MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8550 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:01 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 8530, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Because Dunn died for reasons?

Or for the same reasons you decided to try and scum read me?
By the sounds of it Dunn probably died for soft-claiming. Could be some self-motivation re players he scumread, but in a game of this size if you're scum then one townie sussing you without proof isn't necessarily something to worry about too much.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8551 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:02 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 8547, Off The Hook wrote:My point specifically is that 1 veto only seems particularly scum-driven in order to mitigate DP's ability to interfere with Bell's pushes. I don't really feel that Bell should be specifically granting DP a veto and the fact that you're pushing that I am is strange.
The idea of a "veto" is essentially a bit meaningless anyway, the rest of the game is entitled to push who they want and while DP can defend them it's not an exemption from elimination, otherwise nobody would ever be voted out barring the occasional consensus.
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #8552 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:03 am

Post by T-Bone »

In post 8549, Off The Hook wrote:
In post 8546, T-Bone wrote:Weren't you the one claiming (or agreeing with the person claiming) that scum would magically try and lim Taly on Day 2 because they knew Ceph would flip town? I'm sorry if I'm misattributing that take to you...but that's the take I was mocking.
I believe I said if Ceph was town then scum pushed him into the Taly gladiate for the motive I have outlined. I don't see what accomplishes other than a) being a shithead and b) trying to deconstruct my argument against you pre-emptively because while you weren't a leading suspect for me att, you were definitely a part of why Taly got gladiated over anyone else.

~GE
That post accomplished nothing which is what I immediately said in my next post and then reiterated for you in this post.
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
Dancing Puppets
Dancing Puppets
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Dancing Puppets
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #8553 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:03 am

Post by Dancing Puppets »

In post 8546, T-Bone wrote:Weren't you the one claiming (or agreeing with the person claiming) that scum would magically try and lim Taly on Day 2 because they knew Ceph would flip town? I'm sorry if I'm misattributing that take to you...but that's the take I was mocking.
I wanted a no lim because I thought scum would be more likely to push the survivor of the gladiate, whichever way it went and I think Ceph probably would have been even more likely to be wagoned than Taly in that case.
Dance, dance
And these are the lives you love to lead
~ Fall Out Boy

Hydra of Titus and Nancy Drew 39
Off The Hook
Off The Hook
Goon
Off The Hook
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8554 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:04 am

Post by Off The Hook »

In post 8550, MalcolmTucker wrote:

By the sounds of it Dunn probably died for soft-claiming. Could be some self-motivation re players he scumread, but in a game of this size if you're scum then one townie sussing you without proof isn't necessarily something to worry about too much.
it's a really bad look that BBT is making a big deal of "Dunn was pushing BBT before he died" as a point and trying to deflect it onto
literally anyone else

~GE
Don't get cooked, stay Off The Hook!
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #8555 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:04 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 8536, Off The Hook wrote:
my belief is scum wanted Taly out before he becomes unassailable by being obvtown

I think Bell acted in such a manner via his baselessly strong push for Taly's death D1, and I think he would view it as furthering wincon if he could trade a Taly veto for locking DP out of any further vetoes.

~GE
This feels like a silly thing to believe.

Ceph chose Taly for the gladiate. Ceph flipped town.

When the gladiate happened, every single flips townie (Dunn, Frog, and Ceph) and one of the masons (Roden) voted for Taly.

(I was also voting Taly, but you don't know my alignement, so :shrug:)

Acting like the push for Taly was some scum plot feels reductive.

------

This has been a consistent and repeated trend of me seeing post after post of people saying: I think that the scum team is doing
_(Something that Luke was doing)_
---

Which really messes with me. Because on one hand it, it makes me want to completely ignore the argument because I know that a townie was thinking/doing the thing. But on the other hand it makes me want to shout at people: "THEN WHY ARE YOU NOT SCUM READING ME"
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #8556 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:05 am

Post by Bell »

