ProfessorDrapion
ProfessorDrapion
Mafia Scum
ProfessorDrapion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11250 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2022 1:50 am

Post by ProfessorDrapion »

Plus it was obvious math was going over so since they knew this they also knew they could try and make a partner look better before they went over.
ProfessorDrapion
ProfessorDrapion
Mafia Scum
ProfessorDrapion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11251 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2022 1:51 am

Post by ProfessorDrapion »

Least that’s my opinion here.
Rad
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #11252 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2022 1:51 am

Post by Rad »

In post 11233, Roden wrote:
In post 11193, Rad wrote:So I know people hate meta, but I read Newbie 2095 during the break and both Roden and Mala as town in that game played completely different than whatever they're doing here. Both were thoughtful and full of analysis, and both leader types, even on Mala's alt. Like I read Roden as hard town almost immediately and it never dropped.

Is it ridiculous to doubt the mason claims here? I get it could be town complacence being "confirmed" but holy shit, it's like a different person. If we have some way to confirm one way or the other, that would be great, though I'm guessing we do not at this point without a flip, and no need to flip a mason claim at this stage I think?

I'd ask both of them to step up their game if town. I dunno if Mala's trying to push a new goof around town meta or something, but there's so much lost compared to how both of them played in 2095.
Man I wish the town thought the same way about me in that game too
Yeah I'm close to voting bbt here. I gave him a pass too long thinking I could read him better but I just can't. I read him town in 2095 without much trouble but this game I haven't been easily convinced 1 way or the other. Just sits there at null and leans back and forth. That's probably a good sign of scum bbt. I just woke up though so going to think about this for a bit.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #11253 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2022 1:53 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

Sure, but not at that point of the game.

Let's say Math's push was successful. I was pretty widely scum read at the time too, so it's feasible. You're suggesting that, as scum, we decided to try and narrow the pool so that it could potentially be Math vs BBT for absolutely no reason. It would be an extremely dangerous play given how widely scum read both of us were.

Not to mention the other player would get very little cred from a red flip. So, yeah, can we not?
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #11254 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2022 1:54 am

In post 11252, Rad wrote: Yeah I'm close to voting bbt here. I gave him a pass too long thinking I could read him better but I just can't. I read him town in 2095 without much trouble but this game I haven't been easily convinced 1 way or the other. Just sits there at null and leans back and forth. That's probably a good sign of scum bbt. I just woke up though so going to think about this for a bit.
Nice.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #11255 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2022 1:55 am

If you could explain, FYPOV, how me sitting at null is a 'good sign' of scum BBT that would be great.
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him, she/her

Post Post #11256 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2022 2:04 am

Post by Taly »

In post 9860, ProfessorDrapion wrote:
In post 9850, Bellaphant wrote:I'm a doc, hence I think there must be two from flavour, I was on rad n1 then bell.

Ok so I guess this isn’t entirely a redcheck then.

I Hardclaim Tracker

N1: CSF - Action Failed for some reason
N2: Bella visited Bell.
In post 9907, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:We're not yeeting Bella.

Pooky is scum posting again.
In post 9913, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Although actually, now that I think about it, scum using a strongman on Bell when there are so many potential options for a Doc to save doesn't really make sense.

Bella's play doesn't feel like scum though?
BBT I get that this a bit out of context but can you elaborate on your Bella read? How did you interpret Drap's claim at the time?
"Taly is going to be a hot mess all game and I am entertained" ~ Gammagooey
"The human race is bad at reading Taly." ~the worst
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
"Taly wins for the most fence-sitty reads in a game ever" ~Battle Mage
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him, she/her

Post Post #11257 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2022 2:08 am

Post by Taly »

In post 11238, MalcolmTucker wrote:
In post 11193, Rad wrote:So I know people hate meta, but I read Newbie 2095 during the break and both Roden and Mala as town in that game played completely different than whatever they're doing here. Both were thoughtful and full of analysis, and both leader types, even on Mala's alt. Like I read Roden as hard town almost immediately and it never dropped.

