Newbie 2101 | Better Call Saul | Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
BS2000
BS2000
Goon
BS2000
Goon
Goon

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2022 7:27 pm

Post by BS2000 »

My god how much longer are we gonna continue the "here is my gut read on this person" "wow a gut read?" " yeah it was from page X what do you expect" thing going? I feel like I've read that a few dozen times now. let's hope we see it on page 50.
In post 154, FancyPants wrote: @BS, can you explain your town read on Bulba please?
I just find them the most agreeable and reasonable player in this game to me. I think it's as simple as that.
In post 189, furtiveglance wrote:Hi guys, any questions for me?
@furtiveglance: your top 2 scumreads? Top 2 townreads?
Sometime earlier petapan asked why I am connecting Juice and FurtiveGlance, but I wanna see this answer at least first.
In post 192, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
In post 66, BS2000 wrote: Starting to get townvibes from Meg's exchange with FancyPants. Need to see more from Juice/Bulba/BBT. There's scum somewhere in there.
Talk about the townvibes from Meg? Also, why are you confident there is scum in Juice/Bulba/BBT exactly?
yeah it was from page 3 what do you expect

(jk)

I felt like Meg was posting a lot of fluff early but later on their tone shifted. Also like it has been mentioned before, I feel like less activity correlates a bit more as scum. Bulba seems town to me now, but I would need to see more from Juice to be less sus. And your accusation and reasoning of me after the vote seems not good. FP has been defending the hell out of you which is interesting. Even though you are reading the game and you brought up an interesting point about esires, I still think you are a good choice to vote out D1.
i was going to learn the keyboard and write several ballads
But i went to a barbeque and got lost by the tater salad
FancyPants
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2022 9:36 pm

Post by FancyPants »

In post 149, esires wrote:
In post 131, Bulbazoor wrote:
In post 129, esires wrote:OK I don't like this too much. I guess to an extent everyone has to rely on gut this early, but it's like, at least try to justify a vote with reasoning. Then post 106 looks like scrambling to justify the prior post.
We were on page 3... tell me what you were reading based off of at that point.
Well reading and voting are different things... once past my RV I tried to put my vote somewhere where it would accomplish something (first on a wagon (thought it didn't go anywhere) for pressure, and then on the player I thought was scummiest based on their post.

peta is solidly a townread for me at this point.

I have no idea what to make of Juice. I mean yeah we're still fairly early in the game, but there's enough to go on at this point that a jokey OMGUS vote is a waste. At the same time it feels more town than scum to me because it's just so blatantly not giving an F.

I would be OK with BBT for elim today, def on my scumlist. But no rush either so I'm letting my vote sit where it is.
Can you please explain why you’d be Ok with a BBT lynch?
FancyPants
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2022 9:39 pm

Post by FancyPants »

In post 200, BS2000 wrote:My god how much longer are we gonna continue the "here is my gut read on this person" "wow a gut read?" " yeah it was from page X what do you expect" thing going? I feel like I've read that a few dozen times now. let's hope we see it on page 50.
In post 154, FancyPants wrote: @BS, can you explain your town read on Bulba please?
I just find them the most agreeable and reasonable player in this game to me. I think it's as simple as that.

@furtiveglance: your top 2 scumreads? Top 2 townreads?
Sometime earlier petapan asked why I am connecting Juice and FurtiveGlance, but I wanna see this answer at least first.
In post 192, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
In post 66, BS2000 wrote: Starting to get townvibes from Meg's exchange with FancyPants. Need to see more from Juice/Bulba/BBT. There's scum somewhere in there.
Talk about the townvibes from Meg? Also, why are you confident there is scum in Juice/Bulba/BBT exactly?
yeah it was from page 3 what do you expect

(jk)

I felt like Meg was posting a lot of fluff early but later on their tone shifted. Also like it has been mentioned before, I feel like less activity correlates a bit more as scum. Bulba seems town to me now, but I would need to see more from Juice to be less sus. And your accusation and reasoning of me after the vote seems not good. FP has been defending the hell out of you which is interesting. Even though you are reading the game and you brought up an interesting point about esires, I still think you are a good choice to vote out D1.
Hmm referring to the bolded.

I really don’t like your response here, sounds like you’re post hoc justifying your bulba read, like what does reasonable and agreeable even mean in this context?
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2022 10:54 pm

Post by furtiveglance »

Esires, I'd say Petapan and you for 2 townreads and BBT/Juice for 2 scumreads
FancyPants
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
FancyPants
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2022 11:03 pm

Post by FancyPants »

In post 203, furtiveglance wrote:Esires, I'd say Petapan and you for 2 townreads and BBT/Juice for 2 scumreads
Why do you town read esires?
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2022 2:05 am

Post by petapan »

In post 200, BS2000 wrote:My god how much longer are we gonna continue the "here is my gut read on this person" "wow a gut read?" " yeah it was from page X what do you expect" thing going? I feel like I've read that a few dozen times now. let's hope we see it on page 50.
dunno dude it's day 1 that's how it goes. it's tiresome but a necessary part of the game. eventually we will run someone up and elim them. since time is running short and site activity tends to nosedive on the weekends, we should probably run someone up for a claim soonish and then decide if we want to elim them
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2022 2:08 am

