Newbie 2099 | GTA San Andreas | Endgame

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
FancyPants
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:38 am

Post by FancyPants »

In post 399, Rad wrote:
In post 397, FancyPants wrote:Hi BBt

I need Goldfish to weigh in before I can really continue with this game.
I get that we were at a standstill with goldfish at E-1 and no response but bbt's entry is new content. So let's continue? Any new thoughts on elemk slot?
BBT's entrance is pretty good, with sensible commentary. I'm not blown away, I'd be interested to see who he think's is scum at the end of it which is what really matters to me.

I'm not the one who thought that slot was scummy though, I never did get much explanation as to why and I've given up asking.

It's frustrating that Goldfish isn't around - I have a feeling she's going to forces some poor rep to replace into her doomed scum slot, which isn't cool.

Also still waiting to here AlwaysNever, I asked him a question but he hasn't posted since.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:54 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

In post 394, Bulbazoor wrote:That post was more of me giving some slight townpoints to Rad than any sort of omgus.
Except you said he had a valid point which at the very least implies you agreed with the questioning of your 'town read.'
In post 395, Rad wrote: My problem with this is if you're town, you basically get some free town perspective reads from your slot's previous owner. I would absolutely take that into account. You disagree?

Also yoooo bbt replacement, I love it, and of course he comes out swinging too :mrgreen: this is like copy paste nai bbt entrance with regards to style. Will start to consider the actual content though. You caught up yet bbt or still working through those last 6 pages?
Are you saying town's reads are infallible? I don't care what my predecessor said or did, it has no bearing on my play or my reads this game.

I still have the last 6 pages to read, wanted to try and get some real-time interactions in if I could.
In post 396, Bulbazoor wrote:More like he tried to incorrectly paint me as omgusing lmao.
No, just because you OMGUS'ed indirectly it doesn't mean it wasn't OMGUS. I would argue that it's actually scummier to do it this way as opposed to outright scum reading someone for scum reading you.
In post 397, FancyPants wrote:Hi BBt

I need Goldfish to weigh in before I can really continue with this game.
Yo Fancy, I said a lot about you and you've had no response. What's with that?
In post 398, Rad wrote:Bbt thoughts on goldfish? She is at E-1. Me and juice wanted to flip your slot but fancy has been reading it town. I guess I should just let you catch up but I'm curious to get some more thoughts here. Spartan has claimed intent to hammer which may still be in effect but goldfish is nowhere to be found.
I haven't liked Goldfish's posting from what I have seen so far. However, the fact there is no counter wagon whatsoever rings serious alarm bells. This is diluted slightly by Goldfish not being active, but meh, one wagon never looks good.

Nobody is hammering Goldfish before they get a chance to come in thread and respond. Least of all Spartan!
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Bulbazoor
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:55 am

Post by Bulbazoor »

Yes. I did agree because I wanted to hear what juice wanted to say about it.
Bulbazoor
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:57 am

Post by Bulbazoor »

Notice how I never scumread juice. He is actually a townread of mine atm. So this whole "you wanted to paint a target on juice implicitly" is moot.
FancyPants
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:59 am

Post by FancyPants »

@BBT if you have specific questions, feel free to ask although don't have all that much time today as I'm going out for drinks.

There is only one wagon because noone in this game votes. It's extremely irritating. Getting scum reads is like pulling teeth.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:07 am

I probably don't have anything current as I still have the last 6 pages to read, are you not concerned with the current game state?

Also, from what I can see, there are a few low posters. Couple of things for this; it's very easy for scum to hide in the lurkers and not contribute much. On the flip side, it's also very easy for scum to control the gamestate (looking at you or Rad!)
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Spartan117
Spartan117
Mafia Scum
Spartan117
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:28 am

Post by Spartan117 »

In post 401, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Nobody is hammering Goldfish before they get a chance to come in thread and respond. Least of all Spartan!
Goldfish has had plenty of chance to respond its been days without anything. And why would I not be able to hammer? You've subbed into the game giving orders, are we just getting a repeat of last game...
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:37 am

If it's been days then he will get replaced and the person who replaces in will get a chance to respond.

You're not hammering because I don't like your play so far this game. In fact, someone should probably unvote to give the slot time and ensure no hammer.

Do you want a repeat of last game? The downside this time is that I can't kill you so just have to go for the elim
FancyPants
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:48 am

Post by FancyPants »

I agree she should get a chance to clam but I'm absolutely satisfied with the game state, Goldfish is our best bet, I've been the main advocate for the lynch so of course I'm satisfied with it.

