Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:00 am

Post by Aristeia »

In post 373, KittyTacky wrote:
In post 251, Radical Rat wrote:I don't understand the Roden wagon. He's got three posts, and none of them strike me as particularly scummy.
Yeah same. Roden is very null to me.
I don't understand how you can sus the loki voters and also be null on roden

this feels like a contradiction to me.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:00 am

Post by Aristeia »

like um

which loki voters are you exactly sussing?
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:07 am

Post by Roden »

In post 248, Dannflor wrote:I think the main thing GL picked up on with fire that appealed to me was that they seemed to have a post-hoc justification for a read that didn't come off to me as an entirely natural train of though. Rather, it felt like it could have been someone searching for a reason to support that read. The whole logical error part of the argument is less enticing to me. Town make logical errors in their thinking all the time, it's more the feeling that it wasn't a natural train of thought for fire that lead me to like GL's argument.

I'll chicken out and say fire is still a pretty mixed read. They strike me as a good player and while the stuff GL is putting pressure on has me suspicious I think I need a much larger volume of content from them to develop a better read.

Meanwhile, Roden's pop-in was lacking a lot to be desired. It took the form of that cookie-cutter scum pop-in that I tend towards a lot when I have a red PM.
1. place a vote down on an easy to push townie
2. throw out a read for content
3. make one more post about anything to appear natural

more votes here :)
In post 54, Roden wrote:VOTE: Shoshin
In post 8, Ausuka wrote:Hi. My role in this game is Ascetic Miller.

No, I don't know why anyone would add Miller to a role which can't be investigated.

I feel like I got a middle finger instead of a Role PM this game :lol:
It's possible an Ascetic-Enabler exists. Otherwise it just sounds like you got a troll role.
In post 55, Roden wrote:Marci's vibes seem a bit off

Datisi feels kinda town though

In post 32, Roden wrote:
I will participate.

Appreciate that people think I'm fun and active. Uhhh...if we're doing this then I guess I'd pick Pooky.

VOTE: Pooky

Also don't mind my role or skill set. I got my first pick, so that's nice.

In post 92, Roden wrote:How busy is everyone else's hoods? Is most of the gameplay just happening there? The set up is interesting enough that I feel like more people should be talking.

In post 7, Roden wrote:I have no idea who I'd want as a leader just looking at the player list. From what I'd guess though, we want to elect consensus town reads who are also good at reading others, since it looks like we'll have to rely on them to make choices in future events.
In post 12, Roden wrote:
In post 8, NotAHecticAlt wrote:
In post 7, Roden wrote:I have no idea who I'd want as a leader just looking at the player list. From what I'd guess though, we want to elect consensus town reads who are also good at reading others, since it looks like we'll have to rely on them to make choices in future events.
so where's your vote for me?
I don't know you.
In post 210, Roden wrote:HEAL: NotAHecticAlt

I town read Andante but I understand that she doesn't want to be nominated. So my second heal will just go to whichever of her town reads I agree with the most.
In post 211, Roden wrote:Aisa Eiji Loki Gamma all feel town so far

FB seems like he's kinda just posturing

In post 13, Roden wrote:VOTE: Titus
In post 17, Roden wrote:Just random
In post 34, Roden wrote:
In post 23, Dwlee99 wrote:1, 4, 4
In post 20, Aristeia wrote:I have a cool thought experiment I want to try.

Let's all write down which three numbers we would submit if we were running a scum team.

I will explain after everyone writes down their numbers how this will help us.

I will go first.

1, 3, 13
I'd probably try to be tactical and talk it out with the team first. If it was entirely my choice, probably 4, 11, 19. Since I think they would be uncommon low numbers. But one team mate having an unreasonably large number does have some strategic merit.

Actually, I'm guessing that's why STD asked me about my vote.

In post 54, Roden wrote:
In post 39, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 34, Roden wrote:
In post 33, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 29, Roden wrote:
In post 22, whiskey delta wrote:How long has everyone been playing? Outta curiosity

I used to play a lot but it’s probably been about ~3 years since I did last. My home website went the way of the dodo sadly
A little over a year, but the last time I played in the newbie queue was back in September.
Did I see you fakeclaim Tracker in a game?
I did actually, in Newbie 2070.
Postgame got a bit heated in that one, LOL.
A bit yeah haha, it was a rough spot for town.
In post 55, Roden wrote:
In post 53, takotsubo syndrome wrote:
In post 16, hutmeil wrote:I guess since this is Day 1, all the current votes are senseless.

