Open 862: Diffusion of Power (Game Over)

Fun Times
Fun Times
They/Them
Goon
Fun Times
They/Them
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #825 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2022 5:30 am

Post by Fun Times »

In post 822, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Do you mean the "you read me correctly previously games" thing? Ok so let me explain this and also why meta is bad at the same time.

A: I don't know your alignment so why would this be a good point for anyone except yourself if you are actually town here? For all we know you could be scum and i actually read you correctly. And even if i did read you wrongly, so what? Why couldn't i also be town that read you wrongly for once?
B: Sometimes people just play differently. There is a reason why i played a game once and people called me "scum for meta" and i was literally just town but had changed my playstyle drastically for that one game. Meta is garbage and you use that as the main point for your arguments i'm not going to bother. If you want an recent example, even Alianna was called "scum for meta" yesterday and they were town.
Hmmm, not really liking this response at all. I might not be so extremely suspicious of this, had you not actually said you wanted us dead yesterday but for you tp have no response whatsoever to my series of responses to you, I’m really not just buying it. You can get away with giving no read on us but to go from wanting us dead to this entirely noncommittal response, like just no.

~N
Hydra of Andante and Nancy Drew 39
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2022 5:31 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Why would i even change my stance on you if i was mafia. I'd just pocket you instantly by constantly calling you town for meta.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Fun Times
Fun Times
They/Them
Goon
Fun Times
They/Them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2022 5:34 am

Post by Fun Times »

In post 823, NorwegianboyEE wrote:I think mechanically, the argument to lim Goldfish is sound.
If they are mafia then that's a win.
If they are town that's unfortunate because we didn't hit scum, but they are town that already had an check. Meaning we won't lose any more town power. And if we have N2 doctor they can protect an confirmed town!Somnus that night. And even if we don't have an doctor for that night, mafia doesn't know that. So Somnus would likely not die anyway since any doctor worth their salt should be protecting our only conf!town in that instance.
We already rushed d1, I think we have some time to see if goldfish actually does anything first. I also don’t trust you after that lameass response to me.

~N
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2022 5:34 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

I agree we shouldn't rush, it's why i haven't even changed my vote yet.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2022 5:36 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 827, Fun Times wrote:I also don’t trust you after that lameass response to me.
Trying to reason with you is just a waste of time. :igmeou:

- Bunno
Fun Times
Fun Times
They/Them
Goon
Fun Times
They/Them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2022 5:43 am

Post by Fun Times »

In post 826, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Why would i even change my stance on you if i was mafia. I'd just pocket you instantly by constantly calling you town for meta.
You haven’t changed your stance on us? You haven’t even re-evaluated after my series of responses to you like I would have expected town!you to have at the very least made some kind of comment on but nada.
Fun Times
Fun Times
They/Them
Goon
Fun Times
They/Them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2022 5:44 am

Post by Fun Times »

In post 829, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 827, Fun Times wrote:I also don’t trust you after that lameass response to me.
Trying to reason with you is just a waste of time. :igmeou:
You go from wanting us dead to essentially I have no read on us? Is that what your saying?

~N
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2022 5:46 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

If you want to know my current read on you then i think your slot became better after you showed up, i thought Andante was scummy earlier.

- Bunno
Fun Times
Fun Times
They/Them
Goon
Fun Times
They/Them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2022 5:49 am

Post by Fun Times »

In post 832, NorwegianboyEE wrote:If you want to know my current read on you then i think your slot became better after you showed up, i thought Andante was scummy earlier.
Okay, fair answer for now.

~N
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2022 6:37 am

Post by Bellaphant »

@fun times, no, I think somnus is town either way basically. Sorry, I thought I'd been clear.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2022 6:39 am

Post by Bellaphant »

@norwee, any takes on frog?
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2022 7:06 am

Post by Enchant »

VOTE: NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2022 7:23 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Your unexplained votes really changing the world there Enchant.

- Bunno
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2022 7:46 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 745, Enchant wrote:I don't need OPPORTUNNITIES
This explains nothing about why you initially voted FT
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2022 7:48 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 820, Fun Times wrote:
In post 815, Bellaphant wrote:
In post 792, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 780, Bellaphant wrote:@frog, finding the use of language a little bit emotional: there must be better words than abusive And gaslit. Can we tone it down a little? Like, I'm not even parsing the conversation and these touch paper words aren't helpful
“Touch paper”?
I probably understand the meaning of this less due to the existence of the phrase “touch grass”
Emotive I guess. The content doesn't seem like frog actually wants to upset the hydra, but the words are going to do that. Frogs response to everything seems really overblown but I'm not sure if scum would make this much noise?
I hesitate to respond to this at all because Andante is so extremely upset and it’s also emotionally affecting me as well but they’re are a couple of things that really aren’t making a whole lot of sense to me.

