Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1250 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2022 8:47 pm

Post by Firebringer »

I really dislike this framing as a policy lim.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1251 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2022 8:49 pm

Post by Crescent »

Meg and Fred cross-protecting each other is why I started this day on Fred's ass to begin with. I even indicated that I thought they were potentially scum together day 1. I know Prince makes sense.

Enchant has singlehandedly made me question things, as his last 30 or so hours are easily the scummiest progression of posts any player has made all game, and it's not even close.

I have reasons to think both are scum, but also reasons to think they'd not scum together. It's not pleasant.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1252 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2022 8:50 pm

Post by Crescent »

DWLee doesn't strike me as the "lazy bus" type, but correct me if I'm wrong. I could easily be wrong on that.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1253 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2022 8:51 pm

Post by Firebringer »

Okay ill bite on this.
What has enchant done in the last 24-30 hours (i presume my fight with him was like 48 hours ago or longer) so different from how he started this game day.

Because ive not seen anything different that could scream scummy except for that call out you did of him unvoting which i think was hella weird.
Show
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1254 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2022 8:54 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 1252, Crescent wrote:DWLee doesn't strike me as the "lazy bus" type, but correct me if I'm wrong. I could easily be wrong on that.
I don't see dwlee as lazy busser. But I also can see world where it was a buss. It could go either way but if im going by their direct interactions I would give lower than 50% odds its SvS interactions. My mind is if mala flipped scum then enchant scum likelihood is lower but not erased.
Show

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1255 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2022 8:54 pm

Post by Firebringer »

My standpoint is dwlee!scum could easily push enchant!town because who is going to defend enchant!town
Show

Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1256 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2022 8:56 pm

Post by Enchant »

I would defend enchant!town
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1257 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2022 8:57 pm

Post by Firebringer »

Who are u
Show

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1258 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2022 9:03 pm

Post by Firebringer »

Also isn't the argument of enchant not wanting to be on a town wagon defeated by the pushing of bugspray or am i too tired to think?
I actually don't remember bugspray being ever threatened by lim yesterday but i thought they were leading wagon before meg was pushed over the top.
Show

Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1259 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2022 9:11 pm

Post by Enchant »

Idk why i ever voted bugspray i forgot
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1260 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2022 12:02 am

Post by UNOwen »

IMO we should execute Fred and then he will flip red and we'll wonder why it was ever doubted.

doesn't convince me that Malakittens isn't a policy vote, which I'm not interested in.
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #1261 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2022 1:35 am

Post by Vivax »

VOTE: Fredrick A Campbell

Someone fake scumread me ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Fredrick A Campbell
Fredrick A Campbell
Any
Mafia Scum
Fredrick A Campbell
Any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1262 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2022 2:38 am

Post by Fredrick A Campbell »

In post 1260, UNOwen wrote:IMO we should execute Fred and then he will flip red and we'll wonder why it was ever doubted.

doesn't convince me that Malakittens isn't a policy vote, which I'm not interested in.
WIFOM detected.
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1263 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2022 2:44 am

Post by Vivax »

The solar flares almost gave me a stroke today
Y‘all need to stop wifoming, it‘s a national pastime around here and they don‘t play mafia because of it
Greeting will likely be wise enough to come around to the Fred wagon
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1264 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2022 3:29 am

Post by Vivax »

In post 1193, Andante wrote:I GET TO BE A PART OF FIRE'S FREE TIME!!!!!
Andante wants to go Aldente
Maybe after a Fred lunch
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1265 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2022 4:17 am

Post by geraintm »

In post 1188, Firebringer wrote:
In post 1169, Greeting wrote:If by the time I get back Fredrick A Campbell is at E-1, I will announce intent to hammer and hammer against my better judgement, for the simple reason that it's best to eliminate someone than no one and this still seems to be the choice of most townies. Given the way Day 2 is going, realistically I don't see any other solution, and I would name Fredrick A Campbell as a townlean, not a townread too.
we have five days and we just got new people in slots.
This is not a rush situation
i agree with this, those rushing today know something the rest of us dont
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1266 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2022 4:18 am

Post by geraintm »

In post 1196, Lowell wrote:Are we back to Fred again? Honestly people.

VOTE: fred
are you calling out your own post on Fred?
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1267 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2022 4:19 am

Post by geraintm »

In post 1218, Firebringer wrote:Here is a good question for everyone.
Why am i the only one voting Mala?
because you dont normally pile onto a replacement until they have had a chance to properly post, just bad form
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1268 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2022 4:20 am

Post by geraintm »

In post 1223, Vivax wrote:
In post 1218, Firebringer wrote:Here is a good question for everyone.
Why am i the only one voting Mala?
VOTE: Malakittens

Not so good now eh
this is the quaility of posting i expected from vivax
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1269 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2022 4:21 am

Post by geraintm »

In post 1234, Crescent wrote:Here's the issue I have with voting Mala right now based on the notion that Fred is town. A Mala flip basically doesn't tell us anything.