My notes:

Alianna
- was informed that furtiveglance is Town?? (Mason or Friendly Neighbor?)
- asks who wants to be nightkilled (sus)
Well this is just a disgusting post to start off the game.
Disgusting? Sure. But is it scummy? Ehhh...I think newbscum tries harder to look townie. Pretty sure it was just meant to be a joke post since it was during RVS.

Then again, they disappeared afterward. I understand that not much is going on right now, but it's been almost three days since their last post. Let's get some pressure going, maybe?

VOTE: Hutmeil

BwG2 ISO that I won't drag quotes out of because it would be a pain

Anyway these are all somewhat recent town games, it's not +scum for me, I'm just masking

Also in what universe is Loki an easy push
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:13 am

Post by Aristeia »

what is masking?
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:19 am

Post by Roden »

In post 374, Aristeia wrote:
In post 367, Roden wrote:What game were we both in where I was scum? Or is that just a general read?

in the coalition game you were significantly more townie when pressured. Coalition Micro

similarly in Fusion Upick

when you're scum you tend to kind of don't have that kind of edge/angry tone in your voice.

You don't have the same kind of edge when defending yourself and it feels like you're not quite really here and more importantly you don't feel like you want to be here.

SCP
Radio Buzz

I understand from your last completed mini normal[2276] you were fustrated over being nightkilled on n1 and perhaps not wanting to be nightkilled would be a valid explanation for maybe not being as townie as you have been in the past but this game is not really that sort of game.

in this game, scum can't just shoot the towniest townies - it would be quite suicidal of them to do so because it would make the 1v1s quite lopsided, they have to actually shoot in the murky middle so to speak, as a result you should be trying to be as townie as possible but it doesn't feel like you're enthusiastic about this game at all.
Fusion was just a dumb Day 1 and A50 was being an asshole

Coalition I was mad because I was invested and actually correct on 90% of my reads and fire played like shit which pissed me off more

Not really comparable to a game that hasn't gone anywhere yet and I'm getting D1 voted for the same shit I say literally every game

As for SCP, I was literally at Disneyland on vacation and town fantasized a reason to scum read me, I didn't seem like I wanted to be in that because I legit didn't want to be for a few days lol

Radio Buzz...ehhh my only excuse is that everyone spammed the thread and I couldn't keep up

Besides that I have plenty of town games where I never really got mad, and a few scum games where I was invested immediately. I don't really think this meta analysis holds up when looking at the entirety of my game history.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:21 am

Post by Roden »

In post 378, Aristeia wrote:what is masking?
"Normal" passing in social situations basically
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:25 am

Post by Roden »

Oh that's actually kinda intentionally manipulative and might explain why I constantly trip people up in these games

That's a revelation
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:28 am

Post by Aristeia »

ok let's say I am wrong about you.

who would you like to kill and why?
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:40 am

Post by Roden »

In post 252, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 190, Roden wrote:
In post 91, Bell wrote:
In post 85, kutiplz wrote:
In post 82, Bell wrote:Meow me a river.

Also, that is the cutest avatar. I cannot tel if that is an actual cat or a doll.
Thank you, it's a cute cat.

What is your experience with the players in this player list
I've played with Fire, Dann, Furtive, Roden, Guilty, Radicalrat
(but it always feels like I'm playing adjacent to them)
And I completely forgot if I played with Aris before or if I just chatted with them in a dead thread once.

I think getting a lay of the land is kind of both.

@Fire, same. Mostly I play this game to understand people. Speaking of which.
Are you scum?
I feel that. There are just some players that I never really interact with even across multiple games.
It's this for me. It's just fluff, designed to pocket Bell.
Spoiler:

In post 294, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 293, Loki Dokie wrote:
In post 288, furtiveglance wrote:Yeah I'd definitely like Roden to say more before I considered voting there.
Dann’s argument would suggest that Roden’s scumgame isn’t good. His vote on me is bad but as scum, he’d probably realize that.