How is Frog sr us and townlocking Gamma for townclearing us? Also why is he voting Enchant for voting us if he still thinks we’re scum here? Is any of that making sense to anyone?

~N
Where is frog townlocking me?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:05 am

Post by Enchant »

In post 837, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Your unexplained votes really changing the world there Enchant.
Fun Times
Fun Times
They/Them
Goon
Fun Times
They/Them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:23 am

Post by Fun Times »

In post 835, Bellaphant wrote:@norwee, any takes on frog?

Spoiler:
Fun Times
Fun Times
They/Them
Goon
Fun Times
They/Them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:29 am

Post by Fun Times »

In post 726, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 706, froggodoggo wrote:
In post 576, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Also what is this style i’m seeing from Gamma.
All Gamma does is say "gross post", "off vibes", "bad"
Like there is no substance at all.
i'm assuming that's just gamma's playstyle, but the one game i played with them they were SK and a mafia was TRing them d1 for meta. i have no qualms with gamma's play rn tho
Pretty sure that player was trying to pocket me.
@Gamma, I guess I misreaad.

~Nancy
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:37 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

oh lol
I figured it was related to that
<Embrace The Void>

Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:49 am

Post by Somnus »

In post 812, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 786, Somnus wrote:I've had weird vibes from that slot since the start of the game, and it has nothing to do with RP'ing a character.
What do you want from me?
:(

I have prepared a thought-dump for you. I don't expect answers/reactions to most of these. It's mostly just in response to this so that you don't feel like I'm avoiding this. Stand by.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:05 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 844, Somnus wrote:
In post 786, Somnus wrote:I've had weird vibes from that slot since the start of the game, and it has nothing to do with RP'ing a character.

I have prepared a thought-dump for you. I don't expect answers/reactions to most of these. It's mostly just in response to this so that you don't feel like I'm avoiding this. Stand by.
What is it about me that causes such extreme interest as to create thought dumps? (Internal monologue, you may ignore this)

By the way i feel much more healthy than i did earlier so i can finally play this more like i want to!

- Bunno
Fun Times
Fun Times
They/Them
Goon
Fun Times
They/Them
Goon
Goon

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:07 am

Post by Fun Times »

VOTE: Norwee

On reISOing Frog, I actually think I prefer this. Norwee is being kind of off for some reason this game. He was super vocal about his takes in tm game and pretty other towngame I’ve ever seen from him. Here he almost seemq cagey somehow.

~Nancy
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:07 am

Post by Somnus »

In post 32, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 12, Somnus wrote:I will be voting for the last person to join the game.
Please give me the exposition as to why this is your primary mode of conduct.
Mentioned it already, but this feels weird to me and feels like you're trying to look like you're solving without actually doing so. We were in that gross RVS stage of the game and you were fully aware of that so like...why is this a concern?

In post 64, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 36, Enchant wrote:Because it's unlikely i live long anyway, i hardclaim N5 Cop.
The early claim get’s the early lim :good:
VOTE: Enchant
Why?
In post 80, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 72, Somnus wrote:He could, sure. And we're probably treading into the deep waters of WIFOM and without knowing the ins and outs of how this setup tends to play out, my gut tells me that claiming on page 2 probably wasn't the best idea.

But since he did, does claiming Night 5 Cop as mafia seem like a +EV play here? Do you think he discussed this in a PT with 2 hypothetically buddies pre-game as a good idea or just decided to like...wing it as mafia out of boredom as soon as the game started?
I think claiming early in that manner was an anti-town act that i expect town to be more careful about. That’s all.
I agree. It's not beneficial to town. But is it more likely to come from mafia or town?

In post 85, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Now Enchant is visibly struggling with the deep philosophy of making an "good post" in a game of mafia. An thought resurfacing from the entrenched depths of an scum mindset for sure.
This feels like a reach.

In post 114, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 102, Fun Times wrote:
In post 36, Enchant wrote:Because it's unlikely i live long anyway, i hardclaim N5 Cop.
Why would you do this?

~Nancy
Noting this for later.
I may have missed it, but did you elaborate on this in regards to Nancy?

In post 174, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Hmm somehow my intuition is telling me that maybe Enchant isn't scum.
How? What changed here?

