Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:36 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 173, Eiralox wrote:I said defense, not reads. im not keen on repeating myself.
Don't think BBT really hard defended Gandhi any more than I did either. Why do you want to make a point of distinguishing us when there is no real difference?
Eiralox
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:53 am

Post by Eiralox »

In post 175, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 173, Eiralox wrote:I said defense, not reads. im not keen on repeating myself.
Don't think BBT really hard defended Gandhi any more than I did either. Why do you want to make a point of distinguishing us when there is no real difference?
cos ur scum with gandhi and toffee isnt. this post proves it.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him; they/them

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Fri Aug 19, 2022 7:16 am

Post by Greeting »

@
a lot of players

It's Gandhi not Ghandi.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Fri Aug 19, 2022 7:21 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 174, furtiveglance wrote: Another thing - I don't get the refusal to share. This game is about co-operation. If you repeatedly refuse to talk you're transgressing, which may get you a sanction. And 3 sanctions is a full desadulation. And I might vote you for the simple crime of not talking.
Good. I second this sentiment.

This + his reads (; I mean I kinda disagree with
hoppip
, but it's still a valid read from a town point of view - speaking of) + the earlier quoted post makes me think
furtiveglance
is town.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Fri Aug 19, 2022 7:27 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 171, furtiveglance wrote:Ok, you're right that delayed omgus isn't the right term. It's a knee-jerk reaction nonetheless, it felt to me that DeltaWave didn't want to allow Hoppip to put a bit of sus on them without getting the last word. As to whether or not Hoppip did put sus on DeltaWave, I would argue the answer is yes, whether intentional or otherwise. They said that DeltaWave 'looked bad' to them. So I read into that a bit, I thought DeltaWave looked worse from the whole interaction. I understand your issue with buzzwords like 'omgus', I have the same thing. But in this case I thought it was notable that DeltaWave didn't let it slide, they said they would respond later but made the point of saying that hoppip was being 'somewhat sus'
Do you disagree that town often suspect people who suspect them? I feel like you're pushing a scum!Delta possibility without really considering the other side of things. Like, there is indeed a world where Delta decided to scumread hoppip because he misinterpreted their post as a scumread and wanted to push back against it, but I don't see why you think it's likely, which I was hoping to get you to explain because I think it's a stretchy read.
No matter what happens, I'll be right there with you.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Fri Aug 19, 2022 7:28 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 178, Greeting wrote:
In post 174, furtiveglance wrote: Another thing - I don't get the refusal to share. This game is about co-operation. If you repeatedly refuse to talk you're transgressing, which may get you a sanction. And 3 sanctions is a full desadulation. And I might vote you for the simple crime of not talking.
Good. I second this sentiment.

This + his reads (; I mean I kinda disagree with
hoppip
, but it's still a valid read from a town point of view - speaking of) + the earlier quoted post makes me think
furtiveglance
is town.
I mean I think you and furtive are right about Eiralox, but it's not like it's a hard sentiment to fake.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Fri Aug 19, 2022 7:49 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 179, Ausuka wrote:
In post 171, furtiveglance wrote:Ok, you're right that delayed omgus isn't the right term. It's a knee-jerk reaction nonetheless, it felt to me that DeltaWave didn't want to allow Hoppip to put a bit of sus on them without getting the last word. As to whether or not Hoppip did put sus on DeltaWave, I would argue the answer is yes, whether intentional or otherwise. They said that DeltaWave 'looked bad' to them. So I read into that a bit, I thought DeltaWave looked worse from the whole interaction. I understand your issue with buzzwords like 'omgus', I have the same thing. But in this case I thought it was notable that DeltaWave didn't let it slide, they said they would respond later but made the point of saying that hoppip was being 'somewhat sus'
Do you disagree that town often suspect people who suspect them? I feel like you're pushing a scum!Delta possibility without really considering the other side of things. Like, there is indeed a world where Delta decided to scumread hoppip because he misinterpreted their post as a scumread and wanted to push back against it, but I don't see why you think it's likely, which I was hoping to get you to explain because I think it's a stretchy read.
Again you make a valid point. I'm not locking in Deltawave as mafia though as you seem to imply, I'm just sussing + voting them. Fairly standard stuff in this kind of game. Yes, I could be charitable and play devil's advocate for every single player I give a read on, but it would be a longer and less interesting game, and I probably wouldn't be saying much either way, just going: "Could be town or mafia here, tough to say" about everyone. A read is a read, and I vote my scumreads. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. I'm choosing to push this scum!Delta possibility, as you say, because I want them to be voted out, because I sus them. It all makes sense from my end.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Fri Aug 19, 2022 7:52 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 176, Eiralox wrote:
In post 175, furtiveglance wrote:
cos ur scum with gandhi and toffee isnt. this post proves it.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Fri Aug 19, 2022 7:53 am

