Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #975 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:14 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

tbh I've been surprised at how townread I've been this game, I don't think I've been Especially Townie

I'm rereading kutis ISO and it's pretty not-townie. I do think they vibe differently from the game I just played with them, Is This Thing Loaded.

I just have a hard time thinking this is the best possible match-up for a mafia team with mafia kuti
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #976 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:23 pm

Post by Vivax »

In post 975, GuiltyLion wrote:tbh I've been surprised at how townread I've been this game, I don't think I've been Especially Townie

I'm rereading kutis ISO and it's pretty not-townie. I do think they vibe differently from the game I just played with them, Is This Thing Loaded.

I just have a hard time thinking this is the best possible match-up for a mafia team with mafia kuti
You play very much like your avatar. Pensive. A juggler. I find it really hard to confidently discern your alignment without flips. I'm the opposite, I take a jab at almost everyone usually. That makes it hard for me to play as mafia properly.
In post 975, GuiltyLion wrote:tbh I've been surprised at how townread I've been this game, I don't think I've been Especially Townie

Can't necessarily disagree (sorry to who reads) with that
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #977 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:34 pm

Post by Aristeia »

um wow
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #978 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:36 pm

Post by Aristeia »

I am off vacation next week and will have time to reread pls dont speedvote anyone ty
Vulture
Vulture
Any
Goon
Vulture
Any
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #979 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:58 pm

Post by Vulture »

God I'm so cool, replacing in, nailing mafia, and then boom.
Vulture
Vulture
Any
Goon
Vulture
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #980 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:04 pm

Post by Vulture »

In post 750, Datisi wrote:
vote count 1.09

with 13 votes in play, it takes 7 to make a decision. day 1 ends in (expired on 2022-08-11 09:45:00).

yeet
KittyTacky [3]:
Bell, Aristeia, GuiltyLion
Vivax [3]:
Loki Dokie, Radical Rat, furtiveglance
furtiveglance [2]:
Roden, Greeting
Greeting [1]:
KittyTacky
Radical Rat [1]:
Vivax
kutiplz [1]:
fireisredsir

not voting [2]:
kutiplz, Dannflor

mod notes~ this is a mod note.
In post 753, kutiplz wrote:Town ish vibes:

GuiltyLion: my first tr of the game, very much like they were in our previous games, just overall a gut and soul read
Loki: feeling good about this slot, their solving is logical (like how they are doing it in the thread), I like the effort to look into Vivax old game. In p#602
Greetign: weakest of the three, I feel like her emotions have been genuine. Dunno how to feel about the buddying
Kitty: weakest of them all, a town lean, their tone is genuine and maybe im weak to it.

Scummy vibes:
Dann: I feel like they kinda fell off since the beginning (I know I'm being a hypocrite)
Ari: I dunno how to feel about them trying to buddy everyone and her post have been agenda driven
Vivax: his tone and what not is not what I'm used to. He doesn't feel towny because he's missing his trademark tinfoil. I am sus of him
VOTE: vivax
In post 755, Dannflor wrote:I don't really scum read Kuti

VOTE: Bell

Bell I feel like I know nothing about what you think about anyone
This sequence feels weird, from Dann I -think-. Why talk about Kuti at all after hat vote. Why uh. Ignore the two wagons, why not engage this person who you townread about a vote and read you disagree with at this point.
Vulture
Vulture
Any
Goon
Vulture
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #981 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:05 pm

Post by Vulture »

In post 707, Dannflor wrote:If KittyTacky is scum here then I would suspect they are being actively sacrificed by scum.
And like this is Dann's only post that's vaguely related to sorting Kitty (going off of name-searching in iso, correct if wrong). This post doesn't come across as actually caring about what KittyTacky is or isn't or trying to really figure it out.
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #982 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:06 pm

Post by Vivax »

In post 979, Vulture wrote:God I'm so cool, replacing in, nailing mafia, and then boom.
Suppose one can adapt to play to withhold more.
Or sometimes drift off into other matters and leave hints.

Who are you anyway
Vulture
Vulture
Any
Goon
Vulture
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #983 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:08 pm

Post by Vulture »

In post 76, Dannflor wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 55, kutiplz wrote:We are currently in rvs so nothing is pinging me as awkward or stiff in an uncomfortable mafia way yet.