Is it ridiculous to doubt the mason claims here? I get it could be town complacence being "confirmed" but holy shit, it's like a different person. If we have some way to confirm one way or the other, that would be great, though I'm guessing we do not at this point without a flip, and no need to flip a mason claim at this stage I think?

I'd ask both of them to step up their game if town. I dunno if Mala's trying to push a new goof around town meta or something, but there's so much lost compared to how both of them played in 2095.
A bit like with the suspicion of Pooky and Luke yesterday that never went anywhere, feels like Rad is trying to shade widely townread players on the off-chance it'll work without ever really committing to it at all. I think it's fine to use meta but I think it's understandable that not everyone plays every game in the same way. I did scumread Roden early on but seeing little reason to doubt the mason claim at this stage.
Considering
Rad
doesn't seem like a powerful posting slot in the game from what I've skimmed of D3 and D4, I don't think that's a strategy that would work with
Rad
alone. So it doesn't read to me as a probable motive for
Rad

I want you and
butterchurn
to flesh out your votes.
"Taly is going to be a hot mess all game and I am entertained" ~ Gammagooey
"The human race is bad at reading Taly." ~the worst
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
"Taly wins for the most fence-sitty reads in a game ever" ~Battle Mage
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #11258 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2022 2:09 am

I wasn't sure, I'm not great at set-up spec either.

I believed Drap was tracker and I believed he tracked Bella to Bell, I just wasn't sure that this made her scum. I was town reading her pretty heavily outside of the claim and I mostly relied on this to form my read. I also liked the way Bella claimed and the info she gave made me think she was telling the truth (in terms of being macho, why would scum have a macho Doc for example). I can't lie and say that I didn't just *want* Bella to be town because I enjoy playing with her, so there is that as well.

The strongman was just a consideration as well - again, something that I wanted to think so that Bella could be town. After thinking about it though, it seemed strange for scum to use strongman on the Bell kill, so yeah, I disregarded it.
Rad
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11259 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2022 2:16 am

Post by Rad »

In post 11255, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:If you could explain, FYPOV, how me sitting at null is a 'good sign' of scum BBT that would be great.
Because I read you as town easily in 2095 and you had the same vibe there as you had in 2097. I haven't seen that vibe from you here which is what I was waiting for. You're just passive and reactionary here while you pressure and are more involved in those other games. I'm thinking that's probably a good sign of scum!bbt.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #11260 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2022 2:18 am

You don't think I pressured and was more involved in our Newbie game where I was scum?
Cytosine and Guanine
Cytosine and Guanine
They
Goon
Cytosine and Guanine
They
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: They

Post Post #11261 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2022 2:24 am

Post by Cytosine and Guanine »

In post 11195, Best Bird wrote:Wasn’t going to mention Rad, but I don’t like that post at all.
Somewhat agree.
Feels somewhat like an attempt at shading Roden.
-Guanine
This is a hydra between Ircher and RH9.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #11262 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2022 2:26 am

@Rad - I'm pretty sure you used that exact line of reasoning for why I was scum when you were scum and I was town in our last game.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #11263 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2022 2:26 am

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 11250, ProfessorDrapion wrote:Plus it was obvious math was going over so since they knew this they also knew they could try and make a partner look better before they went over.
If you’re interested in my opinion I think it’s the opposite.

I think bbt was the more likely to go down. His wagon did catch on a bit when math started it. The impression it gave me was math needed a foothold or a patsy and bbt was fine with being bussed since he was already accumulating pressure day 1. Whatever math spewed with his bbt case was bogus but that doesn’t make bbt town.

Why would math do this?

Two outcomes:

Math can better defend themselves because “well look at this townie thing math is doing by starting a wagon on a scummy slot”. Math doesn’t even have to follow through with the push they can bailout onto the next slot whenever town sees something else shiny.

Or the buss goes through and math gains credibility which he desperately needed at the time.

