Bulbazoor
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2022 6:20 pm

Post by Bulbazoor »

I am going to read this whole thread and make some notes along the way.
Bulbazoor
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2022 6:20 pm

Post by Bulbazoor »

Whole thread as in the posts since my last post.
Bulbazoor
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:05 pm

Post by Bulbazoor »

In post 181, Juice wrote:Why do you see Fancy and Rad as town?

You're reasons given are just filler - and don't actually amount to answer. Saying you like questioning and prodding has nothing to do with alignment.

The fact that you have shown you can expand for other players - does questions motivations. Almost as if you might already know what one if not both of their alignments are.

You said you don't like Post 166 - but I would ask why? You don't actually explain what you don't like about it.

The post is filled with words - but nothing of any real use. Whats worse - is you've actually just unvoted and offered no suspect of who you think mafia is. You've suggested - that Bulba, Fancy, Rad are town.

And that Cat and Goldfish you aren't happy with. But you've written the least about both of them.

I'm not sure if scum are allowed to talk during the day - or only night period. But I do feel if there is a day chat - you might be being coached.
On a reread this post makes sense to me. I went through elemk's post (188) and it sounded a lot to me like an AI trying to do an impersonation of a list of thoughts rather than genuine thoughts.
In post 193, Spartan117 wrote:
In post 146, Bulbazoor wrote:
In post 143, Rad wrote:
In post 117, Bulbazoor wrote:What felt toothless about my post. If anything I was being a bit passive aggressive
Wait, that post had teeth? You were being passive aggressive? I read that as pure wink wink nudge nudge rvs.

Hmm
Well I did want to pressure you and at the same time I was annoyed that I was being voted as
I tend to have knee jerk reactions any time I am voted.
This feels like an excuse for any reaction that may come from being voted in the future, could be the first scum slip of the game? Hmm
I still do not see what the purpose of this line was. What were you trying to achieve by indicating that I "might have scumslipped"? It still seems like a big reach to make from that post.

Juice has a similar line (195). I went through elemk's posts and he indeed did not mention spartan prior to this. I am curious as to what that was all about? This is the difference between spartan and juice's assumptions of there being a slip.
FancyPants
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:08 pm

Post by FancyPants »

In post 273, GoldfishFromTheMoon wrote:
In post 265, Cat.Jpeg wrote:. It will tell you goldfish saying I am sus isn’t worth much
This is probably true. Sorry.
I'd still like to hear your meta analysis of Cat regardless of how useless you may think it is - i.e. why you think she might be playing scum this game.
Bulbazoor
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:15 pm

Post by Bulbazoor »

In post 180, Elemk wrote:
is interesting to me. I like his previous post because I agree with the logic he expresses. I don't like 128 because he alludes to some sort of "master plan" without actually expressing anything, the exact thing he then accuses bulba of doing? He states he is being "chaotic", which I see in his earlier posts, but they are RVS posts and isnt't that the whole point of the RVS stage? However, I again like the logic of the last sentence. Slight scum lean for me
I apologize to Elemk. He does indeed mention spartan here but not by name. Ignore my previous post.
AlwaysNever
AlwaysNever
Townie
AlwaysNever
Townie
Townie

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:21 pm

Post by AlwaysNever »

In post 261, FancyPants wrote:@AlwaysNever, OK I accept that for now.
Just to clarify my thoughts, I'm slightly concerned that your reasoning was coming from the knowledge that Spartan and Bulba are town.

In other words -> scum-AlwaysNever
knows
both Spartan and Bulba are town, and can therefore
know
that Spartan defending bulba (as opposed to jumping on him) is a town act. Whereas Town-AlwaysNever doesn't know either of their alignments, and can't draw a conclusion either way.

I accept your explanation for now. I'm keen to see where you vote and why.

As a general note I'm sorry for spamming the thread in general. I'm bored and hating work at the moment.
That's a very fair take on my reasoning, and if you have made that reasoning towards any other person, I would agree. Just not in case for me, because right now I have changed my mind regarding them both.

