She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #2500 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:37 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 2498, Vivax wrote:
In post 2497, Crescent wrote:
In post 2473, Frogsterking wrote:I think that what happened here is that you lost confidence in your ability to read the game. I think Greeting played really well up to this point and then started playing poorly and it surprised you and you second guessed yourself.
Also this is possible. For a while there I was completely thrown off by the massive swing in his play and became focused on trying to read why it was even a thing to begin with. Like, the point Owen made on Prince today only required like 4 minutes of research to corroborate. There was definitely a section of day 3 where I was blind spotting parts of the game.

Honestly what I really need right now like.. 3 weeks just not playing mafia though.
This is my 5th game in 3 months. On another note, I've been alive going to day 6 in.. One game, ever, and it was like 6 1/2 years ago. It ended day 10!
This is very much a mood. Can't be on insane output amounts 100% of the time. Or god beware just make right guesses, how is one supposed to be able to roll red like that?
Facts about mafia: You're wrong a lot more often than you're right. You often circle around the truth and it's rarely easy even when it feels like it is. Once you start playing afraid to be wrong, you've pretty much already lost. You also need to balance out your time, which is why you can't rush days like this in an hour, but can't let them last too long, either

Anyways what's funny about that comparison I just made is you and Gera were both there in 2273 and I want to see if it's giving you the same vibes as day 3 Corwin.
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2501 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:27 am

Post by UNOwen »

I didn't pay enough attention to compare Enchant to Corwin, but I'm sure if I looked through my past games I'd find times where townies would claim to scum read another player out of defiance rather than a real suspicion. Enchant doesn't look like he's actually trying to sell a case.
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2502 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:35 am

Post by UNOwen »

In post 2434, Prince of Paterson wrote:Okay, having read Crescent's post, I mostly agree with the conclusions. I think there's not really any way from my perspective that Mala isn't scum. I think that Enchant is most likely the partner. Mala obviously should be flipped first. If it isn't Enchant, we'll be at 5p with 1 scum remaining. I think flipping Vivax and Firebringer/Frogsterking wins the game in that situation.

If somehow Mala is town, she should claim her result now, and it makes it possible that Owen is scum. I strongly doubt that to be the case, however.
It's suspicious to me that Prince already has an idea for what to do if it gets to a 3 player endgame. Especially that he wouldn't be worried about geraintm at that point.

I townread geraintm too, but if this game is still ongoing when there are even five players left and I'm still alive I'd definitely want to reevaluate to make sure on that read.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2503 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:46 am

Post by Crescent »

So I was sitting there at lunch and something just dawned on me.

Enchant is calling Mala and I scum.. So why is he voting Prince?
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2504 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:50 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 2502, UNOwen wrote:
In post 2434, Prince of Paterson wrote:Okay, having read Crescent's post, I mostly agree with the conclusions. I think there's not really any way from my perspective that Mala isn't scum. I think that Enchant is most likely the partner. Mala obviously should be flipped first. If it isn't Enchant, we'll be at 5p with 1 scum remaining. I think flipping Vivax and Firebringer/Frogsterking wins the game in that situation.

If somehow Mala is town, she should claim her result now, and it makes it possible that Owen is scum. I strongly doubt that to be the case, however.
It's suspicious to me that Prince already has an idea for what to do if it gets to a 3 player endgame. Especially that he wouldn't be worried about geraintm at that point.

I townread geraintm too, but if this game is still ongoing when there are even five players left and I'm still alive I'd definitely want to reevaluate to make sure on that read.
I've already thought about wtf to do if I find myself in various F3 scenarios but that's just how I am. It is kinda interesting that he seems to be assuming what F5/F3 would look like.
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #2505 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:03 am

Post by Vivax »

In post 2500, Crescent wrote:
In post 2498, Vivax wrote:
In post 2497, Crescent wrote:
In post 2473, Frogsterking wrote:I think that what happened here is that you lost confidence in your ability to read the game. I think Greeting played really well up to this point and then started playing poorly and it surprised you and you second guessed yourself.
Also this is possible. For a while there I was completely thrown off by the massive swing in his play and became focused on trying to read why it was even a thing to begin with. Like, the point Owen made on Prince today only required like 4 minutes of research to corroborate. There was definitely a section of day 3 where I was blind spotting parts of the game.

