Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2022 8:13 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Why would you be productive day 3 and not day 2?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2022 8:13 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 643, Nuclear Gandhi wrote:
In post 636, Ausuka wrote:
In post 628, Nuclear Gandhi wrote:
In post 625, Eiralox wrote:like this is 625. i dont wanna be thinking about 178 at this point.
The past doesn't get invalidated, not for me at least.
Hmm.. did you sin something in the past? :twisted:
I think what Eiralox is trying to say is that it's difficult to read you when you are only engaging with things that happened early on in the day
I really wanted to make/give my full thoughts for 1 game, but clearly I'm a bit lacking on the time commitment part.
I do feel like I'd be a productive member of society by Day3 or something, so I'd prefer to keep this up as is. What do you think would be the most productive course of action for me? If I read everything and tried to give my summary - I'd forget 80% of what I read and 99% of my thoughts, if I ever would have them.
I think that the most productive use of your time is to read through the game making notes of the most important things, with less depth. Maybe just make private notes so they don't need to be presentable to others. When you're done, you can form reads using all of the information available and make those arguments to others.
No matter what happens, I'll be right there with you.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2022 8:14 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 647, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 619, Nero Cain wrote:I still want to know why Frog unvoted Gandi to join a smaller Juice wagon while still scum reading Gandhi.

3rd time I've asked this
I wanted to find out what would happen and I knew I could change my vote back.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2022 8:15 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 652, Ausuka wrote:
In post 625, Eiralox wrote:like this is 625. i dont wanna be thinking about 178 at this point.
I think what Eiralox is trying to say is that it's difficult to read you when you are only engaging with things that happened early on in the day
I really wanted to make/give my full thoughts for 1 game, but clearly I'm a bit lacking on the time commitment part.
I do feel like I'd be a productive member of society by Day3 or something, so I'd prefer to keep this up as is. What do you think would be the most productive course of action for me? If I read everything and tried to give my summary - I'd forget 80% of what I read and 99% of my thoughts, if I ever would have them.
I think that the most productive use of your time is to read through the game making notes of the most important things, with less depth. Maybe just make private notes so they don't need to be presentable to others. When you're done, you can form reads using all of the information available and make those arguments to others.
But that would defeat the whole purpose because then we couldn't SEE all the deep notes they're taking.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Nuclear Gandhi
Nuclear Gandhi
he
Goon
Nuclear Gandhi
he
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2022 8:17 am

Post by Nuclear Gandhi »

I assume Frog at least read my post/-s.
Eiralox didn't even read my last submitted post and they avoided every chance to talk about my slot early in the game. I don't believe they're game solving personally.
How can they even act about not understanding me when they don't even read my posts?

Frog is frog. I hate the inherently uncooperative playstyle, but unlike Eiralox slot - Frog at least has some process going on instead of just talking empty air.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2022 8:17 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 639, Ausuka wrote:I would be willing to wagon either hutmeil or hoppip.
Why did eiralox drop from your scum reads? I thought you were town reading hoppip?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2022 8:19 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 656, Nero Cain wrote:Why did eiralox drop from your scum reads? I thought you were town reading hoppip?
Have you gotten me confused with someone else??? I have been vocally townreading eiralox and scumreading hoppip for a long time
Nuclear Gandhi
Nuclear Gandhi
he
Goon
Nuclear Gandhi
he
Goon
Goon

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2022 8:20 am

Post by Nuclear Gandhi »

In post 651, Nero Cain wrote:Why would you be productive day 3 and not day 2?
It's the time I expect to have fully caught up, just instinctively.
I am productive for my own standards now fwiw. But I reckon by Day3 I'd solve this game more likely than most others. :cop:
Nuclear Gandhi
Nuclear Gandhi
he
Goon
Nuclear Gandhi
he
Goon
Goon

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2022 8:21 am

Post by Nuclear Gandhi »

In post 654, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 652, Ausuka wrote:
bruh, you don't have access to my own notes, don't kid yourself.
But that would defeat the whole purpose because then we couldn't SEE all the deep notes they're taking.
Nuclear Gandhi
Nuclear Gandhi
he
Goon
Nuclear Gandhi
he
Goon
Goon

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2022 8:22 am

Post by Nuclear Gandhi »

bruh, you don't have access to my own notes, don't kid yourself.*
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2022 8:25 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 657, Ausuka wrote:
In post 656, Nero Cain wrote:Why did eiralox drop from your scum reads? I thought you were town reading hoppip?
Have you gotten me confused with someone else??? I have been vocally townreading eiralox and scumreading hoppip for a long time
its possible

Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2022 8:28 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 661, Nero Cain wrote:
its possible
This is TvT
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2022 8:31 am

Post by Nero Cain »

admittedly, there was some skimming involved but I was able to read the whole game last night,

My worry here is that Gandhi is "perpetually behind" as a scum tactic rather than actually just being too lazy/busy to catch up.

Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2022 9:02 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 662, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 661, Nero Cain wrote:
its possible
This is TvT
I mean, I am explicitly townreading Nero
DeltaWave
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her/hers

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2022 9:33 am

Post by DeltaWave »

MHD is feeling town to me. we aren't going to eliminate gandhi.

keeping nero in the likely town pool (doesn't change my inutile read)

i like the greeting wagon. i don't want to vote until we get a VC because idk how close greeting is to hammer.
When there's trouble, you call DW.

"For pure will, unassuaged of purpose, delivered from the lust of result, is every way perfect."
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2022 9:45 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 665, DeltaWave wrote:MHD is feeling town to me. we aren't going to eliminate gandhi.

keeping nero in the likely town pool (doesn't change my inutile read)

i like the greeting wagon. i don't want to vote until we get a VC because idk how close greeting is to hammer.
My biggest issue with the Greeting wagon is that Greeting is V/la so they don't have the ability to adequately defend themselves. I also haven't checked Greeting's meta to see if they normally propose this strategy D1.

Posts like the above are fueling my confbias of a Delta/Gandhi/MHD solve.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2022 9:49 am

Post by Frogsterking »

Like I have 4 players in my solve right now [greeting, delta, gandhi, MHD] and apparently all 3 of them want to vote the other 1? What? This is jet fuel for conf bias.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2022 9:54 am

Post by Frogsterking »

Mapuche (MHD) is doing a similar strat as Gandhi right now by the way, just spread out over like 20 posts instead of massive walls.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2022 9:55 am

Post by Nero Cain »

no, Ausuka says those are shitty reads

Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2022 10:01 am

Post by Ausuka »

I'm increasingly convinced you haven't actually read any of my posts
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2022 10:08 am

Post by Frogsterking »

My experience from reading through a few games I wasn't in and from playing against town!Nero as scum!Frog indicates that Nero has both good read accuracy and a tendency to get sidetracked by TvTs with other active Town players.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2022 10:08 am

Post by furtiveglance »

VOTE: Frogsterking
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2022 10:09 am

Post by Frogsterking »

Strange vote @ furtiveglance
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2022 10:13 am

Post by furtiveglance »