Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2022 10:19 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 665, DeltaWave wrote:we aren't going to eliminate gandhi.
why not?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Mapuche Never Die
Mapuche Never Die
He/him
Goon
Mapuche Never Die
He/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2022 10:48 am

Post by Mapuche Never Die »

In post 219, DeltaWave wrote:
In post 197, Greeting wrote:I see a lot of talk about
DeltaWave
and they're definitely in the PoE for me. The ISO is quite shallow, when at this point there's more than enough content to make deeper reads. Not going to lie,
intuile
is probably my strongest townlean for now, and the fact that this is the player
DeltaWave
has been so focused in this game makes him look worse in my eyes.

I suppose I agree with him that
hoppip
is sus, and
Ausuka
is town, but my gut tells me that something's not right here.
In post 151, DeltaWave wrote:i'm actually interested in hearing from the sideliners since this has mostly been the same few active people talking
I'd be actually very much interested in hearing more from you.
that's a fallacy that even very seasoned mafia players make, so i'll call it a null for you. specifically, I'm referring to the idea that if you think Player A is town and Player B votes for Player A then Player B is likely mafia. makes assumptions that aren't true, and day 1 usually consists of town primarily going at each other while mafia eggs it on or hides. but like I said, even people who have played many many games make this mistake so I will call it a null for you.

i'm standing by my position that inutile is sus and i really don't care that it's making people scumread me. i'm not going to back off what i think is my best read right now because it's unpopular or it might get me eliminated. clearly, an inutile elimination is not going to happen right now based on how people are reading her but i don't operate on consensus like that. i truly do not understand why people see inutile as town. as i said before, if there's evidence that she always plays this way (even as town) then my tune might change but to date, nobody has done so unless I somehow missed it. you can think i'm mafia all you want but i would have picked a safer bet than this if that was the case. if you really think that mafia will wagon popular players instead of killing them at night i dont know what to tell you.

the hubbub around ghandi is interesting and i don't know what to make of it right now. people took very strong opinions about the player right off the bat and i can't understand why that would be the case. it would be interesting to revisit those interactions once we see some flips.

as for other reads.

asuka strikes me as town.
furtiveglance also strikes me as town. although his vote against me is wrong, the rationale seems towny.
bbt, on the other hand, strikes me as someone who wanted to piggyback off furtive's reasoning to join a relatively uncontroversial wagon that coincidentally targets the main person campaigning against inutile.
hoppip is neutral, leaning town. the rationale for sussing me wasn't great but is the kind of rationale i could expect from townspeople.
nuclear g - again, not sure what to make of this player since i just don't have a read on them and i'm confused as to why this is the biggest wagon rn. i'm not saying it's wrong, just don't know if it's right
juice, hut, miralax, and mohab all fall into the same category for me, which are low activity lurkers. there is ALWAYS scum in this group on d1. i wouldn't be surprised if juice is scum who is letting us slug it out. only two posts and still maintaining an RVS vote when we're nine pages in.

i wouldn't be terribly surprised if it's inutile/juice/bbt, assuming a standard 10:3 split.
I really like this post and I can’t fully explain why but it seems very tonally genuine
Mapuche Never Die
Mapuche Never Die
He/him
Goon
Mapuche Never Die
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2022 10:51 am

In post 228, Eiralox wrote:
In post 225, Frogsterking wrote:I'm going to puke if my solve is correct. I'm most willing to reassess on Gandhi.

im sorry im a bit of a tipsy lazy reader today. what xactly is ur solve? excluding gandhi, let's assume they are tovn for this experiment, vhich 3 slots vould u say are scum?

cos rn RE: Juice: 100% null. No data. I want juice to engage but rn i don't have enough data to even consider voting that way. And gandhi........ why they so silent? weekend awol? cos i mean i'll see scum in gandhi until gandhi convinces me otherwise. which so far: gandhi>eira: French Revo.

So where's ghandi? I want gandhi to approach ur case on them pronto. I said that slot is 100% scum............................. am i being unbending? th only person who can convince me about gandhi rn is gandhi. I'll wait.