Post by furtiveglance »

How to put an image in a post
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Fri Aug 19, 2022 7:54 am

Post by Ausuka »

I'm aware, and I'm not as confident about this as I would be if you had made such a read later in the game. But I'm just saying it doesn't seem like your read on Delta came from a genuine thought process; if I'm mafia here and Delta is town I would probably want to vote Delta here, he feels like an easier push than other people who have been present so far. So when I feel like you decided he's scum and then made up the reasons it's concerning to me.
Juice
Juice
xe, xem, xyrs
Goon
Juice
xe, xem, xyrs
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: xe, xem, xyrs

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Fri Aug 19, 2022 7:54 am

Post by Juice »

my first mini this decade VOTE: Gandhi
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Fri Aug 19, 2022 7:58 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 184, Ausuka wrote:I'm aware, and I'm not as confident about this as I would be if you had made such a read later in the game. But I'm just saying it doesn't seem like your read on Delta came from a genuine thought process; if I'm mafia here and Delta is town I would probably want to vote Delta here, he feels like an easier push than other people who have been present so far. So when I feel like you decided he's scum and then made up the reasons it's concerning to me.
I didn't do that, it was an authentic read I made. The term I used wasn't accurate, and I get the sense that the term I used is partly why you don't trust my read. As for your point about easy pushes, that's just speculation. At the time of its conception my scumread of DeltaWave was completely original, with BBT agreeing later. Besides, that argument assumes Town!Delta in its very logic.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Fri Aug 19, 2022 7:58 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 186, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 184, Ausuka wrote:I'm aware, and I'm not as confident about this as I would be if you had made such a read later in the game. But I'm just saying it doesn't seem like your read on Delta came from a genuine thought process; if I'm mafia here and Delta is town I would probably want to vote Delta here, he feels like an easier push than other people who have been present so far. So when I feel like you decided he's scum and then made up the reasons it's concerning to me.
I didn't do that, it was an authentic read I made. The term I used wasn't accurate, and I get the sense that the term I used is partly why you don't trust my read. As for your point about easy pushes, that's just speculation. At the time of its conception my scumread of DeltaWave was completely original, with BBT agreeing later. Besides, that argument assumes Town!Delta in its very logic.
Edit: I see you acknowledged that it assumes Town!Delta
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:00 am

Post by Ausuka »

I acknowledge that, but I think even if other people hadn't really pushed there yet a scum player would likely realise there's room to push him without much pushack. I suppose it's not a particularly productive argument to be having at this stage.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:03 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 188, Ausuka wrote:I acknowledge that, but I think even if other people hadn't really pushed there yet a scum player would likely realise there's room to push him without much pushack. I suppose it's not a particularly productive argument to be having at this stage.
I was about to respond that I don't have an internal 'is this player an easy mislim' filter, but I realised mid-thought that I actually do, and categorised Gandhi and Hoppip as such earlier this game. DeltaWave didn't seem that way to me.
hoppip
hoppip
He/Him
Townie
hoppip
He/Him
Townie
Townie

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:27 am

Post by hoppip »

In post 97, Ausuka wrote:
In post 69, hoppip wrote:
In post 5, Ausuka wrote:VOTE: BBT