Even if you think Spartan is scum him claiming intent to hammer doesn't mean we've made a mistake, and we should reverse course. He could very easily be a scum that wants to be on his buddies wagon.

If you have another candidate in mind BBT I'm happy to argue with you.
Before you arrived the only other person in danger of being lynched was your slot.

I Think you have a slight tendency to get paranoid when things look to easy, in the game we played together you shouldn't similar paranoia about the Loftwing wagon but that turned out to be scum. I'm not saying these games ARE equivalent - but sometimes the easy wagon is also the right one.
Bulbazoor
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:52 am

Post by Bulbazoor »

BBT I would really like to hear your updated thoughts on the game.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:53 am

That doesn't worry you?

I still haven't read the last 6 pages but I think it's safe to assume that there has been little to no attempt to push a counter wagon to Goldfish. If Goldfish is scum, why hasn't their partner attempted to save them?

Were they so bad that their buddy decided to throw them under the bus? I'm not sure, odds of scum winning after a D1 elim on them, especially in a micro set-up, are ridiculously low.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:53 am

In post 409, Bulbazoor wrote:BBT I would really like to hear your updated thoughts on the game.
How about no?
Bulbazoor
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:54 am

Post by Bulbazoor »

Well you promised you would go through the last six pages so I expect you will anyway.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:55 am

I sure will.

Are you voting Goldfish solely from Fancy's case?
Bulbazoor
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:58 am

Post by Bulbazoor »

The main thing was the quickly disproven meta and also the line about cat not being a PR. I am highly suspicious of that slot atm. And the line about explaining what they would do as scum didn't feel necessary at that time.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:00 am

OK, but you didn't comment on any of these at the time, unless I am mistaken?

So just Fancy's case then?
Bulbazoor
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:05 am

Post by Bulbazoor »

I think you aren't caught up enough
Juice
Juice
xe, xem, xyrs
Goon
Juice
xe, xem, xyrs
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: xe, xem, xyrs

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:08 am

Post by Juice »

UNVOTE: VOTE: FancyPants I don't see BBT and FP being aligned in any sort of way - anymore, but FP looking lowkey scum with this rep in.
FancyPants
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:08 am

Post by FancyPants »

It would be pretty risky for the final scum to come to goldfish's defense at this stage. Besides maybe they are. I'm not necessarily accusing you, but I do think it's possible the scum buddy is another lurker like Cat or someone who's looking for credit or even you. Ive lynched scum on day 1 a few times in newbies and I can't ever recall their scum buddies attempting to mount a valiant defense I can post examples with time but I'm on my phone at the moment so not tonight.
FancyPants
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:10 am

Post by FancyPants »

In post 417, Juice wrote:UNVOTE: VOTE: FancyPants I don't see BBT and FP being aligned in any sort of way - anymore, but FP looking lowkey scum with this rep in.
:roll:
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:11 am

Umm, how have you ruled out TvT Juice?
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:12 am

In post 418, FancyPants wrote:It would be pretty risky for the final scum to come to goldfish's defense at this stage. Besides maybe they are. I'm not necessarily accusing you, but I do think it's possible the scum buddy is another lurker like Cat or someone who's looking for credit or even you. Ive lynched scum on day 1 a few times in newbies and I can't ever recall their scum buddies attempting to mount a valiant defense I can post examples with time but I'm on my phone at the moment so not tonight.
I agree, at
this
stage. The wagon had to start forming at some point though and there is clearly no counter from the VC. So their buddy just left them to die?

I see your point regarding lurkers though and said lurkers certainly not having the thread presence to dissuade a wagon on their buddy. We do seem to have a few lurkers, too. Meh, I'll concede that point.
Juice
Juice
xe, xem, xyrs
Goon
Juice
xe, xem, xyrs
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: xe, xem, xyrs

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:13 am

Post by Juice »

In post 420, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Umm, how have you ruled out TvT Juice?
with 7vs2 - i dont see the point in ruling out TvT at this stage in the game.

If Elmk was town - then I see no way in FP being town also.

And you are flipping my read on the slot - and Goldie is AFk and i expect will be another sub
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:14 am

Can you elboborate a little more on why Fancy and myself cannot be town/town?
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:14 am

Elaborate. Ffs.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”