Open 862: Diffusion of Power (Game Over)

BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1375 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:55 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

Hey Jake, why Enchant and why not BB or the hydra?
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #1376 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:59 am

Post by Jake The Wolfie »

Enchant is right here with (at least) 3 votes including mine, wheras other candidates do not have much momentum. Also, Enchant is flailing about and I want to know why.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1377 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:00 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Is BB Bella?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1378 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:07 am

Enchant isn't flailing at all.

BB is Best Bird (formerly Penguin Power)
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1379 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:10 am

Most of their posts are needless and witless rabble, seemingly only for the hell of it. Just skim over their ISO and you'll see what I mean.
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1380 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:19 am

Post by Enchant »

In post 1379, Jake The Wolfie wrote:Most of their posts are needless and witless rabble, seemingly only for the hell of it. Just skim over their ISO and you'll see what I mean.
Pretty bold for someone having NM in townreads.
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1381 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:20 am

The above is precisely what I'm talking about. This doesn't serve the gamestate, it just serves to anger and rile up the town, which is not very townlike behaviour.
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1382 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:24 am

Post by Enchant »

Fuck gamestate.
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1383 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:26 am

I will engage with you if you have shown yourself to be more than a charlatan peddling wind. In the meantime, bugger off.
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1384 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:28 am

Post by Enchant »

If i cared about you at first place.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1385 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:33 am

Post by Somnus »

In post 1338, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Do you think if Goldfish is telling the truth that losing Somnus is a massive loss for town right now?

I'm really flattered by the obsession with me, particularly since you don't think I'm scum. Getting people to explain their reads has mostly been a chore in this game, and no one has really had much of anything to ask me or discuss with me since Goldfish's questionable cameo, so I don't really have much to offer at this point and not really feeling that it's worth me going into try-hard mode.

But uhh...Happy Birthday.

Spoiler:
In post 515, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Somnus and Gamma would be great cop checks.

Protect myself or Fun times if Docs.

Thanks.
In post 519, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:VOTE: Somnus
In post 526, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:UNVOTE:

I thought it was a separate post entirely but 333 is a Somnus post so fair enough.
In post 924, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
In post 582, Fun Times wrote:My top 2 SRs right now, are Not_Mafia from day 1, and froggo basically just claimed wolf here on D2 (explained above)

-Andante
Why no vote?
In post 626, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 622, Gamma Emerald wrote:I'm honestly probably embellishing my confidence a bit but I still think the most confident pushes on Alianna were probably all town-motivated and that includes Andante
Alright.
Anyway your arguments on me are very tunneling in nature so i don’t think there will be anything to gain from being on you at this moment.

VOTE: N_M
Their posts today are really lacking self-awareness. I doubt they don’t know that Alianna flipped town.
Has your read on Gamma changed?
In post 631, Gamma Emerald wrote:I do wanna know why BBT thought me/Somnus were good cop checks btw
I thought you were a good check because I didn't like some of your D1 play - your vote on Ali despite appearing to scum read me felt bad and your reasoning for town reading both Somnus and Penguin were equally bad and

Somnus was for his hedgy read on Ali and his overall lack of engagement with the game. Somnus was more predicated on an Ali scum flip, too.
In post 649, Not_Mafia wrote:[v[froggodoggo[/v]

I think we should settle Andante vs. Froggo, we can't have this division in our town
Yeah, I don't mind either of these votes.
In post 934, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
In post 752, Bellaphant wrote: Tbf it's really surprised me they were a check, they were my strongest tr day one.
Bella you have spoken about Somnus being your strongest TR and I think you alluded to it earlier in the game, too. Can you just quote some posts that show Somnus solving please?
In post 777, Fun Times wrote: Same for us.
Again, Somnus town reads from early game really need to be explained.
In post 788, Bellaphant wrote: Like....I can understand copping a person you were unsure on/wouldn't be able to read but that would be enchant/not mad/even penguin power for me, just because of playstyle.
You disagree with Goldfish's reasoning for checking Somnus? I think he gave 4 reasons and you have disagreed with one?
In post 861, NorwegianboyEE wrote: C: I still sus Not_Mafia slot and they haven't improved whatsoever so what would change if i voted you? I still find you both scummy so changing my vote from A to B wouldn't change too much.
Did you not do this when you changed your vote from Gamma to NM?
In post 925, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 924, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Has your read on Gamma changed?
I felt like our 1v1 was making the game intolerable so i backed off to give it more thought.
And that is different to your 1v1 with Enchant how?
In post 939, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Bella, I noticed that you didn't expand on 'everyone being scum' outside of Gamma and Somnus?

Would you mind running me through that?
In post 945, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Bella, you town read Somnus before 330 so can you go back a little further please?

What do you like about how they approached Enchant? Can you quote post it?

What response regarding low hanging fruit? Again, can you quote it please?

Pedit - What do you think about Norwegian's ?

