this was a room in SAW and people started to randomly try to slay each other, maybe one should ask around why there‘s a tree in the middle of the room that isn‘t trying to eliminate anyone.
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #865 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2022 10:48 am

Post by Vivax »

863 clarification. They is Lowell when I meant they were flexibly swapping.
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #866 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2022 12:19 pm

Post by UNOwen »

In post 863, Vivax wrote: I tried to puzzle together the purpose behind this post.

Looking at Lowell's ISO it doesn't seem like one should assume that they wanted to defuse pressure. Both Fred and Meg were their scumreads and it looks like they were flexibly swapping between the wagons.
The post above implies a 100% scumread on Lowell considering that the purpose of that post seems to be at most
to townread Fred off Lowells presumed mafia-alignment
, but nowhere else is there an indication of a Lowell scumread from Owen.

UNOwen claimed Malcolms hammer was bad and there's a decent wagon right from SoD, but didn't vote.

Spoiler:
In post 782, UNOwen wrote:Malcolm's hammer was bad, he needs to explain what arguments he was convinced by and why it took him until Meg was at E-1 to be convinced.

So
VOTE: UNOwen
I don't think it's that complicated, Lowell's wagon swapping looks scummy and Lowell scum would clear Fred.

You aren't considering the context of his votes. When he switched to Fred, the Meg wagon had reached 5 and the Fred wagon was at 4. Since his last post the Meg wagon had gained 3 votes, while Fred wagon gained 2 which it lost in the same period. So with two scumreads why not stick on the wagon with momentum? Then when the Fred wagon fell apart, his next vote switch was against Prince (who didn't have any other voters at that point) instead of returning to the Meg wagon which still had 4 votes. No mention of Meg in those posts either (,). It wasn't until arguments started being pushed for Meg being scum that Lowell rejoined the wagon - but he was claiming to scumread Meg already, so he wouldn't need persuasion.
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #867 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2022 12:24 pm

Post by UNOwen »

Yo, Greeting:
In post 822, UNOwen wrote:
In post 819, Greeting wrote:Most likely one of them is, least likely both are town.
Why?
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #868 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2022 12:25 pm

Post by Vivax »

I‘ll probably respond in more detail when not phoneposting, but since you‘re thinking in flipclearing terms, who do you think got cleared by Megs flip?
One could think you‘d also be applying that logic retrospectively.
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #869 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2022 12:28 pm

Post by UNOwen »

Firebringer, Greeting
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #870 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2022 12:42 pm

Post by Andante »

In post 861, Greeting wrote:
In post 816, Crescent wrote:
In post 814, Greeting wrote:So I just did an exercise where I took the names of all remaining players and removed the ones I'm townreading. Order is not relevant.

{
Unsure
Firebringer
Fredrick A Campbell
Dwlee99
Lowell
bugspray
geraintm
UNOwen
Prince of Paterson
}

I suppose I could leave
Firebringer
and
geraintm
out for the time being. Although I am not very sure about these two, they have given me some stuff to townread them for, while the rest are all kinda shady.
Crescent
made a good observation about
gera
In post 773, Crescent wrote:Gera's last two posts of the day are not posts I see him making as scum. Gera doesn't naughty point someone for a hammer if he knows the guy is going to flip scum.
I overlooked that post but yes, you are correct in that it does point towards town
geraintm

{
Unsure
Fredrick A Campbell
Dwlee99
Lowell
bugspray
UNOwen
Prince of Paterson
}

If I am correct, all the remaining mafia should be amongst the remaining seven. If we had a 5-member scumteam then more than half of them are scum, and if we had a 3-member scumteam then it's almost half.
I've been led to believe that 4 scum in minis and 5 scum in larges is effectively a hard no here. In 2272 I immediately assumed 4 scum in the game and was shot down on that rather quickly.
Do you think we have 4 scums then, as in 3 left? Or 6 scums and 5 left? Not sure how to interpret your answer.

I have played one 13p mini which had 4 scum, but the host was criticised for it in the post-game when game ended early with a mafia win.
@Greeting
I think Dwlee is town, based off Meg's actions. Meg's first RVS vote was Dwlee, and bugspray's duel thing day 1 was probably gunsmith related, and I can see town doing that. so I would take those 2 out of the poe, which leaves

Unsure, Frederick, Lowell, UNO, Prince

and now, I really like Prince calling out Fredrick "missing the nightkill" def could be a bus, but uhh I'm at the conclusion Fredrick maf I think

Greeting, why do you TR Malcolm?
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #871 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2022 12:54 pm

Post by Lowell »

You people trying to scumread me need to try harder. Bugs says I have no gun and there’s all of a sudden a suspiciously large number of ppl eager to lowkey scumread me. Seems awfully convenient if you get what I’m saying.
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #872 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2022 1:20 pm

Post by Vivax »

In post 871, Lowell wrote:You people trying to scumread me need to try harder. Bugs says I have no gun and there’s all of a sudden a suspiciously large number of ppl eager to lowkey scumread me. Seems awfully convenient if you get what I’m saying.
It IS awfully convenient. They sell Lowell scumreads in bulk at Aldi around here for 50c a piece. You should be able to find a few at Costcos over there.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #873 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2022 1:54 pm

Post by Lowell »

Ha. Burn.
Fredrick A Campbell
Fredrick A Campbell
Any
Mafia Scum
Fredrick A Campbell
Any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #874 (ISO) » Sun Jul 17, 2022 2:15 pm

Post by Fredrick A Campbell »

Spoiler: post 862
In post 862, Prince of Paterson wrote:
In post 784, Fredrick A Campbell wrote:I'm kind of thinking the reason I was townreading PookyTheMagicalBear is useless due to WIFOM.
I don't know if this was intended to be a dumbtell, but I am having trouble believing that someone who early on was reading carefully enough to be noting down interactions as non-partnered and correcting the mod on votecounts would not notice who the nightkill was.

VOTE: Fredrick

I agree with Crescent's thoughts so far for the most part. I think it's fine to trust her as town for now. I expect that she is a pretty good scum player who would be willing and able to control the game, but I think especially her frustration near the end of day yesterday at the lack of action feels uninformed. Scum would know that it could look bad in the face of an imminent scumflip. I also think that the somewhat shaky townreading of Lowell for being active near end of day is the specific brand of not quite rational play that comes from town, letting your emotional take on the game influence your reads.

I would be fine with a Malcolm wagon as well.

I actually mentioned my PookyTheMagicalBear read is WIFOM to demonstrate that I really think something was wrong with the way I was townreading certain players and I will be reevaluating some of my reasons to see if they hold up to this slightly higher standard. I removed the part where I talked about reevaluating my reads from the post and started to talk about something else instead.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”