Goon
Lucian
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1600 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:44 pm

Post by Lucian »

I demonstrated the downsides. We're shooting blind in a pool of people we have no clue how to sort while letting a Mafia with a Nightkill get another shot off. It doesn't benefit us. You could argue it maybe doesn't screw us over due to us being at evens right now, but that's not that better when there's 2-3 confrimed Towns in the game.
In post 1583, Klick wrote:Whereas if we aim for SK today we might get cross kills or have 3 chances at voting our SK out.
How do we get 3 shots at voting the SK out. We get one Today. Assuming we miss, and both kills go off, and assuming both hit Town which is just what is likely (non-Infinity scum won't shoot Infinity, and Infinity is likely to miss even if they do aim for scum, which they won't but besides the point), that's 5 alive tomorrow. That's 2 elims period, both of which have to be correct and only one of which can be used on an SK.
I, too, have a destiny.
Lucian
Lucian
He/Him
Goon
Lucian
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1601 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:45 pm

Post by Lucian »

In post 1599, Klick wrote:no conftown dying at night
I'm sorry, in which universe does this ever happen.
I, too, have a destiny.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1602 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:46 pm

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

This ^^^
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1603 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:48 pm

Post by Klick »

In post 1600, Lucian wrote:and assuming both hit Town which is just what is likely (non-Infinity scum won't shoot Infinity, and Infinity is likely to miss even if they do aim for scum, which they won't but besides the point),
The convenient assumption you're making.

Infinity!scum shooting in our SK pool is a good thing. They also might hit scum. They're also incentivised to aim in the SK pool if they don't want to actively gamethrow.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1604 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:50 pm

How can scum!Infinity hit scum?
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Lucian
Lucian
He/Him
Goon
Lucian
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1605 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:50 pm

Post by Lucian »

In post 1603, Klick wrote:
In post 1600, Lucian wrote:and assuming both hit Town which is just what is likely (non-Infinity scum won't shoot Infinity, and Infinity is likely to miss even if they do aim for scum, which they won't but besides the point),
The convenient assumption you're making.

Infinity!scum shooting in our SK pool is a good thing. They also might hit scum. They're also incentivised to aim in the SK pool if they don't want to actively gamethrow.
You can't gamethrow if you've already lost. Infinity knows they're basically a dead person walking right now. I have zero willingness to have faith in them doing what is "optimal".
I, too, have a destiny.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1606 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:51 pm

Post by Klick »

In post 1601, Lucian wrote:
Infinity protects me. Aisa protects Hiraki. Conftown cannot die without confirming a scum to us.

Also you're conveniently ignoring that we could just... vote the SK today. Today counts as a shot at SK in this situation.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1607 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:51 pm

Post by Klick »

VOTE: Lucian
Lucian
Lucian
He/Him
Goon
Lucian
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1608 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:53 pm

Post by Lucian »

It's a convenient assumption, but is it wrong?

Infinity either hits Town (you can say it's a good thing all you want, but they'll probably kill the Towniest person in the pool), or they just no kill for the memes. Even IF they hit the SK, they're likely to be bulletproof.

Like, the only scenario in which we get a dead scum from this is if A) Infinity is SK, B) they against all odds hit a deepwolf in the pool, and C) they decide to shoot in the first place.

Them not killing / hitting a BP isn't helpfuil because we're back to evens then.
I, too, have a destiny.
Lucian
Lucian
He/Him
Goon
Lucian
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1609 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:56 pm

Post by Lucian »

In post 1606, Klick wrote:
Infinity protects me. Aisa protects Hiraki. Conftown cannot die without confirming a scum to us.

Also you're conveniently ignoring that we could just... vote the SK today. Today counts as a shot at SK in this situation.
I didn't ignore that, I specifically included that in my post.

I don't know why YOU are ignoring the reality that non-Infinity scum just smokes Aisa tonight and forces us to have to eliminate Infinity Tomorrow.
I, too, have a destiny.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1610 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:58 pm

Can someone tell me the letters for set up? Phone posting so can't look at it properly.

As I understand it though we would have to have at least DDDDMVxxx for the claims to be correct? DDDD seems hella unlikely
Lucian
Lucian
He/Him
Goon
Lucian
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1611 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:59 pm

Post by Lucian »

We're confirmed to be in DDVMxxx. We need to be in DDDDVMx for both Doc claims to be true. I calculated it as 2.7% chance for that.
I, too, have a destiny.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1612 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:00 pm

Only 1 kill from scum/SK each night is strange.

I wonder if scum have hit the BP on SK as opposed to doc protecting a kill? Aisa said she protected Lucian and CSF? I guess I could see Lucian being shot N1 but I don't see CSF being targeted N2
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her, they/them

Post Post #1613 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:01 pm

Post by Aisa »

I haven't read the latest mech arguments. Just popping in to say that while I think Klick's plan is good, we also have to keep in mind town morale. We have 24 hours left and even I am at the point where I don't feel like forcing people to effort if they don't want to.