Hoppip I like your username let's be bffs
Oops, I missed this earlier! I don't mind if you pocket me today, so sure! :D
thanks bestie
In post 91, hoppip wrote:
In post 87, Nuclear Gandhi wrote:
In post 82, hoppip wrote:
In post 76, DeltaWave wrote:
In post 73, hoppip wrote:
In post 67, DeltaWave wrote:
In post 40, inutile wrote: i would rather this not continue to detract from us finding mafias
This has big "how do you do fellow kids" energy

VOTE: Inutile
What do you think of the rest of its posts?
frankly most of it confuses me and it seems like lots of weird rationalizations. unless this user is normally on edge all the time, it looks bad
Hmm...I suppose that's fair. But I'm not so sure that "looks bad" is the same as "looks scummy." For instance, I think it looks bad that you're shading Inutile for superficial reasons. But do you think that's scummy?
Shading can only be done by wolves? Unless I've a misunderstanding of the word, I don't quite understand how you could not wolfread DeltaWave if you genuinely think they're shading someone.
This could be Chainsaw Defense done by you, but as that wiki says - Chainsawing is mostly likely if you and inutile are both wolves here, so it's not all that damning for you unless inutile flips red. :shifty:
Hi Nuclear Ghandi! Can you read my post again? It looks like you missed the point of what I was saying. :oops:
Hoppip would you say you're trying to shift your playstyle on this alt? I'm not asking you to out your main or anything but I think it'd be useful to know
Not really, my old account didn't see that much use and I wanted a fresh aesthetic.
hoppip
hoppip
He/Him
Townie
hoppip
He/Him
Townie
Townie

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:48 am

Post by hoppip »

In post 156, Gamma Emerald wrote:

Vote Count 1.2Nuclear Gandhi (3): Eiralox, Greeting, Frogsterking
inutile (2): DeltaWave, Nuclear Gandhi
DeltaWave (2): furtiveglance, BlueBloodedToffee
furtiveglance (1): Ausuka

Not Voting: Juice, inutile, Mohab500, hoppip, hutmeil

With 13 alive it takes 7 votes to forcibly remove a player.

Day 1 ends in (expired on 2022-08-28 15:00:00)
This flavor slaps fr
In post 157, Greeting wrote:
In post 141, Frogsterking wrote:Do what I said or I won't explain ANYTHING to you.

Spoiler: ???
Yes, daddy.
Not me thinking the same thing when I read that :lol:
hoppip
hoppip
He/Him
Townie
hoppip
He/Him
Townie
Townie

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:33 am

Post by hoppip »

Spoiler:
In post 171, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 163, Ausuka wrote:
In post 143, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 120, Ausuka wrote:
In post 113, furtiveglance wrote:Here are some reads of mine.

Consensus (or close to consensus) reads I have:

Frogsterking, Ausuka, Inutile, Hoppip Town

Reads that aren't consensus (I think):

Nuclear Ghandhi Town, Mohab sus, DeltaWave sus
In post 67, DeltaWave wrote:
In post 40, inutile wrote: i would rather this not continue to detract from us finding mafias
This has big "how do you do fellow kids" energy

VOTE: Inutile
I sus DeltaWave for this, and I think their delayed omgus style interaction with hoppip () also is mafia.

VOTE: DeltaWave
I'd like if you could elaborate on your townreads.

Can you elaborate on your thoughts on 83 as well? I really do not see what you're seeing there
I missed this intially because I posted right after. I townread you for the progression on inutile, it looked natural. Frogsterking is making a lot of reads early on which I usually find towny. Inutile and Hoppip both just seem to have an innocent kind of energy, I can see their approaches to the game being from a town perspective.

interested me because DeltaWave says Hoppip is acting sus after their interaction in , in which Hoppip said DeltaWave 'shaded Inutile for superficial reasons', which is what it looked like to me as well. Hence I called it a delayed omgus.
Ok, the townreads don't do a lot for me but to be fair it is very early in the game, so