Post by petapan »

In post 199, MegAzumarill wrote:Wont be able to do much more tonight
doing replies inside a huge quote block is really hard to parse visually fyi

you don't need to redo it just though i'd comment
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2022 2:09 am

Post by petapan »

VOTE: esires

as a counterwagon to BBT, see where people fall. i find bbt's semantics points at least mildly interesting and i feel like other people have stepped up while they've receded. will elaborate on other reads today.
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2022 3:02 am

Post by petapan »

basically i think bs2000's "small hunch" bit in where he's drawing a connection between players but not overtly suggesting they are teammates or whatever, reads like a very real thought to me, come across as someone legitimately thinking about the game. i do that sort of thing where i'll see an interaction and consider if it could possibly be a teammate interaction a lot, but i tend not to out it because you're very unlikely to be correct on those type of reads on day 1, especially in a game with only 2 scum. scum can fake arguments about people being teamed and often do because it's easier to argue associations, but the way bs2000 is doing that wasn't intent on selling anyone on voting juice, just "oh here's a thought i had, take note of this"

for bulbazoor just reads very town to me. that looks like someone who is scumhunting. i believe the suspicion and he's pressuring his target to contribute rather than just calling for his head.
free crypto
esires
esires
Goon
esires
Goon
Goon

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2022 4:20 am

Post by esires »

Getting an SQL error each time I try to post... this is a test post to see if it's my formatting causing the issue
esires
esires
Goon
esires
Goon
Goon

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2022 4:24 am

Post by esires »

OK, not sure how to proceed as I have a post written and it previews fine, but it won't actually post.
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2022 4:33 am

Post by petapan »

try editing it and only posting it in chunks? if you're doing something problematic with bbcode then it'll be easier to figure out if it's isolated in a small segment
free crypto
esires
esires
Goon
esires
Goon
Goon

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2022 4:38 am

Post by esires »

BBT wrote:You're careful with your wording in this post, little things like this catch my attention. 'Slight' scum read, 'little' sus, softly, softly scum read so as to not draw too much attention. I don't see the wishy-washyness in this post and I don't know why that makes it scummy? Elaborate?
Ultimately it was a slight read that was a little sus. Early read - original post explains my rationale.
BBT wrote:Second, this is something scum do a lot. I'm referencing your statement regarding your entrance into the game for clarity; the whole 'Yeah I know my entrance wasn't great but I was so busy and just wanted to contribute something to the game because I'm town. 'Rush' posting implies you didn't think much and so tries to excuse what you yourself consider bad posting.
Welp, it was true.
bulba wrote:I do tend to be partial to people with higher activity in a game so I cannot fault you for having that mindset. However, esires, I do see that you did question me on not having any reasoning for a vote. This was page six.
Yeah my problem wasn't that you made an RVS, it was that you tried to justify it with flimsy logic.
Juice wrote:peta is squeaking like scum. if they were town, they would of just kept their vote on me,
peta is my most solid townread and this is a pretty crap post from Juice. Still feels more like laziness than scum though.
Fancypants wrote:Can you please explain why you’d be Ok with a BBT lynch?
I thought their post about BS commenting on no newbs was a serious stretch that could either be distancing or just a regular old scum stretch to justify suspicion. And BS's response in post 123 made me feel even more like it was distancing.

Feel better about this now:

UNVOTE:
VOTE: BBT
esires
esires
Goon
esires
Goon
Goon

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2022 4:39 am

Post by esires »

sidebar - the issue was an emoji I pasted in. the forum didn't like that.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2022 8:10 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 204, FancyPants wrote:
In post 203, furtiveglance wrote:Esires, I'd say Petapan and you for 2 townreads and BBT/Juice for 2 scumreads
Why do you town read esires?
Not sure, hard to articulate it.
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2022 10:48 am

Post by MegAzumarill »

In post 212, esires wrote:
BBT wrote:You're careful with your wording in this post, little things like this catch my attention. 'Slight' scum read, 'little' sus, softly, softly scum read so as to not draw too much attention. I don't see the wishy-washyness in this post and I don't know why that makes it scummy? Elaborate?
Ultimately it was a slight read that was a little sus. Early read - original post explains my rationale.
BBT wrote:Second, this is something scum do a lot. I'm referencing your statement regarding your entrance into the game for clarity; the whole 'Yeah I know my entrance wasn't great but I was so busy and just wanted to contribute something to the game because I'm town. 'Rush' posting implies you didn't think much and so tries to excuse what you yourself consider bad posting.
Welp, it was true.
bulba wrote:I do tend to be partial to people with higher activity in a game so I cannot fault you for having that mindset. However, esires, I do see that you did question me on not having any reasoning for a vote. This was page six.
Yeah my problem wasn't that you made an RVS, it was that you tried to justify it with flimsy logic.
Juice wrote:peta is squeaking like scum. if they were town, they would of just kept their vote on me,
peta is my most solid townread and this is a pretty crap post from Juice. Still feels more like laziness than scum though.
Fancypants wrote:Can you please explain why you’d be Ok with a BBT lynch?
I thought their post about BS commenting on no newbs was a serious stretch that could either be distancing or just a regular old scum stretch to justify suspicion. And BS's response in post 123 made me feel even more like it was distancing.

