Post Post #9150 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2022 6:37 pm

Post by Rad »

In post 9148, Mislim Bait wrote:
In post 9146, Rad wrote:
In post 9141, Mislim Bait wrote:
In post 9139, Rad wrote:
In post 9136, Mislim Bait wrote:
In post 9130, Rad wrote:
In post 9120, Lukewarm wrote:Looking at your own list it kind of feels like you are conflating being widely scum read with being an easy push, and also an easy push with a safe push.
A town that's widely scum read is an easy push for scum to make. So I'm more cautious of those in the "easy" list and will focus more on the reasons given for a vote on them than anyone else.

Are there probably scum in this list? Yeah for sure unless town is absolutely lost (hurrr) this game. A push on any one of them doesn't mean it's a push on town, but if there are town in that list, they're likely going to get pushed by scum.

That's my theory here.
scum pushing lhf is just basic hunting theory.
who's reasons are bad is what matters
Yeah, it's LHF theory, isn't it. Sorry for being basic :shifty:

I think I got caught up in Luke's point about Enchant and wanted to explore and confirm it.
So which pushes are actually bad?
TBH I dunno. Anything you're spotting in particular?
I wasn't paying attention thats why I wanted to know
The top 2 wagons right now are uneventful from my perspective.

6 Mathblade (Lukewarm, Bell, Taly, Cat Scratch Fever, BlueBloodedToffee, RCEnigma)
3 Bluebloodedtoffee (Mathblade, Roden, Off the Hook)

Math is full of my town reads and town leans, but I'm not super confident in my own reads
BBT has Math which I scum lean, Roden which is a supposed mason which I just accept but have no real read on, and OTH which I have null atm

And then a bunch of 1 person wagons.

If I had to choose between those right now, as a gladiate, I flip Math, but I'm not super confident in it.
Cytosine and Guanine
Cytosine and Guanine
They
Goon
Cytosine and Guanine
They
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: They

Post Post #9151 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2022 6:40 pm

Post by Cytosine and Guanine »

In post 9144, Mislim Bait wrote:
In post 9140, Cytosine and Guanine wrote:
In post 9128, Mislim Bait wrote:
In post 9016, Cytosine and Guanine wrote:We're kind of behind.
Can any of you help catch us up?
-Guanine
Oh. Yeah.
I already found both Bell and Klick to be playing how I expected both to play as Town.
Then, I decided that it was likely NAI so moved them to null.
However, I decided that Klick wasn't posting a lot which I found scum!indicative while Bell's explanation for his behaviour made sense.
Then, after a while, especially since I read Dunn's claim, I decided to move both him and Klick to null so that I could re-evaluate my reads later.
-Guanine
Your first read on both klick and bell wasn't a town read but a scum read though.
I meant "not how I expected".
-Guanine
This is a hydra between Ircher and RH9.
Cytosine and Guanine
Cytosine and Guanine
They
Goon
Cytosine and Guanine
They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9152 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2022 6:42 pm

In post 9149, Rad wrote:
In post 9142, Cytosine and Guanine wrote:Rad, what lie was revealed?
I'm starting to worry that you're getting confbiased.
-Guanine
I cannot see how you're not lying about the post restriction. I'm absolutely biased by it because if you are lying, I can't see a town angle for it, and the additional confusion of me not understanding why no further votes have happened on you.

town!CaG - why doesn't scum jump on you here? It means you're not actually lying and since there's no momentum, no reason for scum to jump on?
scum!CaG - scum doesn't want to bus you if it's not necessary, and I'm the only one to vote so fuck it?

Either way is hard to understand.
I mean, maybe the others want you to be the scapegoat for our flip.
In my honest opinion, as much as I hope for the best, you'll look the most scummy from our flip.
Dancing Puppets
Dancing Puppets
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Dancing Puppets
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #9153 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2022 6:45 pm

Post by Dancing Puppets »

DNA/C & G, what are your current reads?
Dance, dance
And these are the lives you love to lead
~ Fall Out Boy

Hydra of Titus and Nancy Drew 39
Rad
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #9154 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2022 6:56 pm

Post by Rad »

In post 9152, Cytosine and Guanine wrote:
In post 9149, Rad wrote:
In post 9142, Cytosine and Guanine wrote:Rad, what lie was revealed?
I'm starting to worry that you're getting confbiased.
-Guanine
I cannot see how you're not lying about the post restriction. I'm absolutely biased by it because if you are lying, I can't see a town angle for it, and the additional confusion of me not understanding why no further votes have happened on you.

town!CaG - why doesn't scum jump on you here? It means you're not actually lying and since there's no momentum, no reason for scum to jump on?
scum!CaG - scum doesn't want to bus you if it's not necessary, and I'm the only one to vote so fuck it?

