Mini Normal 2275: Roguelikes - Day 3: Endgame!

MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2100 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:21 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 2098, Confidently Wrong wrote:again i must bring up that the duality of me being both the worst and the best scumplayer is being applied to me when people make up these batshit theories about how I'm playing the game.
I'm not making any judgement on your scumgame at all via my read. I do think you're obviously capable of playing well and while the game is slanted heavily in favour of town now I don't think you're the type of player (thankfully, as it's in the spirit of the game) who would back down and just give up easily. But generally I like to afford respect to any scumplayers where I can and assume they're going to work hard and do all they can to convince everyone else they are town.
Confidently Wrong
Confidently Wrong
Goon
Confidently Wrong
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2101 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:22 am

Post by Confidently Wrong »

"this is a copout" no its called reevaulation, something I can actually do.
Confidently Wrong
Confidently Wrong
Goon
Confidently Wrong
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2102 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:23 am

malcom forgive me for not believing you when you have consistently taken the worst faith conclusion possible from anything I say, so frankly, once my alignment is confirmed, whether it be now or in post game, do not ever try to make these kinds of theories at me, or at other players. look for townreads, not scumreads. you'll find more success.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2103 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:24 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 2099, Confidently Wrong wrote:I should start compiling when people try to desperately keep scumreads on me by making up insane theories and saying "this COULD BE TRUE SO IT MEANS KOBA STILL SCUM". its a really stale joke at this point and I'm tired of seeing people use that logic when time and time again it doesn't work and I just flip green.
My scumread on you compared to before is still softer than it was, for reasons stated beforehand I still fundamentally believe the scum must be in either you or BBT, and with the vig there is a surefire way we can eliminate you both within this turn.

That's not due to mindless tunnelling - I'm town, Irrelephant is town, Enchant is town, and I think Lowell is town. So far as I can see only Dunn works there and I do not think Dunn is scum. If you both come back town, I apologise and I will push for Dunn's elimination in the next turn. But you see why this approach is viable, right? Your read on Lowell has softened, and you don't think the rest of us are scum, so we have an incredibly limited number of avenues to pursue.
Confidently Wrong
Confidently Wrong
Goon
Confidently Wrong
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2104 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:24 am

i've been playing by sorting by PoE via level of towniness. Thats why lowell was at the bottom most of the game. Lowell towntold (to me) after being threatened with a 2nd vote, and now we're here.
Confidently Wrong
Confidently Wrong
Goon
Confidently Wrong
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2105 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:26 am

I believe in the fact I'm the most findable player right now and it is lack of effort or want to find me town that is preventing people from doing so. If anyone bothered examining me by thought process it would be obvious. I can't mimic this thought process by this point in the game. No one can. This is a fact of mafia. You can mask it, you can't fake it.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2106 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:26 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 2102, Confidently Wrong wrote:malcom forgive me for not believing you when you have consistently taken the worst faith conclusion possible from anything I say, so frankly, once my alignment is confirmed, whether it be now or in post game, do not ever try to make these kinds of theories at me, or at other players.
look for townreads, not scumreads.
you'll find more success.
I really like you trying to make this weirdly personal at all - the literal reason I think either you or BBT should be eliminated is because I essentially TR everyone else in the game. The only one I don't strongly TR is Dunn and if you both come back town Dunn can be eliminated tomorrow.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2107 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:27 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 2105, Confidently Wrong wrote:I believe in the fact I'm the most findable player right now and it is lack of effort or want to find me town that is preventing people from doing so. If anyone bothered examining me by thought process it would be obvious. I can't mimic this thought process by this point in the game. No one can. This is a fact of mafia. You can mask it, you can't fake it.
You are once again entirely ignoring every single point I make. I'm about 50/50 on you and BBT. Earlier I was leaning 60/40 BBT, yesterday I was much more convinced you were scum, it's evolved and changed. But I fundamentally believe the last scum is one of you two and I think that is the quickest way to solve the game given we have a vig.
Confidently Wrong
Confidently Wrong
Goon
Confidently Wrong
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2108 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:27 am

I take it personally when I try my heart out and have shown proof and get the axe over people who haven't
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2109 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:28 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 2101, Confidently Wrong wrote:"this is a copout" no its called reevaulation, something I can actually do.
But I literally have done this - I previously TR'd BBT, upon reflection there is a decent chance they are scum.
Confidently Wrong
Confidently Wrong
Goon
Confidently Wrong
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2110 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:30 am

wild.
Confidently Wrong
Confidently Wrong
Goon
Confidently Wrong
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2111 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:30 am

