Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #1475 (ISO) » Tue Aug 23, 2022 11:43 am

Post by Radical Rat »

In post 1419, Loki Dokie wrote:
In post 1416, Roden wrote:I'm just struggling to figure out how to participate without inducing WIFOM by just existing

I feel like I'm in a weird spot where anything I say is going to get interpreted as being way more layered than it actually is. Some of the votes on Dann were made because of a pre-flipped read on me and looking too deeply into my town read on him. Idk, I don't want to ruin the game by centralizing who to vote for over things that are in my ISO.
So your argument is that you waited to vote Kuti once GL had already put him to e-1 not to wifom scum? Your vote did absolutely nothing to help Dann atp because had I voted Kuti, it would have been a tie and the earlier tie always wins, so I think for that to have really made any sense, you wouldn’t have waited until it was extremely likely too late to save him.
In post 1420, Loki Dokie wrote:
In post 1388, Vulture wrote:You do realize that no one in this game is a mindreader right. Your analysis doesn’t mean a lot unless you present why and I’ve like mortally offended you by asking to see why. I don’t get it lol.
In post 1389, Vulture wrote:Personality things tho I guess.
I can assure you Vulture, I have absolutely nothing personally against you, I just don’t tr you. :]
In post 1415, Vivax wrote:
In post 1388, Vulture wrote:
You do realize that no one in this game is a mindreader right.
Your analysis doesn’t mean a lot unless you present why and I’ve like mortally offended you by asking to see why. I don’t get it lol.
Aw not this again after all I've went through to prove otherwise, sometimes more sometimes less
I shouldn't have an incentive to convince you otherwise
But neurologically, the causality of electric potentials being given specific qualia isn't explainable from the assumption that there isn't something undetectable by technical means they correlate with
This isn't even a novelty in the field :yawn:

Back on topic:
Roden, Bell, you being the last ones here presumably

Looks like it was just Loki and Vivax, but including myself that makes half of us here.
Maybe the real Mafia was the friends we made along the way

Shiny and new GTKAS thread!
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1476 (ISO) » Tue Aug 23, 2022 11:44 am

Post by Radical Rat »

In post 1470, fireisredsir wrote:can you point out what posts from others made you think that people were leaning that way?
Now may I ask what relevancy this exercise had?

Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1477 (ISO) » Tue Aug 23, 2022 11:44 am

Post by Radical Rat »

In post 1474, Aristeia wrote:it kind of almost feels like RR is in the same position Bell was in on D1
And what position is that?

fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1478 (ISO) » Tue Aug 23, 2022 11:50 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 1476, Radical Rat wrote:
In post 1470, fireisredsir wrote:can you point out what posts from others made you think that people were leaning that way?
its relevant to whether that was a real thought that you had or if you were just trying to align yourself with loki
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1479 (ISO) » Tue Aug 23, 2022 11:53 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 1473, Vivax wrote:
In post 1464, fireisredsir wrote:also this is off topic but yk the little symbol that shows on the thread when its night? i had never looked at it closely enough to see that its a moon

i thought it was an oreo

idk why i just accepted that as normal and never questioned it
Obvious lie ik who you are but you‘re masking up
Scary at this game and intriguing
i am me, and whoever you think i am is probably not me

i do aspire to someday be both of those descriptors but i don't think i am yet
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1480 (ISO) » Tue Aug 23, 2022 11:56 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 1478, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 1476, Radical Rat wrote:
its relevant to whether that was a real thought that you had or if you were just trying to align yourself with loki
i also just wanted to prod at it a lil bit bc that wasn't the reaction i had at all, since my solve has been the same since d1 and nothing has happened to change it, including this test

so i was interested in why you seemed to think that thought was one that would be shared by the town
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1481 (ISO) » Tue Aug 23, 2022 12:05 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 1400, GuiltyLion wrote:I still scumread Rat/Roden otherwise. I shouldn't confbias but tbh I could see a kuti/Bell/Roden/Rat team making that Dann-kuti test and hoping we fuck it up, which we did. Rat kinda easily let me talk them onto Dann and I haven't checked this to confirm yet but it felt like Roden didn't vote kuti until Dann clearly had more momentum. If I'm wrong on one of them I could see a world with Vulture scum I guess, but less confident on a SR there.
Rat also didn't quote this post from me

I am not sure whether scum or town is more likely to miss this though - I almost think if town they're more likely to forget my reads than scum who would (presumably) be looking over all of town's reads to try to figure out the best possible tests remaining
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1482 (ISO) » Tue Aug 23, 2022 12:07 pm

Post by Aristeia »

In post 1477, Radical Rat wrote:
In post 1474, Aristeia wrote:it kind of almost feels like RR is in the same position Bell was in on D1

cornered mafia who is aware of their own position
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1483 (ISO) » Tue Aug 23, 2022 12:08 pm