How do I share photos
In post 60, kutiplz wrote:Furtive glance and anyone else,

Want to share your old games so I can get a feel of how you play as either alignments

:curtain:
In post 66, kutiplz wrote:
In post 64, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 62, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 46, fireisredsir wrote:idk what the optimal way to play it is but i just know that town!you would be thinking about it
wouldn't scum!Ari be thinking about how town!Ari would play and how town!Ari would think about it? I don't think this is a town indicative thing
shhhh im letting her pocket me

i think its slightly town indicative. i don't think that ari's main priority as scum is to match how she'd play as town, and i don't think most people would really would have that reaction or that she would expect them to. so if it was performative it was a very directed performance
Why are you trying to pocket her
In post 67, kutiplz wrote:
In post 63, Radical Rat wrote:
In post 40, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 38, Dannflor wrote:they seem to be somewhat tongue-in-cheek

but the random town reads from Aristeia make me uneasy, especially in this setup
this sounds like a post made by someone who feels obligated to start posting real content but doesn't really have much to say yet

Code: Select all

Do you believe this is due to AI programming, or a simple human instinct?
Is this going to be a game long gimmick

I'm going to be honest none of these posts or the bolded questions inside of them really feel like genuine thoughts to me. Or rather, they are very surface level questions pushed out so that you have something to say

I'm not really getting the sense you actually want the answers to any of these questions nor that you hope some productivity will spark out of them. I might be being unfair if this is a strategy you've relied on in the past but the first one especially pings me because it strikes me as highly unlikely that anyone would be able to get reasonable value out of trawling through past games of a bunch of players they are unfamiliar with
as the very first step
to getting to know them. It seems like a way to seem productive but actually avoid having to prod people about this game. Instead it would seem more natural to me if you were prodding people about this game.

granted, you are doing that too... sorta. but "how to post photos" and the "is this going to be a game long gimmick" are both questions that like don't really require an answer, or I'm not sure what value you're hoping to gain by posting them in thread

i also find the part of the fireisred's post that you latched onto like the least interesting part because it seems clearly jokey

Yes we are in RVS and you claim nothing has been pinging you as off - but that means I expect your following questions to be trying to prod people that you think are off or just trying to get people out of their comfort zone, but I feel like I'm seeing more just posts to fill space

pedit:
it is very possible your playstyle is more fluffy here and I am misreading you based off that. how would you describe how you're trying to play this early game?
So like, is this just.

Wifom from wolf!kuti who pitted herself up against someone who was already picking at her that early or like, a wolf!Dann who has set up the groundwork to push out kuti who doesn't have as much going for her.
Vulture
Vulture
Any
Goon
Vulture
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #984 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:09 pm

Post by Vulture »

In post 92, Dannflor wrote:meh, okay. I'm not going to lie and say I have any more stronger impressions than you do.

I apologize if I came off as somewhat abrasive but you're a newer player (I think?) and I was hoping you might panic a little bit if I laid it on somewhat thick. and I think it's ever so mildly towny that you didn't just start making up reads on people because I put some pressure on you

I think I'm still most scared of Aristeia for handing out free town reads to Kutiplz and GL
Nose wrinkle.
Vulture
Vulture
Any
Goon
Vulture
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #985 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:11 pm

Post by Vulture »

In post 753, kutiplz wrote:Town ish vibes:

GuiltyLion: my first tr of the game, very much like they were in our previous games, just overall a gut and soul read
Loki: feeling good about this slot, their solving is logical (like how they are doing it in the thread), I like the effort to look into Vivax old game. In p#602
Greetign: weakest of the three, I feel like her emotions have been genuine. Dunno how to feel about the buddying
Kitty: weakest of them all, a town lean, their tone is genuine and maybe im weak to it.

Scummy vibes:
Dann: I feel like they kinda fell off since the beginning (I know I'm being a hypocrite)
Ari: I dunno how to feel about them trying to buddy everyone and her post have been agenda driven
Vivax: his tone and what not is not what I'm used to. He doesn't feel towny because he's missing his trademark tinfoil. I am sus of him
VOTE: vivax
Don't remember if I said it when I quoted this post a few but I don't really like this townread on Kitty much. I don't know. None of these reads really feel Good, I guess. Nurtured.

OTOH I see stuff like "weakest of the three" into "weakest of them all" and wonder does a wolf really not notice little things like that and prune it to make it feel like... better, or ist hat just a me thing lol.
Vulture
Vulture
Any
Goon
Vulture
Any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #986 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:11 pm

Post by Vulture »

Hedging achieved, will return l8r.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #987 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:30 pm

Post by Roden »

I...don't know why I'm alive. That was one of my worst Day 1's in awhile, I expected to get thrown in the pit for an easy scum point.

I understand Kitty flipped red but I genuinely don't know why he got flipped at all. Every time I've seem scum!Kitty, he fights hard to live and gets hard protected by his allies, with all the pressure on him and no real defense I thought he was just town LHF again. There's no way he wasn't bussed, because I still don't think he did anything particularly scummy for people to want him out as badly as everyone did.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #988 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:33 pm

Post by Roden »

Kuti vs Dann is also just ???

Unless scum are desperate to tie up the score, I don't see how Dann is ever scum here
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #989 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:09 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

Roden, if you're town and Dann is never scum here, why do you think mafia put mafia!kuti against town!Dann instead of you
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #990 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:32 pm

Post by Radical Rat »

In post 946, Datisi wrote:
Dannflor and kutiplz are found unconscious. a gun with one bullet lies in between the two of them.

it is now day 2.
What if we just like. Squeezed 'em real close together and got 'em both?

