MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8350 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 6:10 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 8280, Best Bird wrote:
In post 8271, MalcolmTucker wrote:Presuming Taly is town here though
Why are we doing this?
It was in my hypothetical scenario, but I do TR Taly.
Best Bird
Best Bird
Goon
Best Bird
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8351 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 6:12 am

Post by Best Bird »

In post 8350, MalcolmTucker wrote:
Why are we doing this?
ok - but why? you were on the taly wagon yesterday, no?
Off The Hook
Off The Hook
Goon
Off The Hook
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8352 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 6:13 am

Post by Off The Hook »

In post 8274, Dancing Puppets wrote:
In post 8271, MalcolmTucker wrote:Presuming Taly is town here though, wouldn't scum Enchant be more inclined to vote on either wagon? Easy cover if they vote for someone who is eliminated and comes back town given the gladiate thing. I know Enchant likes to hammer though.
Idk but for someone who was pushing a lim so hard, you think he would have voted someone but it’s making me wonder that he votes Taly right after CSF votes Math.

So, if STD doesn’t confirm him as IC, he could possibly be scum here, especially if Math is, because that Taly vote looked hella suss to me.

It’s possible you could be right though but if Math is scum here, Enchant definitely looks worse for that Taly vote.
eh, not quite true, I did think no lim was solid for a time but after I realized Cephrir should have left Taly out of gladiation options entirely, I stopped caring if he lived or died. At that point, I determined he was not playing a sensible game and would be a liability. To further this point, when he was polling people for gladiation, he put you in his options despite there being no wagon on you at all up to that point. So it was never about town cohesion for him, it was about getting his way.

~GE
Don't get cooked, stay Off The Hook!
Off The Hook
Off The Hook
Goon
Off The Hook
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8353 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 6:15 am

Post by Off The Hook »

In post 8276, Dancing Puppets wrote:viewtopic.php?p=13449665&user_select%5B ... #p13449665

@Math, I’m really sorry you have Covid but how do you account for sounding so differently in Terminator and this game, which you were playing simultaneously?
idk about terminator but Math did post 1 thing that resembles him in PYP, so I'm not set on math being scum

~GE
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8354 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 6:15 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 8323, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Well, you're wrong on me and your push is awful. You're saying it's unlikely that in a 26 player game, 21 of which are town, that we would have 3 D1 wagons on town? Like, the wagons on 6 or 7 votes are pretty much meaningless given they're barely 50% of the way to a lim. I don't see what you're getting at at all? The kill on a Mason makes little sense does it? Your NKA is just as bad as your VCA.

Why is the Math push easy and why does easy = town? As if Math being sick has absolutely anything to do with the vote, let's not get silly here.
I don't necessarily agree that the Math push is "easy" but can understand the logic that it feels like the most common/repeated suggestion that's been coming up since shortly after they replaced into the game, and if Math comes back town then it's definitely a useful slot for scum to push. All that being said I don't think it necessarily detracts from the overall argument that there's a reasonable chance of them being scum.
Off The Hook
Off The Hook
Goon
Off The Hook
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8355 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 6:16 am

Post by Off The Hook »

In post 8283, Taly wrote:
Johnny
I didn't see a reply to your read on me

Gamma
you change scumreads everything I pay attention to your slot
Any posts that aren't tagged "~GE" are Marci
Does that clear anything up? If not, I can walk you through my recent thought process.

~GE
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8356 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 6:17 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 8351, Best Bird wrote:
In post 8350, MalcolmTucker wrote:
Why are we doing this?
ok - but why? you were on the taly wagon yesterday, no?
Because it was a gladiate. We had to vote out Ceph or Taly. I didn't want no lim, and fundamentally didn't believe in the end that scum Ceph would have risked gladiating Taly D1 when they were unlikely to be voted out anyway. I had my doubts and understand why other people felt it could be a scum gambit but didn't think it was worth the risk in the end. I'd also TR'd Ceph for a while before the gladiate anyway, so was in a position where I'd have to vote for someone I didn't really think was scum.
Dancing Puppets
Dancing Puppets
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Dancing Puppets
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #8357 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 6:18 am

Post by Dancing Puppets »

In post 8347, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
In post 8343, Dancing Puppets wrote:If you are town, you should scumread Enchant and possibly Bella as their votes kept the conversation on TvT wagons.

~Titus
What is this in reference to?
Your wagon and gamestate.

~Titus
Dance, dance
And these are the lives you love to lead
~ Fall Out Boy

Hydra of Titus and Nancy Drew 39
Dancing Puppets
Dancing Puppets
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Dancing Puppets
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8358 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 6:20 am

In post 8352, Off The Hook wrote:
In post 8274, Dancing Puppets wrote:
In post 8271, MalcolmTucker wrote:Presuming Taly is town here though, wouldn't scum Enchant be more inclined to vote on either wagon? Easy cover if they vote for someone who is eliminated and comes back town given the gladiate thing. I know Enchant likes to hammer though.
Idk but for someone who was pushing a lim so hard, you think he would have voted someone but it’s making me wonder that he votes Taly right after CSF votes Math.