Either way is hard to understand.
I mean, maybe the others want you to be the scapegoat for our flip.
In my honest opinion, as much as I hope for the best, you'll look the most scummy from our flip.
Well let's consider you're town and this leads to a flip. T-Bone was the first to mention you going over the limit. Why is T-Bone not the "most scummy" for this? Just because I'm the only one focusing on it right now? And if we get enough to flip you, somehow I'm the reason everyone decided this lie deserved a flip? I see no town reason for the lie, and if you flip town, it means you likely weren't lying and the mod decided to not enforce his own rule. How is that on anyone but you and the mod?

But seriously I don't understand how in a game with absolute minimal rules, you just get away with breaking the 1 weird design-decision-focused rule in the game that we've heard of.

Do you see how that might make someone suspicious of wtf is going on with your slot?

I've seen town mislimed for a lie, but I simply don't understand this one. So if you're going to sit here and persist in claiming it wasn't a lie, and that the mod just didn't care, I don't know how else to view you except for a liar because the alternative just does not make sense.
Rad
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #9155 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:14 pm

Post by Rad »

1 more thing CaG

I would appreciate a response to my post please
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9156 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:36 pm

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

Hey Rad, how is it going?
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Cytosine and Guanine
Cytosine and Guanine
They
Goon
Cytosine and Guanine
They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9157 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2022 8:32 pm

In post 9155, Rad wrote:1 more thing CaG

I would appreciate a response to my post please
Sure.
I'm pretty sure that we never told Math that he couldn't share.
Though, it's most likely that he misinterpreted something.
-Guanine
Cytosine and Guanine
Cytosine and Guanine
They
Goon
Cytosine and Guanine
They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9158 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2022 8:35 pm

In post 9153, Dancing Puppets wrote:DNA/C & G, what are your current reads?
Similar to before but moving Rad to Town because I feel like he gives off confbiased townie vibes.
Also, his questioning feels genuine.
I'm moving Mislim Bait to a townlean because their questioning and interactions feel genuine.
Meanwhile, I'm no longer sold on a Luke TR but am more convinced that Bell is Town.
So, I'm have Bell as a strong TR and move Luke to a Townlean.
-Guanine
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9159 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2022 8:36 pm

What about their questioning and interactions feel genuine? Do you have any specific posts in mind?
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9160 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2022 9:43 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 9072, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 9041, butterchurn wrote:Luke, from what I gather, most people seem to think you're town. Can you summarize what your strongest reads are right now, either town or scum? Links or quotes are fine too.
tbh, other then wanting to kill Math, I have been a little lost after my Two Great Scum Reads of Day 1 both flipped town.

Also, I keep having nagging thoughts on slots. So, it feels like if I sit down and actually thought dump my thoughts on slots, I am going to have +town and +scum thoughts on them, and it end up not being all that helpful.

That being said, most confident town read are probably Rad and Bell.

Spoiler: Rad
If Rad is scum, he is doing having a hell of a game. There is constant zeal for solving, what feels like a glaring lack of agenda, and an extreme openness about expressing thoughts about every slot in the game, along side a fluidity in his reads and who he is interacting with.

Spoiler: Bell
Bell has hit all the right notes for me, both on activity, they way he is approaching solving, as well as prickliness.

There was also a small thing that struck me really early day 1, which probably means absolutely nothing to anyone but me, but stood out to me in a way that reminded me of a past game we had. And that was a quietness to him growing a town read on me really early in the game. Like, instead of announcing that he thought I was town, I picked up on in in how he started interacting with me like the had come to the conclusion that I was town. That is both, something that he has done before in a prior game, and something that I doubt he would expect me to be looking for. And also, I felt like as scum, if he was going to fake town reading me, he would have tried to capitalize on it to get me to town read him. And he didn't. (of course, but not trying to do that, he did that, but still)

Other people, I think are town, but am less confident on :
Dancing Puppets, Pooky, Malcolm, Off the Hook, Johnny, CSF, T-Bone, and Taly.

Spoiler: Dancing Puppets
In post 2793, Lukewarm wrote:The way that Nancy is responding to people scum reading her feels in line with how I have seen Nancy respond to people scum reading her as town.

Complete indignation at the idea that someone could think that she is scum, because she is so clearly incredibly town that you must be scum to not see it.