@Gandhi: reads on Hutmeil, Toffee and Ausuka. This will help me sort you, perhaps mollify my burning desire to see you consigned to the nuclear fire. Sooooo................. yeah i think that's exactly what I want rn, from one specific slot.
Looking through Eiralox’s past town games, there is a marked tonal difference between this game and both of those. I’ll elaborate soonish
Mapuche Never Die
Mapuche Never Die
He/him
Goon
Mapuche Never Die
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2022 11:11 am

In post 230, Eiralox wrote:
In post 219, DeltaWave wrote: asuka strikes me as town.
furtiveglance also strikes me as town. although his vote against me is wrong, the rationale seems towny.
bbt, on the other hand, strikes me as someone who wanted to piggyback off furtive's reasoning to join a relatively uncontroversial wagon that coincidentally targets the main person campaigning against inutile.
hoppip is neutral, leaning town. the rationale for sussing me wasn't great but is the kind of rationale i could expect from townspeople.
nuclear g - again, not sure what to make of this player since i just don't have a read on them and i'm confused as to why this is the biggest wagon rn. i'm not saying it's wrong, just don't know if it's right
juice, hut, miralax, and mohab all fall into the same category for me, which are low activity lurkers. there is ALWAYS scum in this group on d1. i wouldn't be surprised if juice is scum who is letting us slug it out. only two posts and still maintaining an RVS vote when we're nine pages in.

i wouldn't be terribly surprised if it's inutile/juice/bbt, assuming a standard 10:3 split.
the fact that you have hoppip above "lurkers always scum in there"(which i disagree with, on rational principle) worries me.
the fact that you don't address Frogster, who is obvious town, worries me.
The fact that you are not happy with the gandhi wagon this early worries me.
The fact that juice isn't at null worries me.

why do you worry me?
Eiralox scumreading DW for not mentioning frogster because Eiralox thinks frogster is obvtown is just bad and disingenuous.
Mapuche Never Die
Mapuche Never Die
He/him
Goon
Mapuche Never Die
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2022 11:29 am

In post 243, hutmeil wrote:
In post 239, Frogsterking wrote:
@Delta
@hutmeil
@BBT

What do you make of ?
Interesting that he started his RVS on page 8. It could be he's just getting started.

I'll give the slot the benefit of the doubt but I guess the slot earns some scum points for me.
hutmeil only popping in the thread when his name is mentioned.
Mapuche Never Die
Mapuche Never Die
He/him
Goon
Mapuche Never Die
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2022 11:48 am

In post 254, Frogsterking wrote:Gandhi's not coming back lol

Gandhi was scum's savior and they got SHUT DOWN
Frogster’s cockiness is towny here.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2022 12:12 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

VOTE: MND
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2022 12:48 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Vote Count 1.7Mapuche Never Die (3): hoppip, BlueBloodedToffee, Nero Cain
Greeting (3): Mohab500, Eiralox, Nuclear Gandhi
hutmeil (1): Ausuka
DeltaWave (1): Mapuche Never Die
Nuclear Gandhi (1): Frogsterking
Frogsterking (1): furtiveglance

Not Voting: Greeting, hutmeil, DeltaWave

With 13 alive it takes 7 votes to forcibly remove a player.

Day 1 ends in (expired on 2022-08-28 15:00:00)

Mod notes:
Greeting is V/LA until Saturday
Last edited by Gamma Emerald on Fri Aug 26, 2022 1:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Mapuche Never Die
Mapuche Never Die
He/him
Goon
Mapuche Never Die
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2022 2:12 pm

In post 681, Nero Cain wrote:VOTE: MND
Why
DeltaWave
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her/hers

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2022 2:54 pm

Post by DeltaWave »

nah MND is town. or at least likely town. it even says "townie" under his name.

in response to frog's 666: yes, greeting is V/LA but that doesn't mean he's immune to suspicion. i'm not suggesting we hammer him before he get back. i'm saying that i'd vote him though but I want to see the VC specifically so I don't hammer him or bring him to E-1.

gandhi's logic seems very town but i'm still bothered that he just did some early recaps and then petered out. he still strikes me as likely town but he needs to get on the ball a bit better.
When there's trouble, you call DW.