Both fell through because of oog health issues so we didn’t get a natural conclusion but that’s all just a theory.

A game theory.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #11264 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2022 2:28 am

In post 1732, Rad wrote:[
I believe I have a good feel for the difference between scum!BBT and town!BBT, but he'll have to ramp up his activity before I can test that theory. He's just null right now. His town and scum play is pretty similar, so it's not really a meta read per se, it's just that his intuition comes out differently as town vs scum.
This you?
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #11265 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2022 2:29 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

im ngl im half tempted to vote off rad just so I can troll lukewarm about his reads if rad flips town[and if rad flips scum its just a bonus]
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #11266 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2022 2:30 am

Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
Rad
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11267 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2022 2:30 am

Post by Rad »

In post 11236, RCEnigma wrote:

Newbie games and games in any other queue are completely different and slots will play them as such.
Yeah well I'm not. This is just my town game where I'm too open with my thoughts which gets me into trouble.

Let me quote 2095 Roden with some of his insight I thought was on point.
In post 168, Roden wrote:I say this having done that as scum. It's a consistently solid strategy to just play passively and town read volatile townies while town cannablizes itself for you.
Yeah this is the extent of my scum game right now. I did this with furtive last game and don't see why I wouldn't be doing that here if I was scum. Instead, I'm just attacking everyone at different times because I have no idea who is scum. Or maybe you buy into Malcolm's theory of me spreading shade across everyone openly while defending my partners. Yeah, not in my scum range right now but that's cool.
Rad
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11268 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2022 2:31 am

Post by Rad »

In post 11265, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:im ngl im half tempted to vote off rad just so I can troll lukewarm about his reads if rad flips town[and if rad flips scum its just a bonus]
Troll him after game when I'm alive and town and town won :mrgreen:
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #11269 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2022 2:31 am

rad if you were going to catch a scumbag and actually put together a scumcase on someone, today's probly the last chance you got buddy
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Rad
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11270 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2022 2:32 am

Post by Rad »

In post 11264, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
In post 1732, Rad wrote:[
I believe I have a good feel for the difference between scum!BBT and town!BBT, but he'll have to ramp up his activity before I can test that theory. He's just null right now. His town and scum play is pretty similar, so it's not really a meta read per se, it's just that his intuition comes out differently as town vs scum.
This you?
Yeah and then 400 pages happened and I lost your tone. So reading 2095 helped remind me what town bbt looks like.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #11271 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2022 2:36 am

In post 11089, Rad wrote: Town Lean:
butterchurn
Johnny
T-Bone
BB
Pooky
Mislim Bait
BBT
Taly
Roden
What changed your read on me since here, Rad?
Rad
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11272 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2022 2:36 am

Post by Rad »

In post 11269, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:rad if you were going to catch a scumbag and actually put together a scumcase on someone, today's probly the last chance you got buddy
Yeah I mentioned that at beginning of day. I get that I'm today's lim. Hell I'd flip me here. It would be impressive if town keeps me alive due to smart town. Cause I flip green and the only hope for me is smart town.

End of the day this isn't my scum game. I think both RCE and BBT should know that here even if they're town but meh, reads are hard. I'm sticking with my hard town read on RCE regardless of where he ends up on me.
Rad
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11273 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2022 2:36 am

Post by Rad »

In post 11271, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
In post 11089, Rad wrote: Town Lean:
butterchurn
Johnny
T-Bone
BB
Pooky
Mislim Bait
BBT
Taly
Roden
What changed your read on me since here, Rad?
2095 read happened
Cytosine and Guanine
Cytosine and Guanine
They
Goon
Cytosine and Guanine
They
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: They

Post Post #11274 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2022 2:37 am

Post by Cytosine and Guanine »

In post 11262, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:@Rad - I'm pretty sure you used that exact line of reasoning for why I was scum when you were scum and I was town in our last game.
Out of curiosity, can you link that game so that we can see for ourselves the similarities.
It would be useful for Town.
-Guanine
This is a hydra between Ircher and RH9.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”