hutmeil
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2022 6:26 am

Post by hutmeil »

In post 414, inutile wrote:
In post 401, hutmeil wrote:Initially I gave Juice the benefit of the doubt (late RVS??). Then the slot voted Delta which I town lean, then town reads Ausuka for no given reason.

VOTE: Juice

As for the other slots, I'm willing to give a pass since it's still D1.

This is E-1 (if I counted correctly).
at least you counted correctly

this sort of thing a large part of why i vote the way i do
How do you vote?
In post 502, Juice wrote:
not really a read list.

more like - you jsut point out four players that have been more active.

then just everyone else.
then the person you want lynched.

quite an embarrassing list really. Also you've nearly had as many posts as me. so i'd ask how come you have a read list - but have nothing to show for it? youn sounds like mafia - looking for an easy day 1 push on someone who has been a bit AFK
Not sure if I respond to this since Juice will be replaced. Anyway, sure you are an easy day 1 push but that is all on you. You pop up on page 8 and claim it's RVS and you're not contributing anything to the game state. Last I checked, the game is about looking for scum and I find you the scummiest hence the vote.
Gandhi wrote:- 132 hutmeil what does this mean? townread whom? the person you vote? For asking "Why are you scumreading Ghandhi? Bit of a non-sequitur I know but I don't want to get into your improv stuff." ?
Oh boy, that's a few pages back already. Let me check... Ah yes, I townread Furtive because he had the same question I had in mind for Frog. Basically what I'm saying is he had the same mindset as mine (trying to solve an inconsistency). Frog was voting you but townread you at the same time. See post

Spoiler: Frog Survey
In post 481, Frogsterking wrote:Rate each descriptive statement on how well it describes you using the Likert scale (1 = strongly disagree to 5 = strongly agree).

"Get angry easily" = 3

"Take charge" = 3

"Make people feel welcome" = 4

"Like music" = 5

"Like to tidy up" = 4

"Like to visit new places" = 5

"Feel comfortable around people" = 4

"Interested in many things" = 5

"Love order and regularity" = 5

"Am afraid to draw attention to myself" = 3

"Enjoy being part of a large crowd" = 3

"Cheer people up" = 3

"Lose my temper" = 3

"Enjoy the beauty of nature" = 5

"Enjoy thinking about things" = 5

"Cheat to get ahead" = 1

"Feel desperate" = 2

"Rarely overindulge" = 3

"Easily resist temptations" = 3

"Have a high opinion of myself" = 3

"Waste my time" = 3

"Need a push to get started" = 3

"Have little to contribute" = 3

"Keep my cool" = 4

"Avoid crowds" = 5

"Turn my back on others" = 1
hutmeil
hutmeil
He
Goon
hutmeil
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2022 6:28 am

Post by hutmeil »

In post 518, Ausuka wrote:I checked his meta and while he isn't the most active player - there is *definitely* something missing here.

VOTE: hutmeil
I get the vote on me sure. Anything I can answer for you to help ease your mind?
hutmeil
hutmeil
He
Goon
hutmeil
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2022 6:33 am

Post by hutmeil »

I guess since Juice is getting replaced...

UNVOTE: Juice

I would like to hear from the slot's replacement.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2022 6:33 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 481, Frogsterking wrote:Rate each descriptive statement on how well it describes you using the Likert scale (1 = strongly disagree to 5 = strongly agree).

"Get angry easily" = 4 (it doesn't take much to irk me but I won't bring it up, I'll play it off).

