Goon
butterchurn
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #11325 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2022 5:53 am

Post by butterchurn »

In post 11257, Taly wrote:I want you and butterchurn to flesh out your votes.
Sure. Here's some posts to look at.
In post 10735, Lukewarm wrote:Oh, just a general announcement of reads update. My read of Rad has tanked from upber town read -> null.

I am aware that lots of people still town read him, so don't really feel like touching that any time soon.
In post 10745, Lukewarm wrote:I kinda feel like scum!Rad would explain the Bell kill, since Bell could have been seen as the obstacle for scum!rad being able to end game.
In post 10981, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 10978, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:Luke I don't think you understand the faith I have in you

to claim my inno and annoint you as GUARDIAN AND LEADERPERSON OF THIS TOWN

I am putting my life in your hands buddy

let's fucking goooooooo

If I was really trying to shoot my shot as town leader, I'd say let's kill Rad.

Because I trust the town to kill enchant after I am dead and gone, but not so much with Rad lol
In post 11004, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 10984, T-Bone wrote:
In post 10757, Lukewarm wrote:I did not find his progression on Bella believable at all really.

By contrast, even though you were both arguing to save Bella, I did find yours believable
Progression when? Pre or post track reveal?
post.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
It was the

"wow no one is even thinking about this, occam's razzor says that bella is town because of the track result"
to
"oh shucks, you guys convinced me. it would be actually a crazy series of coincidences needed for Bella to be town"
to
"Actually, here is a (quite flawed btw) plan on how to leash Bella to prove that she is town"

Spoiler:
In post 10272, Rad wrote:
Nah everyone jumped on Bella without any analysis, is why I'm comparing it to RVS.

Actually Occam's Razor given the likelihood of Bella being an actual doc based on flavor is that town!Bella sat on Bell and Bell is macho so now he's dead.

You gotta deny Bella's a doc at all for there to be a better Occam's Razor cause the scum!Bella doc scenarios are complicated.
In post 10303, Rad wrote:Let's do this

VOTE: Bella

Strongman targets Bell and town!Bella targets Bell is just wtf GG

E-2 maybe? Been a while since I checked. Caution if you vote.
In post 10340, Rad wrote:Yo we already decided Juliet (bella claim) could be doc.

Did Bella steal it from a scum partner? Sure maybe.

If PD dies tonight we flip bella, 100%.

If Bella is town doc PD doesn't die. Bella dies or someone random dies.

That's the point.

The 10303 sticks out like a sore thumb, and hardly feels like it was written by the same person. Makes me feel like this was not genuine.
In post 11009, Lukewarm wrote:My other thoughts about Rad include his avoidance of the Math wagon day 2, despite claiming to scum read the slot.

Back to Back votes on Math early in the Day
Spoiler:
In post 7919, Lukewarm wrote:I think I am back to this

VOTE: Math
In post 7922, Bell wrote:VOTE: Mathblade

LOL @Frog town.
In post 7943, Taly wrote:
VOTE: Mathblade

vote's best served here

Rad shows up, and his strongest theory is cg+math S/S. Chooses to be the first vote on C/G instead of the 4th vote on Math
Spoiler:
In post 8038, Rad wrote:Mod makes up post limitation as a game design element and ignores it? I don't buy it.

Player gets limitation and doesn't care what happens if they go over? I don't buy it.

isn't a naked quote, it's a quote from one of the hydra's players who accidentally posted under the wrong account. If the player didn't accidentally post it under the wrong account, it would have been a 2 word post under the C&G account.

Fake post restriction.

VOTE: Cytosine and Guanine

Also Corwin must not have asked C&G about the penalty either. Seems like a pretty reasonable thing to ask if you're town and want to know what happens if they go over it. I mean why not? That's not something we want them explaining when they're restricted to 100 words. But Corwin/Math could have easily found out if they cared and let us all know.
In post 8042, Rad wrote:
In post 8041, Cytosine and Guanine wrote:@Rad So you think our hood is SvS? Okay, it's not impossible, but it's like very taboo. I should know having subverted that expectation in the past.
~Cytosine
Yeah I would read this scenario as a SvS neighborhood.
I have no clue if that's likely or not but the general consensus seems to be that neighborhoods were random in this game, so all combinations are possible.