"For pure will, unassuaged of purpose, delivered from the lust of result, is every way perfect."
Mapuche Never Die
Mapuche Never Die
He/him
Goon
Mapuche Never Die
He/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2022 3:41 pm

In post 265, Ausuka wrote:
In post 263, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 260, Ausuka wrote:You, eiralox, and Delta have all been doing it quite a lot iirc
Okay and why bring it up?
Because I think pushing teamsolves on day 1 is a bad idea and is pretty likely to misdirect our attention. Talk of associatives now is just noise. I think this is a pretty obvious answer, what are you hoping to get out of this line of questioning?
I had a pretty similar reaction - this looks like T/T
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2022 6:45 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 683, Mapuche Never Die wrote:
Why
Why not?

It feels like you are active lurking and my vote was partly cast in an attempt to spur you into action. But also thinking back I'm thinking that Juice could maybe have been scum afterall. Like I get that coincidences happen but saying that the RVS just happened to land on someone that was a viable wagon at that point seems a bit iffy to me.

its 2 days and change till deadline and you are still back on p11.

So many are being so useless with their votes.

Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2022 8:45 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 686, Nero Cain wrote:
Why
Why not?

It feels like you are active lurking and my vote was partly cast in an attempt to spur you into action. But also thinking back I'm thinking that Juice could maybe have been scum afterall. Like I get that coincidences happen but saying that the RVS just happened to land on someone that was a viable wagon at that point seems a bit iffy to me.

VOTE: MND
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
hoppip
hoppip
He/Him
Townie
hoppip
He/Him
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2022 12:41 am

Post by hoppip »

In post 682, Gamma Emerald wrote:

Vote Count 1.7Mapuche Never Die (4): DeltaWave, hoppip, BlueBloodedToffee, Nero Cain
Greeting (3): Mohab500, Eiralox, Nuclear Gandhi
hutmeil (1): Ausuka
DeltaWave (1): Mapuche Never Die
Nuclear Gandhi (1): Frogsterking
Frogsterking (1): furtiveglance

Not Voting: Greeting, hutmeil

With 13 alive it takes 7 votes to forcibly remove a player.

Day 1 ends in (expired on 2022-08-28 15:00:00)

Mod notes:
Greeting is V/LA until Saturday
I appreciate that Mapuche is playing, but I'm still gonna keep my vote there for now. I don't like the other leading wagon and the vanity wagons are yuck besides hutmeil's.
hoppip
hoppip
He/Him
Townie
hoppip
He/Him
Townie
Townie

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2022 12:43 am

Post by hoppip »

In post 677, Mapuche Never Die wrote:
In post 228, Eiralox wrote:
In post 225, Frogsterking wrote:I'm going to puke if my solve is correct. I'm most willing to reassess on Gandhi.

im sorry im a bit of a tipsy lazy reader today. what xactly is ur solve? excluding gandhi, let's assume they are tovn for this experiment, vhich 3 slots vould u say are scum?

cos rn RE: Juice: 100% null. No data. I want juice to engage but rn i don't have enough data to even consider voting that way. And gandhi........ why they so silent? weekend awol? cos i mean i'll see scum in gandhi until gandhi convinces me otherwise. which so far: gandhi>eira: French Revo.

So where's ghandi? I want gandhi to approach ur case on them pronto. I said that slot is 100% scum............................. am i being unbending? th only person who can convince me about gandhi rn is gandhi. I'll wait.