"Take charge" = 3

"Make people feel welcome" = 3

"Like music" = 5

"Like to tidy up" = 1

"Like to visit new places" = 4

"Feel comfortable around people" = 2

"Am afraid to draw attention to myself" = 4

"Enjoy being part of a large crowd" = 1

"Cheer people up" = 3

"Lose my temper" = 1

"Enjoy the beauty of nature" = 4

"Cheat to get ahead" = 1

"Feel desperate" = not enough info here, I don't get it

"Rarely overindulge" = 3

"Easily resist temptations" = 1

"Have a high opinion of myself" = 1

"Waste my time" = 5

"Need a push to get started" = 5

"Keep my cool" = 5

"Avoid crowds" = 5

"Turn my back on others" = 3
I edited my numbers in, but I don't do that much introspection so for some numbers I could probably oyt a different one on a different day. In other words, if the algorithm returns MAFIA, ignore it!
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2022 6:34 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Mapuche Never Die replaces Juice
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2022 6:35 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 528, furtiveglance wrote:

"Get angry easily" = 4 (it doesn't take much to irk me but I won't bring it up, I'll play it off).

"Take charge" = 3

"Like music" = 5

"Like to tidy up" = 1

"Like to visit new places" = 4

"Feel comfortable around people" = 2

"Am afraid to draw attention to myself" = 4

"Enjoy being part of a large crowd" = 1

"Cheer people up" = 3

"Lose my temper" = 1

"Cheat to get ahead" = 1

"Feel desperate" = not enough info here, I don't get it

"Rarely overindulge" = 3

"Easily resist temptations" = 1

"Have a high opinion of myself" = 1

"Waste my time" = 5

"Need a push to get started" = 5

"Keep my cool" = 5

"Avoid crowds" = 5

"Turn my back on others" = 3
I edited my numbers in, but I don't do that much introspection so for some numbers I could probably PUT a different one on a different day. In other words, if the algorithm returns MAFIA, ignore it!
I changed oyt to put.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2022 7:10 am

Post by Frogsterking »

It seems as though I completely misjudged the type of player
furtiveglance
is. I overlooked that furtiveglance is creative because of their style of presentation. Also it appears as though I misjudged their low neuroticism as high conscientiousness which makes sense.

...anyway, I'm seeing some things from
hutmeil
which make me suspicious. pings me hard as being too accommodating. This is something which I've experienced twice before in much larger games coming from scum slots who get eliminated early. is starting to get repetitive. I think the reason it's repetitive is because hutmeil is keen to answer this question wherever it pops up because they have an answer for it. is a little lamist and could be an excuse to get off the Juice wagon.

My opinion is that hutmeil is scum who is leaning into aspects of their town game quite effectively and not making a lot of obvious mistakes. I think they failed to anticipate the shift in attitude surrounding the Juice slot and got caught in an awkward position. I feel like this is a big lead for Town and I could use help with critical thinking to make sure I'm not getting confbiased.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2022 7:14 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 526, hutmeil wrote:
In post 518, Ausuka wrote:I checked his meta and while he isn't the most active player - there is *definitely* something missing here.

I get the vote on me sure. Anything I can answer for you to help ease your mind?
I want to acknowledge that I saw this but I think telling you what would ease my mind so you can do those things probably isn't a good idea.
No matter what happens, I'll be right there with you.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2022 7:17 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 525, hutmeil wrote:Oh boy, that's a few pages back already. Let me check... Ah yes, I townread Furtive because he had the same question I had in mind for Frog. Basically what I'm saying is he had the same mindset as mine (trying to solve an inconsistency). Frog was voting you but townread you at the same time. See post 240

This is the section of I am referencing in as feeling repetitive.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2022 7:20 am

Post by Frogsterking »

I have a total batshit theory now where the UK/Eastern players are Town and the scum are all hiding in the slots playing in US/Western timezones.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack
Pronoun: She

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2022 7:21 am

Post by Ythan »

Vote Count 1.6Mapuche Never Die (4): furtiveglance, DeltaWave, hoppip, BlueBloodedToffee
Greeting (2): Mohab500, Eiralox
hutmeil (2): Ausuka, Frogsterking
DeltaWave (1): Mapuche Never Die
Frogsterking (1): Nuclear Gandhi

Not Voting: inutile, Greeting, hutmeil

With 13 alive it takes 7 votes to forcibly remove a player.