Decides to try out a Malcolm wagon

Spoiler:
In post 9270, Rad wrote:All aboard

VOTE: Malcolm

Rad does his Daily Round up, which frankly feels kinda biased against killing Math. Like read math, then read C/G and malcolm lol.

Spoiler:
In post 9443, Rad wrote:Alright town let's gooooo!

We've got some great options here to discuss tonight!

First up we've got our most popular target in both Day 1 and Day 2. Mathblade!!

Mathblade was a replacement for Corwin. Both have felt kinda scummy, kinda not at various points. Math pushed hard to get town to "just talk to each other" which seems like a pretty noble thing indeed (cool!) if it wasn't also to defend against people just straight voting for him for reading him as scum (bummer...)!

Here in town we've got people with all sorts of meta reads on him. He came in pretty slow and steady and people meta read him as scum for it, so then he ramped things up and different (maybe!) people read him scum for it!
Math's meta has very conveniently settled into the "math is scum if he's in the game" territory.

Math was a neighbor to C&G and we can't quite tell what was a lie and what was the truth coming from this smooth talker. He's the Sun to C&G's Jin and supposedly Corwin was posting for both of them, like in the show (cool!), just not in any way that we can verify (bummer...).
It's probably the truth, we just don't realize it (Yeeesss)!

Hurry and vote today for Mathblade before his slot gets replaced with someone who makes you question your reality, or if flipping the slot sounds fun to you!

Next up we've got... BlueBloodedToffee!

BBT was the most excited person to get this game together. I bet most of you are in here because he messaged you in some way to get you to join! Siiiick. He also likes to skip out for long periods of time, complain about how much has happened since he last visited, and then proceed to spam page tops more effectively than anyone! Of his 292 posts, approximately 276 of them are pagetops! KING!

BBT is notoriously difficult to read with masterful blending of town and scum play styles, or in other words, both his town and scum play are incredibly scummy! Which one is he this time?? Don't bother with that meta nonsense, says his signature, cause BBT screams scum no matter what so just stop it don't bother!!

BBT has been especially good at naked votes this game, where he strips hi... I mean, where he votes for someone with no specified reason. This is a new term for me cause I'm a newbie and I love sharing my newbie status with people. Cool!

BBT loves VCA unless your VCA points to him, in which case it's absolute shit and you should feel embarassed for it wtf is wrong with you? Level 0.

BBT is a great counter wagon to just about anyone. If you see a wagon gaining momentum and you want to stop it, just vote for BBT. BOOM instant competing 3-6 person BBT wagon!

Next we have... Cytosine and Guanine aka C&G aka CaG aka cg aka DNA?? aka Jin

C&G could only speak up to 100 words during day 1. This is a legit restriction that the mod gave them. I bet you can't guess what the penalty is if you go over. Can you? Can you guess it? I mean not that you'd want to guess it, you could just ask the mod, but why would you do that? And why would their neighbor ask about it? Booooring. Also fuck the mod, let's go over 100 words anyway. It's not like we have a neighbor who could literally "translate" to the rest of town like in the show Lost that this restriction seems based on. Nah that's stupid just hit 103 words and give the mod the middle finger and let's move onto our next and last entry...

Malcolm!

Malcolm is currently writing an action horror novel staring Rad (that's me!). Follow Rad's character as the narrator describes in excrutiating details all the scummy shit only someone like Rad could pull off. There's no move Rad makes that isn't precicely calculated with the singular goal of town muuurrrdeerrrr.

Malcolm has also recently unlocked the "fastest 3 votes" achievement. Congrats! Luke will be giving out this award later in your neighborhood where you can defend Rad's town creds back and forth before you realize he's not just a character in your spy romance novel, he's... puurrree eeeviiiillll!

I'll just wait here and vote with town when town's ready so let's go town, let's vote out the scum!

Like really. He leans scum on Math. Sees literally all of his town reads on Math. Voting Math is apparently a struggle for him

Spoiler:
In post 9150, Rad wrote:The top 2 wagons right now are uneventful from my perspective.

