Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #13300 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:06 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 13295, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Have you managed to gain any reads from what you have read?
I sus Best Bird, still undecided on Pooky/Rad but it's the kind of thing where I'll probably land one way or the other. JohnnyFarrar is individually sus and seems to have partner equity with a few people. I'm just gonna townread Professor and Butterflies.

I still need to get up to speed with all the claims to form proper reads but this is from what I saw so far on D6.
ProfessorDrapion
ProfessorDrapion
Mafia Scum
ProfessorDrapion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13301 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:07 am

Post by ProfessorDrapion »

I have the most paranoia RN on BestBird and Pooky.

Meh on Taly, still think they are really Townie but I’m not lock on it like Butterflies.
ProfessorDrapion
ProfessorDrapion
Mafia Scum
ProfessorDrapion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13302 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:09 am

I mean there is a world where Butterflies can be a wolf and not ninja and really only one world I can see and that’s with Pooky and Pooky goes “oh yeah if that purple trash bag decides to track me I’ll give it to him! He’s going to meet the wraith of the Pooky Thunderdome!”
ProfessorDrapion
ProfessorDrapion
Mafia Scum
ProfessorDrapion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13303 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:10 am

In post 13300, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 13295, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Have you managed to gain any reads from what you have read?
I sus Best Bird, still undecided on Pooky/Rad but it's the kind of thing where I'll probably land one way or the other. JohnnyFarrar is individually sus and seems to have partner equity with a few people. I'm just gonna townread Professor and Butterflies.

I still need to get up to speed with all the claims to form proper reads but this is from what I saw so far on D6.
Yeah fuck this.

VOTE: BestBird

I want BB or Malcolm today.
Rad
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #13304 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:12 am

Post by Rad »

VOTE: Malcolm
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #13305 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:12 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 13303, ProfessorDrapion wrote:
In post 13300, furtiveglance wrote:

Yeah fuck this.

VOTE: BestBird

I want BB or Malcolm today.
Did you like my post? What's the "fuck this" about?
ProfessorDrapion
ProfessorDrapion
Mafia Scum
ProfessorDrapion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13306 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:14 am

Yes.

You have sus on BestBird and I have the paranoia and the slot needs the pressure and if possible I’d like to make it the CW to Malcolm.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #13307 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:15 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 13306, ProfessorDrapion wrote:Yes.

You have sus on BestBird and I have the paranoia and the slot needs the pressure and if possible I’d like to make it the CW to Malcolm.
Why do you keep talking about paranoia?
ProfessorDrapion
ProfessorDrapion
Mafia Scum
ProfessorDrapion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13308 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:15 am

Also basically after I tracked Bella I no lucked 3 no visits and Pooky is shading me for it and saying it’s wolfy.
ProfessorDrapion
ProfessorDrapion
Mafia Scum
ProfessorDrapion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13309 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:16 am

In post 13307, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 13306, ProfessorDrapion wrote:Yes.

Why do you keep talking about paranoia?
Cause I’m Paranoid and I can also see BB to be completely fake and everyone in dead chat is like “well we know BB is a wolf.”
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #13310 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:17 am

Post by catboi »

Flavor
Fun fact: I have never actually seen an episode of LOST

Vote Count 6.23 Rad (Best Bird, PookyTheMagicalBear, butterflies)

1 BlueBloodedToffee (Roden)

1 MalcolmTucker (Rad)

1 Best Bird (ProfessorDrapion)

Not Voting (Yeet, furtiveglance, MalcolmTucker, Cytosine and Guanine, Cat Scratch Fever, butterchurn, JohnnyFarrar, BlueBloodedToffee, Mislim Bait, Off the Hook)

With 16 alive, it takes 9 to yeet.

Deadline: (expired on 2022-08-28 20:20:00)

Mod NotesSave The Dragons is V/LA until 8/29, until then I am your friendly backup moderator~
Last edited by catboi on Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #13311 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:17 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

In post 13304, Rad wrote:VOTE: Malcolm
What are your thoughts on Best Bird, Rad?
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
ProfessorDrapion
ProfessorDrapion
Mafia Scum
ProfessorDrapion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13312 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:18 am

BB I also think is lying because I figure Luke would definitely have something to say about Malcolm, their neighbourhood partner.
ProfessorDrapion
ProfessorDrapion
Mafia Scum
ProfessorDrapion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13313 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:18 am

In post 13311, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
Best Bird - Wolfy
Rad - The Town (I think I made this one very clear.)
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #13314 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:19 am

Post by furtiveglance »

Aren't there 16 alive?
Rad
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13315 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:19 am

Post by Rad »

Probably just town. Scum!bb scenario is too convoluted so I'm not going to worry about it.
ProfessorDrapion
ProfessorDrapion
Mafia Scum
ProfessorDrapion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13316 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:20 am

But btw butterflies is actually wrong, they were the second best track or close to.

