A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #9200 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2022 3:21 am

Post by T-Bone »

In post 9198, Off The Hook wrote:I think it’s logical Math wasn’t engaged enough to care?

~GE
Yeah it's always a possibility that neither slot cares about the details.
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
Off The Hook
Off The Hook
Goon
Off The Hook
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9201 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2022 3:22 am

Post by Off The Hook »

In post 9194, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
In post 1629, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:I just checked OP because, you know, common sense.

Umm, so neighbourhoods should probably be sorted, no? I know it's flavour based but indulge me.

Ethan infiltrates the camp of the survivors from plane crash and pretends he was one of the people on the plane. Could this be done in the form of a T/S neighbourhood?

Also, 2 neighbourhoods with T/T doesn't really make sense to me? If they're all town just make one of them a masonry or whatever?

I'm not great at game set up, but like, based on flavour I would think there is scum in the neighbourhoods somewhere. If someone is widely enough scum read from the neighbourhoods, that would be a good place to start
I posted this fairly early into the game and I still stand by it.

Neighbourhoods need sorting at some point.
This doesn’t track well with Roden+butterchurn’s existence

~GE
Don't get cooked, stay Off The Hook!
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #9202 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2022 3:23 am

Post by T-Bone »

In post 9192, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Crazy theory.

I wonder if some of the neighbourhoods do consist of T+S and scum know this. Therefore, two scum decided to 'create a neighbourhood' in the hope that if one of them flips then the other person in their neighbourhood is cleared as town.

Is that too tin-foily?
I had floated it briefly earlier this day phase I think, but I was dismissed because "Math would never fake a hood".

I also dismissed it because I continue to hold a town lean on that slot

Off The Hook
Off The Hook
Goon
Off The Hook
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9203 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2022 3:24 am

Post by Off The Hook »

In post 9200, T-Bone wrote:
In post 9198, Off The Hook wrote:I think it’s logical Math wasn’t engaged enough to care?

~GE
Yeah it's always a possibility that neither slot cares about the details.
That wasn’t an alignment-based comment, just remark that he seemed out of it so lack of follow-through makes sense in that lens
Basically, Math’s lack of notice of C+G’s issue isn’t AI.

~GE
Don't get cooked, stay Off The Hook!
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #9204 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2022 3:34 am

Post by T-Bone »

Yeah I was agreeing with you in a way.

Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9205 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2022 4:14 am

Post by Bellaphant »

VOTE: c and g
Rad
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #9206 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2022 4:15 am

Post by Rad »

All the talk about Corwin made me want to go re-read his ISO, so I did.

I didn't see any mention of a neighborhood with C&G. There are some things that stood out though.

In post he town reads C&G, and the list appears to be either ordered Most Town to Least Town or at the very least, the town part is sectioned into Town and Lean Town. We know he reads me as town from his so it makes sense that he's just reading C&G as a stronger TR there with a TL on Johnny and T-Bone.

In all of C&G's read updates, they're reading Corwin as town.

C&G's opening vote is on Corwin which feels breadcrumby.

There's no other interaction between the 2 of them.

Some take aways:

1. I think Math's "corwin was doing work for both" or whatever he said is absolute nonsense but not necessarily scummy nonsense. I see no proof of it, but town!Math certainly could believe that and we don't have access to the neighborhood if it does exist, so it's possible that's not nonsense.

2. If anyone has a reason to read C&G town at that stage of the game, it's someone in a neighborhood with them where they can speak freely. Shouldn't SvS there just make the
impossible to read due to limitation
C&G null? In some weird scenario where Math comes in and claims a fake neighborhood, that's SvS but it's a set up that makes sense as far back as C&G's very first post/vote and following through with the matching town reads. Like it tracks with Corwin's behavior and they never mentioned it until Math comes in.

3. The immediate flavor claim of Jin does support the idea of the restriction as well as the neighborhood with Corwin/Math (Sun). Luke brought this up earlier and it made a lot of sense before I started thinking the restriction was a lie.

4. I suppose all the nonsense COULD have happened and C&G really isn't lying. I feel blinded by it currently.

@C&G can you tell us about your conversations with Corwin before he left? Also, what gave you such a strong town read on him?

Unvoting until I can make more sense of all this.

UNVOTE:
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9207 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2022 4:35 am

Post by Bellaphant »

I'm not sure any of that changes my take on anything though. Their content today has been bad - after a day post restricted I'd be wanting to get as many of my thoughts out as possible. My read on them isn't as tied up with my read on math as maybe it should be.
Dancing Puppets
Dancing Puppets
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Dancing Puppets
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #9208 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2022 4:36 am

Post by Dancing Puppets »

In post 9192, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Crazy theory.