So, if STD doesn’t confirm him as IC, he could possibly be scum here, especially if Math is, because that Taly vote looked hella suss to me.

It’s possible you could be right though but if Math is scum here, Enchant definitely looks worse for that Taly vote.
eh, not quite true, I did think no lim was solid for a time but after I realized Cephrir should have left Taly out of gladiation options entirely, I stopped caring if he lived or died. At that point, I determined he was not playing a sensible game and would be a liability. To further this point, when he was polling people for gladiation, he put you in his options despite there being no wagon on you at all up to that point. So it was never about town cohesion for him, it was about getting his way.

~GE
I still thought he was town from the gladiate.
Dance, dance
~ Fall Out Boy

Dancing Puppets
Dancing Puppets
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Dancing Puppets
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8359 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 6:20 am

In post 8344, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
In post 8332, Dancing Puppets wrote: Titus is a huge proponent of VCA and I’m not convinced you’re town here based on your play during Deputy Cultists where you were town, so I could easily switch our vote back.

You’re one the slots I’m not currently tr.
As am I. The problem with Titus' VCA is that it's extremely basic. Like, level 0 analysis. 'Two wagons were town therefore 3rd wagon is scum'. That's horrific.

You really shouldn't use meta to read me.

It's not lockscum but I have no reason to TR you. Gamestate says you're scum. The other VCA person agrees with this analysis.

If you hate my initial one, where's yours?

~Titus
Dance, dance
~ Fall Out Boy

Off The Hook
Off The Hook
Goon
Off The Hook
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8360 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 6:21 am

Post by Off The Hook »

In post 8285, Dancing Puppets wrote:
Johnny

Gamma
I don’t think scum!Gamma goes out on such a limb to save you. Also, I explained the Marci alignment-based posting thing. That slot is never scum here.
Why don't you think I go that far? I feel like I have done somewhat similar in a
certain
game. There are some minute details that diverge but idk if this read is a general one or more particular to my actions here.

~GE
Dancing Puppets
Dancing Puppets
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Dancing Puppets
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8361 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 6:21 am

In post 8353, Off The Hook wrote:
In post 8276, Dancing Puppets wrote:viewtopic.php?p=13449665&user_select%5B ... #p13449665

@Math, I’m really sorry you have Covid but how do you account for sounding so differently in Terminator and this game, which you were playing simultaneously?
idk about terminator but Math did post 1 thing that resembles him in PYP, so I'm not set on math being scum

~GE
Which was?
Dance, dance
~ Fall Out Boy

Off The Hook
Off The Hook
Goon
Off The Hook
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8362 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 6:23 am

Post by Off The Hook »

In post 8294, Dancing Puppets wrote:
In post 8291, Malakittens wrote:Willing to go enchant. Less likely with math

Still agree with gamma hydra town.

Bbl
I sent a pm to the mods wrt to his IC claim, still waiting on an answer.

Why do you tr Math?
why would you send the mod a PM? Did you think that post was enchant opting to reveal?

~GE
Dancing Puppets
Dancing Puppets
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Dancing Puppets
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8363 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 6:23 am

In post 8360, Off The Hook wrote:
In post 8285, Dancing Puppets wrote:
Johnny

Gamma
I don’t think scum!Gamma goes out on such a limb to save you. Also, I explained the Marci alignment-based posting thing. That slot is never scum here.
Why don't you think I go that far? I feel like I have done somewhat similar in a
certain
game. There are some minute details that diverge but idk if this read is a general one or more particular to my actions here.

~GE
Well I don’t recall scum!you doing that? but you did sound extremely earnest about saving Taly and it read extremely genuine to me.
Dance, dance
~ Fall Out Boy

BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8364 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 6:24 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

In post 8357, Dancing Puppets wrote: Your wagon and gamestate.

~Titus
Can you link posts or something?
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Best Bird
Best Bird
Goon
Best Bird
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8365 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 6:24 am

Post by Best Bird »

In post 8356, MalcolmTucker wrote:Because it was a gladiate. We had to vote out Ceph or Taly. I didn't want no lim, and fundamentally didn't believe in the end that scum Ceph would have risked gladiating Taly D1 when they were unlikely to be voted out anyway. I had my doubts and understand why other people felt it could be a scum gambit but didn't think it was worth the risk in the end. I'd also TR'd Ceph for a while before the gladiate anyway, so was in a position where I'd have to vote for someone I didn't really think was scum.
ok - that explains why you were on wagon, but why are you tr'ing taly?
Off The Hook
Off The Hook
Goon
Off The Hook
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8366 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 6:25 am

Post by Off The Hook »

In post 8361, Dancing Puppets wrote:

~GE
Which was?
his read flip on Taly
while I think scum probably wanted Taly in the gladiate and wanted to try to get Taly dead, Math's execution of it was so transparently awful that it seems off. He did the same thing when flipping his opinion on me in PYP from "she hasn't towntold" to "she hasn't scumtold"

~GE
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8367 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 6:26 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

In post 8359, Dancing Puppets wrote: It's not lockscum but I have no reason to TR you. Gamestate says you're scum. The other VCA person agrees with this analysis.