--

I'm sorry for the late posting of my gutread, I fell asleep in the middle of the writing it :facepalm: I'm just going to post what I had up until the point I went to sleep.

Amended gutreads, now individuals-based instead of paired-based:
Rad - I didn't like how his mind went when he sussed me out for basically asking about possible pairings, and specifically mentioning that this look like scum hunting masons. Looking at the possible rolelist for this game for the possible PR being rolled is something that I think scum would be thinking about right now so that they can be looking for a favorable NK. His mind going there immediately is either him slipping or him thinking so far ahead that not even I can follow him. He would have to be put on null-town for now because I'm uncertain of him now, but I know that he is still way better than the people I've put on null or scumread.
Spartan - As said on post 252, I would also have to put him down to null-town, since he perhaps has been acting helpful under the guise of being SE instead of helpful town as I thought previously. I do however am awaiting his tactics concocted with Rad that might improve my read on him.
Juice - After deepdiving Juice's ISO and sorting through the smack talk between them and FP, I have to say, it has been straight up townie looking, perhaps the towniest looking out of all people here. The reason why I am sure that Juice/Elemk is T/S, and not T/T, is because in the case of town!elemk, there is a chance scum!Juice is targetting Elmk during RVS, and it continues until RVS is over and they've been meticulous in ripping apart Elemk's posts. I'm inclined to believe that at that scenario, Juice is scum tunneling on Elemk. This statement of mine, however, might be amended even further later on depending on flips of others, and especially now that Elemk is being replaced. As for now, I fully believe Juice is town, and so they're my town reads.
FancyPants -
Bulba -
Bulbazoor
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:22 pm

Post by Bulbazoor »

Question for juice: What are your thoughts on the elemk slot now that I have just shown that he did mention spartan in a previous post? It kind of defeats your argument that it is possibly some sort of slip.
AlwaysNever
AlwaysNever
Townie
AlwaysNever
Townie
Townie

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:22 pm

Post by AlwaysNever »

it's kinda ironic that the last two post above my new one are from the people I haven't written any reads for yet :lol: I will get back to you both in about an hour or two
Bulbazoor
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:57 pm

Post by Bulbazoor »

Posts of interest:

: But up to this point I was not feeling very strongly about my read on spartan other than a gut read.

: Goldfish, how do we know that you not trying to bullshit any scumreads was not the result of you being busy and not having time to play? It did not really seem necessary to make this post.

: I am really curious as to who you will name and why. Go through my ISO and tell me your thoughts.

: If FP is scum, he is doing a really amazing job at sounding like a town. He put in the effort to fact-check a statement on meta. And what I have mentioned before (him moving the game past the RVS stage) and in general having a town tone. He is up there with juice for towniest tone.

For FP, as you stated in post , you do not like when people do not explain their reads after being asked about them. So, can you explain your townreads on everyone except the three you named in ? I am curious as to why you now tr me after having pressed me before?

: Interesting. I find it interesting how goldfish pointed out that cat is "probably not a PR". Goldfish, what led you to this read? I don't see anything indicating that she is not a PR.

: I see you are online now AlwaysNever. What in particular leads you to think "you are too scared to commit to anything" can only come from town!spartan? To me, scum!spartan can also use that as a way to prey on my indecisiveness at that point in the game.

: You say that he did not immediately pile on me. It seems to me like he did join a BW that had been building up at that point (Votecount post ). That seems like "piling on" to me.

: I do tend to read more individual-based as that is my preferred method. I actually liked rad more when he questioned your method of reading the game based on possible pairs. I agree that rad is a townlean so far. You and I both seem to be waiting for spartan and his "gameplay" he has planned. It seems like elemk is an implied scumlean for you.