In the game I played with scum!him I was getting heavily wagoned and Roden hard wk’d me. This just seems to be really sloppy if Roden’s scum here.

Roden was so good in that game that last town miselimmed me at elo and Roden won, so why would his scumgame suddenly turn to shit? Idk what to think rn.
I read that game and I think it was mostly the PR claim rather than anything else.
...I literally hard bussed my buddy to "save" Nancy. Before that, the elim was between two townies.
In post 498, Roden wrote: In any case, I'm inclined to stick to my current reads. Nancy shouldn't be today's elim over James.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:47 am

Post by Roden »

In post 382, Aristeia wrote:ok let's say I am wrong about you.

VOTE: Furtive

Furtive just misrep'd my play in a past game to justify his scum read on me. What makes it egregious is that we already had a conversation about this game before and doesn't have an excuse for suddenly not remembering the game correctly now.
In post 54, Roden wrote:
In post 34, Roden wrote:
In post 29, Roden wrote:
In post 22, whiskey delta wrote:How long has everyone been playing? Outta curiosity

I used to play a lot but it’s probably been about ~3 years since I did last. My home website went the way of the dodo sadly
A little over a year, but the last time I played in the newbie queue was back in September.
He also misread me really badly that game and mindlessly tunneled me. Scum reading me this game before I really do much of anything shows a lack of reassessment or even any caution in making the same mistake again.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:50 am

Post by Roden »

In post 227, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 225, GuiltyLion wrote:fire do you want to join this Roden wagon
im not sure if i trust you but i trust dann so sure

VOTE: Roden
In post 353, fireisredsir wrote:hmm ok there's 4 other scum we can wagon a different one

VOTE: KittyTacky
Same issue with fire except he doesn't even give a reason for scum reading me.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:56 am

Post by Roden »

Tbh Ari this is the most you've interacted with me in a game in almost a year, but IIRC it was just you telling me I wasted my IC role lol
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:58 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 384, Roden wrote:

Furtive just misrep'd my play in a past game to justify his scum read on me. What makes it egregious is that we already had a conversation about this game before and doesn't have an excuse for suddenly not remembering the game correctly now.
In post 54, Roden wrote:
In post 34, Roden wrote:
In post 29, Roden wrote:

He also misread me really badly that game and mindlessly tunneled me. Scum reading me this game before I really do much of anything shows a lack of reassessment or even any caution in making the same mistake again.
I was just chatting about the game in which you fakeclaimed Tracker, it's not why I scumread you.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:59 am

Post by Roden »

In post 386, Roden wrote:Tbh Ari this is the most you've interacted with me in a game in almost a year, but IIRC it was just you telling me I wasted my IC role lol
In post 667, Aristeia wrote:the IC really is wasted on Roden

VOTE: t3
In post 677, Aristeia wrote:
In post 668, Roden wrote:But town likes to claim scum and shit push me when I'm not confirmed inno
I think your playstyle is pretty divergent and fairly easy to read
Looked it up out of curiosity and, actually does this still apply for you?
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:04 am

Post by Roden »

In post 387, furtiveglance wrote:

In post 54, Roden wrote:
In post 34, Roden wrote:
In post 29, Roden wrote:

I was just chatting about the game in which you fakeclaimed Tracker, it's not why I scumread you.
Didn't claim that was your reason, I said you're trying to justify your scum read.
In post 288, furtiveglance wrote:Yeah I'd definitely like Roden to say more before I considered voting there.
Dann’s argument would suggest that Roden’s scumgame isn’t good. His vote on me is bad but as scum, he’d probably realize that.

In the game I played with scum!him I was getting heavily wagoned and Roden hard wk’d me. This just seems to be really sloppy if Roden’s scum here.