I don't think hoppip was really calling Delta suspicious in post 82. He seemed to be saying that Delta's point is bad but he's not necessarily scum for it. In any case, I'm still not really sure what you mean and why you find it suspicious - it's only one post after so not really delayed, and anyway don't you think town could suspect someone who they're in some sort of confrontation with? The idea of 'delayed omgus' just feels off to me honestly.
Ok, you're right that delayed omgus isn't the right term. It's a knee-jerk reaction nonetheless, it felt to me that DeltaWave didn't want to allow Hoppip to put a bit of sus on them without getting the last word. As to whether or not Hoppip did put sus on DeltaWave, I would argue the answer is yes, whether intentional or otherwise. They said that DeltaWave 'looked bad' to them. So I read into that a bit, I thought DeltaWave looked worse from the whole interaction. I understand your issue with buzzwords like 'omgus', I have the same thing. But in this case I thought it was notable that DeltaWave didn't let it slide, they said they would respond later but made the point of saying that hoppip was being 'somewhat sus'.

Delta wanting to get the last word was interesting to me. Makes it seem like it was for the sake of their ego rather than agenda-driven. I get the feeling that they tend to suspect people based on their own perspective of how Mafia should be played instead of an individual player-to-player basis.

When I get some free time, I'll look through their past games and see if this is something that they can recreate in their scum games.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:42 am

Post by Frogsterking »

I believe this might clear up how I'm reading some things: I believe Gandhi is manipulative because they're charismatic. I realize now I'm probably projecting a lot of other negative qualities that aren't there onto Gandhi because of my cynicism. For example I started to believe that the LHF or mislim bait qualities were a deception, and now I realize that it's unlikely Gandhi is faking those qualities.

That being said, I only partially agree with furtiveglance about the classification of Gandhi as mislim bait/LHF. I agree that those qualities are there, however, I also believe Gandhi shouldn't be classified that way because they're significantly more charismatic than those slots usually are, and that makes Gandhi more potentially dangerous as either alignment.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:19 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 111, Nuclear Gandhi wrote:
In post 107, Frogsterking wrote:@Ghandi

Spoiler:
In post 26, inutile wrote:
In post 25, Ausuka wrote:What does this mean?
oh i was asking if you had/have a feeling because i might have had/currently have a feeling

but not alignment related, so! more a wondering aloud

In post 25, Ausuka wrote:Not sure what you're trying to say here.
was saying it felt like a sort of

"this is how to post at the beginning of the game" thing

like especially the first post is textbook "how to rvs"
In post 27, inutile wrote:
though i am now kinda curious what else you could have thought i was trying to say there
(also to me i am simply saying it not trying to say but i understand that i am often unclear and am happy to clarify)
In post 31, inutile wrote:
In post 29, Ausuka wrote:Ok, am I mafia?
i mean, you could be??

i wasn't saying that out of context i was thinking about the question you were asked about your opener and your response to it
In post 33, inutile wrote:
In post 32, Ausuka wrote:
though i am now kinda curious what else you could have thought i was trying to say there (also to me i am simply saying it not trying to say but i understand that i am often unclear and am happy to clarify)
I didn't really know. I mean, I think talking about my opener being textbook RVS seems somewhat nonsensical? It's the very start of the game, there aren't many options.

I don't really have a feeling about hoppip. Maybe I will later, idk.

Pedit: I'm trying to ask, like, what are you getting at with what you're saying? Were you just narrating my play?
you made very common opener, which you were aware of and said when asked
i guess i was thinking through the noteworthiness of nuclear gandhi's questioning of it and your response to it

shrug

i guess i don't really understand as it still kinda feels like you're just doing the engagement thing with me but that's more player indicative and not alignment indicative so
In post 35, inutile wrote:
In post 33, inutile wrote:
In post 32, Ausuka wrote:
though i am now kinda curious what else you could have thought i was trying to say there (also to me i am simply saying it not trying to say but i understand that i am often unclear and am happy to clarify)
I didn't really know. I mean, I think talking about my opener being textbook RVS seems somewhat nonsensical? It's the very start of the game, there aren't many options.

I don't really have a feeling about hoppip. Maybe I will later, idk.