Reads:

Townleans: Juice, FP
Slight townlean: Rad
Neutral: AlwaysNever, Cat, Elemk (after realizing that what I said in the post above was false information I have decided to wait for his replacement)
Very slight scumlean: Spartan, Goldfish
FancyPants
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:27 pm

Post by FancyPants »

@AlwaysNever, Why couldn't Juice be Town targeting Elemk town, I didn't understand what you meant? You mentioned you thought scum-juice could be tunneling Elemk but NOT why if Juice was town, Elemk wasn't.
Also if your opinions change it doesn't really matter to me you still have to justify why you
used
to have a certain opinion.

@Bulba just to clarify I'm not as bothered with people explaining their town reads: scum can correctly town read people for good reasons so it's less effective. I'm generally looking for fake scum hunting, in-congruent thought process related to scum reads, and bullshit in general.

I don't have a particularly strong town read on you but I like the way you responded to early pressure, some genuine frustration and thinking your attackers are baddies reads as a genuine town reaction to me. For what it's worth I like your post but it's not that alignment indicative, some good solid points and questions and I agree with your reads for the most part - you might be scum but if you are you're pretty good.

I'll explain individual town reads if you really want me to, but I don't see much value in that discussion.

I still really don't like Goldfish if I was a dayvig I'd elim her right now, no questions asked.

I'd like @Spartan to weigh in on Goldfish.
I'd also like Cat and Goldfish to properly weigh in on each other.
Bulbazoor
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:33 pm

Post by Bulbazoor »

I guess I am just curious as to your read on me in particular.
Bulbazoor
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:37 pm

Post by Bulbazoor »

It was because I hadn't really seen you discuss having a TR on me before so I was wondering what changed. I will wait for your read on elemk's replacement whenever that happens.
FancyPants
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:52 pm

Post by FancyPants »

In post 59, Bulbazoor wrote:
In post 59, Spartan117 wrote:
In post 53, Bulbazoor wrote:I am not getting town vibes from anyone but I lowkey like Rad so far
Spartan not so much
Whooooosssshhhhh

(Appeasement followed by a statement without any actual reasoning)

Zzoooooommm

VOTE: Bulbazoor
At this point it is feeling like a damned if I do, damned if I don't. Like I said, these are vibes and not fully fleshed out reads.
In post 74, Bulbazoor wrote:
I think it is stupid that I am getting pushed for a comment that is clearly being misconstrued
In post 77, Bulbazoor wrote:I meant I can never get a feel on anyone's alignment just based off of RVS and I usually don't know how to move the conversation forward so I just awkwardly wait for more content to roll in.
FancyPants wrote:Bulba - who's sus and why?
I like Rad so far. I usually look for town reads before I see anyone as sus. And he seems closest to what I would consider to having a town tone.

I don't know how to read Goldfish and her reaction to being voted. I will have to see what else she says.

I can see you trying to scumhunt but frankly I am annoyed at how you made me seem out to be like I didn't intend on scumhunting. I have also never played with you so I don't know what to make of you other than you have an aggressive style.

Spartan might have just omgused me for saying they were sus. And they said I appeased people when at some point I had to make a contribution regarding my vibes anyway. I don't like them so far.
In post 118, Bulbazoor wrote:At thus point all I can say about Spartan is he said me giving reads was appeasing which it wasn't because I will be outing reads either way in the future. And it came at a time where there was already a BW sort of building on me IIRC.

And all I have right now are gut reads. Nothing based on substance. It is strange to me how someone can already have so many reads when it is so early on and we have like seven days left.

And how am I supposed to explain something like a gut feeling (what I call a vibe)
?
All the bolded parts read as genuine frustration to me, it was tonal more than content driven. Fakable but it will do for now. I didn't particularly like your opening as you didn't take any strong stances, but I suppose not everyone is enough of an ego-maniac to think they have the game solved after 4 pages.