The best track was BBT, clearly.
ProfessorDrapion
ProfessorDrapion
Mafia Scum
ProfessorDrapion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13317 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:21 am

Like I tracked 2 players I found wolfy and I get no visit so I’m like “maybe I’m being pocketed and that person is doing the attack”
So I tracked butterflies.
ProfessorDrapion
ProfessorDrapion
Mafia Scum
ProfessorDrapion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13318 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:21 am

Yet somehow Pooky finds that wolfy lol.

Prob Wolf maybe?
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #13319 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:35 am

In post 13315, Rad wrote: Probably just town. Scum!bb scenario is too convoluted so I'm not going to worry about it.
Talk me through it?
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
ProfessorDrapion
ProfessorDrapion
Mafia Scum
ProfessorDrapion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13320 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:05 am

In post 13313, ProfessorDrapion wrote:
Best Bird - Wolfy
Rad - The Town (I think I made this one very clear.)
This entire time I thought you were talking about me.
Rad
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13321 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:22 am

Post by Rad »

In post 13319, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
In post 13315, Rad wrote: Probably just town. Scum!bb scenario is too convoluted so I'm not going to worry about it.
Talk me through it?
Nothing stands out as significant for either town!BB or scum!BB. BB prob has the ability he claims and he prob picked Ceph n1 and Luke last night. Luke prob wrote up a scum case on me and either scum!BB will take advantage of it or town!BB is convinced by it. Nothing in his play throughout the game screams town or scum for me but little interaction here and there come across as town to me. Nothing specific I can think of, it's just gut reads on his posts throughout the game that lean more towards town than scum. So I'm content just leaning town on him. I wouldn't be incredibly surprised at whatever BB flips tbh.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #13322 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:35 am

Huh.

I'm intrigued that you have a player who you don't seem to have a real read on and you don't want to investigate it further, in addition to this, you immediately begin to push a counter wagon in Malcolm.
Rad
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Rad
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13323 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:48 am

Post by Rad »

happy scumday bbt!

Your suspicions here are boring but if you'd like to vote me for them, feel free. I'm not ISO diving BB. I'm not meta diving BB. I've read this entire fucking 533 page game and my read on him is pretty basic, and I'm ok with that. In fact my reads on most people here are pretty basic. Only certain players like yourself have made specific actions that I can point to and go "huh ok that just doesn't make sense in a scum context" and have a real read for. Maybe scum!BB is pushing me right now. Maybe some smarter town player will figure that out. Maybe he'll do something that I catch and go "aha! he's scum I see it now!" or maybe I'll die in this game and never have a strong read on him one way or the other.

Anyway if I had a cop power or something to determine if scum is pushing me, I'd use it on pooky. I think both pooky and bb are equally difficult to read and I feel like I'm probably just not capable of coming up with a decent read on them here but scum pooky feels more likely than scum BB.

My vote on Malcolm isn't a counter wagon though. That guy's just scum here and unless I have a better target, my vote will default to him. My vote on butterflies last night was just frustration based so I've backed off.
Best Bird
Best Bird
Goon
Best Bird
Goon
Goon

Post Post #13324 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:51 am

Post by Best Bird »

In post 12953, Best Bird wrote:
In post 12952, butterflies wrote:Okay but I still don’t see how that makes RAD scum? I also think that Dunn clearly softed vig and we know Math is was scum rb, so you think that Bella would just risk letting Math die, when he was strongly sr?
That alone doesn’t make Rad scum, it’s just not clearing as you suspect it is. I have to get off my phone to paraphrase the rest of the case and I can’t do that rn.
Following up on this:

Luke pointed out that Rad's thoughts on a role with the ability to talk to dead people has been inconsistent with someone who is actually trying to sort me or Mala (when it was assumed that was what she was claiming in the early game). Instead, it comes across that he is looking to support an assumed stance instead of trying to use information to develop a stance.

