Eiralox
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:01 pm

Post by Eiralox »

In post 399, Eiralox wrote:by game related i don't mean asking people to do something but proactively hunting yourself. asking others to hunt while you aren't doing much hunting yourself is by default not a game-advancing strategy in my mind. I can bear lurkers. what always pings me tho is lurkey slots accusing other slots of being lurkey. if those slots vote there.... well then my ping becomes a bell tolling in my skull.

cos i get inutile seemed very, very very scummy the first few pages. I shared that vibe. But through later actions inutile remains in my townlocks. So would scum hopip focus like this on inutile? not a factor in my analyses.
In general, in wording, by votes, I just have no idea what inutile is thinking or doing. And it feels.... did Ausuka say slimy? Sorta?

well......
correction lol XD XD

*no idea what hopip is doing, not inutile XD Egh. Ok, bye for now brain fuzzy.
hutmeil
hutmeil
He
Goon
hutmeil
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Tue Aug 23, 2022 12:41 am

Post by hutmeil »

Initially I gave Juice the benefit of the doubt (late RVS??). Then the slot voted Delta which I town lean, then town reads Ausuka for no given reason.

VOTE: Juice

As for the other slots, I'm willing to give a pass since it's still D1.

This is E-1 (if I counted correctly).
Eiralox
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Tue Aug 23, 2022 12:43 am

Post by Eiralox »

????????????????????????????????
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Tue Aug 23, 2022 12:45 am

Post by Frogsterking »

UNVOTE: juice
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
hutmeil
hutmeil
He
Goon
hutmeil
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Tue Aug 23, 2022 12:53 am

Post by hutmeil »

In post 403, Frogsterking wrote:UNVOTE: juice
Nice. I guess townie points for you. I'm still waiting for your survey though.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Tue Aug 23, 2022 12:54 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 404, hutmeil wrote:
In post 403, Frogsterking wrote:UNVOTE: juice
Nice. I guess townie points for you. I'm still waiting for your survey though.
They call me The Flash hurr hurr
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
hutmeil
hutmeil
He
Goon
hutmeil
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Tue Aug 23, 2022 12:56 am

Post by hutmeil »

Lol okay, but isn't that Batman in your profile pic?
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Tue Aug 23, 2022 1:13 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 401, hutmeil wrote:Initially I gave Juice the benefit of the doubt (late RVS??). Then the slot voted Delta which I town lean, then town reads Ausuka for no given reason.

What are your reads on other players
No matter what happens, I'll be right there with you.
hutmeil
hutmeil
He
Goon
hutmeil
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Tue Aug 23, 2022 2:07 am

Post by hutmeil »

In post 407, Ausuka wrote:What are your reads on other players
Not gonna do a comprehensive one, but here's my readslist:

[Obviously!]
hutmeil

[The they make sense list (at least for me) and are actively trying to solve things]
Frogsterking
inutile
Eiralox
DeltaWave
Ausuka

[The not so active but presented enough information to get a pass on D1]
furtiveglance
Greeting
Nuclear Gandhi
Mohab500
BlueBloodedToffee
hoppip

[Already explained this. Basically, the slot lurks but is good enough for an elim because he has voted and given his read, so we can get some info next day]
Juice
DeltaWave
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her/hers

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Tue Aug 23, 2022 2:19 am

Post by DeltaWave »

if juice gets to E-1 again I will temporarily unvote. i don't want to waste the rest of the day. please do not bring juice to E-1 just yet.
When there's trouble, you call DW.

"For pure will, unassuaged of purpose, delivered from the lust of result, is every way perfect."
DeltaWave
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Tue Aug 23, 2022 2:24 am

Post by DeltaWave »

don't get me wrong, i'm fine with a juice elim. it's just that we have like 6 days left in d1 and it makes no sense to end it now.

"For pure will, unassuaged of purpose, delivered from the lust of result, is every way perfect."
DeltaWave
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Tue Aug 23, 2022 2:28 am

Post by DeltaWave »

could someone kindly explain to me what the hubbub is about nuclear, because i still frankly do not understand what went on in the first 10 pages with this wagon

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Tue Aug 23, 2022 2:52 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Vote Count 1.5Juice (5): furtiveglance, DeltaWave, hoppip, BlueBloodedToffee, hutmeil
Hoppip (2): Ausuka, Eiralox
DeltaWave (1): Juice
Frogsterking (1): Nuclear Gandhi

Not Voting: inutile, Mohab500, Greeting, Frogsterking

With 13 alive it takes 7 votes to forcibly remove a player.