To elaborate a little on this; something similar happened with Juice - pressure was applied but instead of wilting/lurking or equivocating he got mad and paranoid.
Juice
Juice
xe, xem, xyrs
Goon
Juice
xe, xem, xyrs
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: xe, xem, xyrs

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:55 pm

Post by Juice »

didnt get mad/
didnt get paranoid - just asked for receipts.
and still not a he.
Juice
Juice
xe, xem, xyrs
Goon
Juice
xe, xem, xyrs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:55 pm

Post by Juice »

if Elmk has been replaced then this whole game is a clusterfuck for me now. what a waste of time
Juice
Juice
xe, xem, xyrs
Goon
Juice
xe, xem, xyrs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:57 pm

Post by Juice »

In post 281, Bulbazoor wrote:Question for juice: What are your thoughts on the elemk slot now that I have just shown that he did mention spartan in a previous post? It kind of defeats your argument that it is possibly some sort of slip.
i still don't think so - because not mention the name at all previous is still a weird angle. it still suggest that the might have brought up Spartan's name in a mafia chat and so was too comfortable in quoting them.

Town generally doesn't feel the need to be cryptic so the rest of the village understands.
FancyPants
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:07 pm

Post by FancyPants »

In post 288, Juice wrote:didnt get mad/
didnt get paranoid - just asked for receipts.
and still not a he.
Very sorry, I'll try to remember.
GoldfishFromTheMoon
GoldfishFromTheMoon
She/He/They/Xe
Goon
GoldfishFromTheMoon
She/He/They/Xe
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/He/They/Xe

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:12 pm

Post by GoldfishFromTheMoon »

In post 274, GoldfishFromTheMoon wrote:
In post 242, FancyPants wrote:Also if you don't mind can you ISO Spartan and tell me what you think?
Yes, I'll do that now. Expect to hear back in a few hours-ish.
Edit: I'm sorry i really don't have time to do this properly rn. From what I've seen the iso looks good, when I have time I'll go through and give comments on individual posts.

I think the elmek slot is scum.
Always assume I am phone-posting

I have a gtkas
Juice
Juice
xe, xem, xyrs
Goon
Juice
xe, xem, xyrs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:34 pm

Post by Juice »

The repp - shoulld be prepared to get voted off today.
FancyPants
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:27 am

Post by FancyPants »

In post 292, GoldfishFromTheMoon wrote:
In post 274, GoldfishFromTheMoon wrote:
In post 242, FancyPants wrote:Also if you don't mind can you ISO Spartan and tell me what you think?
Yes, I'll do that now. Expect to hear back in a few hours-ish.
Edit: I'm sorry i really don't have time to do this properly rn. From what I've seen the iso looks good, when I have time I'll go through and give comments on individual posts.

I think the elmek slot is scum.
Reason why Elmk is scum?
Rad
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:03 am

Post by Rad »

In post 288, Juice wrote:and still not a he
If being misgendered bothers you, can you set them in your profile please? I'm like guaranteed to mess it up if they're not set.
Rad
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:06 am

Post by Rad »

In post 280, AlwaysNever wrote:Amended gutreads, now individuals-based instead of paired-based:
Rad - I didn't like how his mind went when he sussed me out for basically asking about possible pairings, and specifically mentioning that this look like scum hunting masons.
So you agree with my suggestion enough to start listing your reads as individuals instead of pairs, but believe it was scummy (and maybe even a scum slip!?) that I even suggested it in the first place?

What?
Rad
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2022 3:26 am

Post by Rad »

In post 289, Juice wrote:if Elmk has been replaced then this whole game is a clusterfuck for me now. what a waste of time
Can you explain what you mean here? Why would it be a waste of time when elemk gets replaced and why is it now a clusterfuck?
Juice
Juice
xe, xem, xyrs
Goon
Juice
xe, xem, xyrs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:05 am

Post by Juice »

if my main scumread is being repped out - it basically takes me back to square one. Because a new player, shouldn't really be judged for reads given out from just Day one.
Rad
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:47 am

Post by Rad »

In post 293, Juice wrote:The repp - shoulld be prepared to get voted off today.
In post 298, Juice wrote:if my main scumread is being repped out - it basically takes me back to square one. Because a new player, shouldn't really be judged for reads given out from just Day one.
Which one is it? The slot should be voted out or it's not fair for them to be judged?

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”