6 Mathblade (Lukewarm, Bell, Taly, Cat Scratch Fever, BlueBloodedToffee, RCEnigma)
3 Bluebloodedtoffee (Mathblade, Roden, Off the Hook)

Math is full of my town reads and town leans, but I'm not super confident in my own reads
BBT has Math which I scum lean, Roden which is a supposed mason which I just accept but have no real read on, and OTH which I have null atm

And then a bunch of 1 person wagons.

If I had to choose between those right now, as a gladiate, I flip Math, but I'm not super confident in it.

Which combine the above with the way he treated Bella. He has poor interactions with both flipped scum's wagons imo.

In post 9854, Bellaphant wrote:it was Luke or bell for me and I assumed if another doc then prolly on other obv! town
I kinda want to read this as the scum team really was debating between me and Bell that night on who to kill. So those were the two that she claimed to be debating protecting.

And why kill Bell over Luke? - we are both widely town read. we both look good on the math flip. we both claimed neighbor (and I had even been dropping hints all game that I am more then a neighbor)

But. Luke has Rad as #1 Town Read. Bell has Rad as scum Read.

I don't actually know of any other read off the top of my head that we disagreed on. (could be wrong, but Bell did not do a reads list day 2 for me to compare to.)

And then basically all of his posting today.

His Paranoia solve flies in the face of his own presented play this game.
In post 10989, Rad wrote:I think this game is scum driven and bus heavy, but that seems ridiculous and I dunno how scum pooky or Luke get to end game without being obv scum so it's whatever.
I know I've been afraid to say this
which makes me think scum has created an environment where it doesn't feel comfortable to speak up, and the lurker types certainly aren't causing that. But hey fuck it
He is acting like this paranoia has been here for a while, but he was too afraid to speak on it. But that simply does not match his play.

When he was thinking about not killing Bella, I was the single person in the whole player list that he reached out to, by name, to do a "sanity check"
In post 10278, Rad wrote:Luke sanity check me please.

Did scum!Bella the doc or not doc go kill Bell last night?
Is that what you do to someone that you have a paranoia read on, that you are just too afraid to voice?
In post 11043, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 11038, Rad wrote:
In post 11033, Lukewarm wrote:Like, are you seriously arguing that people should think that you cannot be partnered with Math, because you made a post where you outlined the top 4 wagons (one of which happened to be Math).

Because, to be clear, your post gives big "one of which happen to be Math" energy.

If you want to argue that your post was the catalyst for some of the people to vote math, then sure. But that speaks more on those people. The people who looked at the 4, and when given those 4 options made a choice. Then it does about the person who made the list of 4 people.
I looked back to remember why I felt we were "stalled". These posts were what drove my big post:

Spoiler:
In post 9424, Bell wrote:Mathblade
In post 9425, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 9424, Bell wrote:Mathblade
he's so hard to kill even when he's gone lol
In post 9426, Best Bird wrote:Doesn't help that we're off wagon atm
In post 9429, Bell wrote:I think it has more to do with this town than it has to do with Mathblade.
Whatever people want out of mafia they aren't getting so they won't eliminate anyone until they get whatever it is.
I wanted to motivate town to join in on a single wagon, whether that was my c&g one or one of the others.

This selection of posts feels tailor made to make it look like you expected it to kill of Math....

The posts immediately proceeding your presenter posts included a lot about momentum onto C/G.

Spoiler:
In post 9430, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 9418, Best Bird wrote:
In post 9415, Lukewarm wrote:Should we actually do this?

VOTE: cg
why?
Doubting their claim. I actually think that they did have a posting restriction, but I don't believe that the punishment was death and it was not made clear to them.

Seems more likely to me, that the actually affect of breaking the posting restriction would be one that they don't want to tell the class.

I also have not gotten good vibes from them since they have lifted their posting restriction.

I also had a thought at the time of the flips, that if the mafia did kill Frog, then that would make sense in a world with scum C/G, given they were one of the 2 total suggestions made for Frog to Rolecop. (Dunn and i suggested dunn, roden suggested C/G).