Day 1 ends in (expired on 2022-08-28 15:00:00)

Mod notes:
Greeting is V/LA until Saturday
Juice was prodded yesterday
I am making an addition the the rules that after V/LA ends, the time to post game-advancing content before a prod is dependent on whether any was posted during the V/LA period. 24 hours if no game-advancing content was posted, 48 hours if it was.
Last edited by Gamma Emerald on Tue Aug 23, 2022 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
inutile
inutile
it
Goon
inutile
it
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: it

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Tue Aug 23, 2022 2:56 am

Post by inutile »

In post 411, DeltaWave wrote:could someone kindly explain to me what the hubbub is about nuclear, because i still frankly do not understand what went on in the first 10 pages with this wagon
do you think nuclear gandhi has been towny since being wagoned?

like yea the wagon has largely gone away but in that time nuclear gandhi has made one post about the first four pages which was a whole change of approach from previous posting

so is the extent of your thoughts on nuclear gandhi still dunno why they were wagoned?
because none of you know what you want follow me because i'm not going anywhere i'll just bleed so the stars can have something dark to shine in
inutile
inutile
it
Goon
inutile
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Tue Aug 23, 2022 2:58 am

Post by inutile »

In post 401, hutmeil wrote:Initially I gave Juice the benefit of the doubt (late RVS??). Then the slot voted Delta which I town lean, then town reads Ausuka for no given reason.

at least you counted correctly

this sort of thing a large part of why i vote the way i do
because none of you know what you want follow me because i'm not going anywhere i'll just bleed so the stars can have something dark to shine in
DeltaWave
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Tue Aug 23, 2022 3:02 am

Post by DeltaWave »

In post 413, inutile wrote:
In post 411, DeltaWave wrote:could someone kindly explain to me what the hubbub is about nuclear, because i still frankly do not understand what went on in the first 10 pages with this wagon

like yea the wagon has largely gone away but in that time nuclear gandhi has made one post about the first four pages which was a whole change of approach from previous posting

so is the extent of your thoughts on nuclear gandhi still dunno why they were wagoned?
i'm going to ISO nuclear after work and share some thoughts.

the part that confuses me about the wagon is that there were such immediate polar reactions and i couldn't figure out where that was coming from.

inutile
inutile
it
Goon
inutile
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Tue Aug 23, 2022 3:04 am

Post by inutile »

In post 390, Eiralox wrote:i kinda agree with ausuka. in general i like to play within the time we have, like give it at least three more days. i'm a fan of no exes on many day ones but i'm very certain that's not a thing that easily gains traction here so I rarely mention it, or rarely self-meta.

Can Juice be scum? Yes.

Are there slots that................................... have flown under the radar? Definitely. Ghandi has given me no satisfaction thus far. and many others besides.

So @juice if u town u gotta talk yo
in most cases eliminating someone and not eliminating someone day one both use one of our potential eliminations due to player count so it is almost always correct to eliminate someone

however i would also like to use as much of our time as we can reasonably
inutile
inutile
it
Goon
inutile
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Tue Aug 23, 2022 3:13 am

Post by inutile »

In post 415, DeltaWave wrote:
In post 413, inutile wrote:

i'm going to ISO nuclear after work and share some thoughts.

the part that confuses me about the wagon is that there were such immediate polar reactions and i couldn't figure out where that was coming from.
i mean, nuclear gandhi was focusing on wording in a way that felt like they simply wanted to say ‘inutile is a mafia!’ not to figure out if i was; like for you it was like, it’s similar to me as newbie mafia therefore mafia, which doesn’t really make sense but can kinda see how you might have gotten there but nuclear gandhi was pushing me for responding to you saying i might have been trying to look town while completely ignoring the context of my statement (and now with more information i know they viewed me as an easy elimination at the time)

so it is like, hm
inutile
inutile
it
Goon
inutile
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Tue Aug 23, 2022 3:21 am

Post by inutile »

In post 408, hutmeil wrote:[Already explained this. Basically, the slot lurks but is good enough for an elim because he has voted and given his read, so we can get some info next day]
Juice
what info do you think we would get here?