Spoiler:
In post 340, Rad wrote:So I went ahead and read through Luke's ISO so far...

luke's is referring to Off the Hook (marci version I think... yeah confirmed in ). I think this town read is a super easy thing for scum!Luke to say to town!OTH, but also a reasonably easy thing for scum!Luke to say to scum!OTH. Does town!Luke really have this much confidence in a town read that soon based on meta alone?

luke town reads Mala in / from Mala's 2 opening posts. 2. opening. posts. I was thinking about Mala's potential power claim - being able to talk to the dead? Intitially sounds like a townie type power,
but what if it's a scum power? That would be really powerful as well
, being able to talk to the dead and make up dead town reads as they see fit. Plus I think you'd be more likely to just let that one slip early as scum to try to look like a town claim, cause if you're town and you just gave away a huge power like that, you're not even going to get a chance to use it as you're most likely going to be the first NK. So I'm not sure where this town read is coming from beyond potentially reading that power as a town power and not thinking it through?

Beyond that, for the most part, Luke's posts are just about the game's flavor, some past game banter, some non-AI style conversations about game rules or theory.

I'm not saying Luke's just trying to look useful without saying much... but... yeah that's the impression I just got from reading the ISO so far. I mean I was expecting to go into it and get some decent content out of it, but it was really thin on anything useful. I know it's early game so everyone's been spamming a bunch of useless bs, but Luke's ISO reads like it's serious from the start, and all I really got out of it was 2 bad town reads and a lot of nothing.

Hey
@Frogster
take a quick glance at Luke's ISO and tell me if you see the same lack of content. I ask you specifically because of your which makes me believe you've got an eye for that sort of thing.
In this, Rad is looking for a reason to call Luke scummy early Day 1 so he looked for a reason and basically develops a: it's nonsensical it is for Luke to think that is could be a town power so Luke could be scum. However, Rad later calls me town and is asked why, he states
In post 11478, Rad wrote:I can't fathom why scum!BB would be given the PR to talk to dead people.

I guess scum!BB could find out a dead person's role or target and then potentially manipulate town with that info however they chose to.

I had never thought of something like that. For me, it was either town!BB is telling the truth or scum!BB is lying.
Which is inconsistent with his early statement.

Luke has also pointed out that Rad's play around Mala was really bad (he said he basically hated every post Rad made about targetting Bella) as it was the right play and Rad was just latching on to push the wagon through:

Spoiler:
In post 11919, Rad wrote:
In post 11913, Mislim Bait wrote:they said that math is roleblocker
idk why they haven't claimed any results for n4 today
Ah yeah, looking back, I guess they did claim Math in some weird ass roundabout way.

So Mala targeted:

Ceph - lol, but yeah, only possible target so whatever
Math - good target
Bella - why do we care about Bella there over Dunn?

This is also all information available to scum!Mala whether they're coroner or not because no reason to believe Ceph didn't full claim. Coming up with a claim on someone like Dunn who we've been curious about is counter-claimable via a town!BB or town!OTH.
In post 11921, Rad wrote:
In post 11920, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:Dunnstral is theorized to have been the vig, but i don't remember when we settled on that theory. D4 perhaps?

Either Luke or bell can be coroner'd tonight
The question is why does Mala target Bella over Dunn. What info do we get that we care about from targeting Bella?
In post 11926, Rad wrote:
In post 11924, RCEnigma wrote:
In post 11921, Rad wrote:
In post 11920, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:Dunnstral is theorized to have been the vig, but i don't remember when we settled on that theory. D4 perhaps?

Either Luke or bell can be coroner'd tonight
The question is why does Mala target Bella over Dunn. What info do we get that we care about from targeting Bella?
Mala!scum could target Dunn and give Bellas info in its place sure. Since they’d already know Bella’s role.
I moreso meant that town!Mala targeting Bella doesn't make sense when Dunn was an option. Bella's flavor matched the doc claim. So Bella was either just telling the truth and was a scum doc, or she was stealing it from a scum partner. Do we actually care one way or the other? Does confirming scum!Bella's doc role after the flip matter? Clearing up the Dunn mystery would at least give us some info about N1.
In post 12033, Rad wrote:Even if there's some weird town explanation for bella over Dunn, there's no town explanation for frog n4 besides "whoops I don't care about this game so I made bad decisions"
In post 12034, Rad wrote:I already said math was a good choice and ceph was your only choice. Bella is arguably bad and frog is lolol
In post 12102, Rad wrote:
In post 12099, Mislim Bait wrote:But bella is scum so it literally doesn't matter even if their claim make sense or not.
Since it's natural for scum to lie removing any doubts about their real role would be more beneficial.
I dunno what to tell you man. What does town gain from knowing Bella was a doc or not? Who cares? We'd learn more from Dunn. You may not have been around during the dunn discussions but we were all pretty confused by the 2 town kills n1 and knowing dunn's actual role could have helped clear things up. Ultimately we don't know if scum targeted dunn or frog n1 and that info could help us understand. I don't see what knowing bella's a doc or not really helps.