I have not actually read a scum game of hers to compare, but this recent bout of posting from her talking to Pengiun could be copy/pasted from any one of the 4 or 5 town games that I have read that she was in.
And then Nancy's campaign for a no elim yesterday after the gladiate. It feels like there is no reason for scumNancy to make that switch, given she had already been scum reading ceph / there was plenty of other people scumreading ceph. But, given the circumstance, I bought her transition and I bought the emotion behind her choice

There was a bit of posting that made me question it during day 1, prior to the gladiate. but I think that it ended up being that I didn't like it, and not that it made her scum

Spoiler: Malcolm
In post 474, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 428, MalcolmTucker wrote:
In post 208, Bell wrote:Malcolm, what's up?
How are you? Are you still getting eliminated every day 1?
How has all of the being eliminated effecting your playstyle this game or how do you predict it will if at all?
I've actually never been eliminated D1! As a general rule when I'm town I manage to get through the first day, but after that I'm sometimes eliminated. Either way I tend not to let it impact my playstyle all that much - I wouldn't even say I have that much of a specific playstyle for the most part, I simply analyse and try to find connections between different players but tend to be pretty uncertain in how I approach the game.
I kinda like this post as coming from a town mindset for Malcolm.

Because several of us here know he was eliminated day 1 as scum in the Web of Lies games (and is what Bell is refering to here I believe).

But he didn't even think of that game. His thoughts went to "I never get
mis
eliminated day 1." And [I'm town this game, so I am immediately comparing this game to my other town games] feels like a genuine thought process. While I would kinda expect scum!Malcolm to be more aware of the scum game where he crashed and burned
In post 8075, Lukewarm wrote:Hood report:

Its with Malcolm.

That is a big reason behind me feeling so strongly about his alignment with . Him not remembering the scum game that he lost because he messed up because of posting in both a scum PT and a neighborhood, in a game where I already knew that he was in a hood felt really ++ town.

There has not been a lot of interest happening in our hood tbh. We are still on page 3 lol.

Spoiler: play by play
-Bit of small talk
-Me explaining my page 1 Mala town read.
-Him agreeing generally, but saying Mala might to it so not sold on it.
-Brief convo about an early scum ping I had on pooky - him asking questions about pooky as a player.
-Him calling out the early Ceph wagon as weird, me agreeing
-Me starting to scum read Rad early day 1
- Him telling me that he is town reading Rad.
-Us both saying that Frog is sus.
- Convo about C/G's Posting restriction, and if we believe it
- Me guessing that there is a Jin/Sun hood.

We start taking turns complaining about how many posts there are.

-He tells me he now thinks that Frog is really likely to be town.
- I say my scum read softened, but I am still leaning scum .

(In the main thread, Malcolm starts getting votes)
-I ask him his thoughts on claiming to be my neighbor.
-He says that if I want to claim, he does not have an issue with it, but does not see why we would.

-I talk about my case on Dunn re:the masons claim
-He says he thinks that Dunn is town despite my case

More of us complaining about the number of pages.

{day end}

I make a case for scum frog.

I get radio silence for long enough that I start wondering if I was wrong, and he is scum, and he is killing me, so he is not trying to post anymore. (Like most of the night phase tbh)

He finally comes back, and tells me that it was a good case, and that he would look back over frog[/s/poiler]

My thoughts: Lean Town
474 thoughts still feel right to me.
I liked his frogster progression, especially given the flip there.
I liked him not jumping at the prospect for me to claim our hood, and further explain why I town read him while under pressure.

Spoiler: Pooky
Overall, I feel like there has been a lot of energy going places that I feel like scum pooky just would not spend energy on.

All of the stuff where he gathered every one's reads list to make a spreadsheet of the reads.

How hard he went on trying to kill Frogster.
The amount of energy at being frustrated over not being able to kill frogster, and disappointment that he was just gonna get a ceph elim lol.
---

However, I did feel a little weird about how many times he has posted "ScUm LuKe So ScArY"

To be clear, it was the frequency. When I saw the first one, I rolled my eyes at it, instead of squinting if that makes sense lol.

Pooky has encountered me as scum exactly once, and I believe it was my best scum game ever, so I understood having some hesitancy.

But also... he literally solved that game, called me and my partner both scum and exactly partnered with each other, and promptly defeated me in ritualistic combat.

So, it keeping on coming up has made me feel weird about it, but then it feels like a bad thought, because scum!pooky could just kill me instead lol. So kinda been ignoring it, even though it bothered me

Spoiler: T-Bone
I really
want
to believe that T-Bone is town.

How he described his town read on my read on him pretty well as well. It feels like I keep reading T-Bone posts, and they feel like they make a lot of sense, and even when I don't really agree with him, it feels like he makes sense.