Day 1 ends in (expired on 2022-08-28 15:00:00)

Mod notes:
Greeting is V/LA until Saturday
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2022 7:24 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 531, Frogsterking wrote:My opinion is that hutmeil is scum who is leaning into aspects of their town game quite effectively and not making a lot of obvious mistakes.
tbh hutmeil feels frozen and if he's town then he's kind of an easy target - I would be surprised that mafia didn't target him in that case
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2022 7:25 am

Post by Ausuka »

(since afaik nobody was really pushing hutmeil before I did, although I spent some time waiting to see if it would happen)
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2022 7:48 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 536, Ausuka wrote:
In post 531, Frogsterking wrote:My opinion is that hutmeil is scum who is leaning into aspects of their town game quite effectively and not making a lot of obvious mistakes.
tbh hutmeil feels frozen and if he's town then he's kind of an easy target - I would be surprised that mafia didn't target him in that case
In post 537, Ausuka wrote:(since afaik nobody was really pushing hutmeil before I did, although I spent some time waiting to see if it would happen)
I feel like this stuff changed things the most:
In post 469, Ausuka wrote:From where I'm standing juice is town or juice is being bussed hard

Either way I have no desire to end the day here

It's not just juice a lot of people have done nothing. Mohab has done nothing but Wolfy popins and hutmeil's read list was literally just a draft of consensus reads with like no reasoning behind it and he has not done anything really unless someone asked him to

Gandhi has been catching up at a really incredibly slow pace which is like, sure the detail is great and all but there's no reason to still be talking about page 5

Hoppip has done some things to be fair but nothing towny and iirc hasn't been here super recently.

There are definitely town here and unless this contains all 3 or maybe 2 of the scum town will lose this game.
In post 499, Mohab500 wrote:
In post 496, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
In post 492, Mohab500 wrote: I do think the intent to hammer is just a way to pre-emptively justify getting on the wagon. I also never stated that I thought the juice guy was 100% town, I just don't think this excuse of him popping in and out of the game and saying random shit is a good reason to vote him because that's also exactly what I've been doing and people aren't really wagoning me hard or other people who have literally contributed nothing.
Why would he need to justify getting on the wagon when barely anyone else has? Why is Greeting's intent to hammer any worse than any other vote on the wagon?

You never stated Juice was town, but you imply it by fighting against the wagon. If Juice is town, I would bet either you or Eira are scum. Scum try to avoid this Juice wagon, 100%.

You've also contributed
some
things. Juice has contributed none, there is no comparison to be made.
No, scum don't try to avoid this wagon under traditional circumstances. It's a wagon on a guy who like everybody keeps stating has barely any useful posts. Yes there is risk of being caught as someone just going with the flow and trying to get an easy elimination (if that dude is town), but I'd reckon most people wouldn't think that far and the chances of the entirety of scum being outside this wagon is really, really low imo. I think, from my experience at least, scum tries to get people eliminated somewhat early and they don't prefer longer first days (as longer days, more typing, etc... easier to slip up obviously). Yes there are exceptions but I'd be hard pressed to call this one of them.

Perhaps by fighting against the juice wagon I am 'implying' they're town, but my point is more so how weird the vote looks from my perspective: it may be a scum bussing another scum for townie points or it might be that juice is actually town, I have no clue, because like I said they have barley contributed anything worthwhile. What I do know is that the basis for the vote is nonsensical, that's all.