@Gandhi: reads on Hutmeil, Toffee and Ausuka. This will help me sort you, perhaps mollify my burning desire to see you consigned to the nuclear fire. Sooooo................. yeah i think that's exactly what I want rn, from one specific slot.
Looking through Eiralox’s past town games, there is a marked tonal difference between this game and both of those. I’ll elaborate soonish
This does intrigue me though. If nothing else, I'd like to see something entirely original that isn't just play-by-play reactions to a bunch of posts. I'm already ignoring Gandhi's posts (sorry Gandhi!) for doing the same thing but also making giant blocks of text that are a pain to read.
hoppip
hoppip
He/Him
Townie
hoppip
He/Him
Townie
Townie

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2022 12:50 am

Post by hoppip »

In post 686, Nero Cain wrote:
Why
Why not?

Vibing with this post pretty hard. Going through Nero's posts, my town read on the slot still sticks.
hoppip
hoppip
He/Him
Townie
hoppip
He/Him
Townie
Townie

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2022 12:55 am

Post by hoppip »

Hmm...

You know what, I'll vote hutmeil if Mapuche does.
DeltaWave
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2022 1:06 am

Post by DeltaWave »

i unvoted MND earlier but the mod missed it. to be clear, UNVOTE: Mapuche

Thank you for the correction, the correct vote was edited in earlier - Gamma Emerald
Last edited by Gamma Emerald on Fri Aug 26, 2022 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

"For pure will, unassuaged of purpose, delivered from the lust of result, is every way perfect."
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2022 1:09 am

Post by Ausuka »

Hoppip what's your actual read on Hutmeil

Same to delta I guess

I think he's like, really blatantly scummy, and do not understand the general lack of attention to him at all
No matter what happens, I'll be right there with you.
DeltaWave
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2022 1:18 am

Post by DeltaWave »

In post 693, Ausuka wrote:Hoppip what's your actual read on Hutmeil

Same to delta I guess

I think he's like, really blatantly scummy, and do not understand the general lack of attention to him at all
oh yeah i've been agreeing with you on that. i mentioned him in my last read list.

VOTE: hutmeil

MPD as the lead weagon seems mostly like juice carryover. i think RMD has reallly come off as town and i'm not going to be voting for them.

DeltaWave
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2022 1:19 am

Post by DeltaWave »

going to give greeting some breathing room until v/la is over

Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2022 1:30 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 693, Ausuka wrote:Hoppip what's your actual read on Hutmeil

Same to delta I guess

I empathize with your frustration and I think you have a good case for hutmeil on D2. I think there are a lot of scummy slots in this game which is why hutmeil isn't getting much attention. I think MND is miles scummier than hutmeil and I prefer to send MND packing D1.
In post 692, DeltaWave wrote:i unvoted MND earlier but the mod missed it. to be clear, UNVOTE: Mapuche
I want to make a note of this unvote right here. Why?

PEdit:

MND hasn't done anything Town!Indicative. This is a bizarre statement from Delta which sends me further into confbiasing the Delta/Gandhi/MND solve.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2022 1:39 am

Post by Ausuka »

I don't really have a read on MND yet. I get being somewhat frustrated that he's still talking about early game stuff but he just replaced in so.

And I think MND will probably die on d1 and I don't have a massive problem with that - I think it's fairly likely that slot was being bussed. I am a bit frustrated that we have not been able to sustain a proper wagon on any other player in the game, though.
No matter what happens, I'll be right there with you.
DeltaWave
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2022 1:40 am

Post by DeltaWave »

In post 696, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 692, DeltaWave wrote:i unvoted MND earlier but the mod missed it. to be clear, UNVOTE: Mapuche
I want to make a note of this unvote right here. Why?

PEdit:

MND hasn't done anything Town!Indicative. This is a bizarre statement from Delta which sends me further into confbiasing the Delta/Gandhi/MND solve.
i unvoted MHG in #557 but the mod didn't count it. so i did it again.

Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2022 1:48 am

Post by Frogsterking »

That's great Delta. I reread and it's golden. Can you explain why you're fence sitting on at least half of your reads? Also can you clarify the following read into anything that sounds believable?
In post 557, DeltaWave wrote:furtiveglance - i'm pretty sure you're town. i see town reasoning behind a lot of your actions.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”