like had you counted incorrectly and hammered juice,

what would a green flip mean about others? a red flip?
inutile
inutile
it
Goon
inutile
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Tue Aug 23, 2022 3:25 am

Post by inutile »

In post 415, DeltaWave wrote:the part that confuses me about the wagon is that there were such immediate polar reactions and i couldn't figure out where that was coming from.
also your wagon felt possibly a reaction to nuclear gandhi's wagon and it seems odd to me that you seem to have dismissed that possibility
DeltaWave
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Tue Aug 23, 2022 3:29 am

Post by DeltaWave »

In post 419, inutile wrote:
In post 415, DeltaWave wrote:the part that confuses me about the wagon is that there were such immediate polar reactions and i couldn't figure out where that was coming from.
also your wagon felt possibly a reaction to nuclear gandhi's wagon and it seems odd to me that you seem to have dismissed that possibility
i actually think i pointed that out with BBT's vote. i dont think furtive is scum but bbt hopping on when they did and why they did was sus to me.

inutile
inutile
it
Goon
inutile
it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Tue Aug 23, 2022 3:33 am

Post by inutile »

In post 420, DeltaWave wrote:
In post 419, inutile wrote:
i actually think i pointed that out with BBT's vote. i dont think furtive is scum but bbt hopping on when they did and why they did was sus to me.
oh i guess i missed that, or at least missed you connecting it to the timing of it and it’s potential relationship with nuclear gandhi’s wagon,

hmhmhm
Eiralox
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Eiralox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Tue Aug 23, 2022 4:04 am

Post by Eiralox »

In post 412, Gamma Emerald wrote:

Vote Count 1.5Juice (5): furtiveglance, DeltaWave, hoppip, BlueBloodedToffee, hutmeil
Eiralox (2): Ausuka, Eiralox
DeltaWave (1): Juice
Frogsterking (1): Nuclear Gandhi

Not Voting: inutile, Mohab500, Greeting, Frogsterking

With 13 alive it takes 7 votes to forcibly remove a player.

Day 1 ends in (expired on 2022-08-28 15:00:00)

Mod notes:
Greeting is V/LA until Saturday
Juice was prodded yesterday
I am making an addition the the rules that after V/LA ends, the time to post game-advancing content before a prod is dependent on whether any was posted during the V/LA period. 24 hours if no game-advancing content was posted, 48 hours if it was.
Eiralox>hoppip
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Tue Aug 23, 2022 4:20 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

In post 140, DeltaWave wrote:
In post 131, BlueBloodedToffee wrote: Just walk me through your thought process here? Most of the posts confuse you (why is that scummy?) but you understand enough to say that their rationalising is weird? You either understand or you don't, it can't be both. Can you show some of their weird rationalising and explain why it's weird?
yeah sure. it's weird because it confuses me and it confuses me because it's weird. if I just started spouting gibberish you could call it weird even if it made no sense to you. not sure what your angle is here. e.g. the various walls of text inutile has posted.
OK, couple of things;

I understand it's weird because it confuses you and it confuses you because it's weird. What I don't understand is where the scum read comes from because confusing =/= scummy. Can you try and explain this part again? I also asked you to show me some of the rationalising and explain why it was weird. You actually didn't answer either of my questions despite all the words.
In post 150, DeltaWave wrote: idk this is very reminiscent of how I played scum when I first started playing mafia. i'm not going to tunnel on him but i do feel it's suspect
Why did you feel the need to qualify the last sentence with 'I'm not going to tunnel on him...'?
In post 159, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 92, Mohab500 wrote:
Vote: Inutile
I am just on the wagon, trying to lynch some rando early on good strat
How is this town? Eliminating some rando.....that's a low chance of success. Plus the use of 'just' - it's a minimiser. Mohab doesn't want to be looked at too closely for bandwagoning, and justifies it pre-emptively.
More good posting from Furtive.
In post 160, Eiralox wrote:I have my reasons. No one's going to vote Mohab. Ghandi is still blatant scum. looking for the partners.
Explain either of these? Can you at least counter Furtive's point on Mohab? Have you explained why Gandhi is blatant scum?
In post 166, Ausuka wrote: It's mostly vibes. The main thing I would say I don't like is his post pushing delta, more specifically I think the thing about "delayed omgus" feels artificial and I think is unlikely to come from a natural thought process.
Hmm, OK I disagree with this. I thought his post regarding Delta was pretty decent and was something I picked up on initially as well. The 'delayed OMGUS' was a bad term to use, sure, but doesn't negate his point.