I wasn't going to push hutmeil until the string of posts which FMPOV is a reaction to the above content.
hoppip
hoppip
He/Him
Townie
hoppip
He/Him
Townie
Townie

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2022 10:10 am

Post by hoppip »

In post 391, Eiralox wrote:
In post 386, hoppip wrote:Main reason I'd like for you to vote though is because you've become a focal point in the game, yet I don't really know who you scum read. You're butting heads with other players but it doesn't really
mean
anything, you know? Less defense, more offense, please.
so u basically come in to sorta shade inutile then vote juice, the wagon with most traction? any other pertinent thoughts on the game state?
Shade? I town read inutile. Sounds like you haven't been reading my posts. :oops:

Thoughts on the game state is that people keep pushing and casing and arguing with people without actually voting them, but have no problem voting other players with very little justification, especially if they can piggy back off another player's momentum. :wink:
In post 395, Eiralox wrote:
In post 386, hoppip wrote:Main reason I'd like for you to vote though is because you've become a focal point in the game, yet I don't really know who you scum read. You're butting heads with other players but it doesn't really
mean
anything, you know? Less defense, more offense, please.
see the thing is some people don't always vote without due reason. sometimes i'm exactly like that. so you tunneling towards inutile on this is either a bad play or a "push for the sake of a push."

I really haven't seen any game-relevant, alignment-relevant content come from you thus far.
There is a problem if you're five days into a game and have argued with several people, but don't have a good reason to vote someone yet. Besides, it's day 1, the whole point is to pressure people off of what little info you have and see what happens. Unless scum busses or plays very poorly, town tends to get yeeted first, so I'm not gonna stress over "good" or "bad" pushes. As long as we can get people to show their hand and make them readable for future days, I'm totally fine with an imperfect day 1 that sets us up to catch scum the following days.

Do you actually believe my ISO contains zero game and alignment relevant content? Serious question.
In post 397, Eiralox wrote:egh alea jecta est

VOTE: hoppip

@gandhi can shift back to u on a needle's drop
This a pretty bad vote, it seems pretty obvious you only voted me because Ausuka opened the door for you. Or maybe you're just hiding behind her as cover? Either way, very slimy.
In post 399, Eiralox wrote:by game related i don't mean asking people to do something but proactively hunting yourself. asking others to hunt while you aren't doing much hunting yourself is by default not a game-advancing strategy in my mind. I can bear lurkers. what always pings me tho is lurkey slots accusing other slots of being lurkey. if those slots vote there.... well then my ping becomes a bell tolling in my skull.

cos i get inutile seemed very, very very scummy the first few pages. I shared that vibe. But through later actions inutile remains in my townlocks. So would scum hopip focus like this on inutile? not a factor in my analyses. In general, in wording, by votes, I just have no idea what inutile is thinking or doing. And it feels.... did Ausuka say slimy? Sorta?

well......
Looks like another misrep to me. Two in fact. :oops:

Eira, I'll give you another chance, but you only get one! Go into my ISO and quote where I said I scum read inutile. Next, show proof that I haven't been scum hunting. Do both and I'll role claim right now! Otherwise you're gonna have to work extra hard to convince me that you're town after telling blatant lies~
hoppip
hoppip
He/Him
Townie
hoppip
He/Him
Townie
Townie

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2022 10:14 am

Post by hoppip »

"Get angry easily" = 2

"Take charge" = 2

"Like music" = 5

"Like to tidy up" = 3

"Like to visit new places" = 2

"Feel comfortable around people" = 4

"Love order and regularity" = 3

"Am afraid to draw attention to myself" = 2

"Enjoy being part of a large crowd" = 2

"Cheer people up" = 4

"Lose my temper" = 2

"Cheat to get ahead" = 2

"Feel desperate" = 1

"Rarely overindulge" = 2

"Easily resist temptations" = 3

"Have a high opinion of myself" = 2

"Waste my time" = 3

"Need a push to get started" = 4

"Have little to contribute" = 2

"Keep my cool" = 4

"Avoid crowds" = 4

"Turn my back on others" = 1
Interested to see where this goes
hoppip
hoppip
He/Him
Townie
hoppip
He/Him
Townie
Townie

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2022 10:16 am

Post by hoppip »

In post 176, Eiralox wrote:
In post 175, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 173, Eiralox wrote:I said defense, not reads. im not keen on repeating myself.
Don't think BBT really hard defended Gandhi any more than I did either. Why do you want to make a point of distinguishing us when there is no real difference?
cos ur scum with gandhi and toffee isnt. this post proves it.
What happened to this?
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him; they/them

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2022 12:07 pm

Post by Greeting »

I see Juice being replaced. I guess it’s probably common sense that the replacement should be given a chance before dropping a hammer, but I see he’s no longer at E-1 so that’s fine.