Roden was so good in that game that last town miselimmed me at elo and Roden won, so why would his scumgame suddenly turn to shit? Idk what to think rn.
I read that game and I think it was mostly the PR claim rather than anything else.
Unless I'm just wildly off base here, this reads as you downplaying how I played as scum in that game to better fit the narrative for why I'm getting scum read this game.
Loki Dokie
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:05 am

Post by Loki Dokie »

In post 360, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 358, Loki Dokie wrote:VOTE: Greeting

I did a meta dive and based off of that, I think he could be scum here.
probably yea
I looked at a couple of town and scumgames and his entrance was different dependant on alignment.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him; they/them

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:06 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 333, Bell wrote:*stares vacantly* Wisdom?
That doesn’t make any sense.
Just tell me. If you’re going to play coy about it.

Well more important question are you a polarized player where you play totally different as one alignment from another?

I feel like I got a tldr: from greeting that could be summed up as kill all lurkers.
Sure. Yeah. Okay.
I don't know if this was directed to me or anything. If you want to interact with me then you have to be very clear that the question is directed at me, because otherwise my brain will just decide it's not worth my effort.

As for my Day 1 strategy, it's pretty much work with what we've got, so leave the towniest out of the PoE and pick someone from the PoE. Because there will be no classic Day 2 or Day 3 for that matter and I don't want to be choosing between two lurkers.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him; they/them

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:08 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 338, fireisredsir wrote:i think furtive can be town for being funny

he wasn't very funny as scum

maybe more that he seems relaxed here
Fine, I'll look into that. Though tbf even if I put
furtiveglance
in my PoE, deep down I think it would be wiser to eliminate a more obvious scum today.
Loki Dokie
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:08 am

Post by Loki Dokie »

In post 366, Roden wrote:
In post 205, Loki Dokie wrote:UNVOTE:

Trying to decide now on Roden or Vivax because Roden has never wrongly sr me and he was in Terminator so unlike Dann, he definitely knows who I am. Vivax’s 180 on me is hella weird as well,

@Roden tell me how I’m different here than in Terminator and if you know my main, your vote on me is even worse,
I don't remember much from Terminator but my vote isn't based on that. I know who's alt you are and my vote is more or less because of that, defensiveness is NAI for you but I know from another alt that AtE isn't. The post I quoted and voted you for gave me AtE vibes and I wanted to see how you'd react. Either you double down and scum tell or you go hard at your self meta and town tell. Though tbh this part is townier than your immediate reaction:

Realizing that I already know how to play around you as scum but not actually pursuing that is the kind of nuance I was looking for, more or less. You're more likely to avoid looking like your waffling as scum.
You have never seen my scumgame, so this is utter bs. You should have stuck with not knowing who I am sport. Major fos here.
Loki Dokie
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:09 am

Post by Loki Dokie »

VOTE: Roden
Loki Dokie
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:09 am

Post by Loki Dokie »

In post 394, Loki Dokie wrote:VOTE: Roden
Roden just straight up lied to my face.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:11 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 389, Roden wrote:
In post 387, furtiveglance wrote:

In post 54, Roden wrote:
In post 34, Roden wrote:
In post 29, Roden wrote:

Didn't claim that was your reason, I said you're trying to justify your scum read.

Unless I'm just wildly off base here, this reads as you downplaying how I played as scum in that game to better fit the narrative for why I'm getting scum read this game.
No, and I don't follow that argument. I said why I scumread you: filler logs which looked pockety.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:12 am

Post by Roden »

Despite the name, weren't a Jester in that game, but you were scum
Loki Dokie
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:12 am

Post by Loki Dokie »

In post 368, KittyTacky wrote:
In post 201, Dannflor wrote:Vivax almost seems... too scummy to be scum
People who seem too scummy to be scum are almost always just scum who played badly.
In post 369, KittyTacky wrote:I will repeat that the string of naked votes on Loki is just HMMMMMMM to me.
Kitty is usually mislimbait and Roden just pretty much scumclaimed.

Can we kill Roden please?
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:12 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 392, Greeting wrote:
In post 338, fireisredsir wrote:i think furtive can be town for being funny

he wasn't very funny as scum

maybe more that he seems relaxed here
Fine, I'll look into that. Though tbf even if I put
furtiveglance
in my PoE, deep down I think it would be wiser to eliminate a more obvious scum today.
Really weird comment. I don't agree with RR being 'obvious scum'.

Return to “Completed Open Games”