Pedit again - I don't particularly like that answer Bella. I feel like you're hedging your reads this game and scum reading Norwegian is a very safe take for you to have right now.

@Fun Times - It's not a silly question to ask because you use meta as a defence for everything. So it's like 'forget what you think because x, y and z think we're town because meta so you should too!' which I don't really buy.

Pedit again - How is it hypocritical?
In post 954, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:You feel those posts can't come from scum!Somnus Bella? They're pretty basic...

I think it was Fun Times (?) who spoke about scum liking to talk about Mech. Do you think Somnus' posts fall into that category and do you agree with that assertion from Fun Times?
In post 959, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:I wasn't really speaking to you regarding the Ali wagon, I was more interested in your town read of Somnus. You claimed a town read on him in 330 and I was asking you to show me where this read formed. Those 3 posts you quoted could easily come from either alignment a sit involved a lot of mech spec so I'm still unsure how you formed that town read unless there are other posts before 330?

I don't understand the reference to town!Norwegian finding a scum slip? Or the reference to Fun Times either.
In post 1338, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Do you think if Goldfish is telling the truth that losing Somnus is a massive loss for town right now?
In post 1342, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Yeah, I wasn't talking about elimming Somnus.

I meant that if we elim Goldfish and it turns out he is town, then scum are forced (?) to kill Somnus as he is confirmed. Given Somnus isn't providing a whole lot right now, it doesn't seem the biggest loss in the world.
In post 1348, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:I'm not sure a N2 doctor is that high in probability?

Pedit - Read my previous posts Enchant for clarification on why I was asking what I was asking.

I'm not interested in elimming Somnus, or even Goldfish, but if Somnus is town I feel he could be doing much more.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1386 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:37 am

Post by Somnus »

There's another reason why I'm particularly salty about how things have turned out for me here. Allow this epic trilogy to explain.

Spoiler:

Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1387 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:54 am

Post by Enchant »

Imagine having friends who join with you only to check you N1 to ruin your mafia game, and leave if not.

That's what i could say best friend material.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1388 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:56 am

I'm flattered you think I'm obsessed with you.

Thanks for proving my point about you being no loss to town though, I guess.
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1389 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:00 am

Post by Enchant »

Actually if this is truth, we can clear Goldfish too.

For absurd, but pretty solid for me reasons.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1390 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:03 am

Post by Somnus »

In post 1388, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:I'm flattered you think I'm obsessed with you.

This baggage you're carrying from our last game isn't doing you any good. There's a reason half the playerlist doesn't bother to engage with you. You approach every conversation like a screaming toddler. This is about the extent of time I care to waste on you today. Enjoy your day.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1391 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:10 am

Post by Somnus »

In post 1387, Enchant wrote:Imagine having friends who join with you only to check you N1 to ruin your mafia game, and leave if not.

That's what i could say best friend material.
I still don't particularly buy that I was checked. Kinda hard to come to any conclusions on it considering the slot has been vacant for all but roughly 2 hours during the 10 days or whatever that this game has lasted.
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1392 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:10 am

In post 1390, Somnus wrote:
In post 1388, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:I'm flattered you think I'm obsessed with you.

This baggage you're carrying from our last game isn't doing you any good. There's a reason half the playerlist doesn't bother to engage with you. You approach every conversation like a screaming toddler. This is about the extent of time I care to waste on you today. Enjoy your day.
Do they though? I don't see it.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1393 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:11 am

In post 1390, Somnus wrote: This baggage you're carrying from our last game isn't doing you any good. There's a reason half the playerlist doesn't bother to engage with you. You approach every conversation like a screaming toddler. This is about the extent of time I care to waste on you today. Enjoy your day.
Whatever you got going on in your life right now, I hope it gets better for you.

Until then, you probably shouldn't be playing Mafia.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1394 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:12 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

We are all crazy people
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1395 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:13 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

No wonder this game is hard to solve, there’s nobody normal!
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1396 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:14 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

The most crazy one being me obvs

- Bunno
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1397 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:30 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1389, Enchant wrote:Actually if this is truth, we can clear Goldfish too.

For absurd, but pretty solid for me reasons.
Try me.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1398 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:31 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1393, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
In post 1390, Somnus wrote: This baggage you're carrying from our last game isn't doing you any good. There's a reason half the playerlist doesn't bother to engage with you. You approach every conversation like a screaming toddler. This is about the extent of time I care to waste on you today. Enjoy your day.
Whatever you got going on in your life right now, I hope it gets better for you.

Until then, you probably shouldn't be playing Mafia.
This is uncalled for. I don’t think Somnus actually mentioned anything about rl so you’re really just being a dick for the sake of it.
<Embrace The Void>

BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1399 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:44 am

I don't see anything wrong with my post? He clearly has stuff going on and I genuinely hope it gets better for him.

He attempted to make our interaction personal, do you disagree?

Return to “Completed Open Games”