If you hate my initial one, where's yours?

~Titus
Tell me more about how the gamestate makes me scum. And I don't mean keep using generic, vague statements that include buzzwords.

I mean the nitty gritty.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Off The Hook
Off The Hook
Goon
Off The Hook
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8368 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 6:27 am

Post by Off The Hook »

In post 8299, Dancing Puppets wrote:
In post 8297, Bell wrote:You guys are absolute suckers for taking Enchant's IC claim even semi-seriously.
Yeah STD would have already confirmed it if real.

Enchant was really super townie in Terminator, so could well be scum here.
good to see Nancy also on board the Enchant!scum idea, shows it's probably correct.

~GE
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8369 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 6:29 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 8365, Best Bird wrote:
In post 8356, MalcolmTucker wrote:Because it was a gladiate. We had to vote out Ceph or Taly. I didn't want no lim, and fundamentally didn't believe in the end that scum Ceph would have risked gladiating Taly D1 when they were unlikely to be voted out anyway. I had my doubts and understand why other people felt it could be a scum gambit but didn't think it was worth the risk in the end. I'd also TR'd Ceph for a while before the gladiate anyway, so was in a position where I'd have to vote for someone I didn't really think was scum.
ok - that explains why you were on wagon, but why are you tr'ing taly?
I feel like their posts have been pretty good/reasonable on the whole - keen to solve the game but not particularly pursuing things with a deliberate or manipulative agenda, and active and engaging when pushed or pressed.

I also thought they responded to the gladiate pretty reasonably given the circumstances. Given the surprising nature of it I could see scum flailing around a lot more there and growing much more desperate to remain in the game.
Dancing Puppets
Dancing Puppets
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Dancing Puppets
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8370 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 6:29 am

In post 8366, Off The Hook wrote:
In post 8361, Dancing Puppets wrote:

~GE
Which was?
his read flip on Taly
while I think scum probably wanted Taly in the gladiate and wanted to try to get Taly dead, Math's execution of it was so transparently awful that it seems off. He did the same thing when flipping his opinion on me in PYP from "she hasn't towntold" to "she hasn't scumtold"

~GE
Maybe? I think it was more extreme in PYP though but not sheeping any scumreads today, since Frog was town.
Dance, dance
~ Fall Out Boy

Off The Hook
Off The Hook
Goon
Off The Hook
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8371 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 6:30 am

Post by Off The Hook »

i dont agree with gammas opinions

they suck
Dancing Puppets
Dancing Puppets
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Dancing Puppets
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8372 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 6:31 am

In post 8368, Off The Hook wrote:
In post 8299, Dancing Puppets wrote:
In post 8297, Bell wrote:You guys are absolute suckers for taking Enchant's IC claim even semi-seriously.
Yeah STD would have already confirmed it if real.

Enchant was really super townie in Terminator, so could well be scum here.
good to see Nancy also on board the Enchant!scum idea, shows it's probably correct.

~GE
You seem to be pretty good at reading him, so this gives me more confidence.

He sounds similar to both PYP and Chromavalon here I think.
Dance, dance
~ Fall Out Boy

Off The Hook
Off The Hook
Goon
Off The Hook
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8373 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 6:31 am

Post by Off The Hook »

In post 8349, Dancing Puppets wrote:
In post 8345, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
In post 8341, Dancing Puppets wrote:If Titus wants to switch our vote back, I’m not opposed. I just really hated Enchant’s Taly vote.

I’m okay with Enchant/Math/BBT but Titus thinks Math could be town, so idk. I really didn’t like BBT’s reaction to my voting Enchant, since I don’t see anything remotely suss about my vote.
My reaction to you voting Enchant? My reaction was nothing to do with that and everything to do with your slot making an awful push on me and then just trying to sidestep it.
We are a freaking hydra, so you can get reckt!
BBT is a mafiascum boomer, read his sig! :lol:

~GE
Dancing Puppets
Dancing Puppets
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Dancing Puppets
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8374 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 6:33 am

In post 8371, Off The Hook wrote:i dont agree with gammas opinions

they suck
Wow and I thought our hydra had the most dissonance here but I think you guys just won that. :lol:

Which opinions do you disagree with?
Dance, dance
~ Fall Out Boy

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”