The second quote is probably the most egregious one as it starts from the standpoint of already knowing that Bella was true claiming when Town wouldn't have known that. Wouldn't town!Rad have been curious to see if she was true claiming since she flipped mafia? That comes across as a perspective slip of him already knowing Bella was a scumdoc, but really wanting to know what Dunn was since he wouldn't have had that info.

I've already presented the info on why Bella flipping scum!Doc and "protecting" Rad N1 is not clearing and discussed how Rad reading Luke's scum games.

Further discussions with Luke: I asked for his opinion on BBT because I was leaning scum. Luke thinks BBT is town and outlined why for me

Spoiler:
In post 9709, ProfessorDrapion wrote:ATTENTION I GOT A POTENTIAL VERY LIKELY RED CHECK ON BELLA.

I WANT BELLA’S FULL CLAIM AND ACTIONS NOW!

VOTE: Bella
BBT sees a red check on Bella and immediately starts thinking about who her partners could be:
In post 9786, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:CSF is prob scum and Johnny is town if Bella is scum.
In post 9794, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:You're scum for being on my wagon countering Math and your attempt at linking me with Math for start of Day.

Johnny is town because both Corwin and Bella have tried to shade that slot way too much for them to be scum together.
BBT then takes the action of reviewing Bella's ISO for it
In post 9804, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Hmm, after reading Bella's ISO maybe Johnny can be scum with her.

She shades him a fair bit but never really pushes him and always finds someone else to vote.
Basically, BBT's reaction up to now is how one would expect a town player to respond to seeing a scum check.

Bella then claims:
In post 9850, Bellaphant wrote:I'm a doc, hence I think there must be two from flavour, I was on rad n1 then bell.
BBT straight off asks for a flavor claim to see if Bella could be faking
In post 9851, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Flavour claim Bella?
In post 9854, Bellaphant wrote:Juliet. I assume there's a jack.

@pooky, they felt strong town. I liked their reads. The masons seemed no point, I thought bb was limited utility, it was Luke or bell for me and I assumed if another doc then prolly on other obv! town
Bella doesn't. Right here is when BBT starts considering that Bella could be town. As of now, we know that Bella is confirmed Macho, and BBT has claimed to be macho. This comes across as a solid reason for BBT to believe Bella's claim since he had a similar role/modifier.
In post 9866, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Based on play alone, I don't think Bella is scum. As such, I'm willing to believe the claim and also think scum have a strongman.
In post 9992, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
In post 9989, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 9859, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Scum obviously have some sort of strongman then.
BBT, why is there no paranoia of a Bella fake claim here?
Because of how she claimed.
Luke caught BBT's lack of paranoia on the fake claim in real time, but obviously we were not aware that BBT was a doc or had the macho modifier at the time.

If BBT is scum with Bella, and BBT is staying off wagon hoping that her claim saves her...why would he start poking holes in her strong man claim.
In post 9913, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Although actually, now that I think about it, scum using a strongman on Bell when there are so many potential options for a Doc to save doesn't really make sense.

Bella's play doesn't feel like scum though?
In post 9936, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
In post 9922, RCEnigma wrote: Why does scum using strongman on bell not make sense?
Because there were too many options.

Masons, BB, Luke (if town), Pooky (if town) to name 4. You don't waste a strongman when a potential Doc has so many people to choose from. Unless it's unlimited shot
So BBT starts to doubt again...post 10013 makes a lot of sense if he is also a doc.
In post 10013, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:How many protectives would be reasonable in a 21/5 game?
In post 10032, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:VOTE: Bella
But, Bella then claims her macho modifier:
In post 10040, Bellaphant wrote: I'm macho. Hence me having no issues believing bell could be too.
So, from BBT's perspective, if you are a macho doc and the person a similiar role then also claims a macho modifier, that would make you pretty strongly believe they are telling the truth...right?
In post 10042, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:I really don't think Bella is the elim Today.

So yeah, I agree with Luke and I'm probably reading BBT from emotion and he is probably just town.

Luke doesn't have a strong read on Malcolm but would put him as a light townlean.

Oh, and based on the flavor claim he doesn't think T-bone makes sense as a doc but maybe another protective (e.g. bodyguard).

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”