Post by Radical Rat »

In post 1481, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 1400, GuiltyLion wrote:I still scumread Rat/Roden otherwise. I shouldn't confbias but tbh I could see a kuti/Bell/Roden/Rat team making that Dann-kuti test and hoping we fuck it up, which we did. Rat kinda easily let me talk them onto Dann and I haven't checked this to confirm yet but it felt like Roden didn't vote kuti until Dann clearly had more momentum. If I'm wrong on one of them I could see a world with Vulture scum I guess, but less confident on a SR there.
Rat also didn't quote this post from me

I am not sure whether scum or town is more likely to miss this though - I almost think if town they're more likely to forget my reads than scum who would (presumably) be looking over all of town's reads to try to figure out the best possible tests remaining
I was skimming through and saw the first bit, thought "Me/Roden isn't Vulture/Roden" and moved on

Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1484 (ISO) » Tue Aug 23, 2022 12:10 pm

Post by Radical Rat »

In post 1482, Aristeia wrote:
In post 1477, Radical Rat wrote:

cornered mafia who is aware of their own position
Bell wasn't cornered D1 though?

GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1485 (ISO) » Tue Aug 23, 2022 12:11 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

also I started re-ISOing Greeting and I'm remembering how much I didn't like their initial play and reads lol

the tunnel on Rat was just so contrived, I could see it as either distancing or pushing a miselim but maaaan I did not like that read justification
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1486 (ISO) » Tue Aug 23, 2022 12:12 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

Greeting also has really superficial interactions with kuti/Bell, talks to each of them about past experience/games but really doesn't do much by way of pressuring, sorting, giving-a-read-on, etc
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1487 (ISO) » Tue Aug 23, 2022 12:14 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 1485, GuiltyLion wrote:also I started re-ISOing Greeting and I'm remembering how much I didn't like their initial play and reads lol

the tunnel on Rat was just so contrived, I could see it as either distancing or pushing a miselim but maaaan I did not like that read justification
i just did the same lol
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1488 (ISO) » Tue Aug 23, 2022 12:19 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 407, Greeting wrote:Okay, well, I think
KittyTacky
is more likely town than scum.

Posts , are made by town and exhibit a towny mindset. Plus this registers in my mind as something
KittyTacky
would say. So yeah, he's out of the PoE for Day 1.
this post was also really bad

i thought i remembered someone calling it out but idr who
Vivax
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Vivax
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #1489 (ISO) » Tue Aug 23, 2022 12:21 pm

Post by Vivax »

In post 1479, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 1473, Vivax wrote:
In post 1464, fireisredsir wrote:also this is off topic but yk the little symbol that shows on the thread when its night? i had never looked at it closely enough to see that its a moon

i thought it was an oreo

idk why i just accepted that as normal and never questioned it
Obvious lie ik who you are but you‘re masking up
Scary at this game and intriguing
i am me, and whoever you think i am is probably not me

i do aspire to someday be both of those descriptors but i don't think i am yet
im half delirant rn cuz health, but you are usually paler
and I don‘t think that’s something worth aspiring to said from someone born that way
unless you think self isolation cuz too alien is fun
Loki Dokie
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1490 (ISO) » Tue Aug 23, 2022 12:21 pm

Post by Loki Dokie »

In post 1459, Datisi wrote:
Roden and Vulture are found unconscious. a gun with one bullet lies in between the two of them.

it is now day 4.
Oh wow, from two of my trs to to of my scumreads. :/

It won’t be as easy as last time.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1491 (ISO) » Tue Aug 23, 2022 12:25 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 733, Greeting wrote:I honestly think
furtiveglance
reacted the way he did in , and , because he is scum. A real townie has
no reason
to be annoyed about what happened. The most logical thing to do for a town-aligned player is to accept it and look elsewhere. And that's what almost everyone did. Or, if one still thinks that I'm scum, look into my ISO and build a better, more convincing case.
Furtiveglance
did not want to let it go.

This is my best read for Day 1. It's unfortunate that it surfaced like this and I honestly feel bad that it surfaced this way, but it looks like hard proof to me. I feel like if I choose any other player or build any other case it will still be a second-best choice.
at the time I thought this was a fairly townie read to have

both having the general thought of "scum would be annoyed that I towntold" and the depiction of feeling guilty that they believe they caught scum this way, it felt real to me

my one hang up now is that I realized in Greeting had previously said they "understand why furtive is annoyed with this", which seems fairly massively contradictory to the post quoted above

I'm not sure if I'm reaching to find more reasons to SR Greeting or if this is actually an indicative point
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1492 (ISO) » Tue Aug 23, 2022 12:25 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 1489, Vivax wrote:im half delirant rn cuz health, but you are usually paler
and I don‘t think that’s something worth aspiring to said from someone born that way
unless you think self isolation cuz too alien is fun
hope u feel better

i wouldn't call it fun, necessarily, but it is at least comfortable
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1493 (ISO) » Tue Aug 23, 2022 12:27 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 1491, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 733, Greeting wrote:I honestly think
furtiveglance
reacted the way he did in , and , because he is scum. A real townie has
no reason
to be annoyed about what happened. The most logical thing to do for a town-aligned player is to accept it and look elsewhere. And that's what almost everyone did. Or, if one still thinks that I'm scum, look into my ISO and build a better, more convincing case.
Furtiveglance
did not want to let it go.