And that thought came back when C/G just joined the discussion to advocate for you targeting Dunn over Frog.
In post 9432, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 9196, Save The Dragons wrote:Not Voting (Bellaphant, butterchurn, Best Bird, JohnnyFarrar, Malakittens, MalcolmTucker, Cytosine and Guanine, Off the Hook)
Also this
In post 9433, Bell wrote:C&G is off, but I can smell the fake role posturing from here.
If they're actually just neighbor VT here they're playing exceptionally badly as either alignment.
I'll leave a 0 star review on their yelp page.
In post 9435, Best Bird wrote:
In post 9432, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 9196, Save The Dragons wrote:Not Voting (Bellaphant, butterchurn, Best Bird, JohnnyFarrar, Malakittens, MalcolmTucker, Cytosine and Guanine, Off the Hook)
Also this
mmm...they still aren't voting....i don't like that
In post 9436, JohnnyFarrar wrote:VOTE: C&g]
In post 9442, T-Bone wrote:
In post 9415, Lukewarm wrote:Should we actually do this?

VOTE: cg
Choo choo
Best Bird
Best Bird
Goon
Best Bird
Goon
Goon

Post Post #11326 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2022 5:54 am

Post by Best Bird »

VOTE: rad
Rad
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #11327 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2022 5:55 am

Post by Rad »

In post 11324, Off The Hook wrote:has malcom ever gave a tier list
here he posts his early list with some updates to it. I don't see any more full lists.
butterchurn
butterchurn
He/Him
Goon
butterchurn
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #11328 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2022 5:56 am

Post by butterchurn »

Malcolm, did Luke say anything during the night, or anything in general that he'd want us to know after his death?
JohnnyFarrar
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #11329 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2022 5:56 am

Post by JohnnyFarrar »

In post 11303, Off The Hook wrote:I'm also now wary of johnny and he knows why. I think he could be scum here : DD
This is coincidentally why I thought pooky scumread me

I Keep going back and forth on it, cuz I trust Nancy's meta reads, but I also think csf could be scum here
Phone posting. Low effort, big fun.
"In my heart, Johnny will always be scum" - Not_Mafia
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #11330 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2022 5:57 am

Post by Cat Scratch Fever »

I still think Johnny is scum >_<

I concede BBT is probably town, i forgot BBT and Bella had a that weird conversation about game pace
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11331 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2022 5:59 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 11328, butterchurn wrote:Malcolm, did Luke say anything during the night, or anything in general that he'd want us to know after his death?
Sadly not, presume he may have been busy. The only post between us was one where I actually asked him what he thought of CSF, who I'd been growing a bit unsure about on a gut-level, but never heard back from him by the time this turn kicked off.
Rad
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11332 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2022 5:59 am

Post by Rad »

In post 11326, Best Bird wrote:VOTE: rad
Yo BB what's your read on Malcolm?
JohnnyFarrar
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #11333 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2022 5:59 am

Post by JohnnyFarrar »

Rad better not be scum tho, I can only be so wrong
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11334 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2022 6:00 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 11323, Off The Hook wrote:
In post 11305, MalcolmTucker wrote:Would it, though, given the logic here dictates Rad would be unlikely to do it? Luke is a strong town-player and was basically confirmed town. Rad (or anyone who Luke suspected) can surely argue away that scum would want Luke out the game because it's ultimately always going to be beneficial for them.

Why are you wary again re Johnny? I thought we were pretty solid on Johnny being town now post-D2?
from what im gathering, i think rad is slightly still in the noob stage so i think they would be more worried about appearances and not think through 100% what they could do to fix it.

im wary of johnny because of a mini normal that just finished where he was scum :P imo it seems pretty similar to his play here
Rad is definitely a clever player though and has a strong knowledge of what's going on in the game, it's not impossible, especially if Luke strongly TR'd any potential teammates at all.
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #11335 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2022 6:01 am

