Newbie 2101 | Better Call Saul | Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2022 1:19 pm

Post by petapan »

In post 149, esires wrote:I have no idea what to make of Juice. I mean yeah we're still fairly early in the game, but there's enough to go on at this point that a jokey OMGUS vote is a waste. At the same time it feels more town than scum to me because it's just so blatantly not giving an F.
i'm not really confident juice is scum at all but i think juice is trolling
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:18 pm

Post by petapan »

my vote was in fact specifically to see if juice would come back to the game after doing nothing and avoiding it and it produced the result i wanted
free crypto
BS2000
BS2000
Goon
BS2000
Goon
Goon

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2022 7:19 pm

Post by BS2000 »

no point in quoting anyone specifically since enough people have brought it up, but I do think an anti-town vote in D1 is a good vote. There's not a lot to go off of to scumhunt unless there is some really obvious stuff going on. Scum are gonna want those players around and instead NK the heavy townreads. (although obviously they could play around and manipulate that tactic too to confuse town). Anyway D2 seems like the time to do some real scum-hunting because there are actual deaths to go off of.

I would be more than ok with a BBT or Juice vote off. After that i'm kinda null on Esires, but their posts do seem earnest. Fancypants also null-ish, I feel like they are just not too interested in this game, but maybe could be after some pressure votes? Bulba have redeemed themselves a ton in my eyes and look very reasonable town, same goes for Meg to a lesser degree. Furtive....ya know I do get a weird vibe from their iso. Like, and I know some people get really peeved at looking for pairs in D1, but if Juice flipped scum, I feel like FG would be a decent target. But that's a small hunch i'm not gonna push. And then there's petapan, who I am still baffled and fascinated by, but is very much the most protown player and eliminating them D1 would be immensly costly if they are town.
i was going to learn the keyboard and write several ballads
But i went to a barbeque and got lost by the tater salad
FancyPants
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2022 9:19 pm

Post by FancyPants »

Caught up as of thread 4.
Thoughts:
I kinda like BBTs comment about BS2000 being a salty scum that their were no newbies in the game - in that I think it’s a township thought.

However BS’s reply in I like as well, instant paranoia induced OMGUS.

In general at this stage I like Esires and BS for town as they seem to be genuinely game solving. Same could be said for PETA but no one with their experience gets credit so easy.

Reading the rest…
FancyPants
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2022 9:32 pm

Post by FancyPants »

ok caught up.

@BS, can you explain your town read on Bulba please?

@Peta, what is your opinion of lurkers in newbie games in terms of alignment?

@Juice, please give any reads you may have this game and why.

@Meg can you elaborate on your vote on BBT.

I’m happy with my vote on Juice for now.
FancyPants
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2022 9:41 pm

Post by FancyPants »

This game seems like it's going to be kinda hard just by virtue of their being 3 or 4 players I'm going to struggle to town read based on their experience.
Bulbazoor
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2022 12:51 am

Post by Bulbazoor »

In post 155, FancyPants wrote:This game seems like it's going to be kinda hard just by virtue of their being 3 or 4 players I'm going to struggle to town read based on their experience.
In post 114, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Alright.

BS made a post saying something along the lines of 'A newbie game with no newbies in' and this came across to me like scum complaining that they have no newbies and as such are at a disadvantage.
FP what do you think about this post from BBT?
FancyPants
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2022 2:07 am

Post by FancyPants »

In post 156, Bulbazoor wrote:
In post 155, FancyPants wrote:This game seems like it's going to be kinda hard just by virtue of their being 3 or 4 players I'm going to struggle to town read based on their experience.
In post 114, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Alright.

BS made a post saying something along the lines of 'A newbie game with no newbies in' and this came across to me like scum complaining that they have no newbies and as such are at a disadvantage.
FP what do you think about this post from BBT?
I like it.

It’s kinda an offhand comment that doesn’t necessarily mean anything but I do think it’s more likely for scum to be salty that a game is suddenly filled with experienced players.
FancyPants
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2022 2:08 am

Post by FancyPants »

I’m not writing off scum BBT though I just disagree with the reasons stated for the current sus on him.
FancyPants
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2022 2:11 am

Post by FancyPants »

Oh I see what you’re getting at, because I seemed salty about the experienced players as well.
I don’t think it’s related.my style is just heavily PoE focused and when there is a bunch of heavy weight scum players in the game PoE becomes much more difficult.

But your point is taken.

Can you say why BBTs comment pings you as scummy? Is it because you think it’s flimsy reasoning?
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2022 2:15 am

Post by MegAzumarill »

In post 154, FancyPants wrote:ok caught up.

I voted them because they entered the game effectively elaborating none on their reads except one read which had reasons I consider reachy. They even agreed it's weak.

Looks like scum trying to get by rather than town because town would want to share any of their strong reads on entry so either BBT isn't sharing for some reason, or didn't have any solid reads.
Imprefection is the spice of life.
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2022 2:15 am

Post by MegAzumarill »

In post 159, FancyPants wrote:Oh I see what you’re getting at, because I seemed salty about the experienced players as well.
I don’t think it’s related.my style is just heavily PoE focused and when there is a bunch of heavy weight scum players in the game PoE becomes much more difficult.