Do you disagree that Hoppip calls Delta's post 'bad' and Delta responds by saying Hoppip is 'sus'?
In post 170, Eiralox wrote: Im not sharing. And i'm starting to think you and ghandi are together. I don't like toffee's entrance or wrong read on frogster but I can still sort of see town there. But you? Toffee's defense of Ghandi is blatant, yours isn't and that wearies me.
What defence of Gandhi are you talking about?
In post 184, Ausuka wrote:I'm aware, and I'm not as confident about this as I would be if you had made such a read later in the game. But I'm just saying it doesn't seem like your read on Delta came from a genuine thought process; if I'm mafia here and Delta is town I would probably want to vote Delta here, he feels like an easier push than other people who have been present so far. So when I feel like you decided he's scum and then made up the reasons it's concerning to me.
Why does Delta feel like an easy push? Why can't an easy push still be on scum?
In post 193, Frogsterking wrote:I believe this might clear up how I'm reading some things: I believe Gandhi is manipulative because they're charismatic. I realize now I'm probably projecting a lot of other negative qualities that aren't there onto Gandhi because of my cynicism. For example I started to believe that the LHF or mislim bait qualities were a deception, and now I realize that it's unlikely Gandhi is faking those qualities.

That being said, I only partially agree with furtiveglance about the classification of Gandhi as mislim bait/LHF. I agree that those qualities are there, however, I also believe Gandhi shouldn't be classified that way because they're significantly more charismatic than those slots usually are, and that makes Gandhi more potentially dangerous as either alignment.
Where did you pick up that Gandhi was LHF or mislim bait?
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Tue Aug 23, 2022 4:44 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

In post 217, Juice wrote:just a random vote - just looked at the player list and voted during RVS.
This is scum. Commenting on a post directly related to them whilst engaging with nothing else in thread.
In post 219, DeltaWave wrote: i'm standing by my position that inutile is sus and i really don't care that it's making people scumread me. i'm not going to back off what i think is my best read right now because it's unpopular or it might get me eliminated. clearly, an inutile elimination is not going to happen right now based on how people are reading her but i don't operate on consensus like that. i truly do not understand why people see inutile as town. as i said before, if there's evidence that she always plays this way (even as town) then my tune might change but to date, nobody has done so unless I somehow missed it. you can think i'm mafia all you want but i would have picked a safer bet than this if that was the case. if you really think that mafia will wagon popular players instead of killing them at night i dont know what to tell you.
You see, when you first pushed Inutile in thread I actually thought that was a pretty townie thing; going against the grain of the thread. However, the fact you have now acknowledged this yourself and given the whole 'I dont care if I'm scum read for my outlandish scum read' schtick, I really, really can't emphasise how much I dislike this post. You're clearly aware of how thread direction and thread flow works and how certain actions should be perceived (as you have alluded to more than once already.) I would imagine you were hoping to pick up town reads from going against the grain and because nobody outwardly spoke about it or mentioned it, you have felt the need to bring it up yourself. It all feels pre-meditated.
In post 219, DeltaWave wrote: bbt, on the other hand, strikes me as someone who wanted to piggyback off furtive's reasoning to join a relatively uncontroversial wagon that coincidentally targets the main person campaigning against inutile.

i wouldn't be terribly surprised if it's inutile/juice/bbt, assuming a standard 10:3 split.
I very openly stated I liked Furtive's post regarding you, so it 'striking' you seems apt, given you know, I openly stated it. Further, why is your wagon 'uncontroversial'?
In post 224, DeltaWave wrote: well you never know but you are most likely right, inutile is not going to be eliminated today. i'd like to hear more from juice before i decide. BBT has also been somewhat absent, mostly just throwing a vote out there and hanging back. bbt's read list also looks incredibly "safe" and non-controversial.
In what way was my reads list safe? Was it safer than the reads list you just posted?

I believe I was the only person scum reading Frog when I posted my reads - how is that safe? Same for Eira as well, actually.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”