I read about half of what happened in the game with a clouded mind due to tiredness, and apparently some people are scumreading me for announcing intent to hammer. Would you rather I quickhammerred when I could? :dead:

Though I townread none of these two players so kinda not sure if it’s even worth my effort to engage with this.

Another thing I saw, I think
inutile
being concerned about the day ending early. I don’t share this concern. If the slot warrants suspicion, I don’t really see the need to drag the day on to the very last minute. This point has some validity if it’s later in the game. Town could, for instance, be middle of a massclaim and someone hasn’t had the chance to claim their result (happened in Large Normal 240 which has just ended, and because of quickhammering a scummy player who turned out to be scum, town paradoxically lost). Or, if there is enough doubt about the player being scummy. But I would say that at the time when I made my last post there wasn’t much prospect of the slot getting more towny.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2022 12:24 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

Greeting is this a common belief of yours about D1 strategy or is that unique to this game?
Mapuche Never Die
Mapuche Never Die
He/him
Goon
Mapuche Never Die
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2022 1:29 pm

Post by Mapuche Never Die »

Oh
Mapuche Never Die
Mapuche Never Die
He/him
Goon
Mapuche Never Die
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2022 1:31 pm

I joined this game purely because I saw a player named Nuclear Ghandi
Mapuche Never Die
Mapuche Never Die
He/him
Goon
Mapuche Never Die
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2022 1:38 pm

In post 7, Nuclear Gandhi wrote:Ohh hoppip is a pokemon lol.

Ausuka, whom have you most experience here with? I want to know because I'm trying to understand why the random looking vote and random looking mention, while ignoring me - the only player who has posted before you.
I dislike this post. There is no need for town!Gandhi to ask questions about Ausuka’s vote, it’s obvious that Ausuka’s vote was made jokingly, but Gandhi asks Ausuka why she hasn’t commented on his play. The other part of this post I dislike is Gandhi asking Ausuka whom she has played the most with. It’s a question that doesn’t lead to anything and is purposefully designed to fake content:
Mapuche Never Die
Mapuche Never Die
He/him
Goon
Mapuche Never Die
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2022 1:41 pm

In post 10, Nuclear Gandhi wrote:Be straight with me. Did you know the reference or did you google it? :P

Also, where the smileys at? :(
The same applies to this post. Gandhi is latching on to Ausuka’s experience with BBT and asking questions about that, but Gandhi doing this doesn’t advance the game and reads like faked content.
Mapuche Never Die
Mapuche Never Die
He/him
Goon
Mapuche Never Die
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2022 1:44 pm

In post 15, Ausuka wrote:First read is that nuclear Gandhi is town because
I want to pocket him
I think he feels comfortable
I do agree that Gandhi seems comfortable, but judging by what he has said about his prior experience, he isn’t a newbie to the game of mafia which negates this point.
Mapuche Never Die
Mapuche Never Die
He/him
Goon
Mapuche Never Die
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2022 1:48 pm

In post 29, Ausuka wrote:
In post 26, inutile wrote:was saying it felt like a sort of

"this is how to post at the beginning of the game" thing

like especially the first post is textbook "how to rvs"
Ok, am I mafia?
This post makes a very good point. Inutile has been dancing around providing a read on Ausuka but also talking about Ausuka’s posting. Scum!me used to do this a lot, I would call someone’s posts ‘weird’ and when questioned about it I would say that it was just a random remark.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”