I wonder if some of the neighbourhoods do consist of T+S and scum know this. Therefore, two scum decided to 'create a neighbourhood' in the hope that if one of them flips then the other person in their neighbourhood is cleared as town.

Is that too tin-foily?
In post 9193, Bellaphant wrote:That's what I was trying to say earlier. I don't think all the neighbors are just town, no, otherwise what's the point of masons.
They were probably selected at random, so there’s no reason they absolutely couldn’t be but with the mason mech, there’s also no good reason to auto tr all of them either. Hoods aren’t masonries.

So it’s possible they’re all town but it would also be extremely silly to treat them as masonries.
Dance, dance
And these are the lives you love to lead
~ Fall Out Boy

Hydra of Titus and Nancy Drew 39
Dancing Puppets
Dancing Puppets
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Dancing Puppets
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9209 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2022 4:45 am

In post 9195, T-Bone wrote:
In post 9171, Bellaphant wrote:What would be the benefit of a fake posy restrictions though? Unless both the neighbors are scum, which feels pretty odd.

P-edit that makes a bit more sense. I dunno what me and you are doing this Game, I feel like I disagree with you, you get aggy at me and then we end up agreeing.
I get you the benefit is lost on me too...but maybe it was just a plan to get by as a lurker day 1 with a built in excuse...no one could predict we'd put up 300 pages.

I just think with how inconsistent they've been with the post restriction. Signatures don't count. Not even noticing they went over 100 words (or maybe they thought no one would count idk). Then they didn't know what the punishment was for going over 100 words. Then finally they said the Mod told them "close enough". I just think it was a plan gone wrong for reasons some within their control and some without their control, and that's why we struggle to think "why?"

And like, I'll be honest, and maybe this is confirm bias...I don't think their content through Math on Day 1 or their content now on Day 2 is all that compelling that makes me want to disregard all the weirdness because they look town.

Also if we accept their are scum in the neighbors...I think DNA is more likely than the Math slot.
I like this post. I think there isn’t any particularly compelling reason to either tr all the hoods or assume there absolutely has to be scum in them either. I think we should probably treat each slot individually.

I think their hood is probably real though. I just don’t understand why DNA is doing whatever they are. I could still see them az lhf town but I can see that there isn’t a huge difference in their posting today, which you’d expect from a d1 post restriction. But this why we really should wait for Math replace in because I think that’s the only way we’re going to get answers on this.
Dance, dance
~ Fall Out Boy

Rad
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #9210 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2022 4:45 am

Post by Rad »

Actually, masons for the Math and C&G slots makes a lot of sense given both the flavor and their TRs on each other.

Is a setup with 2 mason groups ridiculous and unheard of? My main concern with this idea is:
In post 4539, Cytosine and Guanine wrote:
In post 4001, Roden wrote:Yeah I'm not going to bother trying to keep up at this point, 70 pages is too much.

I can vaguely tell there's a wagon on me. I'm claiming Mason.
UNVOTE: Roden
(move Town)
-Guanine
A C&G mason would have to believe that 2 mason groups in this set up is totally legit and there's no reason to question the other mason claim at all.

I think considering the Math and C&G slots are viable wagons right now, they should just claim if they're masons?
Dancing Puppets
Dancing Puppets
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Dancing Puppets
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9211 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2022 4:52 am

In post 9178, Bellaphant wrote:? I don't feel like I said or thought that? And I agree, I need to more critical of Luke's conclusions.

My scum reads are boring - there's at least one scum in Johnny/mala/enchant. I think best bird is just flat scum. I'm trying not to scum read professor drapion. Math could be scum. I guess my spicier scum reads are that I wouldn't be surprised if oth was scum. Occasionally I waver on pooky:, but they are probably town.
I could do BB, he has never wrongly sr me, so that was a huge red flag for me. OtH is locktown. I will hard veto any wagon on them.

Mala really isn’t doing anything, just seems to be popping in every so often. It’s really hard to tell because it’s a large though and I’m finding this setup overwhelming, which is why I much prefer smaller games. I probably wouldn’t even have signed up if hydras weren’t allowed.

I have no clue on Johnny. Enchant? Idk?
Dance, dance
~ Fall Out Boy

PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #9212 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2022 4:54 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Dancing Puppets
Dancing Puppets
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Dancing Puppets
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9213 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2022 4:57 am

In post 9179, Bellaphant wrote:C and g too. In my head I get hung up on only one of them or math can be scum but that's not mechanicalky true is it
I’m guessing the hoods were completely randomized, so it’s different than say Koba’s Neighbour game where the setup actually necessitated that there were at least two tvs hoods and 0 svs hoods. so I think any combination could be possible including fake hoods but get the impression from Math’s posting that isn’t the case here but then it’s also really strange that corwin never said anything but I think Math replacement should hopefully resolve all of this.
Dance, dance
~ Fall Out Boy

Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9214 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2022 4:59 am

Post by Bellaphant »

I didn't hate bbts 'one scum in leaders', and I don't have a huge grasp on oth. Tbf I'd kinda put you in there as one of the loudest voices, but I do townread you.