(Reading now, will post serious soon)
Maybe the real Mafia was the friends we made along the way

Shiny and new GTKAS thread!
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #991 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:49 pm

Post by Radical Rat »

So. I'll need to go back and re-read D1, or at least some of it. But my initial thoughts are:

Dann was widely townread, though not universally. Kuti I don't remember seeing many reads on at all, and I know I hadn't formed a strong opinion yet.

This COULD be WIFOM where they picked the Towniest AI to bait us into going kuti. OR it could be that they saw Dann as a threat that needed to be removed.

Right now, I'm leaning toward the latter. For one, I have a hard time believing scum couldn't have picked a worse looking Townie than Kuti, or a better looking scum than Dann. I also think that scum would benefit more from having a widely townread member alive than sacrificed for WIFOM, especially now that they're at a greater numerical disadvantage.

So basically, everything is actually exactly as it seems, and the WIFOM is just the cloak that lets them potentially get away with being so blatant.
Maybe the real Mafia was the friends we made along the way

Shiny and new GTKAS thread!
Loki Dokie
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #992 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:02 pm

Post by Loki Dokie »

Dann is a very strong player irrespective of alignment. I doubt very much scum would kill him here unless he’s town.

We obviously shouldn’t rush this but Dann might have possibly been killed for his reads and scum is probably fine with sacrificing Kuti to get rid of him.

Not 100% wedded to this but I think if scum wanted to wifom us with this, they probably leave scum!Dann for later.
Loki Dokie
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #993 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:06 pm

Post by Loki Dokie »

In post 981, Vulture wrote:
In post 707, Dannflor wrote:If KittyTacky is scum here then I would suspect they are being actively sacrificed by scum.
And like this is Dann's only post that's vaguely related to sorting Kitty (going off of name-searching in iso, correct if wrong). This post doesn't come across as actually caring about what KittyTacky is or isn't or trying to really figure it out.
Hard disagree with this. Some scum had to have bussed for towncred. The actual number though is anybody’s guess.
Loki Dokie
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #994 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:11 pm

Post by Loki Dokie »

In post 992, Loki Dokie wrote:Dann is a very strong player irrespective of alignment. I doubt very much scum would kill him here unless he’s town.

We obviously shouldn’t rush this but Dann might have possibly been killed for his reads and scum is probably fine with sacrificing Kuti to get rid of him.

Not 100% wedded to this but I think if scum wanted to wifom us with this, they probably leave scum!Dann for later.

I consider myself to pretty much be a near genius at translating wifom. If this happened later in the game, it might possibly point to Dann being mafia but a widely tr scum being sacrificed n1, just no.

It makes no sense for scum to kill Dann n1 if scum. Why would they when scum!Dann could just very easily carry the game and wifom town into losing?
Loki Dokie
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #995 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:22 pm

Post by Loki Dokie »

Subject: Micro 1058: Is This Thing Loaded? -- Game Over!
kutiplz wrote:OK I'm rereading the game and I don't want to put out a half ass reads list because like there's barely any content that AI related.

I just feel like these group of people are giving me townie vibes:

Dunn ( I have explained)
Alex ( I like their push on me and other players, they have a solvey vibe)

Not great vibes
Ph0neix (their defense over my tr on Dunn made no sense)
GuiltyLion (feels like they are trying to pocket me, not good vibes)
Bambi (that fake derp slip)

Everyone else: null.

I would have expanded but like there's barely any content. I'm sorry if wrong.
Look Kuti actually bothered to make a reads list in their towngame.
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #996 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:26 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

well they did make a readlist here in . i do think they were overall lacking in content compared to their towngames tho
Loki Dokie
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #997 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:51 pm

Post by Loki Dokie »

In post 989, GuiltyLion wrote:Roden, if you're town and Dann is never scum here, why do you think mafia put mafia!kuti against town!Dann instead of you
I like Roden’s posts today, they make a lot of sense. Scum is most likely bussers on Kitty, sheeps or coasters on Kitty or other wagons.

We have 4 scum left, Kitty was likely bussed to give at least one if not more scum towncred. And it probably was coordinated which is why - to answer Roden’s question - he didn’t put up much of a fight.
Loki Dokie
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #998 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:32 pm

Post by Loki Dokie »

from day 2 and on, there is no votes to eliminate; instead, each day there is a turing test. the two players selected by the mafia are announced and removed from the game, but not flipped. the votes are locked between the two selected players, and the living players must vote for the person in the pair they believe to be mafia.
~ if a mafia member is voted out, town scores 1 point.
~ if a townie is voted out, mafia scores 1 point.

after one of the two has been hammered, the alignments of the selected players are revealed, and the game goes back to the night phase.

the first faction to reach 3 points wins.
I’m not going to vote yet but apparently we must vote for who we think is mafia, so my vote is spiritually on Kuti.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #999 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:44 pm

Post by Bell »

I'd like to pretend I thought we'd hit scum yesterday.
But that was blind luck.

Also, I feel deeply wifom'd.

Return to “Completed Open Games”