Honestly what I really need right now like.. 3 weeks just not playing mafia though.
This is my 5th game in 3 months. On another note, I've been alive going to day 6 in.. One game, ever, and it was like 6 1/2 years ago. It ended day 10!
This is very much a mood. Can't be on insane output amounts 100% of the time. Or god beware just make right guesses, how is one supposed to be able to roll red like that?
Facts about mafia: You're wrong a lot more often than you're right. You often circle around the truth and it's rarely easy even when it feels like it is. Once you start playing afraid to be wrong, you've pretty much already lost. You also need to balance out your time, which is why you can't rush days like this in an hour, but can't let them last too long, either

Anyways what's funny about that comparison I just made is you and Gera were both there in 2273 and I want to see if it's giving you the same vibes as day 3 Corwin.
I don't know what's with Gera, it's not the same vibes. Gera as mafia was more present and tried harder to look solvy. Here he's a lurker who's holding himself back. But he has good arguments for absense with the birthdays. On another note, tomorrow I'll be out grilling for a friends b-day.
In post 2503, Crescent wrote:So I was sitting there at lunch and something just dawned on me.

Yeah, figured that too. Since the association is strong anyway, we should be limming here first.

VOTE: Enchant
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2506 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:04 am

Post by Vivax »

And even town needs to be wrong more often than not for purely strategic polarity reasons. You can't be a constantly kickass town and then not just roll over and die when mafia. But at least try to make it memorable when you're wrong, drive a few out of their skins and the like.
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2507 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:09 am

Post by Enchant »

Vivax really trying for best village idiot award.
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2508 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:10 am

Post by Enchant »

In post 2503, Crescent wrote:So I was sitting there at lunch and something just dawned on me.

Because no one will vote you.
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2509 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:23 am

Post by Vivax »

In post 2508, Enchant wrote:

Because no one will vote you.
Do you know how long this game can go on?
If Mala gets yeeted and someone gets to 2-1 LYLO, what happens?

Why are you so grumpy?
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2510 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:26 am

Post by Enchant »

I can do it forever.

You?
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2511 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:34 am

Post by Vivax »

In post 2510, Enchant wrote:I can do it forever.

You?
Most definitely not, but maybe you made the assumption I was looking for eternity. I've briefly essayed why I'm opposed to that in a blog once.

VOTE: Malakittens
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2512 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:39 am

Post by Enchant »

I tell you, Mala most likely WILL flip Mafia.

We still lose from it.
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2513 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:42 am

Post by Vivax »

In post 2512, Enchant wrote:I tell you, Mala most likely WILL flip Mafia.

We still lose from it.
Hmmm. This game wasn't designed by a dog person.

VOTE: PrinceofPaterson
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2514 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:44 am

Post by Enchant »

Do you follow any logic at all.

I can't catch on it.
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2515 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:48 am

Post by Vivax »

In post 2514, Enchant wrote:Do you follow any logic at all.

I can't catch on it.
Yeah do I follow logic being the village idiot? Clearly not the same type of other ones, I prefer the weird logic that takes you to funny places, but at least I have fun.
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2516 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:52 am

Post by Enchant »

Cool, same here
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2517 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:09 am

Post by Lowell »

No but seriously are we mass claiming or not?
UNOwen
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
UNOwen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2518 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:38 am

Post by UNOwen »

Crescent's claimed VT, so geraintm is next.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2519 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:51 am

Post by Malakittens »

We still lose from it.
NO
IM
FLIPPING TOWN
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2520 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:52 am

Post by Malakittens »

In post 2517, Lowell wrote:No but seriously are we mass claiming or not?
I thought we did?!?!?
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2521 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:56 am

Post by Enchant »

In post 2519, Malakittens wrote:

We still lose from it.
NO
IM
FLIPPING TOWN
Why you even copped me by the way
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2522 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:10 am

Post by Lowell »

In post 2520, Malakittens wrote:
In post 2517, Lowell wrote:No but seriously are we mass claiming or not?
I thought we did?!?!?
Did we? What did prince claim?
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2523 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:11 am

Post by Vivax »

So if we recapitulate and it's not MK and Enchant, there's not really a reason not to vote PoP

Question is who the last is between Cres/Owen/Lowell then. Writing off Cres, because mindgames. Owen/Lowell are a tricky duo. But Lowell has been looking scummier, so probably PoP + UNO?
Prince of Paterson
Prince of Paterson
he/him
Goon
Prince of Paterson
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2524 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:19 am

Post by Prince of Paterson »

In post 2523, Vivax wrote:So if we recapitulate and it's not MK and Enchant, there's not really a reason not to vote PoP

Question is who the last is between Cres/Owen/Lowell then. Writing off Cres, because mindgames. Owen/Lowell are a tricky duo. But Lowell has been looking scummier, so probably PoP + UNO?
Or Mala is just scum. How has anything that she's done today so far made you think otherwise?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”