Mala's 'dont fucking wagon me' just felt really .... displaced.
I feel like Johnny has actually done stuff but I literally don't remember then at all.

Enchant is mostly a meta read.

For now I'm happy with my vote but I could go any of those three happily. I know rad talked about lhf but I also don't think we should give questionable slots a pass, the same way that we shouldn't give 'leaders' a pass.

P-edit that's not the only reason I scum read the slot though. Some input from the replacement would be great however
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9215 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2022 5:01 am

Post by Bellaphant »

I just went to iso Johnny and they have like 100 more posts than me and I can't remember a single thing they've said. Help.
Dancing Puppets
Dancing Puppets
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Dancing Puppets
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9216 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2022 5:09 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I hope they have a GoT version of this.
Dance, dance
~ Fall Out Boy

Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #9217 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2022 5:16 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 9143, Bell wrote:It's a disagreement I have with Luke and a few others this game.
I iso'd you once and then reiso'd you basically realized I can't really say much but that your vibes are wrong. I'm pretty much waiting for you to either slip up or change my mind.
Shouldn't be hard given how you appear to be trying to get town read in your way.

I don't feel much need to engage with luke on this read right now. Since my focus is pretty much Mathblade while kind of just sie swiping at people I'm suspicious of.
I do think T-bone's read of me is more natural, trajectory wise, than yours is.
But I don't think either of you have provided a rationale for the read.

Speaking of. I have no idea what C&G are doing this game. They're not playing anything like I'd expect unless Ircher is entirely running the show and choosing to appear moderately scummy for some reason.
My name appears multiple times here, but I am not even sure what you are saying that you disagree with me on???
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #9218 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2022 5:20 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 9157, Cytosine and Guanine wrote:
In post 9155, Rad wrote:1 more thing CaG

I would appreciate a response to my post please
Sure.
I'm pretty sure that we never told Math that he couldn't share.
Though, it's most likely that he misinterpreted something.
-Guanine
Math said this multiple times. Like a lot.

Why did you not try to correct it. Like, could have been 1-2 words, but if you saw your only interpreter repeatedly saying you said something you didn't say, why was that not a priority for your word use?
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #9219 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2022 5:21 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 9160, RCEnigma wrote:Weird company to be involved with. I feel like my content is straight forward this game surprisingly.
I was leaning scum on the toad, but generally liked your posting. Mixed signals put you there.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #9220 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2022 5:28 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 9163, RCEnigma wrote:Luke when you’re around I want to talk about your Klick scumlean.
Was just kinda vibes at first, but then I really did not like his posting around the Math wagon.

His progression from very little/to no comment on Corwin/Math, to "I guess I can sheep Luke on this," to absolute certainty that Math was scum. Felt. Off. And when I started pressing him to back up that certainty, he instead walked away from the read (hard scum read -> lean town).

Probably does not happen with scum!Math, and I am more sure on scum!Math, which is why he is not lower.

But, that is the most memorable engagement I had with Klick, and I walked away with a bad taste in my mouth.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #9221 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2022 5:33 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 9173, Bellaphant wrote:I think I'm being easily swayed by them looking really reasonable and then suddenly half of their conclusions feeling left field, like the dunnstral masons thing
i don't think that the dunnstral masons things was out of left field :/

Like, I know that I ended up wrong, but Ceph said that that was his first thought too, and Roden tried to push dunn based on my case >.<
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #9222 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2022 5:37 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 9181, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
In post 9179, Bellaphant wrote:C and g too. In my head I get hung up on only one of them or math can be scum but that's not mechanicalky true is it
I don't know. I think it would be weird for Math AND C&G to be scum and be in a neighbourhood. Like, that literally makes no sense at all.
I am of the opinion that all neighborhoods were determined before alignment. Every single neighbor hood that has claimed their flavor has made sense based on flavor.

Sun/Jin are a married couple. Rose/Bernard are a married couple. Boone/Shannon are Brother/Sister.

The mod said that the alignment for flavor was randomized. If Sun and Jin were both randomized into scum, I think that they would have ended up in a hood together.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9223 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2022 5:38 am

Post by Bellaphant »

I'm just saying, especially after the newbie, I need to be aware that you talk Ans I just go 'yeah yeah yeah'. I don't think it's scummy.
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #9224 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2022 5:39 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 9182, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:At least one of Luke/Pooky/OTH are scum. Scum are driving the game too well for all of those to be town IMO
I confused by the make up of this trio? How did you land on these three?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”