I think you know I'm town and you're just trying to teach me a lesson but w/e lmfao
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2112 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:30 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 2108, Confidently Wrong wrote:I take it personally when I try my heart out and have shown proof and get the axe over people who haven't
You realise you are playing mafia, right? Literally any scum player could make this post because, again, the goal of scum is to appear as town. Do you think you should be invulnerable to elimination? Would you not try to make precisely these arguments to me right now if you were indeed scum?

I've been eliminated as town plenty while putting in effort - it's annoying, but it happens. A while back I was in a game where I was wrongly eliminated but I understood why it happened because we were down to three possible scum and the best way for town to win the game was for the three of us to be eliminated in order. The elimination after me we won the game - would have been nice to be around for the win, but it ultimately doesn't matter because the goal is for the team to win.
Confidently Wrong
Confidently Wrong
Goon
Confidently Wrong
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2113 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:31 am

Yes mafia can literally make any post possible. It is impossible to make posts that only come from town players in the context of a game. you're so right, sorry. I have been playing mafia wrong the whole time the past year
Confidently Wrong
Confidently Wrong
Goon
Confidently Wrong
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2114 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:32 am

You were wrongly eliminated bc you didnt give a shit to rebut the bad arguments.
Confidently Wrong
Confidently Wrong
Goon
Confidently Wrong
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2115 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:33 am

Oh wait you're talking about a win./

you literally lost to being wrongly eliminated as PR so i dont really think you understand the mindset of me right now and have the ability to find me town unless you try to actually think of how I think.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2116 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:34 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 2111, Confidently Wrong wrote:I think you know I'm town and you're just trying to teach me a lesson but w/e lmfao
This is genuinely getting a little bit weird, your obsession with this idea I am personally pursuing you for some reason is just a little bit odd and feels borderline gamebreaking because it becomes impossible for anyone to actually assert you are scum without you suggesting they are trying I've said all I have to say for now and will step back from the thread for now, feel like these personal sort of posts just shouldn't really be allowed though, I try to generally avoid them. If you're scum it's just not a very good approach either. I've said I'll vote BBT - I just think you should both be eliminated because I think that solves the game. Like...what else am I meant to do? How am I actually able to genuinely assert I think you are mafia without it devolving into this sort of petty crap?
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2117 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:34 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

Imagine scum is Irrelephant or Malcolm.

What a wild game this would be. I really want to town read CW and I'm not sure if that's just because of effort.

But like, if he is town, who is scum?
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Confidently Wrong
Confidently Wrong
Goon
Confidently Wrong
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2118 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:35 am

when I believe that there is extensive proof that I am town it does feel like there is a bias yeah
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2119 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:35 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 2115, Confidently Wrong wrote:Oh wait you're talking about a win./

you literally lost to being wrongly eliminated as PR so i dont really think you understand the mindset of me right now and have the ability to find me town unless you try to actually think of how I think.
That's not the game I'm talking about, but again, you clearly don't care about reading any of my posts or the content of them. Clever if it's mafia I guess, anti-town if not. Speak later.

To everyone else - shall vote either CW/BBT based on reasoning I've repeatedly given. Happy to compromise on either this turn.
Confidently Wrong
Confidently Wrong
Goon
Confidently Wrong
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2120 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:36 am

not anti town but thanks for playing
Confidently Wrong
Confidently Wrong
Goon
Confidently Wrong
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2121 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:36 am

im willing to vote dunn and win the game without malcom's vote
Confidently Wrong
Confidently Wrong
Goon
Confidently Wrong
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2122 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:36 am

who wants in
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2123 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:37 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 2117, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Imagine scum is Irrelephant or Malcolm.

What a wild game this would be. I really want to town read CW and I'm not sure if that's just because of effort.

But like, if he is town, who is scum?
Again I'm 50/50 on you both. See the arguments for either side. But your last point is the prescient one for me. I can't see beyond you or CW for scum. I therefore think best way to winning the game is eliminating both of you. Sorry for clogging up the thread. Genuinely logging off now, busy day tomorrow.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2124 (ISO) » Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:37 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

Shit we only have 16 hours
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”