I tend to town read people making sense. Because it feels like we are evaluating from a similar position.

The nagging thought tho, is that he is pocketing me.

Like there is a disproportionate amount of engagement with me? Which if he is town feels like a shitty reason for me to be doubting him, but I have noticed it.

I even did an iso search to see frequency of names to see if it was in my my head.

First comparing myself to his other top town read
"Luke": 159
"Rad": 66

And then comparing myself to the other top posters
"Luke": 159
"Pooky": 131
"Bell" : 116 (after I syphoned off the times he was saying "bella")

And this is the first ever game that I have played with T-Bone (where we were alive at the same time. I repped into a game that he was already dead in once lol). I know that I am more inclined to engage with people I know, so I feel like that should be inflating engagement with Slots That Are Not Luke, but it isn't.

I am getting tired. So am going to stop doing this.

Last minute, finishing out the reads list

Scum Read:
Mathblade Corwinoid

Scum Lean:
Enchant
Bellaphant
Klick
BlueBloodedToffee

The "The Fuck if I Know" tier:
Cytosine and Guanine (Ircher and RH9)
Malakittens
RCEnigma The toad
Best Bird PenguinPower
ProfessorDrapion Galron
Weird company to be involved with. I feel like my content is straight forward this game surprisingly.
Cytosine and Guanine
Cytosine and Guanine
They
Goon
Cytosine and Guanine
They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9161 (ISO) » Wed Jul 20, 2022 11:49 pm

In post 9159, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:What about their questioning and interactions feel genuine? Do you have any specific posts in mind?
For Mislim Bait?
Mainly stuff like , , , as examples.
-Guanine
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9162 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2022 12:06 am

8816 - A narrative about something that happened...In what way does this feel genuine?

9141 - An extremely basic question. I don't understand how you read this as genuine?

9144 - This is an interesting post actually. I wondered why he questioned it but from his ISO it looks like he ISOd you and it's actually a good spot about your reads

9147 - I actually like this post as well.

VOTE: C&G

I actually agree with the read that Mislim could be town. But I really don't agree with your reasoning for how you got there.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9163 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2022 12:25 am

Post by RCEnigma »

Luke when you’re around I want to talk about your Klick scumlean.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9164 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2022 12:44 am

Post by Bellaphant »

Bbt, what changed?
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9165 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2022 12:44 am

Did you read my posts?
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #9166 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2022 12:59 am

Post by T-Bone »

I'm ready to consolidate. I still think that post restriction is fake.

VOTE: C+G

Also, I dunno why you think Rad looks the worst if we do this lim and you're town for some reason. Clearly that should be me since I have telegraphed this basically since the beginning of the game? What a weird thing to focus on and then shade Rad with.
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9167 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2022 1:00 am

Post by Bellaphant »

I did, I just didn't clock the shift from last night to just now? I maybe missed something
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9168 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2022 1:02 am

Literally happened in 9162
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9169 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2022 1:04 am

Post by Bellaphant »

That's what I read, it just felt a bit of a. 180 without much context? Maybe more words would help.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9170 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2022 1:07 am

There isn't much more to explain.

There was some nuance to the way Mislim was questioning C&G that I liked. I didn't like C&Gs reasons for town reading Mislim as it felt like buzzword nonsense (Mislim sounding 'genuine'). I agree with the conclusion that Mislim could be town but I disagree with the reasoning of C&G for the town read.

I also wondered whether C&G were appeasing Mislim with the town read given Mislim was pushing them.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9171 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2022 1:08 am

Post by Bellaphant »

What would be the benefit of a fake posy restrictions though? Unless both the neighbors are scum, which feels pretty odd.

P-edit that makes a bit more sense. I dunno what me and you are doing this Game, I feel like I disagree with you, you get aggy at me and then we end up agreeing.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9172 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2022 1:10 am

I don't feel like we have had the chance to interact much. I did notice you shading me recently though and I didn't like it.

Maybe the post restriction was real but they're just scum? Why can't that be a thing?
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9173 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2022 1:15 am

Post by Bellaphant »

I was frustrated with you around the wagon thing because I thought I was being really clear and you kept re framing it in a really weird way. Ive gone off Luke's wagon analysis in general, I think I'm being easily swayed by them looking really reasonable and then suddenly half of their conclusions feeling left field, like the dunnstral masons thing. I don't think I've been shading you about anything else?

I mean that's what it looks like today. I didn't think I'd like their content less when they weren't restricted!
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9174 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2022 1:15 am

Post by Bellaphant »

I guess I was more hoping for some clarity on the math slot through them as well but I haven't had that at all.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”