But your point is taken.

Can you say why BBTs comment pings you as scummy? Is it because you think it’s flimsy reasoning?
Flimsy and the only reasoning they've given thus far.
Bulbazoor
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2022 2:24 am

Post by Bulbazoor »

In post 159, FancyPants wrote:Oh I see what you’re getting at, because I seemed salty about the experienced players as well.

But your point is taken.

It is both very flimsy and also something that doesn't ping me as particularly town. I would like to hear more from them. It seems like a huge reach to make from "a newbie game with no newbies in it" which is NAI to me.

I would expect better reasoning to scumread someone from someone of BBT's experience level tbh.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2022 2:51 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

In post 160, MegAzumarill wrote: I voted them because they entered the game effectively elaborating none on their reads except one read which had reasons I consider reachy. They even agreed it's weak.

Looks like scum trying to get by rather than town because town would want to share any of their strong reads on entry so either BBT isn't sharing for some reason, or didn't have any solid reads.
Do you think I would have problems making town reads as scum?

Like, unless you think I'm completely unable to fake town reads on people I know are town if I am scum then this thinking doesn't make any sense.

Additionally, do you always expect 'solid reads' on page 5 from someone who has only just entered the game and had 0 interactions?
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Bulbazoor
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2022 3:14 am

Post by Bulbazoor »

Can you explain your current read on BS?
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2022 3:35 am

Post by petapan »

In post 154, FancyPants wrote:@Peta, what is your opinion of lurkers in newbie games in terms of alignment?
>>rand scum if they're a new/inexperienced player, played a bunch of newbie games and scum were very frequently lower activity.

juice claims to have played here before though and i am not really confident xe is scum because juice could easily be a competent player. i think they're just showing a lack of respect for the other players in the game
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2022 3:37 am

Post by petapan »

i'm going to be honest though: shotgunning a bunch of questions to give the appearance of doing things is the pingiest post in this game so far. does fancypants care about this stuff or is he just sayign things? what's the goal of all these when they're so all over the place?
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2022 3:41 am

Post by petapan »

In post 152, BS2000 wrote:Furtive....ya know I do get a weird vibe from their iso. Like, and I know some people get really peeved at looking for pairs in D1, but if Juice flipped scum, I feel like FG would be a decent target. But that's a small hunch i'm not gonna push.
you don't need to push it, but talk a little about why you thought this?
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2022 3:44 am

Post by petapan »

In post 153, FancyPants wrote:I kinda like BBTs comment 114 about BS2000 being a salty scum that their were no newbies in the game - in that I think it’s a township thought.
In post 158, FancyPants wrote:I’m not writing off scum BBT though I just disagree with the reasons stated for the current sus on him.
???
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2022 3:49 am

Post by petapan »

VOTE: fancypants

i have other thoughts but i'll hold onto them for a bit. juice is immensely frustrating but i am lukewarm on the prospect of xem being scum.i think fp deserves more pressure after his posts on this page.
free crypto
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2022 3:50 am

Post by MegAzumarill »

In post 163, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
In post 160, MegAzumarill wrote: I voted them because they entered the game effectively elaborating none on their reads except one read which had reasons I consider reachy. They even agreed it's weak.

Like, unless you think I'm completely unable to fake town reads on people I know are town if I am scum then this thinking doesn't make any sense.

Additionally, do you always expect 'solid reads' on page 5 from someone who has only just entered the game and had 0 interactions?
Even if someone can fake townreads and do it well, that doesn't mean that they necessarily will every scum game. I also think it gives tou more agency to fencesit if you are scum here. I do see your point though.

I do expect 'something' more than what you gave. It just was weaker than I'd expect. Not even meeding reads just thoughts on the game that weren't there.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2022 3:51 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

I agree that I haven't provided thoughts on the full game yet, but they will come.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2022 3:52 am

Post by MegAzumarill »

In post 166, petapan wrote:

i'm going to be honest though: shotgunning a bunch of questions to give the appearance of doing things is the pingiest post in this game so far. does fancypants care about this stuff or is he just sayign things? what's the goal of all these when they're so all over the place?
To be fair they are doing more than just shoot questions in the surrounding posts. I think you are taking this post ooc here.
Bulbazoor
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2022 3:54 am

Post by Bulbazoor »

In post 163, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:

So many posts by people leaving me confused this game. How is BBT saying that someone is concerned about too many newbies a township? Fp can you elaborate on that?

If anything, BBT is the most suspicious person here to me.

I expect you to come out with a readslist soon or else you are gonna get a vote from me. I won't let you get away with not having any reads by page 10. This post reads as incredibly defensive.
Bulbazoor
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Bulbazoor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2022 3:55 am

Post by Bulbazoor »

In post 171, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:I agree that I haven't provided thoughts on the full game yet, but they will come.
Didn't see this post when I made my last post. I hope you deliver.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”