If Fred is town, there is an over 90% chance Enchant is scum. If Enchant is scum, Mala's chances of being town go up a little based on DWLee's actions.

Let's sum up Enchant even further now that we've seen more: He unvotes for an awful reason, that also seems to slip knowledge that Fred is town, and has a terrible reaction in response to the scrutiny. On top of this bad reaction, he never makes any effort whatsoever to explain why it suddenly made Fred "town" in the first place, which was the very first thing I asked.

Then he just says **** it, and naked votes Fred
for the third time this game

Prince's logic for a Fred vote is pretty solid, I'll give him that, but I still hold that Enchant feels like scum who followed this pattern:

A. Hopped from lazy pre-planned wagon (MT) to town wagon (Fred) as MT's wagon was fading off.

B. Found a bad excuse to get off of Fred's wagon so as to not be caught on a town flip.

C. Reacted poorly under the scrutiny of this unvote, but wouldn't actually address why it stuck out as bad. Gave no reason for why this made Fred town.

D. Saw Fred's train suddenly losing steam, and contradicted himself by jumping back onto a guy he just called town for absolutely no reason... With a vote made for absolutely no reason.

This doesn't feel remotely like town progression, and it seems far too ill timed at times and awkward at others to be a bus.
crescent's posts area always very consistent, this game and the last. if they can fake this as scum then i am impressed.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1270 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2022 4:24 am

Post by geraintm »

it is my birthday this weekend, won't be posting much.
i think i am in agreement with the grown ups posting in the thread that the Fred elimination looks best, but i on policy dont want to move to tomorrow without Malakittens saying something..

i take it Fred has made his peace with going at least?
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1271 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2022 4:35 am

Post by Lowell »

In post 1266, geraintm wrote:
In post 1196, Lowell wrote:Are we back to Fred again? Honestly people.

VOTE: fred
are you calling out your own post on Fred?
I guess? I just want a flip to sort.

Also, I'm buying fire as town, I guess.
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1272 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2022 5:07 am

Post by Enchant »

In post 1234, Crescent wrote:Here's the issue I have with voting Mala right now based on the notion that Fred is town. A Mala flip basically doesn't tell us anything.

If Fred is town, there is an over 90% chance Enchant is scum. If Enchant is scum, Mala's chances of being town go up a little based on DWLee's actions.

Let's sum up Enchant even further now that we've seen more: He unvotes for an awful reason, that also seems to slip knowledge that Fred is town, and has a terrible reaction in response to the scrutiny. On top of this bad reaction, he never makes any effort whatsoever to explain why it suddenly made Fred "town" in the first place, which was the very first thing I asked.

Prince's logic for a Fred vote is pretty solid, I'll give him that, but I still hold that Enchant feels like scum who followed this pattern:

A. Hopped from lazy pre-planned wagon (MT) to town wagon (Fred) as MT's wagon was fading off.

B. Found a bad excuse to get off of Fred's wagon so as to not be caught on a town flip.

C. Reacted poorly under the scrutiny of this unvote, but wouldn't actually address why it stuck out as bad. Gave no reason for why this made Fred town.

D. Saw Fred's train suddenly losing steam, and contradicted himself by jumping back onto a guy he just called town for absolutely no reason... With a vote made for absolutely no reason.

This doesn't feel remotely like town progression, and it seems far too ill timed at times and awkward at others to be a bus.
Good post.
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1273 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2022 5:13 am

Post by Vivax »

In post 1272, Enchant wrote:

Good post.
Was about to write that I'm disappointed you wouldn't be saying that to a case on y...oooh
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1274 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2022 5:15 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 1269, geraintm wrote:

crescent's posts area always very consistent, this game and the last. if they can fake this as scum then i am impressed.
Meow.

Can and have, to be fair. Though, I still have no idea what it's like to be scum here so it's possible I could be obvious as hell my first scum game given I haven't been scum in like 2 1/2 years and this format already messes with my natural way of metaing games some. There may be a growing pains kinda game.

Probably the biggest key to my scumgame is... Outside of claiming, I really don't lie. Like I mentioned in my last game, I let my town game get naturally scummier and more honest to make my scum game harder to detect, and I feel like it made me a better player as both town and scum. I basically fly in the face of a significant amount of conventional WIFOM because my range is gigantic and often has nothing to do with my alignment.

This is the third time you and Gamma have been in a game with me, so it makes sense you're starting to see the natural consistency I play with. My treatment towards Mala in this situation is identical to my treatment of NM in the situation we had in 2273, and will be how I generally regard it no matter what my role or alignment is... But if I'm totally messed up in the head at the time, that can directly influence me. There will probably be a game where I just say **** it and kill the waste of a player spot early and in that game I will probably be town in a bad headspace.

Also, I'm a kitty. Meow.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”