Feel better about this now:

UNVOTE:
VOTE: BBT
Besides BBT, who do you scumread?
Imprefection is the spice of life.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2022 11:06 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

esires with the OMGUS. Nice.

Will get to this properly tomorrow.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
BS2000
BS2000
Goon
BS2000
Goon
Goon

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2022 7:21 pm

Post by BS2000 »

In post 202, FancyPants wrote: I really don’t like your response here, sounds like you’re post hoc justifying your bulba read, like what does reasonable and agreeable even mean in this context?
Like I agree with most of what they are saying. Except for their read on Meg. I feel like the semantics arguing, or just the weird arguing over Bulba not having an issue with FPs entrance feels like town vs town bickering. But Bulba hasn't done anything odd to me. Although they have had their vote parked this entire time and hasn't gotten any flak for it from anybody.

@petapan, you jumped your vote around to 5 different players now. Which players are you comfortable to voting out D1?

For me, I am good voting out BBT or Juice the most, I could maybe do furtive or fancypants.
i was going to learn the keyboard and write several ballads
But i went to a barbeque and got lost by the tater salad
Juice
Juice
xe, xem, xyrs
Goon
Juice
xe, xem, xyrs
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: xe, xem, xyrs

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Fri Aug 26, 2022 10:27 pm

Post by Juice »

petagan is just vote spreading to seem town - we caught mafia already
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2022 2:24 am

Post by humaneatingmonkey »

Vote Count 1.04

————

BlueBloodedToffee (4):
MegAzumarill, BS2000, furtiveglance, esires
[E-1]

esires (3):
Bulbazoor, BlueBloodedToffee, petapan
petapan (1):
Juice
Juice (1):
FancyPants

With 9 alive, it's 5 to eliminate.

Deadline for Day 1 is August 30 at 02:00 PM GMT +8

Deadline Timer:
(expired on 2022-08-30 14:00:00)
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2022 2:41 am

Post by petapan »

In post 218, Juice wrote:petagan is just vote spreading to seem town - we caught mafia already
why do you think i'm faking it, juice? you know, i think i was unfair to you at the start and that was very rude of me. talk to me, juice.
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2022 2:50 am

Post by petapan »

In post 217, BS2000 wrote:
In post 202, FancyPants wrote: I really don’t like your response here, sounds like you’re post hoc justifying your bulba read, like what does reasonable and agreeable even mean in this context?
Like I agree with most of what they are saying. Except for their read on Meg. I feel like the semantics arguing, or just the weird arguing over Bulba not having an issue with FPs entrance feels like town vs town bickering. But Bulba hasn't done anything odd to me. Although they have had their vote parked this entire time and hasn't gotten any flak for it from anybody.

@petapan, you jumped your vote around to 5 different players now. Which players are you comfortable to voting out D1?

For me, I am good voting out BBT or Juice the most, I could maybe do furtive or fancypants.
i move my vote around frequently because pressuring people is the best way to get a read on their alignment. especially on day 1 reads are going to be in flux pretty frequently because i'm starting with nothing and i'll vote someone and then they'll towntell.

fancypants or esires would be my choice for a flip if you made me king but i'm not going to stop the bbt wagon if it goes through
free crypto
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2022 2:59 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

In post 115, furtiveglance wrote:After my latest read through I'm struggling to read the situation correctly, kind of scumreading both BS2 and BBT a bit but I feel reluctant to vote. I'm gonna unvote Meg, all is forgiven and they seem fine now.
Talk about why I'm scum and your reversal on Meg.
In post 147, Bulbazoor wrote:I am leaning towards voting BBT for now. However, I am not going to rush as that would put him at E-1 and we have six days left (last time I checked that's what I saw).
It would appear that almost everyone is OK with voting me
In post 153, FancyPants wrote: In general at this stage I like Esires and BS for town as they seem to be genuinely game solving.
Talk about the esires town read please?
In post 187, Juice wrote:peta is squeaking like scum. if they were town, they would of just kept their vote on me,
Bad post
You can't engage yourself in the game?

I think BS, Fancy, Peta and Bulba are town.

esires has a good chance of being scum.

The other scum is in Juice, Furtive, Meg. In that order. Juice is extremely disengaged with the game and that's a red flag for me.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2022 3:06 am

Post by petapan »

actually furtiveglance has been underwhelming since his start, i'm not seeing any depth to his reads
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Sat Aug 27, 2022 3:09 am

Post by petapan »

eh hm might be a playstyle thing but he could probably do with some scrutiny. wouldn't vote him probably but more null as of right now
free crypto

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”