Pedit: I'm trying to ask, like, what are you getting at with what you're saying? Were you just narrating my play?
you made very common opener, which you were aware of and said when asked, i guess i was thinking through the noteworthiness of nuclear gandhi's questioning of it and your response to it

shrug

i guess i don't really understand as it still kinda feels like you're just doing the engagement thing with me but that's more player indicative and not alignment indicative so
like it's not like i thought

"and now i will narrate ausuka's play"

but if you want to describe my posting that way you probable can it's not not applicable ya know
Let me colorize how I see their posts (look in your spoiler in the quote of this post):
Neutral
- Just neutral commentary.
Active
- Aggressive, Confrontational, "Fighting" as you called it. Lacking the word for it, but simply put the opposite of Defensive.
Defensive
- Trying to defuse the situation (attention away from them)
Neutral/Defensive

Neutral/Active

I see most of what you quoted bordering between neutral commentary and trying to defuse the situation in a "nothing to see here" sense.
I sincerely don't see the "fighting" that you see in the inutile's posts which you quoted.
We can agree to disagree, but perhaps you can color the same way as I did the same posts you quoted, or alternatively describe in your own words why the quotes you posted felt like "fighting" to you? We see it so opposite, clearly one has to be wrong. :neutral:
This argument is semantic. I don't care how you qualify inutile's words. Their willingness to engage in a dialogue with Ausuka, whatever you want to call it, is what I'm Townreading them for. They obviously didn't want to defuse the situation that much because they remained in the thread responding to Ausuka. If they wanted to disappear they could have just lurked out.

I also have a limited tolerance for posts like because they indicate that you're more concerned with micromanaging your self image than you are with correctly identifying who is Town and who is scum.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:47 am

Post by Frogsterking »

@furtiveglance

I should have @ to you as well for clarity's sake, I had you and your Gandhi read in mind when I wrote it.

I also wanted to say that the reason BBT is more aggressive than you about the Ghandi read is because of this interaction:
In post 131, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Can you show examples of Ghandi being manipulative please?
In post 139, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
I mean, you're saying he is being manipulative and I'm just asking you to show it? Why is that so difficult?
BBT seems more reckless about how they are connecting themselves with the Gandhi slot. The point Eir was making is that you're taking a more conscientious approach with your Gandhi read. I think it's NAI for you because you're taking a more conscientious approach to a lot of things, and at the same time I can see the solving intent behind Eir's read and I also agree that there is danger of townreading Gandhi too quickly.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:37 pm

Post by Greeting »

In post 191, hoppip wrote:[quote="In
In post 157, Greeting wrote:
In post 141, Frogsterking wrote:Do what I said or I won't explain ANYTHING to you.

Spoiler: ???
Yes, daddy.
Not me thinking the same thing when I read that :lol:
Of all the posts I made this game, this is the one you found the most interesting?
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:45 pm

Post by Greeting »

I see a lot of talk about
DeltaWave
and they're definitely in the PoE for me. The ISO is quite shallow, when at this point there's more than enough content to make deeper reads. Not going to lie,
intuile
is probably my strongest townlean for now, and the fact that this is the player
DeltaWave
has been so focused in this game makes him look worse in my eyes.

I suppose I agree with him that
hoppip
is sus, and
Ausuka
is town, but my gut tells me that something's not right here.
In post 151, DeltaWave wrote:i'm actually interested in hearing from the sideliners since this has mostly been the same few active people talking
I'd be actually very much interested in hearing more from you.
inutile
inutile
it
Goon
inutile
it
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: it

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:58 pm

Post by inutile »

hmm let's see let's see let us see
because none of you know what you want follow me because i'm not going anywhere i'll just bleed so the stars can have something dark to shine in
inutile
inutile
it
Goon
inutile
it
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: it

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:59 pm

Post by inutile »

In post 104, Nuclear Gandhi wrote:But perhaps you can explain to me why would the thought "how much I tried to appeared towny?" pop in a townies thought process
it didn't 'pop into my thought process' tho?? i was simply responding to deltawave saying they thought i might have been trying too hard to look town
because none of you know what you want follow me because i'm not going anywhere i'll just bleed so the stars can have something dark to shine in

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”