In post 8547, Off The Hook wrote:My point specifically is that 1 veto only seems particularly scum-driven in order to mitigate DP's ability to interfere with Bell's pushes. I don't really feel that Bell should be specifically granting DP a veto and the fact that you're pushing that I am is strange.
I don't have much idea why, but it feels like because you didn't disagree or you didn't care how frustrated Luke and I were at Nancy spamming the thread saying taly was town. But there's your explanation. I gave up. There wee a lot of people calling Taly town.
and you just ignored the case I made on them and called it empty when I least made a case. Unlike PD, Nancy, Johnny, etc who just went "so town" over and over.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8557 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:05 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 8553, Dancing Puppets wrote:
I wanted a no lim because I thought scum would be more likely to push the survivor of the gladiate, whichever way it went and I think Ceph probably would have been even more likely to be wagoned than Taly in that case.
Scum could have pushed there but not 100% convinced Ceph would have been easily wagoned this turn. Plenty of people who TR'd them and they could've tried to argue it was just a bold town gambit that failed - again, like with the gladiate itself, the motive to do it doesn't work if Ceph reckons they're just getting eliminated the next day anyway. And again in a game of this size actually maintaining a wagon without it seeming too forced won't be easy for scum unless lots of others are onboard.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #8558 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:05 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 8555, Lukewarm wrote:But on the other hand it makes me want to shout at people: "THEN WHY ARE YOU NOT SCUM READING ME"
My gut reaction is to feel like they keep coming from scum, because it is not real thoughts being applied to the player list evenly.

But then it has come from too many slots.

So, I just feel confused.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #8559 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:07 am

Post by Bell »

I'm making an exception and I don't really hard scum read Taly anyway.
They were very much a "I STRONGLY PREFER TALY TO CEPHRIR WHO I THINK IS TOWN AND NO LIM ISN'T an OPTION"
before just getting fed up and voting cephrir out.

This isn't difficult.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8560 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:07 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 8555, Lukewarm wrote:
my belief is scum wanted Taly out before he becomes unassailable by being obvtown

I think Bell acted in such a manner via his baselessly strong push for Taly's death D1, and I think he would view it as furthering wincon if he could trade a Taly veto for locking DP out of any further vetoes.

~GE

When the gladiate happened, every single flips townie (Dunn, Frog, and Ceph) and one of the masons (Roden) voted for Taly.

------

This has been a consistent and repeated trend of me seeing post after post of people saying: I think that the scum team is doing
---

Which really messes with me. Because on one hand it, it makes me want to completely ignore the argument because I know that a townie was thinking/doing the thing. But on the other hand it makes me want to shout at people: "THEN WHY ARE YOU NOT SCUM READING ME"
Agreed, if Taly is town I imagine scum took a mix of approaches - probably tried to even themselves out a bit, and in one or two cases I wouldn't be shocked if there's some panicky types who jumped around a bit for what they believed to be the most opportune elimination.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #8561 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:08 am

Post by Lukewarm »

And to be clear Gamma.

I accept exactly Zero (0) vetoes from Nancy.

So, it really confuses me to see you say that Bell, if town, should be willing to accept More Then One (>1) Veto for nancy, or conversely, you see scum motivation behind being unwilling to accept multiple from her.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8562 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:08 am

Post by Bellaphant »

In post 8558, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 8555, Lukewarm wrote:But on the other hand it makes me want to shout at people: "THEN WHY ARE YOU NOT SCUM READING ME"
My gut reaction is to feel like they keep coming from scum, because it is not real thoughts being applied to the player list evenly.

But then it has come from too many slots.

So, I just feel confused.
Can you elaborate on this bit? I was following before.
Off The Hook
Off The Hook
Goon
Off The Hook
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8563 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:09 am

Post by Off The Hook »

In post 8556, Bell wrote:
I don't have much idea why, but it feels like because you didn't disagree or you didn't care how frustrated Luke and I were at Nancy spamming the thread saying taly was town. But there's your explanation. I gave up. There wee a lot of people calling Taly town.
and you just ignored the case I made on them and called it empty when I least made a case. Unlike PD, Nancy, Johnny, etc who just went "so town" over and over.
idk if I deliberately ignored your case on Taly, maybe I just saw it and didn't think to respond. But I definitely DID make my own case for Taly!town which I believe you never engaged yourself!

~GE
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8564 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:09 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 8554, Off The Hook wrote:

it's a really bad look that BBT is making a big deal of "Dunn was pushing BBT before he died" as a point and trying to deflect it onto
literally anyone else

~GE
Only issue is, if BBT was scum would he want to remind everyone of Dunn SR's him?
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #8565 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:10 am

Post by T-Bone »

I feel the same way Luke, maybe you're my secret alt.