I realise it's a bit rich of me to say this, idk, I've had a change of heart.

If
people want to effort, great, let's follow Klick's plan or keep discussing mechanics. I'd maybe look for SK in Gamma/CSF but it's not a strong read.

If people would rather just take it easy that is fine by me and let's just get Infinity out.
In post 1596, Klick wrote:I strongly advocate for voting BBT and Lucian in the next two day phases if Infinity flips Mafia and I'm dead.
In post 1597, Klick wrote:Particularly Lucian comes out of this conversation looking a lot worse than before. He's considered the plan but insists there's a downside that he doesn't want to demonstrate.
I don't know. Keep in mind Gamma has also checked in. She hasn't said no to your plan but also hasn't said yes, that can be a way of stalling in itself. They can't all be SK. "Let's just follow the plan we had in place" can be a helluva drug and that may be all that's going on here.
Lucian
Lucian
He/Him
Goon
Lucian
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1614 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:01 pm

Post by Lucian »

It's also ignoring the fact that we have a basically caught scum RIGHT NOW, and seeing who the final scum shoots will give us more info for SK hunting, which is basically a crap shot right now. But vote me for not agreeing with your plan, I guess.
I, too, have a destiny.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1615 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:01 pm

Post by Klick »

In post 1609, Lucian wrote:
In post 1606, Klick wrote:

I didn't ignore that, I specifically included that in my post.

I don't know why YOU are ignoring the reality that non-Infinity scum just smokes Aisa tonight and forces us to have to eliminate Infinity Tomorrow.
To 'have to' eliminate Infinity tomorrow instead of 'having to' do it today?

Infinity!scum is not confirmed, as much as you're either confbiased or really willing that to be true
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1616 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:02 pm

Gamma's play looks very SK-like if that's a thing? Kind of floating by in the game without doing much pushing or drawing too much attention?
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1617 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:02 pm

Infinity scum is extremely likely though
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1618 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:03 pm

As opposed to the 2.7% chance that they're actually a Doc.
Lucian
Lucian
He/Him
Goon
Lucian
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1619 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:03 pm

Post by Lucian »

I'm ignoring the possibility of them both being Town because in that case, fuck this game.

Look at how both Infinity and Aisa have been playing after their claims. Who strikes you as more likely to be scum there?
I, too, have a destiny.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1620 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:04 pm

Post by Klick »

I'm annoyed because I was right last time I argued something along these lines too but I also wasn't listened to because people just see likely scum and want to vote likely scum without thinking.

Whatever, I'm out with the kids and am going to stop devoting that time to this
Lucian
Lucian
He/Him
Goon
Lucian
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1621 (ISO) » Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:05 pm

Post by Lucian »

In post 1620, Klick wrote:without thinking
-_-
I, too, have a destiny.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #1622 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2022 2:52 am

Post by Klick »

In post 1600, Lucian wrote:I demonstrated the downsides. We're shooting blind in a pool of people we have no clue how to sort while letting a Mafia with a Nightkill get another shot off. It doesn't benefit us. You could argue it maybe doesn't screw us over due to us being at evens right now, but that's not that better when there's 2-3 confrimed Towns in the game.
In post 1583, Klick wrote:Whereas if we aim for SK today we might get cross kills or have 3 chances at voting our SK out.
How do we get 3 shots at voting the SK out. We get one Today. Assuming we miss, and both kills go off, and assuming both hit Town which is just what is likely (non-Infinity scum won't shoot Infinity, and Infinity is likely to miss even if they do aim for scum, which they won't but besides the point), that's 5 alive tomorrow. That's 2 elims period, both of which have to be correct and only one of which can be used on an SK.
I feel like the utility of one of our SK options being taken out for us by a NK is being ignored. Even if it is Infinity, they aren't just going to... shoot me anyway? That's ridiculous, no one is going to blatantly gamethrow and it's fairly insulting to suggest otherwise. They would shoot in the SK pool, or No Kill. Either of those are good outcomes. You keep saying that Infinity is 'not likely' to hit the SK, and that we're 'not likely' to hit it if we aim for it today, but like... that's true whenever we do it? What makes it a lot more likely that we eventually DO hit the SK is if we possibly give ourselves another shot at it. Which is a lot more likely than you want to pitch it as.

Furthermore, there is no downside to us aiming for an SK now compared to tomorrow. Even if we miss, Infinity!scum kills me, and SK kills Aisa!Doctor. That's no downside, we're in 3-1-1 with a confirmed scum. Which is exactly what would happen in the reverse order, if we voted Mafia now and then miselimed tomorrow. We'd be at MyLo instead of ELo, with no confirmed town alive.

And that's only worst-case. You don't know how scum are going to act. But at worst, they can make the situation exactly the same. There's a good chance it turns out better for us though.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1623 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2022 2:58 am

VOTE: Gamma
Lucian
Lucian
He/Him
Goon
Lucian
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1624 (ISO) » Sat Aug 06, 2022 3:03 am

Post by Lucian »

VOTE: Gamma