In post 184, NorwegianboyEE wrote:What if i use humour to cope the fact that i rolled scum.
Indeed. What if?
In post 244, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 242, froggodoggo wrote:
In post 240, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 195, froggodoggo wrote:i think somnus' reaction to norwee's question on an early page was townie. altho not a fan of norwee not pushing for a response. norwee can u tell me what thats about? 33 and 34
I don't know what you mean.
somnus didnt really answer ur question and u didnt seem to mind
Oh, yeah i know they avoided the question. But i didn't feel like being an pushy ass so early in the game.
To both you and Frog: How did I avoid answering the question? My response in the form of a question was clearly pointing out that people were doing the usual dumb RVS thing. How would "voting for the last person to join the game" be a vote with any less merit than a random RVS vote? This feels extremely disingenuous...like you're doing me a favor by not pushing me on this or something while still pointing out, "Yeah, weird that he avoided the question" (which I clearly didn't).

In post 323, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Ausuka are you always this smooth talking.
:?
In post 324, NorwegianboyEE wrote:I want you to be town, but like… it’s like you feel 2 townie 2 b town.
How do you think people should read you? Do you think you behave an certain way as scum?
I still don't get the "2 townie 2 b town" thing. Tin-foil hat theory: this is the kind of thing you say to someone so that later, you can go, "Why would I possibly have night-killed them???"

In post 344, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 341, Somnus wrote:
NorwegianboyEE wrote:Oh it's not the end of the world.

(Idk why, but i almost always feel tranquil and relaxed when i'm scum. It's like nothing get's to me. Big advice if you ever want to catch scum!me.)

NorwegianboyEE wrote:It's like a great friend of me once said, it's not about what scum!Norwee does. It's about what he doesn't do.
I read Open 833 (Twin Trap) about a month ago. I'm going here for the time being and would like to see some thoughts on this player (who was correct in that I have a likeable face!).

VOTE: NorwegianboyEE
Ohh i like that you read an previous game to get an better read on me.
Somnus likely town.
I didn't read the game to get a better read on you. As I said, I read the game a month ago. I've also read Newbie 2089 as it was ongoing. I don't recognize the person from that game at all at this point. Not going to go hardcore into meta stuff because it's MOSTLY whatever, but worth noting regardless. I see a lot more similarities to the Twin Trap-you than the Newbie 2089-you.

In post 345, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 329, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Hey there, Norwegian.

I am going to need your vote on the Alianna wagon my friend. How about it?
Ok
VOTE: Alianna
This isn't a bad vote considering what Alianna had done up to this point (and after), but why?

In post 530, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 529, Enchant wrote:Also i was right hahahahahahahahah i am smarter than half of town hahahhahgahahah
You didn't exactly do much to save them.
I even asked you why they were town and you just left.
This is fair.

In post 626, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 622, Gamma Emerald wrote:I'm honestly probably embellishing my confidence a bit but I still think the most confident pushes on Alianna were probably all town-motivated and that includes Andante
Alright.
Anyway your arguments on me are very tunneling in nature so i don’t think there will be anything to gain from being on you at this moment.

VOTE: N_M
Their posts today are really lacking self-awareness. I doubt they don’t know that Alianna flipped town.
So is your vote on Gamma in Day 2 to gain information or is it an actual scum-read? If it's an actual scum-read, this doesn't seem like a valid reason to change your vote.

In post 738, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 662, GoldfishFromTheMoon wrote:I'm a night 1 cop, Somnus is town
Why did you claim your result so early?
I'd like to know this as well. I mean, she did answer it during the very very brief window that she's actually been here and participating in the game, but so far I have not even remotely appreciated how the cops/cop claims have played in this game whatsoever, and it feels like town has willingly pissed away their most useful abilities to solve this game already.

In post 823, NorwegianboyEE wrote:I think mechanically, the argument to lim Goldfish is sound.
If they are mafia then that's a win.
If they are town that's unfortunate because we didn't hit scum, but they are town that already had an check. Meaning we won't lose any more town power. And if we have N2 doctor they can protect an confirmed town!Somnus that night. And even if we don't have an doctor for that night, mafia doesn't know that. So Somnus would likely not die anyway since any doctor worth their salt should be protecting our only conf!town in that instance.
I'm certainly not town-reading Goldfish for a variety of reasons thus far, but I'm not willing to make this leap already.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #848 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:08 am

Post by Somnus »

In post 845, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 844, Somnus wrote:

What is it about me that causes such extreme interest as to create thought dumps? (Internal monologue, you may ignore this)

By the way i feel much more healthy than i did earlier so i can finally play this more like i want to!

My interest is that you're a scum-read. It doesn't go beyond that. I can't really get much out of some of the other players who I'm not town-reading, so at the very least, I appreciate that you're involved in the game and I'm glad you're feeling better.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #849 (ISO) » Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:10 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

I don’t see anything overtly pinging me about Frog’s play, dare i even call him an potential townread?
He’s got his head in the game which is more than i can say about a couple other slots.

- Bunno

Return to “Completed Open Games”