Dancing Puppets
Dancing Puppets
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Dancing Puppets
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #8566 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:11 am

Post by Dancing Puppets »

In post 8557, MalcolmTucker wrote:
In post 8553, Dancing Puppets wrote:
Scum could have pushed there but not 100% convinced Ceph would have been easily wagoned this turn. Plenty of people who TR'd them and they could've tried to argue it was just a bold town gambit that failed - again, like with the gladiate itself, the motive to do it doesn't work if Ceph reckons they're just getting eliminated the next day anyway. And again in a game of this size actually maintaining a wagon without it seeming too forced won't be easy for scum unless lots of others are onboard.
So you think the outcome - Ceph flip - was what scum wanted > they just didn’t care which one flipped?
Dance, dance
And these are the lives you love to lead
~ Fall Out Boy

Hydra of Titus and Nancy Drew 39
JohnnyFarrar
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8567 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:12 am

Post by JohnnyFarrar »

Who's voting for Taly rn?
Phone posting. Low effort, big fun.
"In my heart, Johnny will always be scum" - Not_Mafia
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #8568 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:14 am

Post by T-Bone »

I believe I said if Ceph was town then scum pushed him into the Taly gladiate for the motive I have outlined. I don't see what accomplishes other than a) being a shithead and b) trying to deconstruct my argument against you pre-emptively because while you weren't a leading suspect for me att, you were definitely a part of why Taly got gladiated over anyone else.

~GE
Also from your point of view, why does Nancy want to have veto power over a Taly lim?

Off The Hook
Off The Hook
Goon
Off The Hook
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8569 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:17 am

Post by Off The Hook »

In post 8555, Lukewarm wrote:

~GE

------

---

maybe I'm off-base but I feel like the push for Taly's death especially towards the end of D1 was too strong to be reasonable. I understand the evidence is not entirely in favor of my argument but I also have made similarly selective (well, to others, I don't feel like I was being selective but my point never got across during the game in question) arguments as town, there was a very recent game where that happened. And like, I could be pushing Math based on this logic but I'm not, because in his particular case I think his Taly progression is town indicative. In your case I'm not really decided, marci says she SR you but I haven't really figured out where I stand there.

~GE
Off The Hook
Off The Hook
Goon
Off The Hook
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8570 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:18 am

Post by Off The Hook »

In post 8564, MalcolmTucker wrote:
In post 8554, Off The Hook wrote:

literally anyone else

~GE
Only issue is, if BBT was scum would he want to remind everyone of Dunn SR's him?
he didn't have a choice! It was pointed out before he started posting about this, and afterwards he went off the rails trying to call anyone Dunn pushed scum!

~GE
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #8571 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:19 am

Post by Bell »

In post 3347, Off The Hook wrote:it feels like this push on math is scum motivated.

i think everyone was content to just shade corwin before, (sort of like how johnnys being treated) but now that mathblades repped in it feels like people are like "oh shit"

wake up please everybody, you just keep letting johnny slide by unchecked.
this is an obv move to save johnny imo
In post 4526, Off The Hook wrote:Overall I think cephrir seems town
He’s doing a bit more interesting stuff than I think he would as scum

~GE
In post 6808, Off The Hook wrote:VOTE: taly
im not really confident taly would be scum, i think theyve been trying their hardest. but we need an elim for info and i think it doesnt make sense for cephiriridiidiriri as scum to do this shit cuz if we landed on him instead of taly he basically did it to himself and scum dont want that sort of shit
In post 6882, Off The Hook wrote:I’m gonna have to accelerate to the part where I ISO Taly vs. doing the other ones I have from the main requests

~GE
In post 6898, Off The Hook wrote:that said tho

GUYS I LOWKEY FEEL SO BAD FOR TALY I JUST THINK THEYRE DISMOTIVATED TOWN NOW FHJEISIS
In post 6906, Off The Hook wrote:I also get no sense Taly is scum from his ISO so I’m at the very least baffled by the fact he was SR so much
Seems like he legitimately did get FoSed for lesser thread presence given his thoughts seem insightful, he just probably didn’t get to speak up as often and his voice got drowned out

~GE
In post 6915, Off The Hook wrote:
In post 5683, Taly wrote:it is just neighbor and i don't think that's an insignificant role.
This tracks with prior position Taly has held if anyone was wondering

~GE
In post 6924, Off The Hook wrote:
In post 6917, MathBlade wrote:Why is Taly town?
Because he’s actually trying to exert influence over the game vs. hoping to ride out the insane activity level

~GE
In post 6931, Off The Hook wrote:
In post 5684, Taly wrote:im better read post-D1.
Cephrir’s Taly gladiate is absolute dogshit given this

~GE
In post 6944, Off The Hook wrote:
In post 6576, Bell wrote:Has Taly claimed?
In post 6578, T-Bone wrote:Neighbor with you???
I’m like 99% on Bell being scum here

~GE
In post 6955, Off The Hook wrote:
In post 6597, Bell wrote:
In post 6593, Rad wrote:
In post 6591, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 6586, Rad wrote:Technically, couldn't we just not vote and let the time run out?