This is my best read for Day 1. It's unfortunate that it surfaced like this and I honestly feel bad that it surfaced this way, but it looks like hard proof to me. I feel like if I choose any other player or build any other case it will still be a second-best choice.
at the time I thought this was a fairly townie read to have

both having the general thought of "scum would be annoyed that I towntold" and the depiction of feeling guilty that they believe they caught scum this way, it felt real to me

my one hang up now is that I realized in Greeting had previously said they "understand why furtive is annoyed with this", which seems fairly massively contradictory to the post quoted above

I'm not sure if I'm reaching to find more reasons to SR Greeting or if this is actually an indicative point
LOL

i mean thats pretty bad
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1494 (ISO) » Tue Aug 23, 2022 12:27 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

to be specific:
In post 589, Greeting wrote:
I understand why furtiveglance is annoyed with this
. I actually had to sub out of a game in here in the past, because I didn't accept mental health as a valid excuse and unknowingly offended other players.
Oh, and of course I made a fuss about it
In post 733, Greeting wrote:
A real townie has no reason to be annoyed about what happened
is this contradiction possible from town? the more I look at it the more I think this is the kind of 180 that only comes from scum. I don't see how both posts can be genuine simultaneously
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1495 (ISO) » Tue Aug 23, 2022 12:29 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

i will say i am a little confused at some minor points around which town scum choose for the tests so far (mostly the previous two days?) and it feels fairly suboptimal and that always worries me a little bit

but we can talk about those thoughts tomorrow if necessary, hopefully we can just get it right today and not worry about it
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1496 (ISO) » Tue Aug 23, 2022 12:33 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

actually I guess Greeting was voting/SRing furtive when they posted , so in that sense
maybe
they meant "understand" as in "I understand why scum is annoyed with this", but I'd want to check to see whatever past game Greeting is referencing whether they were town or scum. And the overall post doesn't read like Greeting thinks furtive is scum, so that wouldn't really make sense in general, and then why would they only start ramping up the intensity of the conclusion later if they thought they caught scum from the get-go?
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1497 (ISO) » Tue Aug 23, 2022 12:43 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

he was town in the referenced game
Loki Dokie
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1498 (ISO) » Tue Aug 23, 2022 12:44 pm

Post by Loki Dokie »

Pronoun: He/him
Post Post #303 (isolation #59) » Thu Aug 04, 2022 4:30 pm

In post 189, Roden wrote:
Dann's obvtown here ~ Roden

No. They aren't. ~ Bell
Possible anti-associative?
Loki Dokie
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Loki Dokie
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1499 (ISO) » Tue Aug 23, 2022 12:54 pm

Post by Loki Dokie »

In post 988, Roden wrote:Kuti vs Dann is also just ???

Unless scum are desperate to tie up the score, I don't see how Dann is ever scum here
In post 1014, Roden wrote:
In post 989, GuiltyLion wrote:Roden, if you're town and Dann is never scum here, why do you think mafia put mafia!kuti against town!Dann instead of you
Kuti is an odd choice, my only guess is that mafia needs Dann dead and that they think they can send me up against pretty much anyone and score. A dead influential townie now and a free point later isn't the worst strat in hindsight.
In post 1015, Roden wrote:
In post 1003, GuiltyLion wrote:I dunno I need to sleep on it and really articulate it but I have this knawing fear that Dann is the deep wolf and furtive/Vivax/fire/Loki/Ari is basically the town bloc and Rat and Roden are trying to go for this "the simple explanation is correct kuti is kafia" tack with like NO apparent doubt that Dann might be scum, to try to get it back to even. Why would mafia be ok with risking going down 2-0, at that point town could fluke into a win on any of the last three tests it's such a dangerous position. If I were mafia and down 1-0 I'd be putting forward what I thought was one of our best chances to win a point
It sure is fun getting accused of being bad level zero scum every single game
Roden was advocating for Kuti lim but Greeting has in both instances tried to lead us astray. They tried to rush Dann vote than gave me shit for not explaining enough my furtive tr.

It’s pretty damned obvious scum was hoping I would hard defend Bell and I could see Vulture as possible salty scum who was annoyed that went in the opposite direction.

Idk but they have been very vocal and aggressive in both pushing Dann and furtive.

Return to “Completed Open Games”