In post 11310, MalcolmTucker wrote:
In post 11308, Rad wrote:Who besides me do you think is scum Malcolm?
As I've outlined above, I'm increasingly of the belief CSF could be scum. Didn't think much of them as potential mafia early on but felt they'd been quiet last turn and the links between them/Bella look reasonable as two scum-mates who potentially defended each other a fair bit early on before Cat bussed at the right time.
I think I'm hindsight Bella was working very hard to pocket me
butterflies
butterflies
fae/faer + she/her
Mafia Scum
butterflies
fae/faer + she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: fae/faer + she/her

Post Post #11336 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2022 6:01 am

Post by butterflies »

In post 11296, Mislim Bait wrote:If one of rad/malcolm flip scum then the other is always town
same goes for oth/mala they're claims sort of conflict with each other
OtH is town regardless of what Mala is.

~Nancyfly

(We did this in Chromavalon so if I remember, I’ll try to keep doing this.)
hydra of
Flea the Magician (fae/faer)
and
Nancy Drew 39 (she/her)
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #11337 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2022 6:03 am

In post 11329, JohnnyFarrar wrote:
In post 11303, Off The Hook wrote:I'm also now wary of johnny and he knows why. I think he could be scum here : DD
This is coincidentally why I thought pooky scumread me

I Keep going back and forth on it, cuz I trust Nancy's meta reads, but I also think csf could be scum here
Did you think you were playing scummy here too?
Best Bird
Best Bird
Goon
Best Bird
Goon
Goon

Post Post #11338 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2022 6:04 am

Post by Best Bird »

In post 11332, Rad wrote:
town enough for now....why?
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #11339 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2022 6:07 am

VOTE: Johnny
JohnnyFarrar
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #11340 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2022 6:07 am

Post by JohnnyFarrar »

In post 11337, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:Did you think you were playing scummy here too?
I just won a game as scum and I'm not acting much different here. If I'm breaking a rule talking about it I can stop now
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #11341 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2022 6:08 am

If the other game is over, you can talk about it
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11342 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2022 6:11 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 11335, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 11310, MalcolmTucker wrote:
In post 11308, Rad wrote:Who besides me do you think is scum Malcolm?
As I've outlined above, I'm increasingly of the belief CSF could be scum. Didn't think much of them as potential mafia early on but felt they'd been quiet last turn and the links between them/Bella look reasonable as two scum-mates who potentially defended each other a fair bit early on before Cat bussed at the right time.
I think I'm hindsight Bella was working very hard to pocket me
It's possible but they did throw in a null-read there at one point. I don't think it's beyond Bella to have townread a potential teammate.

Out of interest, who else do you reckon is scum other than Johnny? I liked the case on Johnny early game but struggling to see it following Math's elimination.
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #11343 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2022 6:15 am

In post 11342, MalcolmTucker wrote:It's possible but
they did throw in a null-read there at one point.
I don't think it's beyond Bella to have townread a potential teammate.
Why does that rule out that she was buddying me?
JohnnyFarrar
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #11344 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2022 6:19 am

Post by JohnnyFarrar »

Nancy this feels wooden right here
JohnnyFarrar
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #11345 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2022 6:20 am

Post by JohnnyFarrar »

I don't remember if that makes them town or scum but I remember a wooden conversation
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #11346 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2022 6:20 am

In post 11342, MalcolmTucker wrote:Out of interest, who else do you reckon is scum other than Johnny? I liked the case on Johnny early game but struggling to see it following
Math's
elimination.
:neutral: How does Math's elimination rule out Johnny?
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #11347 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2022 6:20 am

In post 11344, JohnnyFarrar wrote:Nancy this feels wooden right here
What feels wooden?
JohnnyFarrar
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
JohnnyFarrar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #11348 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2022 6:23 am

Post by JohnnyFarrar »

Just like the whole "I was being pocketed, no no that doesn't matter I'm pretty sure I was being pocketed" thing
Rad
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11349 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2022 6:23 am

Post by Rad »

In post 11338, Best Bird wrote:
In post 11332, Rad wrote:
town enough for now....why?
Because I want the guy who's supposedly talking to Ceph in a PT to give his opinion on my scum read? "town enough for now" as the reasoning is so disappointing.

What's Ceph's read on me and Malcolm?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”