I wish we could vote on skipping a day or something?
Dude are you crazy?
Why is that crazy?
*takes Rad aside*
Between eliminating someone day 1 and not eliminating someone day 1 which one do you think benefits town the most?
Yup this is scum. I just hit 100% confidence on this read. Shea’s Among Us 100% contradicts this PoV.

~GE
In post 6958, Off The Hook wrote:
In post 6601, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 6599, Rad wrote:Chances are we elim a town today. Why is it crazy to skip? Explain to me with logic.
You have to sacrifice the lamb
This is such a dogshit scum post. Like it’s not even fucking subtle!

~GE
In post 6962, Off The Hook wrote:I find it wild that the counter argument to townreads on Taly is “we have to vote SOMEONE”

~GE
In post 6963, Off The Hook wrote:
In post 6961, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 6955, Off The Hook wrote:Yup this is scum. I just hit 100% confidence on this read. Shea’s Among Us 100% contradicts this PoV.

~GE
What does this mean?
Town FUCKING DOMINATED a game where a no yeet happened Day 1. Bell was scum in that game too. I’m betting that game is in his memory and is why he’s against abstaining here!

~GE
In post 6970, Off The Hook wrote:VOTE: no lim
In post 7271, Off The Hook wrote:
In post 7261, T-Bone wrote:
In post 7256, Dwlee99 wrote:Was the timing of cephrir's gladiator coincided with saving frogs from being eliminated? Cause if so they could be partners
It effectively saved Frogster, Mala, Dunn, Johnny (I think those four had the most votes)
good to get this cleared up, I had asked who the wagons were earlier
btw was ceph a wagon at the time? I don't believe he was and my gears are turning on a certain thought

~GE
Off The Hook
Off The Hook
Goon
Off The Hook
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8572 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:20 am

Post by Off The Hook »

In post 8561, Lukewarm wrote:And to be clear Gamma.

I accept exactly Zero (0) vetoes from Nancy.

So, it really confuses me to see you say that Bell, if town, should be willing to accept More Then One (>1) Veto for nancy, or conversely, you see scum motivation behind being unwilling to accept multiple from her.
I don't think town!Bell should have accepted a veto
I'm saying scum!Bell only accepting the 1 veto serves a long-term purpose of limiting DP's ability to interfere. No more, no less. I'm getting really fucking tired of you assclowns misrepresenting my arguments!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
In post 8568, T-Bone wrote:

~GE
Also from your point of view, why does Nancy want to have veto power over a Taly lim?
I don't understand your question or what you hope to achieve.

~GE
Rad
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #8573 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:21 am

Post by Rad »

In post 8511, Lukewarm wrote:@RAD

Why did you think that Dunn was a Paranoid Gun owner?

So when you and Dunn had this back and forth about soft outting his role to you, he said:
In post 4864, Dunnstral wrote:I am going to attempt to soft my role to Lukewarm. This should be fairly cryptic but not impossible to figure out.

"...but it's what you are going to get."
And I sat on that line for a while trying to come up with what the rest of the line was. Back when I used to play, we had a role called Veteran, so I pictured a vet sitting in his rocking chair and as the scum walk into his door, he shoots them saying something like "this may not be what you were looking for, but it's what you are going to get." BOOM.

This fit fairly well for me with his other statement here:
In post 4898, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 4873, Bell wrote:Is it a role that is confirmable or extremely useful and you would not recommend killing in any capacity D1 Dunn.
Confirmable: yes
Extremely useful: no
Would not recommend killing day 1: yes
Confirmable - yeah he's going to kill scum when they come try to NK him. Also I had the thought that it could be a vet with both a day kill and night kill option.
Extremely Useful - depends on if scum comes to kill him, maybe he says No because scum probably won't try it.
Would not recommend killing day 1 - yes, let the scum try to come kill him
In post 4913, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 4910, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 4898, Dunnstral wrote:Confirmable: yes
This shit better confirm

UNVOTE:
I sure hope I don't get roleblocked
This post also felt like more confirmation, like he was trying to bait scum into roleblocking him (which in my understanding, the vet/pgo should fire first before the roleblock? no clue if that's actually how that would play out)

All that said, I didn't even know a "friendly neighbor" role existed so it wasn't in the realm of role possibilities I was considering when I was trying to figure out what he was soft claiming.
Off The Hook
Off The Hook
Goon
Off The Hook
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8574 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:21 am

Post by Off The Hook »

ougtf rpatnu8[nq2u6njh0 ,6jmpit miprfgmtrjitmy,j9]grou;gnuoqrn ohn etih;ethom tnuhoi;

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”